Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3898 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - A Game of Thrones: Genesis
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - A Game of Thrones: Genesis Sep 28, 2011, 21:11 Overon

No doubt, it's shovelware.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans
1. Re: Red Orchestra 2 Draft Manual and Other Post-Release Plans Sep 28, 2011, 10:13 Overon

Fileplanet exclusive?

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 3 Plans?
11. Re: Kane & Lynch 3 Plans? Sep 28, 2011, 09:10 Overon

I wish this franchise would just die. Shitty gameplay with shitty characters does not make a good game. But apparently it's made enough money to justify more sequels.  

News Comments > Afterfall: InSanity in November
6. Re: Afterfall: InSanity in November Sep 27, 2011, 15:09 Overon

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 11:28:
How odd, I've never heard this word. And sure enough neither have the several dictionaries I just checked.
There are new words created all the time. It's quite cool actually. Look up neologisms.
Believe it or not, but dictionaries are not 100% authorities on words, but they are still useful.

News Comments > Afterfall: InSanity in November
4. Re: Afterfall: InSanity in November Sep 27, 2011, 09:44 Overon

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 21:37:
what the hell does afterfall mean? Something lost in the translation? Anyway, doesn't look bad. Demo and some reviews required however.
Afterfall means "after the fall" otherwise known as after the apocolyptic event.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 21:15 Overon

DNForever wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 20:29:
If you disagree, give a better definition for life and for food.

What are you a fuckin teacher?
No but I play one on Bluesnews.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 18:26 Overon

Beamer wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 15:23:
Overon wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 15:04:
Beamer wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 13:24:
Most people enjoy food with a little bit of heat. The thing is, you grow accustomed to heat. It ends up being a sliding scale. What is too hot for most of you is mild to people that grew up in areas full of spicy foods.

I will say, though, that moving to the midwest has ruined spicy foods for me. My city is less than 2% asian and hispanic each. Net result: no one here has a clue how to use any kind of spice beyond dried basil. It's kind of pathetic. Everything restaurant serves bland, tasteless food. I'm not talking lack of heat, I'm talking overall lack of flavor.
God I hate living in the midwest...
I'm pretty sure that in the midwest you can buy what they have in the east, various spices.

Yes, you can buy the spices to cook for yourself.
You cannot find a restaurant that is aware of what anything is to cook for you.
I rarely have time to cook for myself and always find it far less satisfying than eating out or picking something up.
I see you got me there. Or if you go out with someone for which carrying a pocket book is not socially taboo, you can put some spices into it and when it's time to eat you take them out and sprinkle it on your food in the restaurant.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 15:04 Overon

Beamer wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 13:24:
Most people enjoy food with a little bit of heat. The thing is, you grow accustomed to heat. It ends up being a sliding scale. What is too hot for most of you is mild to people that grew up in areas full of spicy foods.

I will say, though, that moving to the midwest has ruined spicy foods for me. My city is less than 2% asian and hispanic each. Net result: no one here has a clue how to use any kind of spice beyond dried basil. It's kind of pathetic. Everything restaurant serves bland, tasteless food. I'm not talking lack of heat, I'm talking overall lack of flavor.
God I hate living in the midwest...
I'm pretty sure that in the midwest you can buy what they have in the east, various spices.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 15:02 Overon

Blue don't be afraid to describe your Battlenet disconnection experience and how you had repeat game parts in betwee the auto saves (no quicksave).

Yeah I'm bitter about this. Also I don't want you to feel that since you got the key you owe them and have to be nice.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased
10. Re: The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased Sep 26, 2011, 14:57 Overon

It's Triss not Trish, you bastard.

Also of course they are going to have the Witcher 3. It would be stupid if they did not.

News Comments > Diablo III DRM Problems
105. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 26, 2011, 09:46 Overon

There is a video on youtube of a guy playing the beta and during his wizard beta playthrough he experiences what is simply unacceptable. He loses his connection to battlenet. And all of a sudden the enemies stop moving and he can't do anything except move around and can't affect the game. Also he was in between checkpoints. So he had to replay since his last checkpoint.

This is the consequences of a lack fo quicksave and forcing you to maintain a connection to battletnet even when you are playing a single player game.

I think Blizzard can do wrong and has done wrong. They need to rethink this.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 08:41 Overon

kanniballl wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 07:50:
Overon wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 07:01:
Using chemicals is not not food? Food IS a chemical. Everything physical you see, feel, taste, hear, and smell is made up of chemicals. Life is chemistry and chemistry is all chemicals.

Yeh, ignoring the whole "life is just a series of chemical interactions" and "all food is just a mixture of chemicals"...

Where does anyone say that life is just a series of chemical interactions? Nice strawman argument that oversimplifies the complexity of the chemistry. The ability to grow, change, and reproduce, is also an essential conditions of life. And guess, what, everything in my list involves chemistry and is defined by it. You simply can't ignore this basic fact: there is no life without chemistry. This is its basic essential feature. So whatever else you add to the definition of what makes life, you can't omit chemistry.
And food is just a bunch of chemicals. But of course it's more complicated than that simple sentece. Of course we can't consume every chemcial in equal amounts, because our chemistry does not allow it. If you disagree, give a better definition for life and for food.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 07:01 Overon

Creston wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 22:38:
Overon wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 14:17:
Other than male macho posturing, I never understood why (mostly) men love to eat spicy stuff like this. The spiciness literally overwhelms every other flavor and, if it's spicy enough, even texture. It's like an analgesics that Dentist use, but instead of feeling nothing, you feel nothing else but fire.

I don't even understand why there is this market for trying to one up each other on the spiciness in various products. The basic science behind this is, the more capsaicin it has, the hotter it is. So you it's easy to one up your competition, all the way the point where your sauce is 100% capsaicin and you won, you got the hottest sauce on the planet. Not much of a challenge really. However, I don't think that's legal to sell in a food product because it can hurt people pretty bad.

You can buy bottles of capsaicin pretty easily, though they do all mention that they are a food additive, not a sauce. (ie, you add a few drops to your meal, not a squirt.)

I always get annoyed when the Man vs Food guy takes on a spicy/hot challenge where the chef just uses capsaicin. That's just cheating; it's not using food, it's basically using chemicals. He might as well use battery acid.

Creston
Using chemicals is not not food? Food IS a chemical. Everything physical you see, feel, taste, hear, and smell is made up of chemicals. Life is chemistry and chemistry is all chemicals.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2011, 14:17 Overon

Other than male macho posturing, I never understood why (mostly) men love to eat spicy stuff like this. The spiciness literally overwhelms every other flavor and, if it's spicy enough, even texture. It's like an analgesics that Dentist use, but instead of feeling nothing, you feel nothing else but fire.

I don't even understand why there is this market for trying to one up each other on the spiciness in various products. The basic science behind this is, the more capsaicin it has, the hotter it is. So you it's easy to one up your competition, all the way the point where your sauce is 100% capsaicin and you won, you got the hottest sauce on the planet. Not much of a challenge really. However, I don't think that's legal to sell in a food product because it can hurt people pretty bad.

News Comments > Steam Translations Value Estimate
7. Re: Steam Translations Value Estimate Sep 25, 2011, 14:05 Overon

You can't fault Valve for taking advantage of volunteers. However, Valve could buy one less island this year, and instead use the money to pay professionals.  

News Comments > On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles
13. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC and Boss Battles Sep 23, 2011, 15:00 Overon

Some people still don't get it. Confronting the people that killed all those employees of Sariff Industries is not the problem (the Boss fight is no the issue). The fact that you have KILL the boss is the problem. You can go throughout the entire game without killing anyone, but you have to KILL the boss. It's a terrible design decision that shows a schziphrenic design which is well explained by the fact that it was designed by another company.

Didn't it occur to anyone that the non lethal option and then only the lethal option for the boss fights, did not go well together? Poor management of the project, the two things don't fit well.

27. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 18:13 Overon

Erebus wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 18:09:
This is a tempest in a teapot. The proof is in the quality of the overall experience, which I'm guessing will be Blizzard-level all the way.

IMHO most of the best and most relevant gaming experiences today are real-time experiences that don't let you get up and take a little vacation at the door, phone, or water closet. Whether RTS, FPS, or MMO you can't just leave in the middle of a battle.

Game developers have a right to DRM, and online play and server-side components are about the only way to achieve it unless you're into dongles. We're all going to have higher quality experiences, SP and MP, when piracy is a thing of the past.
Hahahahah. I don't believe you mean anything you said.

3. Re: Diablo III DRM Problems Sep 22, 2011, 17:16 Overon

No Blizzard cannot fail, too many rabid fan boys who see Blizzard as not able to do any wrong.

I persistent online connection for a single player game and no checkpoints is ridiculous. I say no. There are too many risks of this bullshit requirement messing up your game.

News Comments > New XCOM "Adheres to the Tenets" of X-COM (By Changing Everything)
19. Re: New XCOM Sep 22, 2011, 15:35 Overon

2K Marin has showed how well they make games. Look at Bioshock 2, especially the PC version. Horrible after purchase support.

Thereis a 20 minute gameplay vdieo he gameplay is so much like Mass Effect, I thought I was seeing double.

I'm tired of the stupid cover shooters. It's so absurd to realize that aliens travel light years, invade earth, and their best weapons are stopped by a wall, box, barricade, crate, that I happen to hide behind. This has always been a terrible gameplay mechanic. The AI in that gameplay video, is like the AI of every other 3rd cover based shooter, as dumb as rocks. If I can hide behind a crate to magically stops aliens weapons, why can't they hide behind a crate that stops my weapons, just as well as I can?

I don't care about this game. It's not being designed with my tastes in mind.

News Comments > IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3
30. Re: IW Doesn't Care if Three People Play MW3 Sep 22, 2011, 00:11 Overon

Pie in the sky bullshit.  

3898 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo