Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3839 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Two New Space Hulk Campaigns
7. Re: Two New Space Hulk Campaigns Nov 22, 2013, 20:40 Overon

Darks wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 17:04:
Prez wrote on Nov 22, 2013, 16:14:
The reviews have been pretty poor for Space Hulk, but I've spoken to two different people who said the game is It's more a diamond in the rough than an out and out bad game from what I've heard.

Prez, I personally hate this game. The Space Marines miss shooting a target practically in their face with a flamer. I mean give me a break already. A flamer that is AOE and nukes the entire area and he misses an Alien. Thats when I just up and quit and said I had enough. There are other instance to similar to this one wit the Marines missing their target way to many times. So, I'm done with this shit title and wont spend another dime on it.
Actually it's not that the flamers miss, is that they fail to kill the enemy. Also this is a purely dice rolling game. It's contrived, this is why you miss a guy that's standing right in front of you. In the fiction the space marine terminators would wipe out a genestealer that he could see but not if there were coming at him from multiple angles he could get overwhelmed. There is no representation of this in the game. Like I said, it's contrived. With the storm bolter you roll 2d6, if any one of the dice is 6+, the genestealer dies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Two New Space Hulk Campaigns
1. Re: Two New Space Hulk Campaigns Nov 22, 2013, 13:38 Overon

Ahh as expected milk that license! Look at the reviews for this game, they are pretty bad and the game launch in beta shape. Thankfully they fixed the vast majority of technical issues. I wish these licenses to make games based on 40k were not given to the highest bidder who will turn around and to put the least amount of resources into the game and get sales off the license alone. 40k needs a big developer with lots of time and money to make it shine not the guys behind Full Control or the like.  

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2013, 21:24 Overon

Cabezone wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 17:28:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcPIu3sDkEw

The relevant part is roughly 60 seconds in.

Well then if she did give that speech before the kickstarter in which she claimed she has been playing video game since she was little, then that is deceptive and she misrepresented herself in the kickstarter. However before I go as far as that, I would love to see if she ever responded to this charge. I wonder if there is a more innocent explanation.

This comment was edited on Nov 19, 2013, 21:32.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2013, 16:02 Overon

ASeven wrote on Nov 19, 2013, 09:18:
After she was exposed as a liar who didn't play vídeo games in her youth at all, after all her vídeos were easily debunked since they are made up with pointless rhethoric, pseudo-science BS... she still goes at it. Amazing.

No doubt the usual professional victim defenders will pipe in here though.
Not trying to be a dick do you have links to the "did not play video games in her youth" I do remember she made claims she was playing video games since she was small as a street cred measure. But if that's not true what is the evidence?

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
39. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 17:37 Overon

You know, people who made this game number one make me angry. Why? Because you signal companies that you will pay for dog shit and developers/publishers will continue to release unfinished games. Nevermind the technical issues, the game has design issues that are unlikely ever to be addressed. You have an irrational confidence.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2013, 16:29 Overon

Here is what one youtuber said about this game and yet people are recommending it? You have to be a sucker to buy this game: http://youtu.be/LxUx96-6-dw
After 12 hours these are the things that annoy me most:

* No radar type display. I don't know if an enemy ship is right behind me, or way behind me. This game is set after the other X games. Why have they lost this technology? I thought that perhaps this type of scanner/radar would be an upgrade for my ship.

* No targeting commands. I have to see an enemy ship to target it. No keys to switch targeting, next target, previous target, nearest enemy, etc.

* What speed am I travelling at? I have no idea. This information isn't displayed for me as a number I could compare to other ships, missiles, drones, etc... but I can't get a readout of their speed either. Speed control seems more appropriate for a WW2 sub game. "All ahead one quarter"

* I can't glance sideways while flying. I know the character can turn right round to face internal displays, yet he can't turn his head just a tad to gain situational awareness in combat. I wasn't expecting TrackIR support, just glance left/right/up/down.

* The maps. Absolutely baffling. I have no real awareness of where I am in relation to anything else. I have no real idea of how to navigate manually from one place to another. Plot course gives me an idea, but it's terrible that I can't work that out from studying the in game maps.

* The co-pilot. What is she for other than giving hints in the campaign? All she does other than that is dock for the player. There's no proper way of the player really docking themselves.

* No autopilot. Another case of technology regressing. I could live without an actual autopilot. I'd rather give orders to my co-pilot and she could carry them out. It would give her something to do.

* The drones. These could work if done properly. The ones I've tried fly slower than my ship. It means endless flying towards their target, or flying so close first in your main ship that they become almost pointless. Also, if the player ship is attacked while controlling drones the co-pilot does nothing. And... the command to call up preferences (perhaps to double check what a keyboard shortcut is) is the same control used to leave the drone. And... you might have piloted the drone out to its maximum range... hit ESC... hit T again and it's back available for deployment in an instant.

* The pointless annoying mini game of flying round all over a space station/factory/base just to find out what all the bits are. You'd think that will all that traffic flying around, docking areas would be signposted better with navigation lights and guides.

* Guards and other NPCs inside stations and ships just standing there watching silently as you loot and pillage your way through all their boxes and lockers, stealing all their spare spacesuits. And... credit chips and valuables being stores in airducts.

* The main ship interior. This could have been done well and would have aided immersion, but it's been done badly. The graphics in the back area of the ship are horrendously low-res. Silent Hunter V is an example of a game that does this well. You can walk about freely in your uboat and it adds to the immersion. In X-Rebirth all you can do is pass through the door into a badly rendered tiny room, and all you can do there is talk to a couple of crew. You can't walk freely around the forward cockpit area.

News Comments > Thief Dropping QTEs
6. Re: Thief Dropping QTEs Nov 15, 2013, 10:07 Overon

The demo we saw was not Thief it is dishonored and assassin's creed. And this game can't be good. Thus is my prediction.  

News Comments > AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances
20. Re: AMD Beta Driver Addresses R9 290 Variances Nov 8, 2013, 18:29 Overon

noman wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:11:
InBlack wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 10:30:
How the fuck does that reduce the variance? It just increases the max fan setting. If anything it would increase the variance. And since when is 40% max??? What the fuck is wrong with 100%! Furious

Seriously, right now there is no need to buy the 290X when the 290 is as fast as it. Unless these drivers are nerfing the 290 somehow.....

The fix is not about changing the max fan limit from 40 to 47%. That particular fix was already there in 13.11 beta8 and is specific to 290 (not 290X) anyway.

The fix here is controlling the fan limits properly. They have an RPM sensor for the fan, and a PWM voltage control. The fan % setting until now was controlling PWM. The assumption was that 47% PWM voltage pulse will give you a certain amount of RPM resulting in certain noise (and cooling properties). However the electrical/mechanical properties are such that same 47% PWM may result in slightly different fan speeds on different cards, which caused temperature variance. The new driver takes the RPM sensor data and set the max PWM to be any voltage which gives 47% (or whatever you configure the max limit to) fan speed.

It makes sense, as the fan speed is what the driver is supposed to control anyway as a noise/heat tradeoff.
Well of course there will be variances because the ambient temperature is going to be different. So in the summer x amount of performance is going to cost more noise than in the winter.

News Comments > Oculus Rift 2014 Release Plans
38. Re: Oculus Rift 2014 Release Plans Nov 3, 2013, 16:14 Overon

Are they still having problems with people feeling sick or getting disoriented after using Oculus Rift?  

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
36. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 10:00 Overon

Hold on everyone. Hasn't this going online requirement to go offline been like this for years and now they are saying it's not working as intended and you shouldn't have to periodically go online so you can go offline? What?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Launch Trailer
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Launch Trailer Oct 23, 2013, 22:14 Overon

This time I won't play it like I played the first 2 trying to get all the unlockables. I will play the main storyline and I will get many of the unlockables more naturally through the course of the storyline instead of TRYING to get them.  

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
23. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 23, 2013, 21:58 Overon

I have 8 GB and I don't know why. I don't really multitask lots of apps and no game comes close to taking more than 4 GB. Maybe now we will have less loading as more RAM can be used but if we see no benefit then I will get angry, like Hulk. You don't want to see Overon angry.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer Oct 21, 2013, 18:47 Overon

I'm sure this game is going to be good like the others, however having played all the others, these animations and moves are identical to the last batman game. Besides the story and a couple of new enemies and gadgets, is there anything new? After watching this video I got a serious sense of deja vu and I'm a discerning gamer who thinks this is too similar to Arkham city.  

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
11. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 18:33 Overon

Even in the press release "apology" they are being misleading. Fuck Wild Game Studios. It's a shame that they probably have decent people working for them and the actions of a few have tainted the company. The CEO Stephane and possibly others have made a terrible mistake and bullying tactics by him deserve some sort of censure.

P.S. Look at their portfolio of games, seem like shovel-ware to me. Also filing false DMCA's is illegal.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2013, 18:40.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
19. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 18:41 Overon

People have certain expectations when they play a game. However with the mobile platform, kickstarter, early access, greenlight, there is an avalanche of crap games. It seems to me that being profitable is a lot easier and as a result there is more crap then ever out there. It's really more games = more crap games.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
32. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 17:59 Overon

I have been disappointed too many times by claims and then when reality set in the claims were not justified.

I hope for the best (not that this changes reality in anyway) but I will believe it when I see it. Right now I suspend judgement.

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
39. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 10, 2013, 17:41 Overon

Scheherazade wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 18:25:
Overon wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 17:35:
I wanted Thief style game. I did not want Thief with the Dishonored style "supernatural" powers. Dishonored was very good however. Dishonored Thief is what we are getting, sadly.

Not sure if you played the later thief games, but as the series went on there was more and more occult stuff going on.

-scheherazade
I have played all Thief games. I'm talking about the supernatural powers of Garrett.

38. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 10, 2013, 17:39 Overon

1badmf wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 18:07:
Overon wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 17:35:
I wanted Thief style game. I did not want Thief with the Dishonored style "supernatural" powers. Dishonored was very good however. Dishonored Thief is what we are getting, sadly.

where did you see supernatural powers? i didn't see any magic in this clip. a few poofy stealing effects, but nothing i would call magical. funny considering how a previous poster was complaining about how this wasnt supernatural and mystical like the original.
The black smoke and the slow motion and change in graphics filter, those are the supernatural powers. You can also view other trailers, gameplay trailers from E3 that show continuous gameplay and you shall see the supernatural powers.

17. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 17:35 Overon

News Comments > Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed
6. Re: Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed Oct 5, 2013, 13:49 Overon

I believe, on no good evidence, that they are making HL3 still.  

3839 Comments. 192 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo