Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3890 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
20. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 19:13 Overon

This is just sad. The people who enjoyed Tribes 1 and Tribes 2 are in their 20's and 30's. How are you going to get them to play a game based on buying items.

They are setting themselves up for failure. They won't get the core Tribes audience and they will not get the newbies either.

Man I wish this was not true, but Tribes is now dead to me with this free to play bullshit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hear Yee, Hear Yee
23. Re: Hear Yee, Hear Yee Jun 27, 2011, 19:04 Overon

I think this Senator would be more successful if the scientific evidence was in his favor. Unfortunately it is not. Judges try to use reason and evidence, including scientific evidence to make their decisions. Good luck convincing Judges that video games cause harm, you won't unless the science backs you up, and it does not.

That's the bottom line.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer
5. Re: Tribes Ascend Will Be F2P, Gameplay Trailer Jun 27, 2011, 16:15 Overon

Well now my excitement for this game has just taken a nose down and is now subterranean.

Free to play is not a quality game.

They aren't tyring to appeal to the hardcore crowd with this move.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December
31. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Ending in December Jun 25, 2011, 01:22 Overon

Maybe star wars has some kind of "will not compete clause."  

News Comments > PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend
32. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 22, 2011, 14:41 Overon

Tribes 2 had 64 man servers almost a decade before any other first person shooter. How can they possibly not have dedicated servers? How can you play a game where you need to lead your target in the z access peer to peer? Please.  

12. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 21, 2011, 21:54 Overon

necrosis wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 21:00:
This means nothing anymore and it will take developers years to realize it.

As much as I love The Witcher 2 its lead platform was PC but it was quite obvious they took consoles into account and the game suffered because of it.

I agree with the Witcher 2. Saying that something is a lead platform does not mean that your design decisions do not have consoled factored into them. Witcher 2 definately has some console design decisions like the 16:9 fullscreen only and some of the interface designs. I'm still waiting for the 1.3 patch which will give me 16:10 fullscreen support, then I can finally play past the prologue.

10. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 21, 2011, 21:52 Overon

Blur is a bad idea in a fast paced aerial combat game and so is depth of field and a narrow FOV. Also the gun models are way too big. You can make highly detailed gun models without having them taking up so much of the damn screen. BUT that does not mean this stuff can't be turned off or adjusted.  

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned
6. Re: Crysis 2 DX 11 Tessellation Pack and Hi Res Texture Packs Planned Jun 21, 2011, 21:48 Overon

Well Microsoft, Nvidia, AMD/ATI should have paid them more money to implement these features earlier, you now upon release. But it's better late than never.  

3. Re: PC Lead Platform on Tribes Ascend Jun 21, 2011, 20:25 Overon

I'm going to be harsh: If you plan on releasing Tribes Ascend on consoles, that means you are going to be making game design decisions with the future console ports in mind. Given this fact how do you not compromise what made Tribes, Tribes?

I hope they prove me wrong.

The community is actually divided into sub-factions in that some believe T1 was best, some T2, and some T:V.
Okay I understand the T1 vs T2 part, it's definately true. But T:V? That must be the biggest overstatement ever. The only thing T:V had was a pretty decent single player story and pretty graphics.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo
14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Jun 21, 2011, 16:20 Overon

So what level is in the demo?  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 16:20 Overon

ASeven wrote on Jun 21, 2011, 12:02:
Full destruction, modtools, server files ranked and unranked, this is the most pure PC game in years.

And s, the game has full destruction.

Full destruction? Huh? I don't think it's like Red Faction series in terms of destruction but show me that I am wrong and I will acknowledge it.

This comment was edited on Jun 21, 2011, 17:12.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August
10. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad in August Jun 21, 2011, 16:15 Overon

If you have Red Orchestra or Killing Floor, you know that for these developers, when you buy their games, you are purchasing a long term investement that keeps on giving. They release shitloads of patches and content after release very much like old school PC developers 10 years ago.

CD Projekt Red and Tripwire Interactive are people I feel good about giving money too.

And it's 40 bucks not $50 or %60 like so many console and PC games these days.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeon Siege III, PC Control Fixes Planned Jun 21, 2011, 16:01 Overon

Once again as a PC gamer, I am made to feel like a second class citizen.

If you plan on a multiplatform release (including PC), please fucking spend the extra time making sure the fucking basic control configuration works on PC. I know sometimes you don't have time\budget to do this. At least these guys say they will add better key support on the PC in a patch.

Would a developer release a multiplatform title and have poor gamepad support on the consoles? I would like to see that happen.

Bottom line, stop forcing console limitations on the PC.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today
10. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Demo Today Jun 21, 2011, 11:15 Overon

Did they pick the beginning of the game for the demo?  

News Comments > On Red Orchestra 2 Ranked Servers and Anti-Cheat Measures
34. Re: On Red Orchestra 2 Ranked Servers and Anti-Cheat Measures Jun 20, 2011, 01:51 Overon

PHJF wrote on Jun 19, 2011, 23:55:

You guys are making a thinking mistake. You are making the "all or nothing" fallacy. Just because PB cannot stop EVERY cheat does not mean it does not stop any cheat. It raises the bar and that automatically means less cheating.

I'm not saying anything about PB's ability or inability to effectively stop cheating in games where it is employed. I'm saying PB is a piece of shit app because in the last handful of games I've attempted to play which included PB, PB directly prevented me from playing the game at all at one point or intermittently. AFAIK I still can't play Bad Company 2 because PB booted me from almost every game after less than five minutes of play.
Since computers are deterministic machines, there are reasons why this is happening to you. It's not magic and you should look into them.

News Comments > On Red Orchestra 2 Ranked Servers and Anti-Cheat Measures
29. Re: On Red Orchestra 2 Ranked Servers and Anti-Cheat Measures Jun 19, 2011, 22:56 Overon

You guys are making a thinking mistake. You are making the "all or nothing" fallacy. Just because PB cannot stop EVERY cheat does not mean it does not stop any cheat. It raises the bar and that automatically means less cheating.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham City & GFWL
57. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 15:53 Overon

I bought an xbox 360 wired controller for my PC so I could play Batman Arkham Asylum. By far the best console port I have played.  

56. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 15:52 Overon

Jonny5 wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 08:32:
InBlack wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 08:24:
A friend of mine (used to be a pro Quake gamer) uses a wireless mouse when he messes around at home. At tournaments he always insisted on cord based mice though for one simple reason.

Wi-Fi doesnt really have that much input lag, like someone said its barely noticable even in pro gaming. Where it fails though is in prolonged camping instances where there is a slight "packetloss". The mouse goes into a sort of standby mode if its not moved around for some time and that certainly is noticable when the action picks up again. Also random wifi interference, signal loss, etc. all of these things are possible (although rare) and in tournament situations when they happen its usually at the worst possible moment in critical situations.

Tournament ya, Teh best gaming mice are wired, Jeryyk lives in his moms basement, He is No pro player, he is just eleetist prick that thinks he knows everything about gaming. And by the way, true gaming mice the HAPPEN to be wirless, do not have the Shut down (camp) mode in which you speak of. As far as a console in 2011 made for Big screens made for couches, A wireless controller is just fucking fine. And tools here think its hard to recharge?First of all if you are console gaming more then 6 hours at a time, you need to re-evaluate your life. Second, Recharge while you sleep, easy!
Ad hominem.

News Comments > QUAKE "Reboot" Possible
34. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 15:00 Overon

Why wouldn't "strong factions" want to re-release the games on the new tech? It brings in the money, which is why everyone does it.  

30. Re: Batman: Arkham City & GFWL Jun 17, 2011, 06:44 Overon

Microsoft pays developers to use GFWL and also helps them implement into a game.  

3890 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo