Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3839 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance
54. Re: Star Citizen - Life Time Insurance Last Chance Jun 23, 2013, 01:51 Overon

I have to agree with Flatline there is way too much speculation and blind trust in Roberts Space Industries.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deadpool Trailer
7. Re: Deadpool Trailer Jun 20, 2013, 18:22 Overon

I want the 30 seconds of my life back after watching this trailer.  

News Comments > The War Z Name Change
3. Re: The War Z Name Change Jun 19, 2013, 17:24 Overon

It's still shit right?  

News Comments > Thief E3 Presentation
39. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 15, 2013, 11:24 Overon

MajorD wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 20:39:
Overon wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 18:07:
This gameplay trailer showed us bad animations, terrible AI, ugly GUI, and blurry textures and Gerratt as nothing but a thug murderer. This game was not designed to appeal to people who liked the first 3 2 .

Even 3 was not as bad as what I saw in this one...

38. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 15, 2013, 11:22 Overon

NKD wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 18:21:
Overon wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 18:07:
This gameplay trailer showed us bad animations, terrible AI, ugly GUI, and blurry textures and Adam Jensen as nothing but a thug murderer. This game was not designed to appeal to people who liked the first Deus Ex.

Changed that around just for the sake of argument. Pretty much the exact same shit everyone said about DXHR.

Just saying people shouldn't give up all hope... YET.
Point taken. I hope I'm proven wrong of course.

25. Re: Thief E3 Presentation Jun 14, 2013, 18:07 Overon

This gameplay trailer showed us bad animations, terrible AI, ugly GUI, and blurry textures and Gerratt as nothing but a thug murderer. This game was not designed to appeal to people who liked the first 3.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer
2. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 21:40 Overon

Batman looks exactly the same as the second one. Come on, how many times do we have to see the same thing. Event he GUI is identical and the gadgets look identical, the move set even. It's like they didn't even rework the textures. Both Batmans were great but this is just like a developer coasting on the success of the previous games and changing the level layout and adding a few more enemies and different cutscenes. It's look like an EA sports game. Looks like they took literally all the assets, textures, and animations from Rocksteady.  

News Comments > Thief Trailer
16. Re: Thief Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 17:38 Overon

Garret is a thief, not a ninja assassin.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Patched
17. Re: Path of Exile Patched Jun 6, 2013, 23:51 Overon

I find Diablo style games extremely repetitive and thus boring. Does it have a story that keeps you wanting to find out what happens next?  

News Comments > ORION: Dino Horde Free Weekend
6. Re: ORION: Dino Horde Free Weekend Jun 1, 2013, 00:54 Overon

This review does not pull any punches:
http://nzgamer.com/pc/reviews/1868/orion-dino-horde.html

They ripped off assets from primal rage and they ripped off assets from natural selection and fired employees and they rebranded the shit that was called orion dino beatdown now as orion dino horde.

It's a steaming pile of shit.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2013, 00:59.

News Comments > Primal Carnage Free Weekend
7. Re: Primal Carnage Free Weekend Jun 1, 2013, 00:43 Overon

Wrong thread. My bad.

This comment was edited on Jun 1, 2013, 00:49.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed May 30, 2013, 06:44 Overon

Actually, Anita took some of the criticisms of thunderf00t and addressed them in the 2nd video. I suggest you watch thunderf00t video response to her first video and then watch her 2nd video and you will see I'm correct. You have to give her props for actually addressing some of his criticisms.  

News Comments > AMD Catalyst Beta Drivers
3. Re: AMD Catalyst beta drivers May 29, 2013, 17:39 Overon

Wow these beta driver notes make the beta drivers nearly worthless for the vast majority of people:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-6WINBetaDriver.aspx

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Announced May 22, 2013, 06:43 Overon

It could just be a blatant brand cash-in like so many others. I hope I'm proven wrong.  

News Comments > Xbox One Announced
70. Re: Xbox One Announced May 21, 2013, 17:40 Overon

Well I think this is good for PC gaming since both the PS4 and Xbox One are x86 and very close to off the shelf PC game hardware which will make porting so much easier to the PC. No doubt there will be more paid exclusives but also maybe a few more quality ports (I hope the quality of ports decreases).

Also no solid state drives for ps4 nor xbox one? I now that will raise the costs but come on, once you go solid state drive for your game installations, you don't ever want to go back.

News Comments > Game Reviews
41. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 20:18 Overon

Prez wrote on May 19, 2013, 19:23:
I'm not the slightest bit religious, but I have way more respect for people who are and leave others alone instead of the assholes who think criticizing them is somehow enlightening.

I stopped being surprised at just how much religious bigotry exists on the Internet long ago, and Bluesnews is definitely no exception, but I agree wholeheartedly with the quoted portion of Mad Max's post.

I'll be the first to bash a Christian who gets on his or her moral superiority high horse on things like sex, drinking, or gay marriage, but a guy who happens to proudly avail himself of his religious denomination while reviewing games is not an affront to anybody, and all this unwarranted scorn and mockery serves to make those who consider themselves enlightened or intellectually superior appear just the opposite.
I'm going to have to disagree here, I don't believe there are any ideas who are justifiably free from criticism and it's important to understand that criticism does not imply bigotry. Whether someone gets on their high horse or not, has nothing to do with how justified their beliefs and knowledge claims are. If Ted Bundy criticized my beliefs or knowledge claims, those criticisms stand or fall on their justification, totally independent of who is making them (in this case Ted Bundy a convicted serial killer).

39. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 20:12 Overon

Quinn wrote on May 19, 2013, 19:57:
ItBurn wrote on May 19, 2013, 15:14:
Quinn wrote on May 19, 2013, 14:55:
Overon: Well said.

ItBurns: Tell me you're kidding me? Don't go all Mass Effect on us :O

I find it hilarious how the first poster got that "hate speech!" reply, with Blues even saying he felt like deleting the post. It's fucking ridiculous.

People deserve respect, their religion and ideas do not. Exactly like Overon said. When a person tells me he believes in a talking snake, I laugh in his face. There's no crime in ridiculing religion. If you ask me, it's high time to do so.

I do believe we're JUST machines. Are you religious or do you believe in a soul or something? I mean, it's not far fetched or strange.

I don't believe anything. I go for knowing. I know humans as well as other animals have feelings, both physically and mentally. I know machines have not. Ergo destroying, damaging or raping a robot is different than doing that to humans.

Philosophical bedrock right here.
Knowledge is a subset of belief. So you do believe things, the question is how well those beliefs are justified or how justified you are in your knowledge claims

21. Re: Game Reviews May 19, 2013, 13:32 Overon

Wikipedia defines bigotry as "a state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats other people with hatred, contempt, and intolerance on the basis of a person's race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, language, socioeconomic status, or other status."
It's a weird definition. Notice that race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socialeconomic status are largely IMMUTABLE characteristics, yet religion, a set of ideas, are not largely IMMUTABLE, stands out like a sore thumb. One thing is not like the others. Also religion is a position and ideas not any kind of status. Therefore I don't think what the first poster said qualifies as religious bigotry. Was it means-pirited, maybe. I believe humans deserve respect, their ideas however, do not. And religious ideas qualify. They are not immutable just as my ideas on the best economic system do not deserve special respect because they are just ideas, they have no feelings to hurt. Though I may not call people wingnuts for tactical reasons because usually name calling shuts down any conversation with them and results in mean spirited discussion.

I disagree with the reviewer because I think though he said he enjoyed the game, he could not recommend it for "moral reasons." I disagree with him, it is not unethical to kill in a virtual environment. But I see that many Christian denominations believe people can commit "sin" aka act immorally even with their thoughts, so I can understand from his perspective where he is coming from even though I think "thought crimes" is an absurd notion.

P.S.
When would a robot be worthy of ethical consideration?

This comment was edited on May 19, 2013, 15:01.

News Comments > Rising Storm Preorders
17. Re: Rising Storm Preorders May 17, 2013, 17:42 Overon

I'm fairly sure Tripwire stated they would add additional tanks to RO2 but they don't appear they will do that.  

News Comments > DARK Trailer
3. Re: DARK Trailer May 15, 2013, 22:47 Overon

Looks like a typical 3rd person console game. I think the animations are awkward looking and the textures are poor. The poor textures are perfect for a game designed for consoles lack of graphics memory in mind. Is this cell shading? That's a good way to not have to create high resolution textures. I hope the narrative is good that makes people want to play through to the end.  

3839 Comments. 192 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo