Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3935 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 - State of the Game; Stats Reset Plans
9. Re: Red Orchestra 2 - State of the Game; Stats Reset Plans Oct 7, 2011, 16:00 Overon

I reached 94 honor level after laying 12 hours or so. I didn't earn any unlocks, so you yeah, it was all fucked up.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Marine Exterminatus DLC This Month
3. Re: Space Marine Exterminatus DLC This Month Oct 7, 2011, 15:56 Overon

I thought they said it would be early in the month not at the end of the month!  

News Comments > More on RAGE Tweaking
1. Re: More on RAGE Tweaking Oct 5, 2011, 21:02 Overon

Yeah you can make it look pretty but ridiculously stupid game design decisions do not make a the game better than average.  

News Comments > RAGE Interview
56. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 5, 2011, 10:25 Overon

My hope in gaming journalism has been renewed. I'm glad that someone like Ben Kuchera at Ars Technica and Brian Sheffiled at Gamasutra are allowed to realistically evaluate and be be critical of a $60 high budget game from a major publisher and developer.

I think the conclusion is that id does game engines well, and they need to license this engine to other developers. The other developers will make actual story driven games with the technology that don't troll gamers as described in the Ars Technica interview.

55. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 5, 2011, 10:24 Overon

My hope in gaming journalism has been renewed. I'm glad that someone like Ben Kuchera at Ars Technica is allowed to realistically evaluate and be be critical of a $60 high budget game from a major publisher and developer.

I think the conclusion is that id does game engines well, and they need to license this engine to other developers. The other developers will make actual story driven games with the technology that don't troll gamers as described in the Ars Technica interview.

42. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 5, 2011, 07:05 Overon

Wow, now that is how you conduct an interview. You ask real meaningful questions. Typically the questions that are asked are designed to draw out standard talking points that promote the game.  

News Comments > RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers
131. Re: RAGE Reviews - PC Users Raging - ATI RAGE Drivers Oct 4, 2011, 19:10 Overon

I understand why some people are upset about the graphic quality they are getting.

The reviews virtually universally say that the ending sucks, it's a corridor shooter full of fetch quests, and the buggy combat feel tacked on. Also I read some reviews that said They also say the graphics are very nice. It seems to me from the reviews that id still cannot make a story driven shooter that is on par with current standards. And I don't see, based on the reviews, why this would be worth 60 bucks. And not having configuration controls is console amateur bullshit.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2011, 19:17.

News Comments > RAGE Tweaks
9. Re: RAGE Tweaks Oct 4, 2011, 15:06 Overon

Previous id games you could have an autoexec.cfg file with all those tweaks in it and it would be autoexecuted every game launch. Anyone try that?

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
106. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 3, 2011, 15:02 Overon

I like the PC. I prefer the PC. I don't care if John Carmack "sells out" or whatever. If a game he is involved with is good on the PC, then he wins and I win too. That's all I care about. Where are the reviews? I hope RAGE is good on the PC.

RAGE is a big test for id. They haven't released a game in a long time and this will be their first story driven game. Or at least I hope it's a story driven game.

News Comments > Diablo III Speed Hack?
47. Re: Diablo III Speed Hack? Oct 1, 2011, 15:13 Overon

Imagine the how many people in the cracking community are going to be trying to crack diablo 3 and allow people to pirate it and play it without a persistent battlenet connection.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2
7. Re: Quoteworthy - Bach on Bad Company 2 Sep 30, 2011, 07:04 Overon

If that guy only applied the same "shame" to Battlefield 3, it would be a better game.  

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
20. Re: RAGE Trailer Sep 30, 2011, 07:00 Overon

This doesn't seem worth 60 dollars and only fools preorder.  

News Comments > PC Assassin's Creed: Revelations Delayed?
2. Re: PC Assassin's Creed: Revelations Delayed? Sep 29, 2011, 21:27 Overon

It's Ubisoft? Ubisoft is the new EA. Ubisoft is current worse than EA in my eyes.  

News Comments > PC is Dead to I Am Alive
18. Re: PC is Dead to I Am Alive Sep 29, 2011, 17:36 Overon

Console players look out! It's a huge red flag when a game has such a rocky development cycle, followed a by the elimination of the PC version which may indicate that the publisher has no confidence in the product is trying to minimize its losses.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 2.0 Released
9. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Released Sep 29, 2011, 14:59 Overon

Kythlyn wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 12:41:
I don't know whether to commend them for amazing support or condemn them for releasing their games too early.
These days it pays to be a few months behind the curve of new games if you want the most painless bug free experience possible. I for one rarely buy anything when it first comes out. So many developers released games early for revenue reasons, and then patch them later.

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears
17. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 13:41 Overon

A mechwarrior game that is being released on xbox360? How sim-like can it possibly be given the limiations of the xbox360 controller and xbox360 action oriented demographic?  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans
15. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans Sep 29, 2011, 10:58 Overon

KilrathiAce wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 12:53:
Overon wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 10:13:
Fileplanet exclusive?

Overon, once the manual is finished it will be on steam of course as for the work in progress you can download it with free membership on fileplanet.
Looks like fileplanet has changed, I don't have to jump through multiple hoops anymore to download something. Good job fileplanet.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - A Game of Thrones: Genesis
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - A Game of Thrones: Genesis Sep 28, 2011, 21:11 Overon

No doubt, it's shovelware.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans
1. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans Sep 28, 2011, 10:13 Overon

Fileplanet exclusive?

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 3 Plans?
11. Re: Kane & Lynch 3 Plans? Sep 28, 2011, 09:10 Overon

I wish this franchise would just die. Shitty gameplay with shitty characters does not make a good game. But apparently it's made enough money to justify more sequels.  

3935 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo