Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3965 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > AvP Demo Patched
10. Re: hmmm.... Feb 5, 2010, 13:46 Overon

They need to release a patch that does not hide the fact one player has a 0 ping since he/she is hosting the match. The demo doesn't even give you console style cell phone bars as a measure of ping. It does away with it completely. This why you don't know how good your ping is to the peer to peer host.

Also the mic situation is out of control, in a pc game they need to implement PUSH TO TALK. I can hear everything people say because they don't turn off their mic. This isn't xbox 360. But there is more, in the demo you can't mute people.

PC: ping NUMBERS in milliseconds. Too complicated numbers are hard. Consoles cell phone bars with color as a ping represenation. Too complicated for AVP demo. Need to hide the fact that's it peer to peer multiplayer in the demo. Do away with any ping indicator at all.

This comment was edited on Feb 5, 2010, 13:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Teasing "Big Announcement"
4. Re: Ubisoft Teasing Feb 5, 2010, 13:42 Overon

Big announcement:
Ubisoft going out of business sale. Everything must go: carpeting, furniture, coke machine, you name it's going.

News Comments > System Shock Modification
17. Re: System Shock Modification Feb 5, 2010, 10:05 Overon

Thief.  

News Comments > System Shock Modification
5. Re: System Shock Modification Feb 4, 2010, 22:00 Overon

I was late on the system shock train. I played system shock 2 initially and then I stopped because the respawning enemies were way too frequent and hurt my enjoyment of the game. Then a patch came out that virtually eliminated the respawning and I played system shock 2 again and finished it. I loved the ending which leaves System Shock 3 just asking to be made. I never played System Shock 1.

EA supposedly has the rights to the System Shock franchise. IF they ever create a system shock 3 it will be a console centered game I speculate. System Shock and System Shock 2 were 100% PC centered game and a breath of fresh air when they were released. There was nothing like them.

Shodan continues to be the best female antagonist in any game ever made:
"Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"

When I hear audio of the above quote, it sends a chill up my spine. Few games have had such physical reaction as System Shock and System Shock 2.

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea Server Merges
1. Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea Server Merges Feb 4, 2010, 21:09 Overon

And hence another step closer to dumping the game.  

News Comments > The Grinder to PCs
3. Re: The Grinder to PCs Feb 4, 2010, 21:08 Overon

Looks like low polygon graphics. But maybe that atmosphere is there. I wish they showed continuous game footage. Anyone can make a game look good with quick cuts.  

News Comments > The Grinder to PCs
2. Re: The Grinder to PCs Feb 4, 2010, 21:06 Overon

You are a poet.  

News Comments > AvP Demo Released Early
53. Re: well.... Feb 4, 2010, 20:41 Overon

So if you get the "host has left" message doesn't that mean it's peer to peer? If you get that message, does the game even transition to a new host or does the game end?

I have vsynch off and the mouse controls still feel laggy. My riva tuner based fps display shows good fps so it's not my fps.

News Comments > THQ on Warhammer 40K MMOG
26. Re: Star Trek Online End of Beta Event Feb 4, 2010, 18:33 Overon

They need to have heavy use of the fiction. The fiction is too interesting to just use it as windows dressing.  

News Comments > THQ on Warhammer 40K MMOG
20. Re: THQ on Warhammer 40K MMOG Feb 4, 2010, 15:36 Overon

I have never played an massively multiplayer online rpg in my life. I have seen them played. It's the only MMORPG I would even try. I hope they would offer a trial of it.

Can someone let me know how trials for MMORPG's work, do you still have to purchase the game? Or can you just download the client and play for a period of time?

9. Re: AvP Demo Released Early Feb 3, 2010, 22:32 Overon

I get no firewall popup when I search even though I expect it to come but it does not. I still can't find any games.

I turned off my firewall completely, still cant find any games.

I'm giving up for today.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 22:38.

6. Re: AvP Demo Released Early Feb 3, 2010, 21:45 Overon

This is dedicated servers right? So where is the server browser? There is no server browser. You can only play quickmatch in the demo but there are no games to be found. It says it's searching...

Why do these games insist on the bullshit console style lobby system? I want to choose the server I want to join, don't pick one out for me.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 21:50.

News Comments > Cryptic Working on Star Trek Online Capacity
23. Re: Cryptic Working on Star Trek Online Capacity Feb 3, 2010, 19:42 Overon

Mead wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 19:28:
Overon wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 18:22:
Mead wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 18:07:
EQ is still paying for itself after all these years, and it wasn't even playable for three weeks.
Nice false analogy there. WOW and the other current popular MMO's weren't competing with everquest three weeks into its launch back on March 1999 like they are with star trek online.
From the singular perspective that I explicitly mentioned (the post is still there if you care to actually read all of it someday), it is a perfectly valid analogy. Rocky launches don't have much to do with game quality in the long run, nor are they reliable indicators of impending total failure.
I read all of your post the first time. It's not a valid analogy because there is competition in the MMO market that did not exist to the extent it does now back in 1999. Your analogy would have been better had you used a more modern MMO that launched amongst stiffer competition.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 19:42.

News Comments > Cryptic Working on Star Trek Online Capacity
16. Re: Cryptic Working on Star Trek Online Capacity Feb 3, 2010, 18:22 Overon

Mead wrote on Feb 3, 2010, 18:07:
EQ is still paying for itself after all these years, and it wasn't even playable for three weeks.
Nice false analogy there. WOW and the other current popular MMO's weren't competing with everquest three weeks into its launch back on March 1999 like they are with star trek online.
This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 18:23.

News Comments > DRM Discussion
31. Re: DRM Discussion Feb 3, 2010, 16:17 Overon

Another DRM debate. They really generate lots of hits on this site. Let me say I hate DRM. I don't like dealing with it, it's an inconvenience to me that I don't appreciate. However saying DRM does not work, is fallacious. Everyone who makes that argument is making a fallacious argument, a false dichotomy. You are arguing that there are 2 options, either DRM protects content 100% of the time or 0% of the time. You are assuming that if DRM is not 100%, it does not work. You ignore everything in between 0% and 100%. Consider that a reason why DRM is around is because it definately stops SOME copying.

I just wanted to make that point. But I still hate DRM.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 16:21.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
23. Re: Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Feb 3, 2010, 08:32 Overon

Check out the 2 reviews on gamerankings of the game. They say it's it's actually pretty bug free in their experience and it's definately the most polished at shipping stalker game to date.

This comment was edited on Feb 3, 2010, 08:37.

News Comments > Aliens vs. Predator Demo This Week, New Trailers
2. Re: Aliens vs. Predator Demo This Week, New Trailers Feb 2, 2010, 21:34 Overon

There was supposed to be no demo for PC I thought.
Well that's good news, that we shall finally see the proof in the pudding. I like pudding and I like proof.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Midnight Madness
25. Re: Star Trek Online Midnight Madness Feb 1, 2010, 18:44 Overon

I predict star wars galaxies and the matrix's fate for this.  

News Comments > Stop Asking for BFBC2 Prone
42. Re: Stop Asking for BFBC2 Prone Feb 1, 2010, 16:15 Overon

Verno wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 10:46:
The game is built around mobility and taking points so I don't see prone as hugely necessary personally.
The other side of that coin is that the game is about defending points, and defending points makes prone more important.

News Comments > Star Trek Online Midnight Madness
10. Re: Star Trek Online Midnight Madness Feb 1, 2010, 16:11 Overon

I think this game is madness to pay for, but of course that's just my uninformed opinion. At least it's not a strong uninformed opinion.  

3965 Comments. 199 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo