Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3897 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
27. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 12, 2012, 17:27 Overon

I'm loving it. I started late in the beta. I don't have any experience with "pay to win" games, but if they are all like Tribes Ascend, then "pay to win" is a grossly inaccurate characterization. I paid $9.99.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
36. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 14:24 Overon

The Orcs feel "honored" that you copied their Giblet Grinder.

EA will change the designs no doubt. My dislike for EA is making me biased against them. Hard for me to be objective when speaking about EA.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Diary
16. Re: Tribes: Ascend Diary Apr 12, 2012, 07:23 Overon

Blue didn't post that they just released a patch for Tribes Ascend that has csome Hi-Rez run custom servers.
Here are the patch notes:
https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/312

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
69. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 07:11 Overon

I need to see more gameplay videos!  

News Comments > PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August
16. Re: PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August Apr 11, 2012, 17:55 Overon

So will it be out on steam?

Also any info as to what "...finely-tuned to cater to the PC gaming audience..." means exactly? Will have the ugly big scroll forever user interface of the original? Will we have higher resolution textures and anti aliasing?

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2012, 18:03.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
160. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 22:01 Overon

Seriously? Bulletstorm is not even a proper PC game. It's designed for consoles, a new franchise, and piracy was the problem? Right give us some numbers or you are just speculating on piracy. Who pirated this piece of shit game, seriously?  

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions
37. Re: Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions Apr 9, 2012, 15:34 Overon

Wow that video. What does this guy base his analysis on? It seems to me he is basing his analysis off his personal anecdotes and bias. And some of what he says can be shown to be factually wrong.

If I didn't know any better I would think this guy was some kind pundit who is trying to generate controversy for click/ratings.

I think Mass Effect 3's endings tarnish the reputation of Bioware. I think Bioware used to have an automatic "buy" for a lot of gamers based on their reputation alone. Valve and Blizzard who would delay games so that they can be sure that they are polished while Bioware can no longer do that now that EA has them in their clutches.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2012, 15:44.

News Comments > Epic Making PC Exclusive Game
13. Re: Epic Making PC Exclusive Game Apr 8, 2012, 16:38 Overon

I bet it's some casual PC game.  

News Comments > PC Dark Souls for August?
15. Re: PC Dark Souls for August? Apr 8, 2012, 09:29 Overon

Any word on how or if at all they will change the ui and the controls?  

News Comments > Fallout Free on GOG.com
1. Re: Fallout Free on GOG.com<br> The original <b>Fallout</b> is being offered on <a href= Apr 5, 2012, 20:39 Overon

Point of fact. GOG is the number 1 place for DRM-free games because I'm pretty sure that it's the only palce fore DRM-free games. If you run a race and there is no one else who is competing against you, you are always the winner.  

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Announced; Adds Co-op
20. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Announced; Adds Co-op Apr 2, 2012, 22:27 Overon

A lot of Orcs died during the making of Orcs Must Die.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Announced; Adds Co-op
14. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Announced; Adds Co-op Apr 2, 2012, 14:11 Overon

I played the shit out of the first one. It was great. I enjoyed it lots but I got it when it had a one day sale and it was worth every penny.  

News Comments > Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller
34. Re: Ubisoft: Play Assassin's Creed 3 PC With A Controller Mar 28, 2012, 13:14 Overon

What a huge red flag. I think you are stupid to be preordering this game. It's an indication about how much effort has been put into the PC version. Let the buyer beware.  

News Comments > DICE: Console Certification Holds Up PC Patches
26. Re: DICE: Console Certification Holds Up PC Patches Mar 28, 2012, 09:28 Overon

The only question I want to know is "What is preventing them from releasing PC patches whenever they want?"  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes
28. Re: Tribes Ascend Beta Adds New Map; Physics Changes Mar 21, 2012, 13:55 Overon

The most effective thing at stopping people from capping is a heavy armor with the super heavy perk all leveled up. The faster they are moving when they make contact with you, the more it hurts them.  

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
54. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 21, 2012, 13:42 Overon

OFF TOPIC!  

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
20. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 20, 2012, 22:27 Overon

You know what else has been "linked"? Eating rice has been linked to having black hair.

You know what else has been "linked"? Being a mass murder to having a mustache.

Bills like this is a consequence of the general inability to evaluate evidence.

This bill (if it passes), is going to just waste another court's time declaring it unconstitutional as soon as the software game publishers challenge it in court.

This comment was edited on Mar 20, 2012, 22:33.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month
56. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 14, 2012, 14:20 Overon

Veterator wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 08:29:
Played this game the past couple days......been in beta for awhile but I can't stand to play arena for very long so I stopped playing for a month or two.

I have two big complaints about this game that are kind of related to each other.

1) Team stacking, you'll know it's happening when it takes like 2 minutes to fill the teams on the next map. Everyone is trying to stack into one side or the other but can't until someone gives up and picks the other team. When it's bad, it COMPLETELY ruins the fun of the game. It will literally end up being like 7 minutes of flag caps, with possible base camping to boot.

2) When the teams are not well rounded (sometimes due to stacking), the whole CTF experience becomes a big mess. If all the flag runners join one side, you have no one to chase them. If no one has forcefields, it's hard to stop them. When people have the extra packs and stuff it gives them advantages you as a non-flag runner player will never match even if you are a decent player. I think this is related to stacking because it tends to be high ranked players who are runners, because flag capping gives stupid amounts of score compared to everything else.

And far below the other two 3) The classes don't seem quite balanced. Raiders have a lot of kick, and when they get mobile jammers they are better than the Sentinel jammers.

Technicians have no good ability to kill heavy classes, and their primary role is defense with their stationary turrets and repair gun (which is crazy slow considering how easy stuff blows up). And when the gen is taken out, your turrets are dead and you lose any advantage you might have had. It's quite infuriating to try to play one, because often the gens are just left dead by others even though the lack of radar, turrets, and forcefields really hampers the ability to defend the base from the run by flag guys.

And I keep reading about how people thing sentinels are really good, but their sniper rifles only does 500 damage when it's fully charged. Friggin juggernaut can kill half your team with one shell...like 1300 damage to each target. If someone plays this class I'd love to hear why it's so good, even the claymores do pretty crap damage...takes 2 or 3 of them to kill a light target usually.

The balance of the classes is OK, even tolerable when teams are pretty even on skillset. But the imbalances become really noticeable when you are doing what should be your classes primary role and someone comes in and eats your lunch for 5 minutes of the match at a time.
About the Technician role. It's quite funny really. People are complaining in the Hi-Rez forums that the Thumper armed Technician is way too powerful. I know I know, in pubs it's frustrating because some people do not play certain roles. But you really need someone on generator defense/repair role. It makes the defenders job a lot easier when they can put defensive flag turrets and the base turrets and forcefields to make the job of flag chasing easier. When I see that our generator is constantly down I switch roles and defend the generator in pubs.

55. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 14, 2012, 13:23 Overon

I'm not a fan of stacking. It's a lot more fun when it's competitive than one sided. HiRez needs to implement a random team feature. I want randomness to place me on a team if so choose to, so I'm looking for a Random button instead of picking from Blood Eagle or Diamond Sword.  

4. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 10:12 Overon

I love the beta and every patch just makes it better. However it seems they have recently enabled 16v16 whereas servers actually have 16v16 players when before they had 13v13 even max. Now there seems to be some hitching that I have not experienced before in months of playing in the closed beta and now open beta. I don't know if it's related to the 16bv16. But that's the only knock I have against it right now. Everything else is pretty fun.

Though I would love to see an option for 100 inheritence meaning that all non hitscan projectiles inherit the intertia of you the moving player so you have to make aiming adjumstement accordingly. At least give us an option for this on custom servers so people can experiment with it.

3897 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo