Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3898 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights
18. Re: Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights Jan 9, 2012, 22:41 Overon

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 22:17:
Good. Interplay, take your 2 million bucks, buy a shitload of hookers and blow, then go away and die. Bye!

Creston
I would love to know what portion of that 2 million will go to attorney fees.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
115. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 13:29 Overon

I don't think Best Buy knows what Blizzard doesn't. Or maybe Blizzard isn't saying. But retailer ships dates have been wrong so often that there is no reason to believe that this ship date is correct.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2012, 13:47.

News Comments > Team 6 versus Eurogamer
5. Re: Team 6 versus Eurogamer Jan 6, 2012, 11:08 Overon

Here is a tip, don't ship a broken game that way you don't risk shitty reviews. Which version should reviewers review? The shipping version or after some patches? I say you review the game at the time you started reviewing it.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Clue?
20. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 23:41 Overon

This is a great example of pareidolia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

News Comments > GOG.com Geo-IP Changes
12. Re: GOG.com Geo-IP Changes Dec 24, 2011, 03:24 Overon

What if GOG is only using Geo-IP and not the address of the credit card?

Also another way of doing it is to make friends with people from other regions of the world, develop trust, and buy each other games and pay each other back.

News Comments > GOG.com Geo-IP Changes
4. Re: GOG.com Geo-IP Changes Dec 23, 2011, 23:02 Overon

So now I would love to know, how do you fool Geo-IP, by some kind of proxy but how would one use it?  

News Comments > EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling
2. Re: EA Won't Appeal AU Syndicate Ruling Dec 23, 2011, 23:01 Overon

The only time I agreed with EA is today. They still suck though.  

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
5. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Dec 23, 2011, 00:13 Overon

I got wars when it was dirt cheap during some steam sale. It's like they know that MWLL was released and they lowered the price. I'm sure the game will be on sale on steam soon.  

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
3. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Dec 22, 2011, 22:06 Overon

This is an awesome mod.  

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar
2. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar Dec 22, 2011, 21:10 Overon

Clearly you didn't buy those weapons, you only rented them until EA saw fit to no longer let you rent them. This is what happens when a developer/publisher has total control over game content.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 21, 2011, 15:02 Overon

Firefox versioning is the same as google's chrome. Google's chrome automatically updates itself in the background with none the wiser.  

News Comments > Skyrim LAA Patch
9. Re: Skyrim LLA Patch Dec 21, 2011, 00:36 Overon

Large Address Aware, is that necessary for a 64 bit Windows system? I mean do you need to have that on even on a 64 bit Windows system?  

News Comments > Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia
4. Re: Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia Dec 20, 2011, 12:31 Overon

Wow so that may mean Syndicate get censored in Australia and by extension everywhere else. I hope not.  

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
45. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 16:39 Overon

I got portal 2 and I already bought orcs must die for 5 bucks when they had that day sale with all of it's dlc for 5 bucks.

32. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 15:45 Overon

Krovven wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 15:16:
Overon wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:57:
Krovven wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:26:
Overon wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:21:
This contest is so convoluted and it just hides the fact that your odds of winning are so low.

Uhh it's the same format as the Summer Sale. BooHoo you have a limited chance to win, nevermind that you get free stuff just for participating. Don't like it, don't participate, nobody is forcing you. Some whiners will never be happy even if handed free stuff on a silver platter.

I was trying to speak "matter of factly" and then you jumped all over me. I'm sorry. However I still stand behind what I said. The odds of winning are very low and all convoluted complexity hides that fact very well. I wish that like in lotteries, steam showed you your overall odds of winning.

Happy Xmas to you though.

Glad you are happy standing by your complaining about free stuff just for the sake of being negative. This isn't a lottery, they don't have to provide you with odds of winning, nor does it even matter in any way. 25+ million Steam accounts, between 2 and 5 million online at any given time. Do the math, there is your odds of winning. As someone said, your odds of winning are zero if you don't want to participate, nor will you get the free stuff.

Actually it is a lottery. And I don't know what the law is regarding having to be provided with odds and since they don't I'm going to assume that they don't have to. And it does matter to most rationale people when they play a game of chance what their odds are of winning. And being rationale, I want to know what the odds are.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2011, 15:51.

25. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 14:57 Overon

Krovven wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:26:
Overon wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 14:21:
This contest is so convoluted and it just hides the fact that your odds of winning are so low.

Uhh it's the same format as the Summer Sale. BooHoo you have a limited chance to win, nevermind that you get free stuff just for participating. Don't like it, don't participate, nobody is forcing you. Some whiners will never be happy even if handed free stuff on a silver platter.

I was trying to speak "matter of factly" and then you jumped all over me. I'm sorry. However I still stand behind what I said. The odds of winning are very low and all convoluted complexity hides that fact very well. I wish that like in lotteries, steam showed you your overall odds of winning.

Happy Xmas to you though.

10. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2011, 14:21 Overon

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
13. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 15:39 Overon

Wow this was my major beef with skyrim. That's why I haven't played it maybe I will no longer have an excuse.  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patched
15. Re: Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta Patched Dec 17, 2011, 02:15 Overon

Everyone should be free to criticize whatever they like. But nobody is entitled to their own facts.  

News Comments > CD Project vs. File-Sharers Follow-up
23. Re: The Humble Indie Bundle #4 Dec 15, 2011, 16:27 Overon

How can you be 100% sure if all you have is an IP address or the ISP account to which that IP address was linked to? And they consider that 100% certainty? No such thing as absolute certainty when it comes to identifying people on the internet. This is not opinion, it's an absolute fact. And shakedown notices are unacceptable.  

3898 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo