Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3936 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle Update: Source Code Promise
17. Re: Humble Indie Bundle Update: Source Code Promise May 9, 2010, 11:39 Overon

Oh Hellbinder, it all depends on what you mean by "make a game." There is more than just writing the code and creating the art to "making a game."  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site
23. Re: Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site May 8, 2010, 19:54 Overon

I have read this thread and no one has managed to convince me through reason and evidence that they are right.

Try harder. I respond well to evidence and reason. Please avoid making logical fallacies.

Thank you.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Patch Notes
1. Re: BioShock 2 Patch Notes May 7, 2010, 17:55 Overon

Fixed further issues related to HUD stretching
They said the same thing last time. We shall see.

News Comments > Kotick: "No Choice But to Fire" IW Heads
4. Re: Kotick: May 6, 2010, 23:22 Overon

Kotick estimates 35 have departed Infinity Ward since this whole situation boiled over.
Estimates? He can't get a confirmed number? It doesn't do look good when you don't even know the exact number. It makes you sound like an out of touch jackass. "We lost around 35 ants."

News Comments > Activision Profits Double
13. Re: Stardock May 6, 2010, 21:05 Overon

I give them the benefit of the doubt. But I can't help this feeling that the analysis is extremely poor since those results are in no small part to due to infinity ward modern warfare 2.  

News Comments > Yee Against Banning Ultra-Violent Games
33. Re: Yee Against Banning Ultra-Violent Games May 6, 2010, 10:32 Overon

Hellbinder there are so many things wrong with what you said I don't even want to bother listing them because I am fairly sure that you are impervious to reason and evidence. It is reason and evidence that should decide matters like these and not your personal ideas of morality which are mutable and not universal.

This comment was edited on May 6, 2010, 11:27.

9. Re: Yee Against Banning Ultra-Violent Games May 5, 2010, 16:15 Overon

And then there's the lawsuits from fucking lazy parents. Their son shits on a roof somewhere, some dipshit shrink says it's because he's playing too much violent videogames, and voila, lawsuits out the ass from the disphit's parents against Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Fry's, etc.
If you find a shrink that says violent video games caused your son to behave violently, you need to find a science based board certified psychiatrist who understands the scientific evidence bethind such a claim. I don't think you will find many of these "dipshit shrinks."

Look at the judges decisions that rule these laws unconstitutional. Some of them address the issue of the lack of evidence of actual harm to minors from playing violent video games.

5. Re: Yee Against Banning Ultra-Violent Games May 5, 2010, 15:17 Overon

I'm never going to be the person who stands up and says we should ban these ultra-violent video games. I'm just saying children ought not to be allowed to access them unless a parent buys it for them. Otherwise, video games are just as worthy under the 1st Amendment as movies.
The key here is the word "otherwise." He's making an exception, video games are just as worthy except... The MPAA movie rating system is voluntary. There are no laws that prevent kids from seeing R rated movies. The MPAA has self imposed these rules for R rated movies. There are no laws that prevent kids from buying R rated movies. There is no MPAA imposed self rules that prevent someone selling R rated movies to kids but sometimes retailers have their own self imposed rules.

Most important of all there is no logical evidence based reason to ban sales of violent video games to minors. There is no demonstration of harm. These proposed laws make the assumption that violent video games do harm to minors.

This comment was edited on May 5, 2010, 16:16.

News Comments > MechWarrior 4 Installer Coming
1. Re: MechWarrior 4 Installer Coming May 4, 2010, 09:23 Overon

Finally some of the anger will be soothed with this annoucement. I think they should have been cut more slack for supporting mechwarrior with all the additional mechs, textures, and models, and bug fixes, and additions they made to the game. We should be grateful and some of us should not have criticized them as viciously.  

News Comments > New MTX
11. Re: New MTX May 3, 2010, 21:22 Overon

Okay I understand the problems. But I read their explanation and they have some good points too. They are asking people to be patient. It is free so why not be patient and give them some slack?  

News Comments > New Audigy Drivers
17. Re: New Audigy Drivers May 3, 2010, 16:01 Overon

The problem of every onboard sound solution I have ever come across is "noise." When a hard drive is working you can hear noises coming over my headphones. When the hard drive is not working, the noise stops. I have even been able to move my mouse and cause a noise and then when I stop moving the mouse the noise stops. I can reproduce it at will 100% of the time. I have experienced similar results on other older onboard sound cards. I know it's noise coming from the sound card because I can leave the headphones on my head and disconnect the cable and the problem goes away. This is how I know it's NOT ambient sounds outside of the PC.

These problems go away as soon as I plug into an addon sound card, any addon sound card.

My understanding is that the motherboard is an electronmagnetically noisy noise environment not good for analog output audio output.

Right now I have realtek 889 chipset. This is supposedly their highest end audio chipset from realtek. And I have a m-audio revolution 7.1 sound card. When I play music I really can't tell the difference on my analog sennheiser hd590 headphones. But when no sound is playing I can definately hear the hum and noise from the realtek outputs and none from the m-audio revolution 7.1 outputs.

I am fairly sure that if I could hook up some headphones or speakers that take digital input, from the digital output from my realtek 889, there would be no noise at all heard. But I have analog input headphones.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2010, 21:07.

News Comments > Free MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Released
7. Re: Free MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Released Apr 30, 2010, 15:58 Overon

So does this include all the mechwarrior 4 expansions and their respective campaigns?

Does this include the no cd patch that they were talking about so that you don't need to have the game cd in order to play it?

What does this mean:
Game loads much quicker but still requires CD and deletion of Community Satire Screen (Fafnir vs. Owen)

News Comments > Activision Signs Bungie for 10 Years
40. Re: Activision Signs Bungie for 10 Years Apr 29, 2010, 22:35 Overon

Anyone like activision?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Apr 28, 2010, 20:18 Overon

I thought this was already released.  

News Comments > Stolen SF4 Footage Sought
12. Re: Stolen SF4 Footage Sought Apr 24, 2010, 20:37 Overon

Short of stealing the cards for the cards themselves (are SD cards worth the effort?), I can't see what stealing footage of the event that was taken solely for the fans would achieve. I mean it's not as if the thief knew it would be worth anything before stealing it, and the fact that a cash reward is offered now is lucky if nothing else.
They probably were looking to steal the cameras themselves or as much stuff as possible and the SD cards were probably together with the cameras.

News Comments > Ex-Infinity Ward Staff Join Respawn
15. Re: Ex-Infinity Ward Staff Join Respawn Apr 24, 2010, 18:33 Overon

Shocking news story.  

News Comments > Derek Smart vs Dave Allen, Part 2
30. Re: Derek Smart vs Dave Allen, Part 2 Apr 23, 2010, 22:13 Overon

...but overall I rather enjoy reading his posts on the games industry.
I grudgingly admit that I liked reading his posts on bluesnews on the gaming industry.
I just gave him an inch.

News Comments > More Infinity Ward Departures
3. Re: More Infinity Ward Departures Apr 23, 2010, 21:59 Overon

Okay. That's it. Is there a website with a comprehensive list of everyone who left, who has not yet left, and where they went to?  

News Comments > R.U.S.E. Delayed
4. Re: R.U.S.E. Delayed Apr 23, 2010, 21:58 Overon

Ubisoft DRM means no sale.  

News Comments > Derek Smart vs Dave Allen, Part 2
28. Re: Derek Smart vs Dave Allen, Part 2 Apr 23, 2010, 18:45 Overon

And welcome back Derek.
Welcome back? He never left. He's got a google alert on his name. He had to post. His ego compelled him. He will be sending a detective to learn everything about David Allen any time, or maybe it's already been done.

3936 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo