Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3892 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
246. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 09:06 Overon

Speculation does not equal actual knowledge. Who here actually has knowledge of what the problem with Blizzard Diablo 3 downtime was?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
88. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:51 Overon

Look, it is simply not acceptable, from my consumer perspective, to decide to implement a login system and persisent internet connection that negatively impacts MY ACCESS to a game that I paid for in single player play.

But this is a dead horse and it's done.

News Comments > PC Alan Wake’s American Nightmare This Month
9. Re: PC Alan Wake’s American Nightmare This Month May 9, 2012, 10:13 Overon

The only nightmare in this game is the gameplay. It's boring and repetitive.  

News Comments > Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc?
58. Re: Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc? May 7, 2012, 07:11 Overon

69 on metacritic with 37 critic reviews means the game is dick.  

News Comments > Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month?
1. Re: Dead Island: Game Of The Year Edition Next Month? May 4, 2012, 22:24 Overon

Game of the year? Trailer of the year that misrepresented the game, that's for sure!  

News Comments > Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs
1. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 4, 2012, 22:22 Overon

The game is terrible. 52 on metacritic for the 360 version based on 56 critic reviews. That is terrible. How likely is it that it sucks on the 360 and has no consolitis on PC? Not very bloody likely!  

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization May 4, 2012, 09:44 Overon

I would like to read the original quotes not the paraphrasing of quotes because I know how easy it is to read into something that was not actually said. I just want to address that possibilty.  

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Events
27. Re: Diablo III Launch Events Apr 26, 2012, 06:34 Overon

The most interesting thing to me will be if pirates are going to be able to get around the online DRM. I doubt they will. It would be an interesting challenge and I suspect that the only way to do it would be emulate Blizzard.net. Also because of this online DRM requirement, Blizzard has painted a big bullseye sign. There will be people who will be trying to launch denial of service attacks of some kind on Blizzard.net so that legitimate customers will not be able to play to make a point about this kind of DRM. And I'm saying now, that if people are prevented from playing because of the online requirement, there will be hell to pay and there will be a ton of vitriol thrown against Blizzard.

I guess I don't know if Blizzard.net has been attacked in the past with any success.

For those that you that may be "in the know," has Blizzard addressed concerns that are found here:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/09/22/how-diablo-iiis-drm-will-affect-you/

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 25, 2012, 09:22 Overon

Crytek has a history of misleading claims. Let the evidence speak for itself.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Specs
14. Re: Max Payne 3 Specs Apr 23, 2012, 23:05 Overon

I don't understand why these ranges of hardware requirements are being posted rather than the recommended specs.  

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
38. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 22, 2012, 21:44 Overon

Dev wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 20:19:
Overon wrote on Apr 22, 2012, 09:51:
Reading how Valve does things make me finally understand why "Valve Time" exists. I'm not knocking them though for it.

What I don't understand is why its a surprise? Why is it "finally understand?" Its exactly the stuff they've been saying for years.

I quote them from interviews, and people deny that it can be possible or insist that I must be taking it out of context, yet its right there in the employee handbook.

I've said for a while now that this organizational structure explains a lot of stuff about valve, especially puzzling stuff.
It's a surprise to me because I don't read any Valve interviews really. So I'm ignorant about what they say their work culture is like.

News Comments > Leaked Valve Employee Handbook?
33. Re: Leaked Valve Employee Handbook? Apr 22, 2012, 09:51 Overon

Reading how Valve does things make me finally understand why "Valve Time" exists. I'm not knocking them though for it.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released
28. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition Released Apr 16, 2012, 23:28 Overon

Well I love CD Projekt and Witcher series. But I also appreciate well thought out simple patching and downloading things you don't want/need is ridiculous and should be streamlined.

Aside from that I'm still feeling the love of CD Projekt and I'm basking in it.

News Comments > Valve Confirms Hardware Plans
56. Re: Valve Confirms Hardware Plans Apr 13, 2012, 17:39 Overon

If valve does this right they can make a console like PC hardware and compete with Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony. I want more competition because it's better for me and you!  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
65. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 13, 2012, 09:43 Overon

pagb wrote on Apr 13, 2012, 05:27:
Word of warning! The launcher for this thing installs a windows service that cannot be disabled if you want to play.
Services like the one you are complaining about are the way that Google Chrome, the latest Adobe Flash (soon Adobe Reader) use to silently update themselves without requiring the user to provide administrator credentials. Hi-Rez is doing what others have already done. Also that service handles some kind of authentication as well. You can probably find some more information about it on hi-rez forums.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches
27. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 12, 2012, 17:27 Overon

I'm loving it. I started late in the beta. I don't have any experience with "pay to win" games, but if they are all like Tribes Ascend, then "pay to win" is a grossly inaccurate characterization. I paid $9.99.  

News Comments > EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration?
36. Re: EA: Tanks for the Warhammer 40K Inspiration? Apr 12, 2012, 14:24 Overon

The Orcs feel "honored" that you copied their Giblet Grinder.

EA will change the designs no doubt. My dislike for EA is making me biased against them. Hard for me to be objective when speaking about EA.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Diary
16. Re: Tribes: Ascend Diary Apr 12, 2012, 07:23 Overon

Blue didn't post that they just released a patch for Tribes Ascend that has csome Hi-Rez run custom servers.
Here are the patch notes:
https://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/312

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock
69. Re: Ships Ahoy - Legend of Grimrock Apr 12, 2012, 07:11 Overon

I need to see more gameplay videos!  

News Comments > PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August
16. Re: PC Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition in August Apr 11, 2012, 17:55 Overon

So will it be out on steam?

Also any info as to what "...finely-tuned to cater to the PC gaming audience..." means exactly? Will have the ugly big scroll forever user interface of the original? Will we have higher resolution textures and anti aliasing?

This comment was edited on Apr 11, 2012, 18:03.

3892 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo