Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3838 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo
12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Demo Aug 20, 2011, 10:39 Overon

This is ubisoft, don't want.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? [Updated]
5. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 18, 2011, 22:16 Overon

Okay then I am wrong and I have edited my post to admit my wrongness and correct it.

Still I don't like Ubisoft.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2011, 08:49.

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
10. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 17, 2011, 22:32 Overon

Nucas wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 22:28:
lucifer thinks himself greater than god.
Okay, how do you know?

News Comments > Witcher 2 2.0 Next Month
1. Re: Witcher 2 2.0 Next Month Aug 17, 2011, 22:31 Overon

I want. Of course I'm using the Complete Equipment Overhaul mod and the Better Combat mod so the game is plenty hard at Hard difficulty.  

News Comments > Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam
6. Re: Gabe Newell on EA vs. Steam Aug 17, 2011, 22:22 Overon

Just answer the question. Is what EA said about removing games from steam true or not? Why beat around the bush.  

News Comments > Arkham City PC Enhancements
9. Re: Arkham City PC Enhancements Aug 16, 2011, 10:39 Overon

Yeah prove it bubs.  

News Comments > "New and Improved" The Witcher 2 Version 2.0 Plans
8. Re: Aug 15, 2011, 20:30 Overon

It seems that with games, good things come to those who wait.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Trailer and Multiplayer Q&A
16. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Trailer and Multiplayer Q&A Aug 15, 2011, 18:08 Overon

I like this video. It shows a sense of humor. I approve.  

News Comments > Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities
14. Re: Space Marine Demo Next Week, Early Access Opportunities Aug 15, 2011, 16:07 Overon

I hope they make this game PC friendly but I doubt they will. We shall see by the demo. Props to them for even having a PC demo before release, since this is not longer standard practice.  

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Trailer and Multiplayer Q&A
13. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Trailer and Multiplayer Q&A Aug 15, 2011, 16:01 Overon

Someone told me that Origin is made up of former Alienware employees, before Dell purchased Alienware. Supposedly I heard that they can build you a cabinet with water cooled ps3 and/or 360, custome stuff like that. I haven't verified if that's true.

I have preordered RO2. I played the crap out of RO1 and Killing Floor. RO2 is a true PC game and from past experience, I trust Tripwire to give me a lot of value from their games.

I'm glad they are trying to advertise to a wider audience. That means more noobies to shoot and increase my rankings/honor level quicker

News Comments > On H+ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution
27. Re: On H+ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 15, 2011, 10:18 Overon

What if someone was cloned, the deed was done what would you do to that clone? I can understand that you would ban human cloning. I can see your reasons for it, but if it happened, the clone would be afforded the same rights as everyone else. You would simply make it a crime to do the cloning in the first place?  

News Comments > On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution
18. Re: On PC Deus Ex Human Revolution Aug 14, 2011, 19:05 Overon

These guys are saying all the right things that a desperate PC gamer like myself loves to hear.  

24. Re: On H+ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 12, 2011, 18:20 Overon

And if you change the dna sequence or add artificial new markers then i would still argue that clones should never have the same rights, or indeed any rights. Cloning an already existing human is a crime, if not by law, then against nature.
No no no. Clone should have the same rights as everyone else. They have the same thoughts and feelings as everyone else. Why would you afford them no rights or less right? Imagine a scenario when someone is a clone and is walking around. You don't know they are a clone and then you suddenly find out they are a clone, all of their rights gets stripped away?

Human cloning is a crime in some places, but it's hardly a crime again nature. Something can hardly be a crime against nature if it is found in nature mostly among single celled organisms.

I don't think it would introduce another age of slavery, not if you afforded clones the same rights as everyone else.

18. Re: On H+ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 12, 2011, 09:06 Overon

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 02:17:
...in my opinion clones are not humans...
Wait wait wait. A clone is not human? Of course they are human. Identical twins are human and a human clone would be too. Both a clone and an identical twin share the same DNA. What's the difference? I guess the only difference I can think of is that a clone does not share the identical womb environment as identical twins.

5. Re: On H+ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 11, 2011, 23:47 Overon

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 21:41:
The question transhumanism throws up though, is how long a human is considered a human.

If you replace your brain and eyes with super advanced, firewalled, networked, military grade armored hardware that is WAY beyond what the wet-ware we have now can do, then are you still human? Is a copied conscience still the "original" conscience? Or are you in essence duplicating humans and killing the original? (notice how this interlinks with cloning as well)

You are looking at it with to little farsight - it won't stop with arms and legs, it will go on with organs, after main organs it will move to skin, eyes, ears and brain. At what point is a human no longer human? Should humans be allowed to get eye replacements that have FLIR and heat vision? What about civilian IFF systems? What about digital-reality overlays?

I pre-ordered this game mainly because i too think that this is coming, it makes me all jiggly to think that Deus EX HR might even be the only real attempt to explore the depths of this topic properly outside of elitism infected science circles. And outside of maybe Ghost in the Shell.

What if in 30 years you sign a work contract that states "in the event of injury the company reserves the right to replace parts of you to keep you alive and in working condition" ? What if you come into an accident and your brain is damaged, does the company have now the right to replace your brain? (and more interestingly, who owns it?)

To be absolutely clear, i absolutely love this whole topic. I think DX HR deserves to be bought alone for even ATTEMPTING to explore transhumanism with proper depth, we'll see how that turns out soon enough. But fact is most politicians and scientists do not talk about this at all, maybe because the full tech is still a good 20 years away but in 20 years, when someone runs in the olympics who lost his legs with cybernetic legs and wins, then it'll start full force, and it'll be one hell of an interesting time.
I agree with everything you say except when you said "elitism infected science circles." I wish that this negative attitude about elitism would go away. When you go to war you want to have the most elite soldiers, the most elite equipment, the most elite leaders. When you are sick you want the most elite doctors. When you watch sports, you want to see the most elite athletes. When you are being flown you want the most elite pilots. Expertise is desirable and that's what the elite have, expertise and this is what you want as well.

1. Re: On H+ in Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 11, 2011, 21:28 Overon

Transhumanism is coming. I think we will get better at implanting machines into bodies that are equal to or better than the parts that they replace.
And there will be a range of arguments. There will be the religious people who say we are playing god and that we are defiling humanity and it's all immoral.

I say hogwash. Imagine someone gets into an accident and loses and arm or a leg. They replace those with something equal to or better. You can't begrudge someone gaining back something they lost. If it's really better, there will be people who will want to replace their normally functioning body parts with something better.

In the end I really think that people have a right to control their own bodies and modify them in anyway they see fit.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin
71. Re: Battlefield 3 Will Require Origin Aug 11, 2011, 19:33 Overon

Bah I don't even like the Battlefield series.

This comment was edited on Aug 11, 2011, 19:50.

News Comments > Space Marine Co-op Coming Post-Release
1. Re: Space Marine Co-op Coming Post-Release Aug 9, 2011, 22:04 Overon

So sad, crippling features to discourage resale.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Delayed
11. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Delayed Aug 8, 2011, 16:14 Overon

This is a PC game exclusive. This isn't a "one and done" game where the only patches you get is in the form of paid DLC. This is a franchise title that will continue ongoing support for years after release just like Killing Floor. They will add content. When you buy this game, it's an investment. I hope people understand that. They said it themselves in various interviews and forum posts.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Delayed
4. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Delayed Aug 8, 2011, 11:51 Overon

A 2 week delay is nothing. There are too many games already. I preordered the game based on the beta and the fact that I'm a huge fan of Red Orchestra, Killing Floor and Tripwire Interactive.

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 2011, 12:51.

3838 Comments. 192 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo