Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3906 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 21, 2013, 19:47 Overon

I don't see how this could be a bad game given how much I liked the first one. So I have high hopes, and I think they are justified.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailers
3. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailers Apr 20, 2013, 19:24 Overon

Seems like a cool idea. However, I would like to know how much gameplay variety there actually is. Looks unique though.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2013, 18:23 Overon

Next gen consoles will be even more PC like on the inside.  

News Comments > AMD Says No More DirectX?
5. Re: AMD Says No More DirectX? Apr 12, 2013, 21:13 Overon

Wake me up when there is more compelling evidence.  

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
28. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 12:28 Overon

What was shadowrun like without the hitpoints?  

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
10. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 10:04 Overon

So without me having to look stuff up what is the love people have for shadow run. Is it some nostalgia thing, what's so special about shadowrun?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed
23. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed Apr 9, 2013, 20:10 Overon

I suspect, based on nothing concrete, that taking the new batman out of rocksteady's hands was more to do with lowest bidder winning the development bid. Rocksteady proved they had what it took but with 2 successful batman games, they wanted some good money for the 3rd after their proven succes and instead warner brothers just sold it to someone who bid lower, and that is this unknown unproved developer called warner brothers games montreal.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked
14. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked Apr 9, 2013, 16:31 Overon

ASeven wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 10:07:
So is the game any good? Is it a standalone expansion or what?

From people playing this, they say it fixes FC3 problems and is a better game than FC3. Standalone game BTW.
What's FC3 problems are those?

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked
13. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked Apr 9, 2013, 16:30 Overon

The security of ubiplay's content does not inspire confidence in the security of end user payment information nor their privacy.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
58. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 10:44 Overon

Well then you have a difficult task to discover what you don't understand. If I was you I would take it tiny pieces at a time.  

53. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 09:04 Overon

Don't get me started on the 19th century physics that you learn in school in the USA...

May I suggest a Coursera course on quantum physics. I have not taken it but there are people on forums there that could help you answer your questions.
https://www.coursera.org/course/eqp

Also I find the dummies books are awesome introducing basic information:
http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Physics-Dummies-Steven-Holzner/dp/0470381884

50. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 08:43 Overon

That's the problem, you have to ask the philosophers of science to see if it qualifies as science. Problem is that you have to be able to distinguish ideas that can be tested, even in principle only, from ones that cannot be tested even in principle. I think few would disagree that ideas that cannot even be tested in principle are science. At best I would call the ideas speculative and interesting mathematically but they got to come up with some predictions the ideas make and see if those predictions can be tested.  

45. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 08:14 Overon

eRe4s3r for you: http://youtu.be/2rqd8Oa-sA4

It's done for a layman audience.

42. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2013, 08:04 Overon

mag wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 23:05:
Overon wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 21:59:
*Minor spoiler* The gist of the plot is what is called "the many world interpretation of quantum mechanics." It's not exactly fantasy rubbish. Additionally there is meaning in almost everything in the game which supports the plot and this is what sets it apart from other games.

The MWI is totally fantasy rubbish. It doesn't deserve to be taught as physics.
Currently it occupies a weird space in science because it has not been tested and may not even be testable in principal . It's an interesting possibility, an idea, where the math can work somewhat, that's the way I understand it.

32. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 21:59 Overon

*Minor spoiler* The gist of the plot is what is called "the many world interpretation of quantum mechanics." It's not exactly fantasy rubbish. Additionally there is meaning in almost everything in the game which supports the plot and this is what sets it apart from other games.  

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 17:17 Overon

For me bioshock infinite plot is a masterpiece of writing. Everything in the game is so chalk full of meaning which the designers actually intended and you don't have to read into it to discover it.  

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Apr 4, 2013, 15:16 Overon

Problem with tomb raider is that the plot does not mesh well with a gameplay. Laura does not want to kill a deer for food, has a problem with violence against humans, and the next scene she's doing brutal executions as if it's gear of war. Makes no sense.  

News Comments > Resident Evil 6 PC Specs
13. Re: Resident Evil 6 PC Specs Apr 3, 2013, 17:29 Overon

Better be good.  

News Comments > Zeno Clash 2 This Month; Preorders
1. Re: Zeno Clash 2 This Month; Preorders Apr 1, 2013, 20:09 Overon

Is it april fools?  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns
20. Re: MechWarrior Online Payment Concerns Mar 31, 2013, 10:39 Overon

Unfortunately there is another controversy with the game. For the first time they have implemented a coolant feature (for those of you don't know, the reason you can't keep constantly shooting your weapons is because the generate heat, and heat will shut your mech down or cause it to take damage) that requires you to pay money for. Now there are other coolants that you do not have to pay money to buy. However the most effective coolant has to be bought with real money, there is no way to get it without paying real money.

This has people screaming "pay to win" and this is by definition pay to win when the best stuff can only be acquired with real money. There is only one item in the game so far, and hopefully they will reverse that decision and make it purchasable without using real money.

Community Representatives look out for the interests of the developer and publisher, first and foremost and player interests second. When those are at odds, it's clear whose interest they Community Representatives are going advocate.

I think they need to step back and reassess the whole "Merc Corps" fee.

3906 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo