Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3906 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia
4. Re: Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia Dec 20, 2011, 12:31 Overon

Wow so that may mean Syndicate get censored in Australia and by extension everywhere else. I hope not.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
45. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 16:39 Overon

I got portal 2 and I already bought orcs must die for 5 bucks when they had that day sale with all of it's dlc for 5 bucks.

32. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 15:45 Overon

Krovven wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 15:16:
Overon wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:57:
Krovven wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:26:
Overon wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:21:
This contest is so convoluted and it just hides the fact that your odds of winning are so low.

Uhh it's the same format as the Summer Sale. BooHoo you have a limited chance to win, nevermind that you get free stuff just for participating. Don't like it, don't participate, nobody is forcing you. Some whiners will never be happy even if handed free stuff on a silver platter.

I was trying to speak "matter of factly" and then you jumped all over me. I'm sorry. However I still stand behind what I said. The odds of winning are very low and all convoluted complexity hides that fact very well. I wish that like in lotteries, steam showed you your overall odds of winning.

Happy Xmas to you though.

Glad you are happy standing by your complaining about free stuff just for the sake of being negative. This isn't a lottery, they don't have to provide you with odds of winning, nor does it even matter in any way. 25+ million Steam accounts, between 2 and 5 million online at any given time. Do the math, there is your odds of winning. As someone said, your odds of winning are zero if you don't want to participate, nor will you get the free stuff.

Actually it is a lottery. And I don't know what the law is regarding having to be provided with odds and since they don't I'm going to assume that they don't have to. And it does matter to most rationale people when they play a game of chance what their odds are of winning. And being rationale, I want to know what the odds are.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2011, 15:51.

25. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 14:57 Overon

Krovven wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:26:
Overon wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:21:
This contest is so convoluted and it just hides the fact that your odds of winning are so low.

Uhh it's the same format as the Summer Sale. BooHoo you have a limited chance to win, nevermind that you get free stuff just for participating. Don't like it, don't participate, nobody is forcing you. Some whiners will never be happy even if handed free stuff on a silver platter.

I was trying to speak "matter of factly" and then you jumped all over me. I'm sorry. However I still stand behind what I said. The odds of winning are very low and all convoluted complexity hides that fact very well. I wish that like in lotteries, steam showed you your overall odds of winning.

Happy Xmas to you though.

10. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 14:21 Overon

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
13. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 15:39 Overon

Wow this was my major beef with skyrim. That's why I haven't played it maybe I will no longer have an excuse.  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patched
15. Re: Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patched Dec 17, 2011, 02:15 Overon

Everyone should be free to criticize whatever they like. But nobody is entitled to their own facts.  

News Comments > CD Project vs. File-Sharers Follow-up
23. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 15, 2011, 16:27 Overon

How can you be 100% sure if all you have is an IP address or the ISP account to which that IP address was linked to? And they consider that 100% certainty? No such thing as absolute certainty when it comes to identifying people on the internet. This is not opinion, it's an absolute fact. And shakedown notices are unacceptable.  

News Comments > CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers?
8. Re: CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers? Dec 14, 2011, 23:26 Overon

Say it ain't so CD Projekt. You want to fight piracy but is questionable shakedown something you want to do?  

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Announced
20. Re: PC Alan Wake Announced Dec 14, 2011, 15:12 Overon

Remedy can shove their console table scraps.

I guess that sack full of cash from Microsoft to make it an xbox 360 exclusive has expired and they can now port it to PC. I bet it will be a shitty PC port on top of this blatant attempt to generate additional revenue off an old average game.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers
16. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Drivers Dec 14, 2011, 11:37 Overon

Ask yourself, why am I playing Rage? There are other games far better that are far more deserving of my time. Let Rage go.  

News Comments > Hard Reset: Extended Edition Announced
2. Re: Hard Reset: Extended Edition Announced Dec 13, 2011, 13:53 Overon

What's extended about it? How is it different from the original?  

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Plans?
18. Re: PC Alan Wake Plans? Dec 13, 2011, 13:01 Overon

The game was hyped up, never released on pc, the hype was not justifed on on consoles (83 metacritic score), over a year later if it comes out on PC it will be good?
A cynical attempt to increase revenue. I hope they at least address the shortcomings of the console release, or maybe make the controls more PC friendly. But I doubt it.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 ARG?
22. Re: Half-Life 3 ARG? Dec 12, 2011, 13:40 Overon

Only a fool would not realize that Valve has been making Half Life 3 for a while.

When it comes out for consoles, I hope it doesn't have Skyrim's GUI.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2011, 13:46.

News Comments > Epic's Fortnite Announced
16. Re: Epic's Fortnite Announced Dec 11, 2011, 20:17 Overon

I hope this new game isn't as juvenile as bulletstorm.  

News Comments > New STO Intro Trailer
2. Re: New STO Intro Trailer Dec 10, 2011, 21:36 Overon

When MMO's go from pay play to free to play aka pay to win, it's a bad sign. It's the slide to eventual oblivion.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
6. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Dec 9, 2011, 22:30 Overon

Horrible game, almost as bad as Daikatana.  

News Comments > New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers
1. Re: New ATI Catalyst Performance Drivers Dec 1, 2011, 15:53 Overon

These beta drivers have been coming fast and furious recently. If AMD and Nvidia did this for the whole year instead of just for the holiday buying season... all nvidia and amd consumers would be so happy.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 19:02 Overon

So is this another lazy console port?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Batman: Arkham City for PC Nov 22, 2011, 14:28 Overon

Only fools or people who are very patient buy games at launch.  

3906 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo