Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3932 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
9. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 15:45 Overon

I'm not buying Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 unless it's on Origin.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
138. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 15:41 Overon

I don't have the game but I did play the "demo." In the "demo" the batteries did not recharge, only the first battery recharged. I thought this was a bug? Is that how it works in the retail game as well?  

News Comments > Origin EULA Amended
3. Re: Origin EULA Amended Aug 27, 2011, 15:48 Overon

Fuck EA, Battlefield, and Origin.

Kind of irrational on my part, but I'm not interested in EA, the Battlefield series, nor their Origin service. They have no behaved in ways that would allow me to not be so negative.

News Comments > GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal
3. Re: GameStop to Offer Compensation for DX:HR OnLive Coupon Removal Aug 26, 2011, 17:15 Overon

Yes take advantage and never go back there again.

I love the "Game Advisor" title, how pretentious. What is that, a glorified clerk? I don't mean the belittle clerks, but who cares how they spruce up the title if it still pays badly?

News Comments > Warhammer 40:000 Space Marine Demo
11. Re: Warhammer 40:000 Space Marine Demo Aug 24, 2011, 21:53 Overon

Vulkan wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 10:57:
I read a great article by a developer not too long ago that delved into the whole "Heroes hate helmets" thing, though I can't seem to find it anymore... Anyway, the main reason why is good ol' fashioned individuality, to make the hero stand out among all the faceless goons.

Dead Space 2 is, so far, the best example of a game getting around this popular trope with the hero's neat collapsible helmets.

Speaking of 40k in particular I recall a bit in one of the fluff pieces describing the typical suit of powered armor and how the first thing that fails on them is usually the air filtration system, forcing the wearer to remove his helmet in order to continue breathing.

In the table top game, most of the metallic officer and commander unit models don't even come with a helmet and when they do it's usually a different design than what the basic units come with, though you can take the helmet from one of the fancier plastic units that come with separate parts and use it on the metallic one. From a gameplay standpoint, it's a good idea for heroes to go without helmets so that players can easily identify where their more important units are among the gaggle of basic units, though you can get around this by painting the hero's helmet a different color scheme.

Then there's the whole Space Wolves "We don't like helmets because we can track smells better without them" deal their scouts swear by.
The heroes of the space marines have more decorated armor, that makes them stand out quite a lot since their armor. Like so:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics13/img48bc928386cb4.jpg
Notice he even has a helmet on, and it's pretty damn distinct from the rank and file space marine. Problem solved.

News Comments > GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons
56. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 21:38 Overon

Gamestop is giving PC gamers one more reason not to buy pc games from them. It's not like they have a large selection anyway, they should just give up even having a PC section. Gamestop go back to where you make the most, ripping off people who sell their used games to you.  

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
15. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 21:33 Overon

Fuck gamestop. I haven't been there in over a decade.

I still don't know how you can sell an opened box product with something missing from it at full price without notifying the customer.

19. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 15:17 Overon

Good point, I didn't realize consider is an anti-trust angle to this too.  

13. Re: GameStop Discarding Deus Ex: Human Revolution OnLive Coupons Aug 24, 2011, 14:33 Overon

I'm no lawyer and I don't know the law.
But can they open a box, remove something, and then sell it as new in the USA? Is that legal?

Even if legal, this is just scandalous.

News Comments > Eidos Montreal on Deus Ex: Human Revolution AI
19. Re: Eidos Montreal on Deus Ex: Human Revolution AI Aug 24, 2011, 14:30 Overon

The AI and the fact of the boss fights who you have to kill are the 2 biggest weaknesses in this game.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40:000 Space Marine Demo
8. Re: Warhammer 40:000 Space Marine Demo Aug 23, 2011, 23:13 Overon

Well it's gears of war without a cover system. It's got the same kind of 4 weapon selection as gears of war. Also when the game says you have to press enter, you have to press enter. You can't click on enter, even though the mouse pointer is right on the screen. Which shows me some consolitis. Of course you do have to give them props for having a 16:10 resolution and in game graphics settings and control remapping.

I really don't like the Relic take on the 40K universe. Chainswords don't start flashing like some kind of Japanese mecha anime series when they "power up" and when you enter rage mode, there is so much yellow it's hard to see anything at all. I really dislike the "powered up" effects of the weapons, it's not what 40K is universe is like, unless you are a psycher, and these Ultramarines are not psychers. At least the got the architecture pretty well from 40K but the arcade like action gameplay, is not 40k.

P.S. Put your fucking helmets on. Take them off when you have a conversation if you wish, but when you are fighting you put your fucking helmet back on. Now that would be cool. Kind of like putting on your boots and buckling your belt.

News Comments > Prey 2 Trailer
1. Re: Prey 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2011, 23:01 Overon

Seriously, you are going to be have a developer commentary on a pre-rendered cutscene? Really? Is anyone fooled by pre-rendered cutscenes masquerading as real gameplay anymore?

Show us how 95% of the game will look like.

News Comments > Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives
16. Re: Razer Declares PC Gaming Lives Aug 22, 2011, 23:13 Overon

I hope this isn't just a cynical cooption by Razer's marketing team of what PC gamers want to hear.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews
31. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Reviews Aug 22, 2011, 17:55 Overon

So the concensus seems be that the boss fights are incredibly lame and out of place forcing you to kill and the AI blows but everything else is good and it's a game worth buying.  

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo
12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 10:39 Overon

This is ubisoft, don't want.  

News Comments > From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? [Updated]
5. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 18, 2011, 22:16 Overon

Okay then I am wrong and I have edited my post to admit my wrongness and correct it.

Still I don't like Ubisoft.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2011, 08:49.

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
10. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 17, 2011, 22:32 Overon

Nucas wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 22:28:
lucifer thinks himself greater than god.
Okay, how do you know?

News Comments > Witcher 2 2.0 Next Month
1. Re: Witcher 2 2.0 Next Month Aug 17, 2011, 22:31 Overon

I want. Of course I'm using the Complete Equipment Overhaul mod and the Better Combat mod so the game is plenty hard at Hard difficulty.  

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
6. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 17, 2011, 22:22 Overon

Just answer the question. Is what EA said about removing games from steam true or not? Why beat around the bush.  

News Comments > Arkham City PC Enhancements
9. Re: Arkham City PC Enhancements Aug 16, 2011, 10:39 Overon

Yeah prove it bubs.  

3932 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo