Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4113 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ] Older >

News Comments > Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad Rising Storm
9. Re: Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad Rising Storm May 18, 2010, 21:58 Overon

Hey, let me express my frustration in silly ways since I really want this game to be out to play it.
You are not worthy, bub ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad Rising Storm May 18, 2010, 21:56 Overon

KF lovin is nice.  

3. Re: Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad Rising Storm May 18, 2010, 21:21 Overon

This game is quickly becoming the new Duke Nukem Forever unfortunately, because what I saw of the previews really seems to be great.
Umm what? Heroes of Stalingrad was announced August 2009. It has not even been a year yet since announcement. Duke Nukem Forever was announced in 1997. Your comparison is crazy.

News Comments > Ubisoft's Losses
19. Re: Ubisoft's Losses May 18, 2010, 18:05 Overon

We shall see in upcoming quarters how well they have done their DRM research and whether or not will increase sales (we know it may know that their future results may show increased revenue considering that ubisoft thinks that their PC games are worth $60 when they used to cost $40).  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle Stats
2. Re: Humble Indie Bundle Stats May 18, 2010, 11:49 Overon

As long as the cost to develop the games was significantly lower than the revenue, which I think it was, they really made out very well profit wise. Good for them.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits May 17, 2010, 22:43 Overon

Please someone anyone can you duplicate those fps findings in that kille 2100 nic review?  

News Comments > StarCraft Match Fixing Indictments
6. Re: StarCraft Match Fixing Indictments May 17, 2010, 22:40 Overon

I think anywhere they can get away with it, stuff like this happens.  

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
89. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 18:35 Overon

What about Derek Smart threads?
Nothing gets more posts than game piracy and console vs PC sales (and Derek Smart threads) here on Bluesnews.

News Comments > Epic on Piracy and PCs
66. Re: Epic on Piracy and PCs May 17, 2010, 16:14 Overon

Nothing gets more posts than game piracy and console vs PC sales on Bluesnews.  

News Comments > Portal Patched
36. Re: Fix the bugs before you ship the game. May 14, 2010, 16:16 Overon

When patch story threads go bad!
When patch threads go bad and refuse to die.

News Comments > Portal Patched
22. Re: Fix the bugs before you ship the game. May 14, 2010, 08:46 Overon

A patch story thread goes out of control on Bluesnews.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2010, 18:39 Overon

Wow that Boot Daily's review of the Bigfood Killer 2100 network card is a farce. I encourage everyone to read it. It reads like a review prepared by the manufacturer of the card.
Case in point:
When Bigfoot Networks started out a few years ago, it has the simple desire to take one of the biggest gripes of online-gaming head-on and that was lag (latency). To many of us in-the-know, it succeeded but unfortunately for the majority it still didn’t see the “value” in what it was offering.
Are you serious? Almost everyone panned the card as being unnecessary and overpriced and having little measurable benefit.
At an MSRP of $129 dollars, this is an upgrade that – to me – is a total no-brainer. The “tactical feel” while playing on the 2100 is something that’s hard to put into a benchmark. Its overall smoothness of gameplay is truly something you must experience to fully appreciate.
Wow a no-brainer? $129 for a network card that does almost nothing for you is a no-brainer? This review is an uncritical sham. They gave the card a 10/10.

This comment was edited on May 13, 2010, 21:16.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Beta
4. Re: Counter-Strike: Source Beta May 11, 2010, 17:24 Overon

RARRRRRRRR. You could have just said that.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patch Status
1. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Status May 10, 2010, 22:19 Overon

So the long promised and still not fixed distorting fullscreen widescreen 16:10 support is finally coming in this patch for PC.  

News Comments > Pirating vs Paying a Penny
21. Re: Pirating vs Paying a Penny May 10, 2010, 19:26 Overon

Pyschinfo is good too. Don't give up on Psychinfo.  

News Comments > Pirating vs Paying a Penny
14. Re: Pirating vs Paying a Penny May 10, 2010, 16:21 Overon

Heya

I just started a project for my study regarding piracy. If you guys ever stumble on a scientific article that talks about piracy and maybe the psychological processes of pirates, please PM me (if that's possible?) or send me an email to v _ poppelier @ hotmail . com

I completely understand if you can't be arsed But it's worth the try ^^
Eldaron you should do a search of PubMed looking for psychological research on software piracy. In fact if you google "pubmed software piracy" you will get links to some abstracts you might want to get the full text of. Pubmed is your friend. If you are in school, then your school will have access to the whole pubmed database and you can get full text studies rather than just the abstracts.
Here is one instresting thing I found:
Cyberpsychol Behav. 2008 Aug;11(4):391-8.

Deindividuation and Internet software piracy.
Hinduja S.

Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Florida Atlantic University, Jupiter, Florida 33458-2906, USA. hinduja@fau.edu

Abstract
Computer crime has increased exponentially in recent years as hardware, software, and network resources become more affordable and available to individuals from all walks of life. Software piracy is one prevalent type of cybercrime and has detrimentally affected the economic health of the software industry. Moreover, piracy arguably represents a rend in the moral fabric associated with the respect of intellectual property and reduces the financial incentive of product creation and innovation. Deindividuation theory, originating from the field of social psychology, argues that individuals are extricated from responsibility for their actions simply because they no longer have an acute awareness of the identity of self and of others. That is, external and internal constraints that would typically regulate questionable behavior are rendered less effective via certain anonymizing and disinhibiting conditions of the social and environmental context. This exploratory piece seeks to establish the role of deindividuation in liberating individuals to commit software piracy by testing the hypothesis that persons who prefer the anonymity and pseudonymity associated with interaction on the Internet are more likely to pirate software. Through this research, it is hoped that the empirical identification of such a social psychological determinant will help further illuminate the phenomenon.

PMID: 18721086 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

News Comments > Men of War Patches
1. Re: Men of War Patches May 9, 2010, 13:53 Overon

What about the steam version?  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle Update: Source Code Promise
17. Re: Humble Indie Bundle Update: Source Code Promise May 9, 2010, 11:39 Overon

Oh Hellbinder, it all depends on what you mean by "make a game." There is more than just writing the code and creating the art to "making a game."  

News Comments > Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site
23. Re: Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site May 8, 2010, 19:54 Overon

I have read this thread and no one has managed to convince me through reason and evidence that they are right.

Try harder. I respond well to evidence and reason. Please avoid making logical fallacies.

Thank you.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patch Notes
1. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Notes May 7, 2010, 17:55 Overon

Fixed further issues related to HUD stretching
They said the same thing last time. We shall see.

4113 Comments. 206 pages. Viewing page 67.
< Newer [ 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo