Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3897 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
18. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 22:28 Overon

I await the community to give us Ranger mode hack and fov hack.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
12. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 21:52 Overon

Was the 360 their target platform so no need for gui FOV settings and gui auto aim settings? Or just laziness? As long as you can turn off autoaim via configuration files, but the FOV, that's just unacceptable.

The ranger mode is bullshit. I have read reviews that say that game is too easy and they have reviewed it under the default difficulty. I bet the community will figure out how to hack the FOV, how to enable ranger mode in no preorders, if they don't then the crackers will at least figure out the ranger mode.

News Comments > On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution
14. Re: On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution May 12, 2013, 14:09 Overon

Jerykk wrote on May 12, 2013, 06:45:
Overon wrote on May 11, 2013, 23:03:
Help me understand the cover shooter. Help me. Right now in real life combat zones, things like walls provide little protection against ballistic weapons. Yet in games like Mass Effect where they accelerate projectiles to super high speeds, stone, brick, and concrete stops them in their tracks. How can the futuristic weapons be so inferior to today's weapons when it comes to ballistic cover. Same goes for these cover shooters like this new Xcom game. To me this contradiction is so glaring that it makes it really difficult to play these games because I just keep thinking "this is stupid" constantly.

There are cover shooters with destructible cover or projectiles that can go through cover. Inversion or Binary Domain, for example. However, you act like invincible cover is limited to third-person shooters. It isn't. Most first-person shooters have invincible cover too. If you don't like unrealistically durable cover, you must not like Half-Life, Duke Nukem, Doom, Wolfenstein, NOLF, System Shock, Bioshock, Far Cry, Crysis, Quake, UT, etc. By that token, you must think Red Faction is the greatest shooter ever made because most of the cover in that series is destructible.
Good points. You are right, my position is not logically consistent.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2013, 14:08 Overon

Preorder Metro and you get ranger mode? Really so no ranger mode for anyone who does not preorder? You got to be shitting me.  

News Comments > On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution
8. Re: On The XCOM Shooter's Evolution May 11, 2013, 23:03 Overon

Help me understand the cover shooter. Help me. Right now in real life combat zones, things like walls provide little protection against ballistic weapons. Yet in games like Mass Effect where they accelerate projectiles to super high speeds, stone, brick, and concrete stops them in their tracks. How can the futuristic weapons be so inferior to today's weapons when it comes to ballistic cover. Same goes for these cover shooters like this new Xcom game. To me this contradiction is so glaring that it makes it really difficult to play these games because I just keep thinking "this is stupid" constantly.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 1, 2013, 22:10 Overon

They want to stream their own content. They also are nervous that netflix wants to create their own content, thereby competing with them.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Zeno Clash II Apr 30, 2013, 22:37 Overon

The game is very much like the first one except with a more open world feel. You really should read up on the plot of the first game and go through the tutorial/prologue in order to understand wtf is going on.  

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 21:58 Overon

Heretic, you will burn!

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 28, 2013, 18:36 Overon

why isn't Zenoclash 2 on the list? Come on people, pay for original unique games.

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
18. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 08:45 Overon

Reform looking glass studios and give it to them to do it. Problem solved  

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
17. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 08:35 Overon

No no no they have to spend money to infect it with consolitis, that's the goal. It has to appeal to the modern gamer who likes action heavy violence.  

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
5. Re: Saturday Interviews Apr 21, 2013, 19:47 Overon

I don't see how this could be a bad game given how much I liked the first one. So I have high hopes, and I think they are justified.  

News Comments > Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailers
3. Re: Sir, You Are Being Hunted Trailers Apr 20, 2013, 19:24 Overon

Seems like a cool idea. However, I would like to know how much gameplay variety there actually is. Looks unique though.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 16, 2013, 18:23 Overon

Next gen consoles will be even more PC like on the inside.  

News Comments > AMD Says No More DirectX?
5. Re: AMD Says No More DirectX? Apr 12, 2013, 21:13 Overon

Wake me up when there is more compelling evidence.  

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
28. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 12:28 Overon

What was shadowrun like without the hitpoints?  

News Comments > Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June
10. Re: Steam and DRM-Free Shadowrun Returns in June Apr 10, 2013, 10:04 Overon

So without me having to look stuff up what is the love people have for shadow run. Is it some nostalgia thing, what's so special about shadowrun?  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed
23. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Revealed Apr 9, 2013, 20:10 Overon

I suspect, based on nothing concrete, that taking the new batman out of rocksteady's hands was more to do with lowest bidder winning the development bid. Rocksteady proved they had what it took but with 2 successful batman games, they wanted some good money for the 3rd after their proven succes and instead warner brothers just sold it to someone who bid lower, and that is this unknown unproved developer called warner brothers games montreal.  

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked
14. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked Apr 9, 2013, 16:31 Overon

ASeven wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 10:49:
InBlack wrote on Apr 9, 2013, 10:07:
So is the game any good? Is it a standalone expansion or what?

From people playing this, they say it fixes FC3 problems and is a better game than FC3. Standalone game BTW.
What's FC3 problems are those?

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked
13. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Footage Leaked Apr 9, 2013, 16:30 Overon

The security of ubiplay's content does not inspire confidence in the security of end user payment information nor their privacy.  

3897 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo