Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3994 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Next Month
14. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Next Month Feb 22, 2010, 16:23 Overon

Am I the one who has to say it? Where is the patch that implements proper widescreen support? They are already talking DLC and yet they still don't even have a patch that fixes thi problem. Nevermind the problem that the last patch created in their own words:
Unfortunately, this patch is causing errors in the Multiplayer portion of the game where holding down the mouse button does not register in game.

Update from cult of rapture:
Our next BioShock 2 PC Patch is due out tomorrow. You'll be able to download the patch starting at 2 AM PST on Tuesday, February 23rd. This patch is small because we focused on getting it out quickly to fix a couple high priority issues the community had, rather than roll them in to a larger patch that would take longer to reach you. We are working on a larger, more extensive patch now and as testing nears finalization I'll update you on that patch's download date.
Bioshock 2 Patch List
- Fixed an issue where 16:9 resolutions were letterboxed versions of 4:3 resolutions, thereby properly fixing the FOV and expanding the horizontal player view as intended.
- Fixed an issue where holding the M1 button would not register in Multiplayer gameplay
Okay they are mostly off the hook.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 and Gold Edition Preorders
10. Re: Silent Hunter 5 and Gold Edition Preorders Feb 22, 2010, 16:17 Overon

UBISoft's suicidal DRM means no buy from me.  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Interview
14. Re: Ubisoft DRM Interview Feb 21, 2010, 14:59 Overon

What Ubisoft doesn't seem to understand is that their games are not that good. They don't have the clout to pull something off without a massive backlash. Blizzard and maybe Valve could do it, because they have the clout and their games are consistently good. But not Ubisoft.

Their DRM servers are going to be DDoS attacked. I doubt Ubisoft will have the bandwidth to deal with a DDos attack.

All the places in the world where they have metered internet access are not going to be fan of being online for a single player game.

Right now Ubisoft is relying on end user ignorance. The masses don't know about this DRM scheme, they are not informed but they will quickly learn when it goes bad and they can't play.

News Comments > More on Ubisoft DRM
29. Re: More on Ubisoft DRM Feb 21, 2010, 00:14 Overon

So they have different implementations of this DRM scheme. In Assassin's creed it kicks you out. In Settlers 7 it pauses the game? How is different experiences for the same DRM scheme good for anyone? I can't think of a more recent development, not even the lack of dedicated servers for PC call of duty modern warfare 2, that is more anti consumer than this DRM scheme.  

News Comments > AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds
6. Re: AvP DirectX 11 Workarounds Feb 21, 2010, 00:05 Overon

The game isn't very good anyway. But it's nice to see that the bare minimum of testing was not even done.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Feb 20, 2010, 13:50 Overon

The cult of rapture needs to stop posting other than to announce a proper pc patch that fixes widescreen on pc.  

News Comments > On Ubisoft's Online DRM
33. Re: On Ubisoft's Online DRM Feb 17, 2010, 23:40 Overon

I find it hard to believe that the FINAL implementation of that DRM scheme would really work like the pc gamer blog describes.  

News Comments > BioWare: The Old Republic is KOTOR 3-8
4. Re: BioWare: The Old Republic is KOTOR 3-8 Feb 16, 2010, 19:40 Overon

Oh please he pulled that answer out of his ass. Probably got flustered that the questions wasn't focusing on their current project, a little upset, so he said what he said.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs Predator, Dedicated Server Plans
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens vs Predator, Dedicated Server Plans Feb 16, 2010, 19:00 Overon

Shipping a game for PC that is a MP fps without dedicated server support will be okay for console people who dont know any better, but it's inexcusable for old school PC fans. Peer to peer networking in a MP fps terrible. We are devolving.  

News Comments > New FRAPS
3. Re: New FRAPS Feb 15, 2010, 18:05 Overon

Is there a free alternative to fraps that is as good at or better?  

News Comments > Windows Phone 7 Xbox LIVE Integration
11. Re: Windows Phone 7 Xbox LIVE Integration Feb 15, 2010, 18:04 Overon

Gimmick.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patched
48. Re: BioShock 2 Patched Feb 15, 2010, 13:17 Overon

A patch released for a GFWL game that breaks stuff like mouse controls admitted to by 2k. What's going on, I thought these patches has to be tested and approved by MS.  

43. Re: BioShock 2 Patched Feb 13, 2010, 11:54 Overon

Would you kindly release a patch 2K, that gives us proper widescreen support and improves mouse responsiveness.

It's worth a try.

23. Re: BioShock 2 Patched Feb 13, 2010, 01:14 Overon

I have a good explanation why there are these bugs and the widescreen support problem: They rushed the game out, it was fast tracked for release with insufficient testing on the PC. They didn't want to release PC after consoles so they released consoles and PC together.

Are there are any facts that would contradict my explanation? 2K Elizabeth said that the widescreen bug appeared because of a last minute change just before release. I don't know how the game got past GFWL testing. I thought that there were some standards that must be adhered to. Don't code patches have to go through GFWL testing before approval is given for release?

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2010, 01:30.

News Comments > No PC Alan Wake
46. Re: No PC Alan Wake Feb 12, 2010, 14:22 Overon

Has anyone seen the gameplay videos and the previews, they show a lackluster "survival horror game," it's not a big loss I think.  

News Comments > PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues
54. Re: PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues Feb 10, 2010, 22:44 Overon

I just don't understand how they could F up 2x in a row!
They made a post that I linked to in my last post kind of explaining what happened. I will give them a benefit of the doubt and my anger has be lessened by their explanation of what happened.

42. Re: PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues Feb 10, 2010, 16:08 Overon

Well I have lessened my resentment toward 2k now because of this post:
http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/article/widescreenannouncement
They admit they made a mistake and they show you exactly what the consequences of that mistake are and how they intend to fix it. I say that all games should just let people adjust the fov to whatever they want especially in single player games and set any resolution they want. Quake 2 has let us do and every FPS on PC should too.

Still this is distressing that a patch wasn't available on release day to address this, how could they not have known this was a problem? But I'm glad a patch is coming.

40. Re: PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues Feb 10, 2010, 16:01 Overon

Overon: is it a universal problem, or are only some people having the issue right now?
I don't know if it's universal. Remember that some people might not think of it as a problem and complain about it even though they experience it. They just deal with it and a nuisance but don't say anything.

29. Re: PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues Feb 10, 2010, 14:57 Overon

I guess I should count myself fortunate, I am having NONE of the issues being described here. Controls seem solid, no aspect ratio weirdness, game runs very smoothly for me.
Maybe you don't understand the issues. On the windows desktop when I move my mouse it responds quickly. When I am on the Bioshock 2 title screen and options, the mouse movement does not respond the same as in the desktop. The mouse has a slight delay when I move, when I stop moving it, it continues to move. We are talking about tenths of a second delays but they are definately noticeable. That's why it it can be described as sluggish and not responsive.
In game, my mouse movement is way too fast, even on the 1 setting in the menus. I supposed if I set my mouse speed lower on the deksotp, it should maybe translate into game, but I'm not sure. I would rather slow down the mouse movement in game and not touch my desktop mouse speed. My mouse acceleration is off in game and I have vsynch turned off in game.

About the widescreen. You are just misinformed. If you have a widescreen 16:10 monitor (you would if you are playing at 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 reolution) the game cuts off some the area. If you just educate yourself by looking at the screenshots compareing 4:3 resolutions to 16:10 resolutions you would see the problem.

The frames per second are high for me so I see the game as smooth as well, but as I said before the mouse movement is too fast.

See here to inform yourself:
http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=18374

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2010, 16:03.

23. Re: PC BioShock 2 Widescreen & Gamepad Issues Feb 10, 2010, 14:11 Overon

The decision was made early on not to support controllers at all in order to ensure that we got the mouse and keyboard control absolutely right.
That's that Elizabeth woman speaking above. I love the irony of her post. Mouse cursor movement around the titlescreen of the game and the menus is laggy. Once in game, turning off the mouse acceleration and setting mouse speed to 1, the mouse is still too fast. People suggest editing an ini file to lower the mouse speed even more. How exactly does that qualify as "...ensure that we got the mouse and keyboard control absolutely right."
They didn't take the time to implement mouse support correctly and they repeated the same widescreen mistake they made with bioshock 1. It does not bode well for their competence.

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2010, 14:20.

3994 Comments. 200 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo