Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3934 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 2, 2012, 23:06 Overon

I'm sure sales tax is part of the story, it's s small part. It's mostly because Best Buy charges more for everything (even if you subtract tax) than Amazon. Boo-hoo we can't compete because of sales tax!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise
23. Re: Curt Schilling on 38 Studios' Demise Jun 22, 2012, 17:17 Overon

It's okay to receive government financial help, as long as it's for you and not someone else. Hypocrite.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
17. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 18, 2012, 11:01 Overon

Linus was voicing frustration, no doubt. However the way he did is going to be perceived as unprofessional. It will make him and GNU/Linux look bad.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
16. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jun 18, 2012, 10:55 Overon

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 03:45:
space captain wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 23:40:
i wonder why you insiders arent on the board of directors? youve got all the history and facts, dude NEEDS you!
could the neighbors hear you through the 2 meter thick concrete of your mom's basement, you sick evil fuck.
Uh what? What you just said is comnpletely unjustified. Presume much? Evil? Really? Relax.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Jun 16, 2012, 01:06 Overon

We're not talking about electro-chemical responses, but a free willed mind capable of understanding action and reaction. Ethics and morality.
Are you a mind dualist or an idealist? You think our sense of ethics and morality is independent of "electro chemicial responses?" You don't think that when you decide to help a stranger there is electrical chemical responses in your brain?

So I think your core understanding of this is all about is grounded in materialism and trapped in the same anti-human deception the world has bought into.
Why is materialism anti-human? It's a completely intellectually honest position. There is no compelling evidence for anything outside of materialism. Therefore, until there is evidence for non material anything, materialism is the reasonable position to hold. Do you understand how that works? It is reasonable to think Bigfoot does not exist UNTIL there is reasonable evidence that he does. The universe it what it is, and is not what it is not, and wishing it be another way does not make it so.

People are now composing their moral view against what animals do! LOL
Humans are animals. Our genes have been mapped, so have the genes of other animals and all life on earth is connected genetically. What other reasonable interpretation for this genetic commonality other than humans are animals? What exactly are you arguing against? Some things are in our nature, but we also have choices in matters on how we act toward each other ie ethics. Perhaps you think that only humans can act ethically or morally? If you do, you really should get acquainted with the literature on non human animal altruism. If altruism is moral, humans are not the only ones who have it!

This comment was edited on Jun 17, 2012, 21:55.

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2012, 21:37 Overon

Lukin wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 21:27:
I pretty much agree with you, but it is a website devoted to religious issues. Of, by and for Christians. So you can't be too surprised of his perspective. I clicked around on the site, this article really is quite moderate compared to what else is up there.
Agreed.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jun 15, 2012, 21:17 Overon

There's no question: we are facing a crisis. A number of men are shirking their responsibilities, finding fulfillment in trivial things, and abandoning crucial spiritual and academic pursuits.
A crisis? Really? Is this the kind of alarmist statements the authore is decrying when he goes on later in the article to say "Instead, I simply wish to provide in this article some clarity and nuance for a subject too often considered in an alarmist context, especially within the church." You contradict yourself. What is the evidence for this crysis? I think people (especially the "millenials" are abandoning religious (aka spiritual) pursuits because they realize that the spiritual isn't real. That it exists in the mind only. http://www.pewforum.org/Age/Religion-Among-the-Millennials.aspx

We Christians must be truthful about these things, but neither side right now is telling the whole story.
I love black and white binary thinking. There is only two sides to every story right? Come on, see some grey.

The guys goes on to complain about video game violence. And there is a ton of video game violence, I agree. He offers no actual evidence that video game violence is harmful other than to point to studies that link video games and violence. When he was in seminary they didn't teach him the difference between scientific research methodologies that are designed to test for causation and those designed to test for correlation. Correlation does not imply causation. Eating rice and having black hair is highly correlated. But eating rice does not cause black hair.

Also being a Christian, does he not realize that he celebrates the torture and death of a person on a Roman execution device? The very basis of the religion is violence. Has he not read his Bible? It's full of genocide and homicide. Does he not know Christian history? Lots and lots of violence. People who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones, even little pebbles as in his soft sell attempt in that article.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2012, 01:09.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Accelerate Patch This Week
9. Re: Tribes: Ascend Accelerate Patch This Week Jun 11, 2012, 18:00 Overon

I don't understand the unlocking mechanic. Do you have to pay gold or use xp to unlock all the new variants? Should I still unlock new weapons or wait for the patch?  

News Comments > Blizzard on Cheating
8. Re: Blizzard on Cheating Jun 11, 2012, 17:25 Overon

Blue had a video here of a guy interviewing a gold farming bot master. You think they will be able to do much about that now that they have so many people motivated to farm because of their real money auction house?  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease
3. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 15:25 Overon

Neuromancer cyberpunk game!  

News Comments > On Diablo III Balance Changes
96. Re: On Diablo III Balance Changes May 29, 2012, 12:55 Overon

He enjoys the game so he paid for it, but he wishes the maintenance and always online wasn't the case - not very complicated I think.
Actually how did he enjoy the game before he played it? Maybe he started enjoying the game because he did pay 60 bucks and cognitive dissonance hits and resolves by telling himself he enjoys the game. Or you can say that he thought he would likely enjoy the game so he paid for it. There is more than 1 possibility.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance May 25, 2012, 14:55 Overon

Based on what I read, I think this study shows that shooting video games make you better shooters in real life. Kind of like going into the military makes you a more efficient killer.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer May 25, 2012, 14:49 Overon

Erections lasting that long means you are on some erection medication.  

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie
5. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 14:43 Overon

I'm all over this game. I loved the first one. It was mostly a corridor shooter but given the scenario, it could not have been done any other way. It was very Half Life like in its story driven nature.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend
3. Re: Tribes Ascend Double XP Weekend May 25, 2012, 14:39 Overon

The thing I think some people have an issue with is dying, get used to it, you will do it a lot and it doesn't really matter. In fact you'll do it to yourself once you start getting good in the game.
Definately. You are too close to your enemy and then midair spinfuzor disk them (blue plate special), you hear that lovely ping sound, but if you are too close to the explosion you can suicide. But that ping sound more than makes up for it.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 GotY & Free Weekend Launch
6. Re: Red Orchestra 2 GotY & Free Weekend Launch May 25, 2012, 06:54 Overon

How is the classic mode different?  

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week
13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:07 Overon

So where is that patch that fixes the ending shit?  

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
106. Re: General complaints, longish May 21, 2012, 18:06 Overon

When you have real money in play, then you are really motivating the hackers to look for exploits to make real money.  

News Comments > ZeniMax Trademarks Dragonborn
5. Re: ZeniMax Trademarks Dragonborn May 20, 2012, 16:37 Overon

Dragonborn appears in Dungeons and Dragons. How can they trademark that?

It's like tramemarking "elf"

News Comments > Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend
76. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 16:10 Overon

1AngryGamer wrote on May 18, 2012, 15:48:
Creston wrote on May 18, 2012, 15:46:
Overon wrote on May 18, 2012, 15:23:
Will torchlight require a persistent online connection for single player and/or a login like Diablo 3?

No, it won't.

Creston

OH NO ITS SO BAD TO HAVE THAT EEEEK!!! I CANT HANDLE THE YEAR 2012!
You mad bro?

3934 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo