Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3839 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused
20. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 17:37 Overon

The more painful to EA and their customers, the more likely a lesson will be learned. PC gamers stop buying online DRM schemes for single player games. Vote with your wallets.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Zeno Clash 2 Trailer
4. Re: Zeno Clash 2 Trailer Mar 6, 2013, 19:38 Overon

Loved the fucked up setting of the first game. Going to love the setting in this one.  

News Comments > Dead Space 4 Cancelled?
69. Re: Dead Space 4 Cancelled? Mar 5, 2013, 17:12 Overon

Other than the coop, Dead Space 3 is largely same as Dead Space 1 and Dead Space 2. I played all three.  

News Comments > Lord British's Countdown
7. Re: Lord British's Countdown Mar 2, 2013, 16:48 Overon

Lord british counts down to a bowel movement...  

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots
28. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots Mar 1, 2013, 18:01 Overon

So far the best thing is Roach is finally in a Witcher game.  

News Comments > PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs
27. Re: PC Lead Platform for Watch_Dogs Feb 27, 2013, 17:22 Overon

Is PS4 now more PC than Xbox 360 is?  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 17:36 Overon

Lesson here is beware of tech demos. They can easily mislead. Based on the article it looks to me that they had cut back graphics because of console ps3 limitations. I wonder if the game would have looked better if they didn't "lower common denominator" the game.  

News Comments > Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO
13. Re: Ziff Davis Closing 1UP, GameSpy, and UGO Feb 21, 2013, 17:52 Overon

End of an era for sure. I feel bad for everyone losing their jobs.  

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
2. Re: Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition Feb 14, 2013, 20:41 Overon

I don't know the skiing feels allright to me, granted I played Tribes 2 and Tribes Ascend.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
117. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 20:42 Overon

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 20:16:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf5Uj4XIT1Y
So people made this a top selling preordered game on steam? This is a major reason why they keep making them because people keep buying this shit.

Also beware of the review embargo that is lifted when the game ships but not before.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
113. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 19:32 Overon

Just another example "game" riding the coattails of a beloved movie franchise resulting in a blatant cash grab. As long as people keep buying this shit, they will keep making it. Gearbox, TimeGate Studios, and Sega, you are all disgraceful. It's embarrassing. Don't buy it!

I especially enjoy the interview videos of Randy Pitchford from Gearbox saying how "they are not settling" and are not "milking a franchise." You are a fucking liar Randy Pitchford. Fuck you. I'm I angry? Yes, I liked the Aliens franchise and it's been fucked again. Randy Pitchford you are a hack.
References: http://youtu.be/ck836MIeYwo

News Comments > New Arkham Game Revealed
10. Re: New Arkham Game Revealed Feb 12, 2013, 17:39 Overon

I liked the first 2 but but the 2nd was using the same formula where you had a bigger world. I something new and different in the 3rd not a bigger world than the 2nd.  

News Comments > Tomb Raider Trailer
7. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 11, 2013, 22:38 Overon

How much damage can a person suffer. It seems to me like the devs like inflict as much trauma as possible.  

News Comments > Evening Q&As
9. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 29, 2013, 06:59 Overon

I'm trying to be a charitable as possible in reading this interview. But I think it would have been better for him, not to say anything at all.

Bottom line: I don't think he understands the PC gaming market's expectation, but the worst of it is, I don't think he really cares much. Maybe he will learn something from the non lunatic and rational comments, the few and far between, I hope.

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
49. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 17:41 Overon

I can sum up this story: PC console port. Business as usual.  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers
6. Re: New AMD/ATI Reference Drivers Jan 18, 2013, 18:25 Overon

I read the article on Techreport talking about a new approach in measuring performance in addition to the the average fps, minimum fps, maximum fps approaches.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Double XP Weekend
7. Re: MechWarrior Online Double XP Weekend Jan 16, 2013, 07:15 Overon

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 21:51:

Planetside 2 is mostly meh at this point. For a game that's supposed to be about a large scale war there isn't much point in trying to "win" (by having your faction controlling everywhere on the map except the other's jumpgates) because the lion's share of the xp is earned in heated battles. It kind of makes the whole thing feel pointless. It also takes an insane amount of grind to get to the good upgrades.
I agree with you about Planetside 2. I joined an outfit (a group of players) and there isn't much an incentive to win other than to maximize certs and personal stats. It felt less pointless when I joined an outfit though. But still I think that's the biggest draw back. Though the fun can come from working as a team to accomplish some objective like defense of something or capture of something.

The most overused term in the game is "farming" which so many outfits seem to be the main thing they want to do. It consists of defending some terrain like a bio lab against enemy attempts at capture and gaining certs really quickly as they hurl themselves against your defenses. Outfits go out of their way to set up these "farms" by intentionally letting the enemy create spawn points that you don't even try to eliminate, in order to encourage the enemy to spawn and be killed, racking up the cert points. In fact outfits will give up defending one area, to defend a much more farmable area. I think there has to be some extra metagame introduced into planetside 2, otherwise people like me will lose their motivation because in the end it seems so pointless. Maybe increasing the benefits of capturing continents would help in this. Right now the benefits of capturing whole continents are small. I wonder if planetside 1 did anything more than this?

Planetside 2 does suffer from very long grinding required to get the clearly better upgrades. However largly speaking, there are few upgrades that are better. Many upgrades are better because you start with x capabilities and unused slots and later you get something that gives you x+1 capability and fills up an empty slot. But after a certain point, most of the stuff are sidegrades and not really upgrades once your empty slots are filled.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Double XP Weekend
6. Re: MechWarrior Online Double XP Weekend Jan 16, 2013, 07:03 Overon

It's good. However the biggest knock against is that the devs, lately, have largely focused on adding new content, new mechs, and meaningless cosmetic content, etc instead of focusing on polishing netcode which has some issues with hit detection and rubberbanding and fixing bugs. Now I understand why that may be, new mechs and new customizing content is how revenue is generated and they need revenue to keep working.

The good news is that they already said they plan on improving netcode by the end of the month. Ideally I wish they would focus on annoying bugs that have been there forever like light mechs getting their legs hurts by traversing slightly uneven terrain at high speeds. They have already said that this is not intentional and it's a bug.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDP Reveal Next Month?
63. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDP Reveal Next Month? Jan 15, 2013, 16:38 Overon

I love these who ripped off who battles. The young'un don't do any research on google to find out about the genre and how it was created, all they remember what happened during their lifetime, during their gaming years. The veterans come in (and people who know how to search for information) to set them straight.

Here I can search the web for you guys who cannot or are too lazy to:
http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/147816/cyberpunk

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs
1. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:10 Overon

I game where 4 GB of RAM is recommended as well as a quad core processor? Do my eyes and brain deceive me?  

3839 Comments. 192 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo