Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3936 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Broadcasting Beta
6. Re: Steam Broadcasting Beta Dec 2, 2014, 19:10 Overon

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 17:57:
Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 17:49:
How does it stack up to twitch?

Give us some time sparky.
I need my answers NOW!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Broadcasting Beta
2. Re: Steam Broadcasting Beta Dec 2, 2014, 17:49 Overon

Does it hurt fps? Bandwidth? How badly? How does it stack up to twitch?  

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Nov 30, 2014, 15:12 Overon

My problem with 30 fps locking on PC is that it's just a lazy lowest common denominator decision that forces parity amongst consoles and PC's. The current consoles most certainly are not on the same level as even mid range PC's. Give us an option to unlock the 30 fps lock and I wouldn't complain so much. Screen tearing and judder doesn't bother me much and I will take that over 30 fps lock any day.

30 fps locking on PC has many befits for developers/publishers:
1) Multi-platform releases have parity so that anyone platform is not much better than another and the same price can be charged and justified.
2) Shortens development time when you have to do less development for the PC version which means less money expanded for development.

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2014, 16:33.

News Comments > Defense Grid 2 Demo
1. Re: Defense Grid 2 Demo Nov 30, 2014, 14:57 Overon

I hate the mouse controls move the entire screen instead of moving the cursor, was this done for consoles or something? The graphics are low resolution. I gave it an honest shot. The best part of it is the AI banter.  

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon
6. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000 Armageddon Nov 26, 2014, 19:14 Overon

Looks like a spreadsheet game and a cardboard cut out game.  

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details
7. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 18:30 Overon

Alamar wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 17:41:
Overon wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 16:57:
I anticipate this will be heavily pirated and this piracy will be easily rationalized by the people who pirate it.

As opposed to all the other piracy?
Even more easily rationalized given that there are people who feel like the PC version's graphics were lowered to keep parity with the consoles, and now they are putting back the graphics that should have been, and asking people to pay extra.

News Comments > Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details
5. Re: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin Announced; PC Upgrade Details Nov 26, 2014, 16:57 Overon

I anticipate this will be heavily pirated and this piracy will be easily rationalized by the people who pirate it.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2014, 17:10.

News Comments > Free Torchlight
1. Re: Free Torchlight Nov 26, 2014, 16:56 Overon

Another download client trying to get you to download it.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 25, 2014, 17:37 Overon

I had no idea Matrox was still around making graphics cards.  

News Comments > The Crew Reviews Delay
22. Re: The Crew Reviews Delay Nov 25, 2014, 16:10 Overon

A red flag signifying another probable turd from ubisoft  

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
23. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 08:42 Overon

Ubisoft needs Steam more than Steam needs Ubisoft.  

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
87. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 21:53 Overon

Fuck Ubisoft. That's my bottom line. If you care you may ask "why the vitriol Overon?" Well the most recent example is the total bullshit that Ubisoft developers are slinging about how 30 fps being more "cinematic" than 60+ fps and is therefore superior and what gamers want. All the evidence for the last 20+ years of PC gaming shows that to be false. They are insulting your and my intelligence. Not only that but saying that is totally self serving. Ubisoft appears to want framerate performance parity across all consoles and PC, even though the PS4 and especially the PC can do a whole lot better than Xbox One. But parity means that the lowest common denominator is what the PC gets. They are pedaling 30 fps on lower than 1080p resolutions and calling it progress. That's just the latest example.
This video sums up some past examples:
fuck ubisoft

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2014, 22:17.

News Comments > The Talos Principle Tech Demo
2. Re: The Talos Principle Tech Demo Nov 6, 2014, 19:29 Overon

I tried it. There is a lot of Jewish mythology. With Elohim (one of the names for God in the Jewish Torah and Christian Old Testament) saying he created you from dust. Weird, if you go to third person you look like some kind robot. There is also Christian imagery. Is this going to have other religious mythology in it? The videos seem to indicate Hellenistic mythology as well. It's an interesting puzzle game. I would put it on par with the Portal series.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
45. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 19:35 Overon

I remember playing on "0 g" servers in quakeworld. I expect more from a game that sells $100+ ships and has gotten over $59 million in crowdfunding. Also those stage demos and the dress up that Chris Roberts likes too do looks too be emulating a cult leader. And I only say cult leader half jokingly.  

News Comments > Evolve Big Alpha Underway
17. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 18:51 Overon

siapnar wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 18:43:
$69.99 for this game seems pretty fucking loopy
That is a crazy price.

15. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 18:30 Overon

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 18:02:
SimplyMonk wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:48:
Overon wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:19:
You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat.

Does what your monster eat actually matter? I was hunting for details about that on the Wiki and all I found mention of was that you choose abilities to unlock as your monster levels up and different creatures were just worth different amounts of monster XP.

Haven't had a chance to play a monster yet. Maybe later tonight.

Some of the tougher creatures can drop power ups that you can use.
I thought those power-ups were only for hunters.

13. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 17:44 Overon

SimplyMonk wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:48:
Overon wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:19:
You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat.

Does what your monster eat actually matter? I was hunting for details about that on the Wiki and all I found mention of was that you choose abilities to unlock as your monster levels up and different creatures were just worth different amounts of monster XP.

Haven't had a chance to play a monster yet. Maybe later tonight.
Only in the sense of different creatures different amounts of XP. It would be better if the type of creatures you ate had an effect, like xenomorphs in the alien series. Their hosts DNA has effect on their form and behavior and abilities. But sadly that does not seem it's going to be the case for Evolve.

10. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 16:19 Overon

Disagree with yoaur reasoning but not your conclusion. You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat. Of course it takes place on a tiny timescale so Embiggen is not bad.

Also the "monster" in this game are the hunters. They are the aggressors. Why can't they just leave the creature alone? The creature is the victim here. The creature is just defending itself against their unprovoked aggression.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 23, 2014, 17:50 Overon

Once again excellent use of the license. Another piece of shovelware from a shovelware developer. Yes I'm bitter.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2014, 17:55.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
47. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 18:58 Overon

This is different. This is the mortal kombat and the soldier of fortune of the 2010's. Long black hair, trenchcoat, probably listens to metal as well. Talks like Elliot Rodger.  

3936 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo