Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3897 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Gratuitous Tank Battles Announced
23. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Announced Jul 13, 2011, 15:23 Overon

KilrathiAce wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 12:19:
Overon wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 10:23:
I don't understand where this anomosity for Cliffski and Positech Games is coming from. I'm puzzled.

Simple, people see word "Cliffski" and they instantly see HATE because they think its Cliffy B.... lol
LoL that could be the problem.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gratuitous Tank Battles Announced
21. Re: Gratuitous Tank Battles Announced Jul 13, 2011, 10:23 Overon

I don't understand where this anomosity for Cliffski and Positech Games is coming from. I'm puzzled.  

News Comments > L4D2 DLC This Month
11. Re: L4D2 DLC This Month Jul 12, 2011, 11:46 Overon

I played the storm train part on easy difficulty and the infected DID stop coming. Also the water current makes you go over the edge, and it is IMPOSSIBLE currently to resuce the person who is hanging on before they fall. When you approach it and try to save them you fall over as well because of the current.  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Demo Planned
27. Re: Mass Effect 3 Demo Planned Jul 11, 2011, 14:28 Overon

When a developer posts on twitter about a demo, you have to ask whether they mean PC, you know they mean consoles, but you don't know if that also includes the PC.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 11, 2011, 13:56 Overon

That comic is perfect. Nvidia care about having something proprietary that distinguishes their card from their competition.  

News Comments > Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend
36. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 11, 2011, 09:54 Overon

OldScho0l wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 09:05:
Jerykk wrote on Jul 11, 2011, 01:30:
I really don't understand why devs can't make a good Tribes sequel. Yes, I know they want to appeal to a broader audience but that doesn't mean they have to change or remove things that people liked in the previous games. Nobody asked for a two-weapon limit. Nobody asked for a limited, predefined loadout system. Nobody asked for unlockables and grinding. Nobody asked for a sniper rifle that uses ammo instead of energy. Nobody asked for a pistol.

If you want to make an accessible Tribes game, provide extensive and enjoyable tutorials that novices and veterans can both use. Skiing challenges, midair disc challenges, sniping challenges, flag passing challenges, etc. Activities that would help newbies learn the basics while helping veterans hone their skills.

Agreed. Tribes 1 was simple (graphically) and had tutorials for everything. It was great! The very essence of the original Tribes is lost forever.
Grinding in Tribes?? That sounds stupid to me. The problem that I see with game development today is that the suits have gotten too involved and want to cash in on the classics that we all loved. It's like the current trend of remaking the older movies and 99% of them turn out to be trash (Example: Clash of The Titans). I'm so tired of all the greed involved in gaming and every other aspect of American life. I wish all these greedy suits would just die already. Our entire planet is shaped by greed and I for one am tired of it. We can't even watch a television show without a commercial break every 8 minutes. Who the hell needs a break after only 8 minutes? Someone should create a nasty virus that only targets greedy people. The world would be a better place without these douchebags. Games used to be about fun. Now it's about quarterly earnings.
OldScho0l you have a ronanticized view of history that never was. Money is the prirmary motivator for game creation, always has been. Artistic and creative aspects are secondary, since everyone needs to pay the bills and pay to support their lifestyle. Greed is an aspect of human nature. Greed is something that made us a successful species on this planet. You can't fight human nature. You will inevitably fail as has been shown countless times throughout history. Al you can do is understand human greed and accept it and try to guide it for non destructive purposes. You can restrain its worst abuses.

News Comments > Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend
35. Re: Hi-Rez on F2P Tribes Ascend Jul 11, 2011, 09:48 Overon

There is one positive that everyone agrees on:
At least there will be a demo, since it free to play\pay to win.

News Comments > Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition
44. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 10, 2011, 11:23 Overon

Tumbler wrote on Jul 10, 2011, 10:14:
N7 Hoodie – For Commander Shepard’s casual days on board the Normandy.
Why would you ever want him in a fucking hoodie!?
for the same reason kids play with dolls and dress them up.

News Comments > Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition
23. Re: Origin Exclusive Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition Jul 9, 2011, 20:31 Overon

It's no secret that publishers have been trying to raise the price of games for quite a while now. It's no secret that the price of game has been relatively stable until the PS3 and Xbox360 60 dollar new game standard price tag came along. From their perspective the price of developing a game keeps going up while the price of the game does not. Well this is EA trying to get players used to paying more. They have pretty much succeeded with paid DLC already and they will no doubt succeed with this as well. Publishers want to change expectations.

Some of us old timers remember when new games cost 40 bucks. Some of us remember how downloadable content was free. Some of us remember that mod tools for making additional content for the game were available for free on release day. The publishers are desperately trying to change expectations where games cost more, you pay for downloadable content, and no mod tool are released, forcing you to get extra downloadable content by paying for it from them.

80 bucks is insanity but there will be people who take them up on that offer. I won't be one of them. The days of preordering games have come and gone for me, I have been disappointed way to many times.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM
29. Re: CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM Jul 9, 2011, 19:37 Overon

Don't misunderstand, if you want to support gamepads on the PC that's fine. However if you have to prioritize support, keyboard and mouse first, and then gamepads and everything else first.

And now this thread is derailed.

20. Re: CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM Jul 9, 2011, 12:09 Overon

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 12:07:
And to be honest I don't care or feel for them. I have some definite angst over the console design crap they injected into TW2.
So let me get this straight. You want them to be sued over a quarrel you have with the game that's totally unrelated to the lawsuit at hand? You basically want them to lose despite giving what all gamers what, DRM free games?

That's kind of pushing the reasons to spite someone, don't you think? You're a little brat, who doesn't deserve to play any game at all.
I also dislike some of the console design decisions in the game as well. And while I am disappointed, I won't go as far as to wish them ill will or hope bad things will happen to them. Even if I did, wishful thinking doesn't actually do anything.

18. Re: CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM Jul 9, 2011, 12:07 Overon

CJ_Parker wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 10:25:
Acleacius wrote on Jul 9, 2011, 09:54:
Actually could be an important case, a developer will be telling the truth about DRM (e.g. it's bad and it hurts customers ability to play the game) in court. Publicly open and available to the public to hear.

Could be really bad and messy for all publishers. So count me in the backlash.

Have we been hitting the pipe again? I hope that everyone remembers that CDP did not remove the DRM from the retail version because DRM is "teh suck" or because it hurts honest customers but because they were too lazy and incompetent to fix the issues with their launcher and the DRM. So instead of fixing shit they just removed the DRM wholesale.
Apparently they did so without getting approval from Namco Bandai and were hoping to get away with it.
I very much doubt that the contract is ambiguous in that regard since this is about standard contractual stuff so CDP will very likely lose this case and rightfully so if they can't read.

I'm getting strong vibes here that they generally need to improve on their professional conduct and business relationships. The whole mystery around the cancellation of the console version of the first Witcher game was pretty fishy as well with conflicting statements from CDP and the guys who were working on the port. It can hardly be a coincidence that they get in trouble with every one of their releases.
Also seemed kind of strange when one of their lead devs left the team shortly after TW2 was released, supposedly because of "burn-out". Do you leave right after the successful launch of a major AAA title instead of reaping the rewards if everything is in order at the company? I don't think so...
The unfunny stunt where they faked the closure of GOG also comes to mind. It was in poor taste and just plain dumb and unoriginal. Any four year old has a better business sense than these guys.
It will bite them majorly in the ass one day if they don't get more professional.

CJ_Parker you make a lot of claims, do you have any links to back them up or the like? Otherwise you are just speculating.

7. Re: CD Projekt RED Sued for Removing The Witcher 2 DRM Jul 9, 2011, 01:51 Overon

So Namco Bandai is making two points. First they are pissed that DRM was removed without consulting them. Second they are pissed that CD Projekt Red went with THQ as the publisher of Witcher 2 for Xbox360.

I am very interested to see what the actual contract said if anything about both those points.

Either way, Namco Bandai is not going to win any friends in the gamer community because of this. In fact they should be prepared for a backlash.

News Comments > Capcom on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition PC Issues
1. Re: Capcom on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition PC Issues Jul 7, 2011, 22:32 Overon

Someone forgot to test the game on a PC? Or someone knew of the problems and said to release it anyway. Either way fuck you Capcom.  

News Comments > Dishonored Revealed
11. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 15:22 Overon

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 14:12:
Overon wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 13:44:
If Harvey Smith and Viktor Antonov were not involved with this game, would anyone care?

Yes, because Arx Fatalis and Dark Messiah were great games. Also because the concept sounds great.
I stand corrected. I played and finished Dark Messiah and I played the demo of Arx Fatalis, I think.

News Comments > Dishonored Revealed
3. Re: Dishonored Revealed Jul 7, 2011, 13:44 Overon

If Harvey Smith and Viktor Antonov were not involved with this game, would anyone care?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2011, 12:59 Overon

Of course ubisoft is complaining about consoles. Look at the huge difference with crysis 2 with tesselation and high resolution textures and compare to the consoles. It's like night and day difference in graphics quality. But to complain about AI? You got a PC, you aren't limited on the PC technically as much as on the consoles. But of course you are limited sale wise and their DRM is not winning them any friends on the PC side.  

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned
27. Re: No Battlefield 3 Mod Tools Planned Jul 6, 2011, 10:01 Overon

Just when you thought they were embracing the PC, they say the wrong thing.

Modding tools take away DLC selling options. Duh. Whether or not the engine and tolls are too complex or not is just the cherry on top. A thin excuse.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2011, 10:29.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
4. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Jul 1, 2011, 09:46 Overon

Game looks like it's on rails. I hope it's not.  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Patch
6. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Patch Jun 30, 2011, 23:14 Overon

16:10 is wider than 16:9 aspect ratio?  

3897 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo