Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4032 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises
2. Re: Molyneux's Godus Breaking Promises Feb 10, 2015, 21:18 Overon

Failing to deliver what was promised including stretch goals with no real consequences as a result, means that we should expect more of the same from other would be game developers in the future.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow Realms Cancelled
9. Re: Shadow Realms Cancelled Feb 9, 2015, 21:03 Overon

I see.  

News Comments > Shadow Realms Cancelled
7. Re: Shadow Realms Cancelled Feb 9, 2015, 20:20 Overon

Bioware cancels RPGs? Has bioware ever done this before publicly?  

News Comments > Universal Combat CE Free on Steam
35. Re: Universal Combat CE Free on Steam Feb 9, 2015, 17:30 Overon

Props to Derek. Anyone who releases any game free should get props. Also Derek has mellowed out over the years. So props for that as well.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys
12. Re: Ubisoft Reinstates Far Cry 4 Keys Feb 2, 2015, 21:34 Overon

CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 21:08:
eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 20:47:
CJ_Parker wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 20:30:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 2, 2015, 19:09:
Good for them. Seems like the right thing to do. You don't really expect fraud buying from EA (queue joke about EA ripoffs here).

You obviously didn't get the story. Cheapskates bought the game from cheap key portals like Kinguin and G2A. The keys that were offered there, were originally acquired via a stolen credit card from Origin. No one whose key was nuked bought the game directly from Origin. Everyone bought keys that were stolen from Origin and resold via the key traders.
As far as I am concerned, this is solely a problem of the key shops. The legality of transactions via their service is their problem since they advertise "100% safety guaranteed" (G2A) and "buyer protection" (Kinguin).
Seems pretty generous of Ubi to reinstate the stolen keys.

Except these keys were sold by ORIGIN.. a tiny detail you forgot And if a store sells keys they are legit keys, fraudulent CC should have been detected by any decent payment provider.

I didn't forget anything. If a credit card has been stolen but the owner has not noticed the theft yet, then how is Origin supposed to be able to tell that a stolen credit card is used for a transaction?
The only thing here I'd agree with is that Origin should probably have limits. I don't know how many keys were bought with any individual card in this case but there should be alarm bells going off somewhere at Origin if someone tries to buy keys in bulk.

Also, we're not talking about key "stores" here. The platforms in question (Kinguin/G2A) operate as middlemen/portals. They help sell keys from person A to person B and offer buyer protection. The keys that are sold via these portals are very often of questionable legitimacy because why would any seller be able to sell an unused key at considerable discounts? Right. In many cases the keys have simply been stolen.
These portals are effectively serving as fences on many transactions and should not be supported by any gamer with an ounce of integrity because you're supporting organized crime.
I need to have better evidence to believe that all keys that are sold at a discount are stolen.

News Comments > Sony Online Entertainment Sold
31. Re: Sony Online Entertainment Sold Feb 2, 2015, 18:50 Overon

What's going to happen to Planetside 2?  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2015, 08:42 Overon

Common tactic is to overstate how much the law is in your favor to deter people. It's a sick legal tactic but it works unless you are informed, and these companies count on you being intimidated and uninformed.  

News Comments > Left Behind Games Stock Scam
13. Re: Left Behind Games Stock Scam Jan 30, 2015, 23:56 Overon

Another example of preaching one thing and doing the opposite. Nothing says "traditional christian family values" like a little securities fraud.  

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
6. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 29, 2015, 20:14 Overon

No children? I guess there are some lines even they won't cross.  

News Comments > HATRED Preorders
1. Re: HATRED Preorders Jan 29, 2015, 18:56 Overon

I predict hatred is going to be a highly pirated game.  

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
48. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 29, 2015, 18:46 Overon

Ubisoft is creating FUD. There are plenty of business rating sites and they say Kinguin is fine.  

News Comments > Dying Light Dawns
30. Re: Dying Light Dawns Jan 27, 2015, 19:06 Overon

Techland has a long and infamous history of technical issues upon release.

They didn't optimize the PC version? Wow, how not surprising. Also it's a red flag when review copies are sent so late.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2015, 19:14.

News Comments > DOOM Mythbusters
24. Re: DOOM Mythbusters Jan 26, 2015, 18:04 Overon

Show might have jumped the shark.  

News Comments > Witcher 2 Prompting Linux Kernel Patch
8. Re: Witcher 2 Prompting Linux Kernel Patch Jan 25, 2015, 20:35 Overon

DrEvil wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 16:10:
Overon wrote on Jan 25, 2015, 13:03:
The advantages of being open source software. "Devs of game, I will patch the Kernel so you guys don't have to work around the OS." These words are probably never uttered at Microsoft or Apple.

Microsoft has extensive testing and compatibility modifications to ensure applications, such as games, do not break. So casting aspersions that direction is pretty silly as their entire business is built on the promise of compatibility.

However, I will grant you that Apple definitely hasn't proved that they care very much except for the largest vendors (Adobe, etc.).
You have taken a very uncharitable reading of what I said. I know MS test extensively but nobody at MS has ever publicly said what Torvalds said. That's what I was trying to say. I was trying to be very specific too.

News Comments > Witcher 2 Prompting Linux Kernel Patch
3. Re: Witcher 2 Prompting Linux Kernel Patch Jan 25, 2015, 13:03 Overon

The advantages of being open source software. "Devs of game, I will patch the Kernel so you guys don't have to work around the OS." These words are probably never uttered at Microsoft or Apple.  

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Jan 23, 2015, 20:59 Overon

I think there is some disillusionment with the whole crowdfunding process.  

News Comments > Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans
59. Re: Free Windows 10 Upgrade Plans Jan 22, 2015, 00:51 Overon

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:41:
I upgraded to Windows 8.1 when it came out and after a little adjustment period, I like it better than 7.

I think this is a good deal, mainly because Windows 10 will be more secure than Windows 7. If you are running 7, you should give serious consideration to the upgrade when it becomes available.
How do you figure out how secure an operating system is before it's released? The only way to know is way after it gets released. In other words looking back on it. Think about it.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
7. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 21, 2015, 21:55 Overon

I don't care about streaming xbone games to PC. I pay big money for hardware I don't want inferior xbone hardware to stream to my PC. I guess there probably are some people who do. I just don't know them.  

News Comments > Resident Evil HD Preloads
2. Re: Resident Evil HD Preloads Jan 18, 2015, 18:17 Overon

I hope it's not burdended by the scourge of consolitis.  

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
45. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 18, 2015, 13:31 Overon

They can do all those things they outlined for aidrops without requiring players pay for them. It's really simple. Just make them random. But if they do that then players won't pay. Even if they keep them paid, players are likely to pay less if the chances of not getting to the airdrop if they make it "too contested".

Everything about this game from the low polygon count models and low polygon level geometry, the jerky animations, the terribly low res textures, the lack of good anti aliasing (look at all the jaggies in the sceenshots) scream that there was a small development budget. This is one of those games where the business model is keep the development budget low and make players pay for things. Or that's the impression that I get, which of course can be wrong.

4032 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo