Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4057 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2 Release Date Announcement Tomorrow
1. Re: Kane & Lynch 2 Release Date Announcement Tomorrow Mar 16, 2010, 17:21 Overon

"The first game sucked!" ass as the kids would say. It takes more than profanity and violence to make a game good. Right?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 15:19 Overon

Some of comments I have read here are just lazy. Quick time events, no healthbar, and linearity are not sufficient for me to conclude consolitis. The save system is a sticking point for me if true. However, I need more information. I have seen one review comparing it to the linearity of Half Life 2. Nothing wrong with the linearity of Half Life 2. Same review said it was like the closest thing to Half Life 2 on consoles. Not bad comparisons. I will reserve judgement and wait for further reviews, hopefully from the PC player persepctive.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2010, 15:26.

News Comments > Metro 2033 Launch Begins
3. Re: Metro 2033 Launch Begins Mar 15, 2010, 22:39 Overon

I have only seen one review 9/10 link me to others.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments
11. Re: NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments Mar 12, 2010, 23:02 Overon

From Wikipedia:
PhysX is a proprietary realtime physics engine middleware SDK...
So I think a truer statement would be that to game developers the use of Physx comes at no licensing cost. Not proprietary there. To non nvidia graphics card manufacturers, it cannot be used in their graphics card/drivers. This makes it proprietary. To the end user, you can't take advantage of it you don't have an nvidia card. That's proprietary.

I'm glad that's cleared up.

10. Re: NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments Mar 12, 2010, 22:59 Overon

Nvidia is a better card anyway and ATI is just pissed because they didnít acquire PhysX first.
Wow way to generalize. Remember kids, when someone makes a general statement like this about anything, you can be sure of one thing: it is not true, the reality is much less black and white.

6. Re: NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments Mar 12, 2010, 22:49 Overon

Is the word "proprietary" now have a different meaning? Can NVIDIA allow AMD/ATI to support PhysX in their driver at no licensing cost? No? Then it's proprietary. Does Nvidia allow the use Physx for developers at no charge? They are saying yes. Can someone clear this up once and for all?  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed
33. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed Mar 12, 2010, 20:14 Overon

If it's not PC only then it won't be Deus Ex in anything but name. I'm afraid we will get another Invisible War.  

News Comments > On BioShock 2 DLC's Tiny Download
19. Re: On BioShock 2 DLC's Tiny Download Mar 12, 2010, 19:52 Overon

What's the functional difference between developing a game and then locking some content everyone has installed. At a later point requiring money to unlock it and developing a game and then taking out content so that everyone does not have it installed, and then requiring money to download the additional content?

P.S. I'm reading that same thread about 16:10 stretched hud elements, no visible helmet HUD elements in full screen mode and I still don't see any mention of anyone saying anything official from 2K other than they are working on patches for all 3 systems.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed
8. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed Mar 12, 2010, 11:34 Overon

PC only?  

News Comments > More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming
4. Re: More Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Capacity Coming Mar 11, 2010, 23:12 Overon

EA Dice strikes again.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Mar 11, 2010, 15:49 Overon

Yeah Kilrathi, be more specific next time.

But Kilrathi is right, at the time of development of DOW2, steamwork's matchmaking was not available.

News Comments > InstantAction Plans Revealed
5. Re: InstantAction Plans Revealed Mar 11, 2010, 14:01 Overon

Obviously someone very technicaly knowledgeable wrote that press release.  

News Comments > EA Server Outage
3. Re: EA Server Outage Mar 10, 2010, 20:47 Overon

What is going on? Is this going to be the equivalent of the BF2 Red Name Tag bug that just cannot be fixed?  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Open Beta Begins
12. Re: R.U.S.E. Open Beta Begins Mar 10, 2010, 19:39 Overon

Maybe Valve is doing them a favor by not mentioning the Ubisoft DRM. Maybe it's not 100% oficial news and that's why it's not on steam yet. But I read all Ubisoft games are going to contain this DRM.  

News Comments > OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games
48. Re: OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games Mar 10, 2010, 19:33 Overon

you mean like an MMO? like everquest was? 12 years ago?
MMO is one set of games, every other game and MMO's can be on OnLive. 100% of gaming software as a service.

News Comments > Silent Hunter 5 CE German Recall
5. Re: Silent Hunter 5 CE German Recall Mar 10, 2010, 18:59 Overon

They should recall it everywhere because it is buggy as shit, and it still contains bugs that were never fixed in silent hunter 3.

P.S. What's with the red asterisk next to to posts?

35. Re: OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games Mar 10, 2010, 17:49 Overon

It is the software companies wet dream, software as a service. This is it.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Chaos Rises in AU, Free New Content Released
8. Re: Dawn of War II Chaos Rises in AU, Free New Content Released Mar 10, 2010, 17:47 Overon

* Stance Toggle option has been added for switching between ranged and melee unit behaviour in all game modes
This is pretty big, one of the major criticism about the loss of control in dawn of war 2 compared to dawn of war 1.
New target priority system implemented so that idle units prefer attacking enemies they specialize against
Also huge change makes units less stupid actually prioritizing amongst multiple targets.

Both these changes are hugely welcome. Maybe some of the non base building haters will come back to DOW2, those that loved DOW1 but were upset about problems that those 2 updates are designed to fix.

This comment was edited on Mar 10, 2010, 17:59.

11. Re: OnLive Launches in June: Monthly Fee Doesn't Include Games Mar 10, 2010, 15:44 Overon

I will not be an early adopter. However we shall see soon enough how well this actually works.  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Open Beta Begins
5. Re: R.U.S.E. Open Beta Begins Mar 9, 2010, 22:37 Overon

I played the beta, it's cool and there are links to a tutorial video and all kinds of useful information, even a manual that is linked to from the game's interface. If you are dedicated you can really learn a lot about the beta before you even play your first game. They have this nifty video when you first run the game from the head guys at the development studio talking about the game. They have something very interesting with the ruses, it really opens up some really cool strategies that didn't exist in other RTS games. I thought it would be gimmicky but it is not.

But it's all for naught for me since I won't be buying any Ubisoft games with their new DRM. Shame that this developer signed on with Ubisoft, I'm sure they have little control over the DRM in their game.

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 2010, 22:44.

4057 Comments. 203 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo