Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3876 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > On Steam and Direct3D
48. Re: On Steam and Direct3D Aug 3, 2011, 17:24 Overon

Anecdotes are not a reliable form of evidence.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Pre-Purchase Discounts & Bonuses
9. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Pre-Purchase Discounts & Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 18:01 Overon

Kosumo wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 17:36:
Overon wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 17:33:
Pre-ordering games is for rubes unless you played the beta and/or you know you are going to buy it anyway so you might as well get the extras.
Damnit Kosumo it is not irrational to preorder a game that you are going to buy anyway. So rather than paying full price, you might as well get a discount and extras that YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN OTHERWISE IF YOU DID NOT PREORDER.

7. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Pre-Purchase Discounts & Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 17:34 Overon

DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 17:16:
They've mentioned that there will be a closed beta and that they will be handing out keys to game sites to give away.

I'll be picking it up, just hope the player numbers don't dwindle away to nothing like they did with Homefront and Brink. I'm sure they'll take a massive hit when Battlefield 3 is released.
I don't agree about the massive hit. RO2 is about realism, Battlefield 3 is not so much. But there probably will be a hit. There is a group of people in the RO community that would not be caught dead playing the cods or battlefields of the world so you will always find games for RO2, just as now you can find games of RO1.

6. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Pre-Purchase Discounts & Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 17:33 Overon

Pre-ordering games is for rubes unless you played the beta and/or you know you are going to buy it anyway so you might as well get the extras.  

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
260. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 19:48 Overon

This thread makes me wonder: What are the top threads in Bluesnews history?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - John Carmack on Game Violence
4. Re: Quoteworthy - John Carmack on Game Violence Jul 30, 2011, 19:25 Overon

One thing that Carmack is wrong about is the cathartic effect. He's got to pick up a more recent book on violence and realize that the "steam boiler" effect he refers to when he says cathartic, is a myth that's been discredited. But that does not mean that violent video games increase violence in real life. They are simply on balance, neutral.  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Stealth Trailer
21. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Stealth Trailer Jul 29, 2011, 09:50 Overon

Jerykk wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 21:09:
Stealth was a bit too easy in the leaked press build. Enemies always appeared on your radar as long as they were within range. You didn't need line of sight or sound. Enemies also had very narrow vision cones and no vertical detection of sound.
Stealth was too easy in the press build. I went the pure stealth non lethal route and I quickly realized the detection limitations of the AI that you mentioned. I doubt they fixed this but I think the plot implications and world is intriguing.

News Comments > John Carmack Excited About Gaming and RAGE 2
27. Re: John Carmack Excited About Gaming and RAGE 2 Jul 28, 2011, 18:59 Overon

Creston wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 18:12:
Overon wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 20:26:
It's hard to discover people's motives. But some might accuse John of being "excited about gaming" as self serving hype for an about to be released game that probably has a lot of jobs and id existence riding on it.

Carmack literally has "Fuck You" money. He's rich enough to have a hobby of launching rockets into space. Somehow I doubt he's worried about Rage not selling enough and him not being able to put food on the table.

Creston
But id is not just John Carmack, there are other people there. Honestly id has been totally irrelevant for years now. They have still not been able to make a story driven FPS. And their days of success with making the engines that empowered other developers in making story driven FPS have gone down away as well. What will happen to id and all those people who don't launch rockets into space if this game does not do well?

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Reference Drivers
3. Re: NVIDIA Beta Reference Drivers Jul 28, 2011, 14:23 Overon

Not to be outdone by AMD, Nvidia releases beta drivers after AMD releases theirs yesterday.

But then again I could be wrong and I may be wrong about their motivations.

News Comments > Space Marine Release Date, Cinematic
8. Re: Space Marine Release Date, Cinematic Jul 27, 2011, 20:33 Overon

In some of the narraged videos I have seen on gametrailers, they have some marketing type spouting on about how Space Marines don't use cover. What a load of shit. This person has never read a 40K book. Space Marines in the fiction, which this game is based on, use cover and ALMOST EVERYONE OF THEM WEARS THEIR FUCKING HELMET.

Nerd-rage over.

News Comments > John Carmack Excited About Gaming and RAGE 2
11. Re: John Carmack Excited About Gaming and RAGE 2 Jul 27, 2011, 20:26 Overon

It's hard to discover people's motives. But some might accuse John of being "excited about gaming" as self serving hype for an about to be released game that probably has a lot of jobs and id existence riding on it.  

5. Re: Space Marine Release Date, Cinematic Jul 27, 2011, 16:24 Overon

venomhed wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 16:12:
So tired of Space Marines and def tired of Warhammer which is goofy at best.
Warhammer or Warhammer 40k? There is a distinction there.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2011, 20:31.

3. Re: Space Marine Release Date, Cinematic Jul 27, 2011, 15:51 Overon

I hope that the game is good on the P.C. considering it's probably going to be a straight console port.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
51. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 15:47 Overon

space captain wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 13:31:
are you saying you dont enjoy games where you get to smack a bitch? thats fuckin pussy shit.. worse even - all the bitches i know are seriously down with it

need to keep that pimp hand strong, my nigga!

betta recanize
Male chauvenism overlapping with misogeny and sexism all rolled into one. Nice. I am going to assume you were just kidding though.

P.S. I heard good thing about the leaked build, that was supposedly the best demo one could ever ask for. I will get this because of it.
But preordering is for suckers.

News Comments > Million Microsoft Points Giveaway
6. Re: Million Microsoft Points Giveaway Jul 26, 2011, 15:36 Overon

Buying an Games for Windows game on Xbox.com for 400 Microsoft Points? Not worht it.  

News Comments > DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences
19. Re: DICE on BF3 PC/Console Differences Jul 26, 2011, 15:24 Overon

Everyone should know by now that PC's are technically superior. Duh.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time
17. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Crunch Time Jul 26, 2011, 09:22 Overon

The age old Management vs Employee conflict shows its ugly head again.  

News Comments > PC From Dust Delayed
8. Re: PC From Dust Delayed Jul 25, 2011, 20:49 Overon

If all the "shruggies" (the people who are indifferent and apathetic) wouldn't purchase ubisoft games then they would remove the DRM. Trouble is that ubisoft does the math and turns out that they they win financially more with that DRM. Hence why they have it in for now.  

News Comments > Epic on Bulletstorm Sales
77. Re: Epic on Bulletstorm Sales Jul 24, 2011, 10:31 Overon

We should not be discouraging devs\publishers from making "different games." Variety is good, even if the game isn't very good, we don't need more of the same, we need variety.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Specs
1. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Specs Jul 21, 2011, 15:02 Overon

Day 1 purchase through steam for me. I played the shit out of the first one. I played mods, they continued to support the game for a long time. It's an investment kind of game. And the new one costs 40 bucks at release. Which makes the purchase a no brainer for me.

P.S. Blue, the official release date is August 30th. Not next week.

3876 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo