Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3898 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released
7. Re: Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released Oct 26, 2011, 07:16 Overon

Also I agree, calling it "free" DLC is disingenuous because this was originally supposed to be part of the original game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released
3. Re: Space Marine Exterminatus DLC Released Oct 25, 2011, 22:02 Overon

I'm sure they will add terminators in DLC.

There is a nasty bug in the game that prevents you from actually joining the game, you can chat with people who are in game, but you remain in the lobby. It has happened about 6 times on 13 attempts to play for me. That's not a good number.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 24, 2011, 12:57 Overon

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 24, 2011, 11:41:
Battlefield 3 skydivers drop too fast

Nerd stuff is awesome....
Everything your enjoy in modern times is completely because of "nerd stuff."

News Comments > Diablo III Cinematic Trailer
5. Re: Diablo III Cinematic Trailer Oct 23, 2011, 22:39 Overon

There are too many prime evils and lesser evils and their dramas and rivalries.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2011, 22:47.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 21, 2011, 09:47 Overon

Does anyone not test things anymoe?
Where is the due dilligence, it's now just a sea of incompetence.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Oct 20, 2011, 15:11 Overon

InBlack wrote on Oct 20, 2011, 07:12:
I think you got it the wrong way round Overon...

Females are considered inferior to males, hence all the previous stuff you wrote...
Didn't is say females are considered inferior to males?

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Oct 20, 2011, 06:58 Overon

There is misogyny in society. A lot of it in fact. And Batman reflects that. Most developers in the industry are males and they may not even realize they are doing it. Think about how many insults involve comparisons to something that is considered female:

Bitch, throws like a girl, talks like a girl, pansy, nancy, cunt, pussy, etc.

Notice how there are very little comparisons of perceived male characteristics applied to females in insults. The net result of this imbalance is that that females are considered inferior to males.

News Comments > BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged [Updated]
3. Re: BF3 Norwegian Review Shenanigans Alleged Oct 18, 2011, 18:05 Overon

Kane and Lynch Gamespot controversy again!  

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 This Decade
15. Re: MechWarrior 5 This Decade Oct 18, 2011, 16:05 Overon

The Crysis 2 mod Mechwarrior Living Legends is playable now instead of some vaporware Mechwarrior 5 news.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2011, 20:09 Overon

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 16:04:
Overon wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 15:54:
People once again show that whatever new game comes out that has a little bit of name recognition or marketing, it will sell number 1 on steam. It's no wonder that publishers don't like to release their big games at the same time for fear of competition.

RAGE is not worth 60 bucks people! I am offended!

Of course, big name publishers release their big games at the same time pretty often, so your statement is kind of flawed there.

That said, I agree that it's not worth 60 bucks. Pick it up when it's on sale for 10.

Creston
I should have been more specific and say that developers/publishers don't like to release similar games at the same time for fear of competition especially if one is a "bigger" title than the other.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2011, 20:08 Overon

Why wouldn't the developers or publishers see money from the cdkey sites? How are these cd keys obtained? Someone had to buy them? They didn't just make them up otherwise they wouldn't work.  

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2011, 15:54 Overon

People once again show that whatever new game comes out that has a little bit of name recognition or marketing, it will sell number 1 on steam. It's no wonder that publishers don't like to release their big games at the same time for fear of competition.

RAGE is not worth 60 bucks people! I am offended!

This comment was edited on Oct 16, 2011, 16:02.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
93. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 16, 2011, 11:27 Overon

And are graphics the only way to innovate.
Graphics are the only thing the id is capable of innovating. And that is mostly on the consoles because they don't look so hot on PC's. Have you played RAGE? Take away the graphics and what do you have? A game that was obviously rushed for release, just look at the ending. It's the easiest way to tell if a game was released too early, the ending is abrupt.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming
44. Re: RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming Oct 15, 2011, 19:20 Overon

ID has given PC gamers a big middle finger with the graphical problems. But IF they fix the graphics problems with patches, how will that fix the shitty gameplay, the ending, etc?  

News Comments > Syndicate Gameplay Trailer
29. Re: Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Oct 13, 2011, 17:27 Overon

PHJF wrote on Oct 13, 2011, 12:53:
Those have all pretty much been done, except AI which lacks for obvious technological reasons. But then again if you were playing a game wherein the hundreds of enemies were as powerful/intelligent as the single player character, how the fuck would anyone beat the game?
Well I would think the answer is obvious: Not have hundreds of enemies.

7. Re: Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Oct 13, 2011, 12:32 Overon

I have some semi original ideas for first person shooters: Enemies guns hurt you just as much as your guns hurt them. AI that moves around as well as you do. A cover system that does not make you completely invulnerable while behind it. Some environmental damage in non static environments.  

3. Re: Syndicate Gameplay Trailer Oct 13, 2011, 12:11 Overon

Does any game have any original or even semi original ideas anymore?

Also I'm disturbed about the callousness of murdering non combatants.

This game looks to be Syndicate in name only.

So by getting an adrenaline boost, your guns does more damage? Make perfect sense. The AI is brain dead as usual and their guns don't do any damage. In Deus EX Human Revolution, enemy guns actually hurt.

Curving bullets? Why don't they just have the "press here to win" button? Grenade launchers in doors and explosions of those flying drones without any debris. The game looks to have every single first person shooter stereotype.

This comment was edited on Oct 13, 2011, 12:23.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Free software founder, Richard M. Stallman is glad Jobs is gone. Oct 10, 2011, 14:14 Overon

Beamer wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 13:17:
Steve Jobs once said Bill Gates would be a better person if he dropped acid and expanded his mind.

Now that's a goddamn hippie!
TRUE!

News Comments > RAGE Patched
50. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 9, 2011, 21:24 Overon

Teddy wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 20:16:
Overon wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 20:14:
You got to give props to id/bethesda for the most comprehensive changelog descriptions I have ever seen...but RAGE still sucks as a game but it does look pretty.

If by "comprehensive" you mean, "pass-the-buck" with every opportunity, then sure.
I'm not judging the content, I'm simply stating that I have not read such detailed changelog before even if it does "pass-the-buck" as you say and I can see why you say that.

News Comments > RAGE Patched
43. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 9, 2011, 20:14 Overon

You got to give props to id/bethesda for the most comprehensive changelog descriptions I have ever seen...but RAGE still sucks as a game but it does look pretty.  

3898 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo