Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3936 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Interview, Art
3. Re: MechWarrior Online Interview, Art Nov 9, 2011, 15:00 Overon

Please be good! Please be good! Or else your mother is freebirth.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PETA Germany Raps BF3
36. Re: PETA Germany Raps BF3 Nov 7, 2011, 21:34 Overon

All I can say is that PETA goes too far. However, there are ways to limit the suffering of animals and I would consider it ethical to do so.

With comments like that from PETA, they really give the impression of being zealots and caring more about non human animals than humans.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2011, 21:47.

News Comments > Gamer Food
22. Re: Gamer Food Nov 4, 2011, 22:08 Overon

Nobody likes a catheter in their urethra.  

News Comments > Rainbow 6 Patriots Trailer
16. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Trailer Nov 4, 2011, 22:01 Overon

Wow what a ridiculous scenario. It's like they have watched too many 24 episodes.  

News Comments > Gamer Food
12. Re: Gamer Food Nov 2, 2011, 16:06 Overon

Blackhawk wrote on Nov 2, 2011, 15:35:
Trail mix with stimulants and imaginary 'performance enhancers' that cost a fortune and do absolutely nothing, wrapped in a condescending, insulting marketing scheme.

Just what I'm looking to spend my money on.
Right on Blackhawk. I can sum up what they claim in one word: pseudoscience. The only active ingredient is caffeine.

News Comments > More on Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Woes
1. Re: More on Deus Ex: Human Revolution Boss Woes Nov 2, 2011, 16:02 Overon

Well they know exactly what they did wrong: Forced fight and no other solutions.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
12. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 11:25 Overon

Firefox takes advantage of some 3d acceleration features of grahics cards to render webagpage. Look into that and shut it down to see what happens.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues
2. Re: NVIDIA Investigating TDR Issues Oct 31, 2011, 10:38 Overon

What is the "TDR" issue? Please spell out TDR.  

News Comments > Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology
71. Re: Blizzard's BlizzCon Apology Oct 28, 2011, 20:38 Overon

The very idea of using same sex sexual orientation (that the best evidence shows is not a choice anymore than heterosexuality is a choice) as an insult is incorrect and therefore willfully ignorant.  

News Comments > BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized
169. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 22:44 Overon

Kitkoan wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 19:05:
Hellbinder wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 18:40:
Here is some hate speech for you.

The fact that peoples perverted or mentally deranged sexual state needs to be identified by them literally in front of every single thing they do is a sign in itself of the truth im stating.

whats next want to share with everyone that you are a "gay" coffee drinker? bottom line is you are sexually attracted to the same sex wich is ABNORMAL! and not something you should be proud of, ok with, or trumpet as loud as you can associating it with literally everything you do.

it is an OBVIOUS mental disorder plain and simple and its time all of society recognized that and dealt with it accordingly.

Homosexuality is found in over 400 different animal species. Homo-phobia is only found in one. Which one would you consider "natural"?
Hellbinder just got owned with the facts. But Hellbinder would never let the facts get in the way of his ignorant opinion.

85. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 15:35 Overon

Matshock wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 15:16:
Overon wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 15:02:
IT also takes no courage to express disdain for the ourage againt bigotry. At least not anonymously on the internet. We can go on like that that infinitely.

I'm not outraged. It's typical and in many settings socially accpetable to use gay slurs. This incident is just a piece of the larger problem. The point is that Blizzard gave a guy a big stage to voice his gay slurs. Slurs that I hardly think they woudld embrace publicly.

So now you're just an anonymous complainer?

How about at least taking an anonymous stand?

Again, the pot is calling the kettle black. I did take a stand. But I will elaborate. I find biggotry generally disgusting, whether it's of the form of slurs based on sexual identity, gender, ethnicity or actions.

74. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 15:08 Overon

Does every disagreement have to eventually involve Obama?  

68. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 15:02 Overon

Matshock wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 14:52:
Overon wrote on Oct 27, 2011, 14:43:
Blizzard is a huge studio with tons of fans. It does not behoove them to be associated with biggotry of any type.

You can say whatever you like, just don't expect people to keep silent when biggots say what they like. Also on a website, the website operator can remove anything he/she likes, for whatever reason period. I'm shocked that Blue does not want to be associated with biggotry. *scarcasm*

Gay biggotry is disgusting to me. All biggotry is disgusting to me. It takes no courage to be biggoted against a group with a particular characteristic.

It also takes no courage to express outrage against bigotry. At least not anonymously on the internet.
It also takes no courage to express disdain for my the "outrage" againt bigotry. At least not anonymously on the internet. We can go on like that that infinitely.

I'm not outraged. It's typical and in many settings socially accpetable to use gay slurs. This incident is just a symptom of the larger problem of prejudice and biggotry. Instead of anti gay slurs, substitute gender slurs or ethnic slurs. Then there would be even more outrage. The point is that Blizzard gave a guy a big stage to voice his gay slurs. Slurs that I hardly think they would embrace publicly.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2011, 15:07.

62. Re: BlizzCon Hate-Speech Criticized Oct 27, 2011, 14:43 Overon

Blizzard is a huge studio with tons of fans. It does not behoove them to be associated with biggotry of any type.

You can say whatever you like, just don't expect people to keep silent when biggots say what they like. Also on a website, the website operator can remove anything he/she likes, for whatever reason, period. In fact, they can be biggots themselves. I'm shocked that Blue does not want to be associated with biggotry. *sarcasm*

Gay biggotry is disgusting to me. All biggotry is disgusting to me. It takes no courage to be biggoted against a group with a particular characteristic and not only that but the reasons for this biggotry can be showed to be objectively false.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2011, 14:53.

News Comments > Quoteworthy
18. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 26, 2011, 18:10 Overon

yuastnav wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 15:33:
Overon wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 14:52:
PHJF wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 14:48:
Congratulations, eight posts and you couldn't be bothered to read any of them.
Congratulations, but I linked to a source as well.

m(

Are you seriously calling an encyclopedia a source?

Also: http://www.michigandaily.com/node/62329/talk

[...]
Even Wikipedia's founder Jimmy Wales agrees that the online encyclopedia is not a citable source. He said in a 2005 interview with Business Week that "people shouldn't be citing encyclopedias in the first place."
[...]
I cited where I got my information. That's why it's a source. It may not be the best or even a good source or an authority but it is a source of my information.

11. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 26, 2011, 14:52 Overon

PHJF wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 14:48:
Congratulations, eight posts and you couldn't be bothered to read any of them.
Congratulations, but I linked to a source as well.

9. Re: Quoteworthy Oct 26, 2011, 14:07 Overon

I wish to point out that Eskimos don't have more words for snow than we do in English:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskimo_words_for_snow

This is a common misconception.

News Comments > Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released
8. Re: Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released Oct 26, 2011, 07:16 Overon

KilrathiAce wrote on Oct 26, 2011, 02:07:
Overon wrote on Oct 25, 2011, 22:02:
I'm sure they will add terminators in DLC.

There is a nasty bug in the game that prevents you from actually joining the game, you can chat with people who are in game, but you remain in the lobby. It has happened about 6 times on 13 attempts to play for me. That's not a good number.

Wonder if bug like this would happen if this was PC only game like DoW2. My guess is it wouldnt. I will play once they address that bug.
No DJSatane, you will play it regardless of any connection bugs!

7. Re: Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released Oct 26, 2011, 07:16 Overon

Also I agree, calling it "free" DLC is disingenuous because this was originally supposed to be part of the original game.

3. Re: Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released Oct 25, 2011, 22:02 Overon

I'm sure they will add terminators in DLC.

There is a nasty bug in the game that prevents you from actually joining the game, you can chat with people who are in game, but you remain in the lobby. It has happened about 6 times on 13 attempts to play for me. That's not a good number.

3936 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo