Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3876 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Crafting Announced
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Crafting Announced Dec 13, 2009, 14:57 Overon

I remember back many months ago, someone on these forums suggested that they would have a crafting system. I don't remember who. Looks like they were right.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TF2 War Update Details
12. Re: TF2 War Update Details Dec 12, 2009, 15:28 Overon

Man Valve has got some great creative skills.

I think if you got good line of sight, soldier wins vs demoman if both are relatively equal skill. But in closer quarters with demoman is a terror to be reckoned with. Just look at the videos of skilled demomen on youtube.

This comment was edited on Dec 12, 2009, 15:31.

News Comments > Tripwire Games Updates
2. Re: Tripwire Games Updates Dec 12, 2009, 11:39 Overon

Me neither.  

News Comments > The Saboteur ATI Problems
8. Re: The Saboteur ATI Problems Dec 9, 2009, 17:15 Overon

Sounds to me like that basic testing wasn't done on new systems which would probably have caught this problem. But for me the point is mute because the game isn't very good according to reviews. Or maybe I should say that there currently new games that are far better.

This comment was edited on Dec 9, 2009, 17:16.

News Comments > Greed: Black Border Demo
9. Re: Greed: Black Border Demo Dec 9, 2009, 13:50 Overon

I played the demo. Graphics are nice. However the inventory management stinks. There is very little room, and you constantly get items that are 6 or 7 levels ahead from where you before you can war them. And there is no way to save them for a later time so you end up converting them to salvage which destroys the items but keeps the materials it was made out of which can be sold. I found myselk throwing all the items on the ground and clicking on them to put the in the inventory just to see if I can use them on my character level. It's too tedious. But overall everything else is what you would expect from the genre and the coop thing is nice.  

News Comments > Intel: Project Offset Status Update Next Year
1. Re: Intel: Project Offset Status Update Next Year Dec 9, 2009, 11:38 Overon

Until there is something more substantial to show other than the few movies and screenshots, consider project offset vaporware.  

News Comments > id: "RAGE Will Feel Like a True PC Game"
13. Re: Re: Dec 7, 2009, 20:14 Overon

Will they even have a PC demo?  

News Comments > id: "RAGE Will Feel Like a True PC Game"
3. Re: id: Dec 7, 2009, 19:37 Overon

These days saying something like "our game will be a true pc game experience" is equivalent to saying "our game will have polygons". It's now a feature that you can put on the box.

Edited for spelling.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2009, 20:11.

News Comments > Introducing The Mass Effect 2 Engineer
8. Re: Introducing The Mass Effect 2 Engineer Dec 6, 2009, 11:52 Overon

Every class should be a viable choice in the game, and bioware should endeavour to make no class superior to others so that no one kicks themselves for being a certain class after hours into the game.  

News Comments > Introducing The Mass Effect 2 Engineer
5. Re: Introducing The Mass Effect 2 Engineer Dec 5, 2009, 23:59 Overon

Did you see, the classes have the same names as in mass effect 1.  

News Comments > Threewave Layoffs
2. Re: Threewave Layoffs Dec 5, 2009, 15:22 Overon

Oh man, Threewave CTF. So many hours, the original kings who pioneered first person CTF gameplay. Cry  

News Comments > Thief 4 In "Good Shape"
32. Re: Thief 4 In Nov 28, 2009, 11:07 Overon

Remember the ending of the last thief game. What looks to be a girl tries to steal from garett and he repeats what the keepers told him when he tried to steal from them when he was her age "You have talent. It's not easy thing to see a Keeper, especially one that does not wish to be seen." That's what happened in the first game beginning describing garett's origins. So the cycle repeats. I wonder if they will think up a whole new world for maybe another trilogy.

Also a modern thief that made use of the light/dark mechanic would have to be as cheesy as splinter cell offering a world that is poorly light to fit the gameplay.

This comment was edited on Nov 28, 2009, 11:09.

News Comments > Thief 4 In "Good Shape"
2. Re: Thief 4 In Nov 27, 2009, 13:05 Overon

I thought the thief 1 and 2 were far superior to the consolized theif 3. We shall see what design decisions are made for thief 4.  

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive?
39. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 26, 2009, 01:03 Overon

I will believe it when the person who said it is listed as a source.  

News Comments > Diablo 3 Skill Trees Cut Down?
4. Re: Diablo III Skill Trees Cut Down? Nov 24, 2009, 10:50 Overon

Are you shitting me? This is news? Come on is it a slow news day? They are in design stages of development where they are iterating and using different ideas and this preliminary information is news worthy?  

News Comments > Gratuitous Space Battles Add-on Details
28. Re: Gratuitous Space Battles Add-on Details Nov 23, 2009, 16:19 Overon

Now you've done it, Tumbler is mad.  

14. Re: Game Reviews Nov 22, 2009, 20:10 Overon

GrammEr nazi!  

4. Re: Game Reviews Nov 22, 2009, 14:37 Overon

I played the demo. Every game has the ability to control ships directly, so I think it's a breath of fresh air not to have direct control. It makes it a more interesting game because your ship builds and choices and your orders determine the effectiveness of your ships in each scenario.  

News Comments > PC MW2 Outsells CoD4
12. Re: PC MW2 Outsells CoD4 Nov 20, 2009, 22:34 Overon

I hope other developers won't take this example as evidence for no dedicated servers. I don't think even valve could get away with that.  

News Comments > New Games for Windows LIVE
1. Re: New Games for Windows LIVE Nov 20, 2009, 11:48 Overon

Can someone explain to me why every game that uses games for windows live, has horrible low bitrate voice quality? Is it because the data has to pass over MS's servers and they don't want to spend the money on greater bandwidth? Is this the qualit you get on xbox live? I doubt it. I cannot understand a single thing said when the voice quality in games like Dawn of War 2 which uses games for windows live.  

3876 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 69.
< Newer [ 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo