Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4020 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Designer Departs
3. Re: CD Projekt RED Designer Departs Mar 7, 2010, 15:54 Overon

I hope it doesn't affect the Witcher 2. They need to Polish that sucker before it ships. Pun intended.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Making and Unmaking of Infinity Ward
2. Re: The Making and Unmaking of Infinity Ward Mar 7, 2010, 15:53 Overon

The plot thickens.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Update Details
13. Re: Dawn of War II Update Details Mar 6, 2010, 18:29 Overon

Yes it's true, Relic has patch testing issues in DOW2 and in COH.  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Public Beta Preloads
8. Re: R.U.S.E. Public Beta Preloads Mar 6, 2010, 13:41 Overon

Why don't the system requirements list "persistent connection to the internet" since this is a Ubisoft title and it's going to use their "stay connected to internet or your progress will be lost DRM scheme"?

Maybe because this is over steam then they think that you are connected to the Internet so they don't say you have to be?

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Next Week
9. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Next Week Mar 5, 2010, 18:38 Overon

I have a widescreen monitor as well though and don't see any distortion when set to the proper resolution in game, and the silly widescreen issue with the Bioshocks never has bothered me.]
If you are running in using a 16:10 aspect ratio then you have distortion.

News Comments > Gold - Metro 2033
11. Re: Gold - Metro 2033 Mar 5, 2010, 15:57 Overon

My only question is how is the PC version different from the console 360 version?  

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Next Week
4. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Next Week Mar 5, 2010, 15:14 Overon

Here they are announcing new DLC and yet there is a list of problems.
Let me list the things that are wrong on the PC with this game even after installing the 2nd patch:

1) The mouse movement on the the titlescreen and in game menus is laggy and uresponsive. Even if you turn off vsynch. People have edited ini files to improve this.

2) In game configuration menu for mouse speed has the lowest setting of 1. In the configuration file, settings it to 1 in game sets speed=2000.0. That is way way way too fast. You have to edit the ini file directly to set lower speeds that are actually suited for a mouse.

3) If you use a 16:10 aspect ratio in fullscreen, the diving helmet edges disappear, they are cutoff. 16:10 is by far the most common aspect ratio of PC widescreen monitors. If you are in windowed mode in 16:10, the diving helmet can be seen and is no longer cut off.

4) If you use a 16:10 aspect ratio in fullscreen, the ingame HUD is stretched: circles become ovals, and squares become rectangles. If you are in windowed mode, the destortion is still there: circles become ovals and squares become rectangles.

5) The FOV (field of view) is much too low for the distance that PC gamers sit away from the monitor. Everthing you see feels like it's zoomed in much too close to you.

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Demo
36. Re: Just Cause 2 Demo Mar 4, 2010, 21:56 Overon

Waah waaah. Get with the fucking times. DX10 is 3 years old.
You are a mean one Mr. Grinch.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Screenshots
4. Re: Crysis 2 Screenshots Mar 4, 2010, 19:36 Overon

Bah I think the screenshots are doctored.  

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Demo
27. Re: Just Cause 2 Demo Mar 4, 2010, 18:21 Overon

I have the new steam beta client and it's not downloading for me. Oh I know why. It requires DX 10 and I don't have Vista or Windows 7. Oh well. I will move on.

This comment was edited on Mar 4, 2010, 18:32.

News Comments > Ex-Infinity Ward Bosses Sue
34. Re: Ex-Infinity Ward Bosses Sue Mar 4, 2010, 16:23 Overon

No offense guys, but you have no real facts beyond speculation. I know one thing for sure, that the attorneys who handle this are going to get paid for sure if they win, lose, or settle.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed II PC DRM Patch
10. Re: Assassin's Creed II PC DRM Patch Mar 3, 2010, 22:43 Overon

If you google the right words, you will find silent hunter 5 has been cracked. That uses the same kind of always connected DRM. Furthermore places on subsim forums, legit customers who bought the game are complaining about what happens when you get disconnected from the internet for too long: you lose unsaved progress.  

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard Reveals
5. Re: Diablo III Wizard Reveals Mar 2, 2010, 20:02 Overon

When they zoom out, it's look good. But when they zoom in, it looks really dated in the in engine cutscenes: Poor low resolution textures and jaggies.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ships, Day One Patch Released
32. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ships, Day One Patch Released Mar 2, 2010, 17:05 Overon

I'm looking for PC centered reviews. I want anyone to review it in comparison to PC game FPS standards, not console FPS standards. I know there is no lean, no prone, no publicly released dedicated servers, and no mod tools.  

News Comments > Violent Games Study
10. Re: Violent Games Study Mar 1, 2010, 17:26 Overon

Really the only thing we care about is whether video games violence has an affect on real world violence and if so to what affect. That's it. That's the only question that matters. If violent video games increase violence, it is absolutely necessary that as more and more people are exposed to violent video games, there should be an increase in violence in the population.

There is good evidence that shows that more and more people are playing violent video games (statistics on video games sales). There is good evidence showing that violence is decreasing in that population (crime statistics). So given this information, it cannot be that violent video games increase real world violence.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patch
8. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 23:50 Overon

I just cannot believe the incompetence and ineptitude that 2K is showing with this widescreen issue. Dozens of posters, with screenshots and explanations and they still can't get it right. And the thing is that 2K fixed this same problem in Bioshock 1. To have the same problem comeback into Bioshock 2 is just crazy. And then to not be able to fix it, it's doubly crazy. People aren't asking for world, we are just asking to fix it exactly the same way it was done in Bioshock 1.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patch
1. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Feb 27, 2010, 15:23 Overon

This is the 2nd bioshock patch, wasn't it available days ago?

Read this:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=682016&postcount=69

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2010, 15:45.

News Comments > Metro 2033 Trailer: No Prerelease Demo
2. Re: Metro 2033 Trailer: No Prerelease Demo Feb 27, 2010, 14:59 Overon

A demo is imperative. But when demos are not released it suggest that they don't have enough time and that usually signals less than stellar polish at release time. Especially from an eastern European developer.  

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Living Legends
9. Re: New MechWarrior: Living Legends Feb 27, 2010, 00:12 Overon

Well I used to get terrible performance and I had to run at less than my 1680x1050 native resolution. But they really improved performance big time. I'm running at native resolution now.  

News Comments > New Steam Beta
4. Re: New Steam Beta Feb 23, 2010, 20:44 Overon

Redownload the games, what FUD are you spreading?  

4020 Comments. 201 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo