Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3892 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > RAGE OS X Released; Windows Version Patched
12. Re: RAGE OS X Released; Windows Version Patched Feb 2, 2012, 23:52 Overon

At this point I can only conclude that they cannot fix the blurry up close textures on the PC because this megatextures concept is not able to. Please prove me wrong. Do things up close look just as bad on consoles as on PC?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2012, 15:44 Overon

DNForever wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 13:39:
Bunch of fuckin Negative Nancies. What's it to you about Groundhog Day or NYE. Either participate or we don't need your stupid analysis of why this, why that? WHY WHY WHY. Pipe down already, no one cares about your critical thinking objectivity science bullshit. Some people want to believe in crazy nonsense so just accept it.
I can't tell if this is an example of Poe's Law or not.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2012, 15:36 Overon

Cutter wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 12:05:
Jim wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 11:39:
That is the main reason why I dislike the whole notion of "groundhog day." It is just a meaningless superstition and people seem to get too caught up in it. Sure other holidays are based on superstition, but they usually have bigger components of family tradition, social gatherings, actual historical events, or other festivities. It is for a similar reasons why I never thought much about new year's day, which is just some arbitrary date when we decide to change the calendar. It has become nothing more than a justification for idiots to get drunk.

Wow, you must be a lot of fun at parties and a real hit with the ladies too!
Why do people assume that just because you have justified beliefs, based on good evidence, you are some kind pariah and people at parties don't like you and the opposite\same sex doesn't like you either? Why do you prepetuate this kind of stereotype? Why is being knowledgeable a negative. Informed is sexier than uninformed/misinformed. Personally I would love to talk to someone who has justified beliefs, I find them far more interesting, they can talk intelligently about all kinds of topics.

This comment was edited on Feb 2, 2012, 15:44.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Changes
17. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 13:41 Overon

Krovven wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 11:35:
You two are hilarious. "What about my unlocks *cry*". It's beta. Be prepared to lose everything at any moment. If you are worried about losing stuff, then don't play beta'.

Oh come on. Even though I understand what you say and agree with you (up to a point), why can't I complain about it? Would it harm you if I got what I wanted and was made happy by it instead?

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 2, 2012, 11:29 Overon

Sad thing is that there are people actually believe groundhog nonsense. What's the justification for the ground hog seeing his shadow meaning anything? What's the justification for the groundhog seeing his shadow at all? How do we know he saw his shadow? Does he know what a shadow is? Does he know it's his shadow? Why would we believe that the groundhog knows anything about weather forecasting?

I sincecrely hope most people do this for fun and I cringe at people who think that the groundhog has any forecasting ability at all. I do think those groundhogs look adorable though.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Changes
1. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 2, 2012, 11:19 Overon

So what happens to all the players that have unlocked classes and unlocked perks and abilities to classes that are going away or to classes that are being changed? I hope we don't get shafted.

I do have to say that it is a positive change.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
16. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 06:51 Overon

Shit like this is why I have no problem paying for games made by these guys without hesitation.  

News Comments > New ATI/AMD Catalyst Reference Drivers
5. Re: New ATI/AMD Catalyst Reference Drivers Jan 25, 2012, 20:52 Overon

Yay new drivers, got to compulsively upgrade!  

News Comments > Darkness II Demo
15. Re: Darkness II Demo Jan 24, 2012, 19:06 Overon

These publishers and developers learn nothing. The FOV is terrible. It's like I'm looking through a magnifying glass. When will they learn?

The demo is cheesey. Everyone is a walking cookie cutter stereotype. It's 2012, I have higher standards. This is pitiful.

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
66. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 18:03 Overon

It always amuses me how some people can't handle criticism of their game.  

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
13. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:29 Overon

Well this is going to give people who pirate another reason to rationalize their piracy.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt
22. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 17:13 Overon

CD Projekt gets mad props again. When I heard the news, I said "Say it ain't so." Now they can say it ain't so. I will be buying there next game. I'm glad they are no longer shaking down people like the recording industry of america.  

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
72. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 17:25 Overon

space captain wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 22:38:
Overon wrote on Jan 10, 2012, 22:24:
Yeah id totally fucked over the pc players. And I really don't think they care. I wish they were punished for it but I really doubt it, I'm sure the game sold far better on consoles than on PC.

you like being punished dont you
Pleasure is more pleasurable after pain just, like ice cream is more sweet after eating salt.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
12. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 10, 2012, 22:24 Overon

Yeah id totally fucked over the pc players. And I really don't think they care. I wish they were punished for it but I really doubt it, I'm sure the game sold far better on consoles than on PC.  

News Comments > Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights
18. Re: Bethesda Buys Fallout MMOG Rights Jan 9, 2012, 22:41 Overon

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 22:17:
Good. Interplay, take your 2 million bucks, buy a shitload of hookers and blow, then go away and die. Bye!

Creston
I would love to know what portion of that 2 million will go to attorney fees.

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
115. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 9, 2012, 13:29 Overon

I don't think Best Buy knows what Blizzard doesn't. Or maybe Blizzard isn't saying. But retailer ships dates have been wrong so often that there is no reason to believe that this ship date is correct.

This comment was edited on Jan 9, 2012, 13:47.

News Comments > Team 6 versus Eurogamer
5. Re: Team 6 versus Eurogamer Jan 6, 2012, 11:08 Overon

Here is a tip, don't ship a broken game that way you don't risk shitty reviews. Which version should reviewers review? The shipping version or after some patches? I say you review the game at the time you started reviewing it.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 Clue?
20. Re: Half-Life 3 Clue? Jan 5, 2012, 23:41 Overon

This is a great example of pareidolia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

News Comments > GOG.com Geo-IP Changes
12. Re: GOG.com Geo-IP Changes Dec 24, 2011, 03:24 Overon

What if GOG is only using Geo-IP and not the address of the credit card?

Also another way of doing it is to make friends with people from other regions of the world, develop trust, and buy each other games and pay each other back.

News Comments > GOG.com Geo-IP Changes
4. Re: GOG.com Geo-IP Changes Dec 23, 2011, 23:02 Overon

So now I would love to know, how do you fool Geo-IP, by some kind of proxy but how would one use it?  

3892 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo