Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3890 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Nov 5, 2012, 22:31 Overon

Yes. This is like a 40 man team developing this. I wish they still had their founder's program going but they terminated it.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Longest Journey Sequel Plans
27. Re: The Longest Journey Sequel Plans Nov 2, 2012, 16:16 Overon

The Longest Journey was super memorable for a few years but I have forgotten a lot of it now. I know it felt memorable.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors
5. Re: CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors Oct 28, 2012, 19:02 Overon

It is right to love CD Projekt Red. If you do not love them, then you are wrong :p

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2012, 20:30.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Next Month
32. Re: PlanetSide 2 Next Month Oct 20, 2012, 10:46 Overon

The patching process over the months has been one where they fix certain bugs and introduce new ones which they hotfix. Right now there is some really irritating bugs like the turret secondary turrets on vechicles and fixed turrets on installations sensitivity is super high makes it really hard to aim. Also the medic healing device does not work half the time. But I'm sure that obvious bugs like these will be ironed out.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
18. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 17:57 Overon

Ray Marden wrote on Sep 29, 2012, 15:47:
I pre-ordered from GMG for $48. I have enjoyed all of Arkane's games to date, this has some decent people working on it, and looks to be blending some parts from Thief and putting gthem into a steampunk-heavy version of the Half-Life world.

Truthfully, this is the game I am most looking forward to for the rest of the year and I hope it ends up being game of the year.

Otherwise...what else is there to play? Pandas? Another MoH military shooter? Another CoD military shooter? Another pointless AC release? The Doom retread? That crappy Nintendo system tablet?
The made for 'tweens FC3?
Noting most anything else I care about is pushed to 2013,
Ray
What about Planetside 2?
Or UFO: Enemy Unknown?

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dishonored
17. Re: Gone Gold - Dishonored Sep 29, 2012, 17:53 Overon

It better not have shitty console fov!  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
3. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 29, 2012, 14:38 Overon

The demo should give you a better indication of the kinds of gameplay you have. There should be more base building ie the strategic side and less emphasis on the tactical side. This is a both a strategic and tactical game. There is the small picture as well as the big picture to the gameplay. But as someone in the comments on youtube said "Shut up and take my money." Agreed.  

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
63. Re: get the motherfuck off my fucking lawn Sep 25, 2012, 13:12 Overon

Demo was too damn short. It didn't give you a full taste of the entire game. Also the camera needs to be more intuitive and have more control. I had the demo freeze on the 2nd mission and had to ctrl alt del it. I like the graphics and the art direction.  

News Comments > On PlanetSide 2's Business Model
14. Re: On PlanetSide 2's Business Model Sep 23, 2012, 01:46 Overon

I have not played Planetside 1 before, but I paid to get into the beta (alpha squad) after seeing lots of beta footage on Youtube. I have been pleasantly shocked by how forthright the developers have been with the community on their forums.

The President of Sony Online Entertainment states on the forums:
"1)We want this to be an awesome (and balanced) game.
2) We need to make money at it."
here

A developer made a long post on the forums about "pay to win":
here

Based on their willingness to communicate so clearly, I have high confidence in their ability to deliver a game that is not pay to win.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
32. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 14:48 Overon

So it's not the whole game yet? Also how are the scripted sequences?

Mad Max RW, just admit you were wrong. Why is it hard for people to admit when they are wrong. I admit when I'm wrong and that teaches me not to pretend I'm more sure about something than I am justified to be based on the evidence.

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
30. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 07:03 Overon

Well, they certainly know what to say to please PC gamers now don't they?  

News Comments > More Chris Roberts Game Teasing
23. Re: More Chris Roberts Game Teasing Sep 11, 2012, 06:56 Overon

He will soon be asking for money on Kickstarter and I'm sure he will get it.  

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Beta Begins
6. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 10, 2012, 21:41 Overon

But you still need a pc to play right?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
21. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 08:51 Overon

nin wrote on Aug 24, 2012, 07:45:
Someone either doesn't understand PC Gamers, or didn't care. Disgraceful.

I'm pretty sure they said before it was going to be a bare bones port...

I'm sure so will the support be "bare bones" aka not at all.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
18. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 07:11 Overon

Frame rate capped at 30 fps.
On screen button labels use xbox 360 controller labels (Press a button) even if you don't have an xbox 360 controller plugged in.
Internal rendering resolution is 720P.
Games for Windows Live shit.

Someone either doesn't understand PC Gamers, or didn't care. Disgraceful.

Prediction: PC gamers are going to bitch, sales are going to be less than expected, piracy will be blamed. However judging from the low amount of resources put into the game given the issues above, maybe it will still be profitable and worth it for the developer/publisher.

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
143. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 23, 2012, 15:39 Overon

Did the Yves guy twitter or clarify about those numbers?  

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
102. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 17:18 Overon

I want to see the basis of the 93-95% piracy rate. What is his source? I want to see a robust and scientifically rigorous and methodologically sound study.

The 93-95% rate seems absurd on its face. How can a maximum of 7% pay for your stuff and you can remain in business?

News Comments > Spector Calls Out Carmack & Sweeney
25. Re: Spector Calls Out Carmack & Sweeney Aug 16, 2012, 20:12 Overon

I say that there is more emphasis on making characters look real because it's easier than make them act real which is a lot harder.  

News Comments > TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live
23. Re: TF2 Mann vs. Machine Live Aug 16, 2012, 15:46 Overon

The queue wait time estimate is rediculous. What is up with this console style "wait to play" bullshit. If I thought that was aceptable I would be playing console games with this kind of shit.

I thought the above and then I used the steam server browser. I was shocked to discover that there were MvM games I could join from it. But what was shocking is that the player count on these servers looked like 23/24 and 31/32 and I though 6 players was the max. I discovered that the rest of the players were SPECTATORS!

News Comments > More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details
7. Re: More TF2 Mann versus Machine Details Aug 15, 2012, 17:08 Overon

Flak wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 17:00:
Overon wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 15:36:
So are the upgrades persistent between gaming sessions or only during that session?

Pretty sure it's session only, can't see the point in playing a horde mode where you unlock something once and always have it moving forward, kind of takes the challenge out of playing new sessions, no?
Yes I wanted to know if it was like Killing Floor. Except when you level up it's permanent bonuses and then you have to seek higher difficulty levels where enemies move faster, do more damage, there are more of them, and there are more of the most powerful ones.

3890 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo