Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3882 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2010, 14:11 Overon

Actually the science of HFCS and sugar says there is no difference healthwise. But there is a taste difference because table sugar and HFCS can have different ratios of glucose to fructose. See here for more information:
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4157

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Secret Message
2. Re: The Witcher 2 Secret Message Mar 26, 2010, 22:39 Overon

Oh Blue, I posted the secret message days ago in this thread right here on Bluesnews:

I spent 30 minutes typing that message out to make sure it was identical.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Secret Message
1. Re: The Witcher 2 Secret Message Mar 26, 2010, 22:37 Overon

Oh Blue, I posted the secret message days ago in this thread right here on your site:
link

I spent like 30 minutes typing that message out to make sure it was identical.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation
27. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 17:43 Overon

Let that be a lesson to you, stop paying extra for "black" and "special" and "collector's" editions.  

26. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 17:43 Overon

Let that be a lesson to you, stop paying extra for "black" and "special" editions.  

14. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 13:09 Overon

Ubisoft: "For Assassin's Creed 2 we would like to compensate you for not being able to play the game due to server down time, by giving your more Assassin's Creed 2 which we would like to compensate you for not being able to play the game due to server down time, by giving you more Assassin's Creed 2...

Infinite while loop. This like giving a month of free fuel as compensation for a car that won't start. You can't use the DLC when the game won't run because the servers that allow it to run are down.

News Comments > Free Game for Silent Hunter V Owners
10. Re: Free Game for Silent Hunter V Owners Mar 25, 2010, 19:11 Overon

About Bad Company 2 downtime:

It saddens me that some PC gamers have such short memories. This is EA/DICE the same EA/DICE that couldn't patch their way out of a web paper bag in Battlefield 2 and 2142. They are totally incompetent. It's like they have some competence when initially writing code, but then that competence disappears as soon as the game is released and they can no longer fix bugs and instead introduce new ones. Senior coders go on vacation, while the junior coders are left to try to fix code they don't understand.

News Comments > Free Game for Silent Hunter V Owners
9. Re: Free Game for Silent Hunter V Owners Mar 25, 2010, 19:06 Overon

For Assassin's Creed 2 we would like to compensate you for not being able to play the game due to server down time, by giving your more Assassin's Creed 2 which we would like to compensate for not being able to play the game due to server down time, by giving you more Assassin's Creed 2...

Infinite while loop. The attacks on Ubisoft servers will continue to demonstrate a point, and I think that this will only strengthen it. They are attempting to buy their way into the gamer's hearts. There is a better way to do that and everyone knows what that way is.

News Comments > EA on C&C4 DRM
37. Re: EA on C&C4 DRM Mar 24, 2010, 15:18 Overon

There are so many better PC games that don't have these always online DRM requirements. Buy and play those, not these.  

News Comments > EA on C&C4 DRM
34. Re: EA on C&C4 DRM Mar 24, 2010, 14:57 Overon

Constant online connection based DRM makes puppies and kittens cry.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Official Announcement
4. Re: The Witcher 2 Official Announcement Mar 24, 2010, 11:25 Overon

I loved it, as you could probably tell from that last thread on this topic.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
26. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 19:55 Overon

Eh, kind of, it's fun for a little while, but I can't play for any great length of time, I get bored eventually.
At least you are consistent. I was about to tear you a knew one if you said you loved Diablo based on your criticisms of the combat in Witcher.

23. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 18:55 Overon

There is a secret message near the end of the video. I quote with all grammar and spelling errors and awkward phrasing intact:
This message is for our biggest fans. Analyzing our stuff pixel by pixel, bit by bit. It's good to see you again! :-)
BTW: Simple minded people think that nobody is reading those days, dear reader of this,
we think that we can agree that it is bullshit, huh?
Same as the fact that single player RPGs are dead, or PCs?
We sold 1.5 mln units game from dying gnere on dying platform - so we somehow cannot agree;-)

Before we start talking about TW2:) please let us thank you for your great support and appreciation.
It always motivate us and make us happy.

We started working on TW2 right after release of TW. Our goal was to create all the things
which made TW so great in TW2 even better.
We are very proud of TW but let be honest, it was our debut. We never made any game before,
and we practically learnt as we worked.
So there were many things which could be done better, you know it as good as we:-)
But the vision, the main concept remain the same: game with mature, captivating and unliniear story,
and full of spectacular combat.
A game created by a team of independent thinkers immune to corporate priorities,
who don't care what's trendy at a given moment.

The core vision of the game hasn't changed. What has changed is the quality and the maturity we can deliver.
That's largely because, we're more experienced and also due the fact that, we've created our own technology.
Do you remember how we made significant improvements with the Aurora Engine in the original game,
but it still had its limiations?
Now we've created technology designed specfically to create
non-linear games with extensive plotlines and a living world...
well, there's no point in expanding on that too much - you have to check our tech yourselves!
Nevertheless, we have many reasons to believe that you will like The Witcher 2!
See you soon and stay tuned :)

22. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 18:33 Overon

Geralt's new look is much more Slavic.  

19. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 15:36 Overon

The biggest problem with The Witcher is it doesn't feel like your character, becasue it's not. You are forced to play someone whom does and says things you wouldn't, it's a bad choice for an RPG style game. You couldn't choose female, couldn't adjust you appearance, nothing.
That's because Geralt has a multi book established background. Look at the witcher wiki to see what I mean. You can't have an established character just change sex. This isn't a nameless character with no background like in other RPG's. It's the nature of the game.

Secondly at least in the first game they spent so much time trying to be this false Neutral, it emotionally detaches us from the game, just like playing Geralt. Many of the quests and solutions didn't feel real, like the two main girls struggle to win Geralt or the first major quest with Abigail. She and Geralt had some of the most touching heartfelt dialog through acting writing and animation. By the 3 or 4 chapter the BEST QUEST in the game was totally crapped on and thrown away, all for the sake of FALSE choices with the two FORCED romantic leads.
Witchers are supposed to be neutral. Other witchers are far more neutral and Geralt. His problems always arise of rarely making the neutral decision. If you look at the character you realize he's not neutral at all even when he desperately tries to be.
I agree that the story forced you to choose among Romantic leads. That was a design decision. Maybe they should have included Abigail as well and that would make things more interesting.
Hell, all they had to do was make us a new Witcher in training whom was out to discover or possibly save Geralt (from some kind magical torpor?). Then all of Geralt's old/previous alliances would/could still be relevant. Then you could not only infuse Geralt's past but build start your own
Yes they could do that, but you wouldn't be playing Geralt. They decided to build a game around that character based on a ton of background material. Again a design decision.

15. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 15:24 Overon

I've heard so many great things about the first one, I bought it pretty early on, tried getting into it multiple times and just can't. The interface angers me, the combat is so very repetitive, and the world far too linear. I don't mean to crap on the game, I can see why other people might enjoy it, but I guess it's just not for me.
Fair enough but let me ask you a question. Did you like Diablo style gameplay?

14. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 15:22 Overon

Heretics all you non Geralt lovers are heretics.

I read both english version books and Geralt is just such an awesome character.

News Comments > EA Prerelease Paid DLC Plans
7. Re: EA Prerelease Paid DLC Plans Mar 22, 2010, 16:09 Overon

EA has brainstorming sessions trying to figure out what else they can monotonize.  

News Comments > Violent Game Talk
8. Re: Violent Game Talk Mar 22, 2010, 14:28 Overon

Remember, that realy scientists go on the record when they make their claims. They are not anonymous. Who is this "leading psychologist"? Where is the data that backsup his statements?

1) Science is not anoonymous.
2) Statements in science have to be backed up by evidence.

That article is a major journalistic fail. It has none of that. Is there a original link where the "leading psychologist" is mentioned by name?

News Comments > ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week
24. Re: ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week Mar 21, 2010, 14:20 Overon

I think horse armor would be more useful. Did it not help protect your horse? Or maybe it was just appearances.  

3882 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo