Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3890 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > MW2 Stimulus Package Interview
10. Re: MW2 Stimulus Package Interview Apr 5, 2010, 13:59 Overon

It's a map pack!

Remember the voices who rattled off reasons why MW2 is bad for pc gaming. There is no publicly released client/server, no mods. Well now you have a case in point. If you control the entire platform then you don't allow free stuff. You can now charge for additional content, including map packs.

Remember when map packs were updates you got for free? Remember when maps used to be created by the community and would sometimes be more popular than the developer maps? Remember those days? Now IW who got their start as a company in the PC gaming market, try to monotonize everything they can. Remember all those Call of Duty mods and maps and mods back on the PC? Well guess what, no more free maps for you.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2010, 15:53.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage
14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Answers, Footage Apr 5, 2010, 13:42 Overon

Come on, guys, George is just keeping it real.  

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband Patch
2. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband Patch Apr 4, 2010, 17:26 Overon

The game is a true PC game, designed for the PC in mind. You just couldn't do a game like this on the console.

However there are still a lot of rough edges. They have the talent to fix up the game's interface for example. I wish they would do that. Hopefully they will do that in the next one.

News Comments > New MW4 MekPak
8. Re: New MW4 MekPak Apr 3, 2010, 19:11 Overon

I guess the lesson here is that even if you do thing for free and with good intentions, in the end that's not a big factor in a big company's decision making.

Maybe I don't understand, but form the limited information that we have, I would say that it was wishful thinking to announce MW4 free release before it was a done sure deal.

News Comments > DICE: Free Maps "Crucial"
10. Re: DICE: Free Maps Mar 31, 2010, 15:53 Overon

Remember the days when the community created more maps and better maps than the developer... for free?  

News Comments > Darksiders PC Plans
18. Re: Darksiders PC Plans Mar 30, 2010, 18:38 Overon

We are working really hard to make sure that key features such as user-defined resolutions, interface and both keyboard and game pad control sets are all up to the standards for today’s discerning PC consumer.
This is now a special treat whereas before it was par for the course. Don't forget the aspect ratio cutoff problems and\or low FOV issues that is now par for the course for console to pc ports.

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 Details?
7. Re: Call of Duty 7 Details? Mar 29, 2010, 14:34 Overon

Rumors and undisclosed sources do not inspire confidence.  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Kit Pick-up Workaround
10. Re: Bad Company 2 Kit Pick-up Workaround Mar 29, 2010, 14:33 Overon

EA/Dice strikes again. History repeats itself. Everyone should know what they will get from EA/Dice by now unless they have short memories.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 29, 2010, 14:11 Overon

Actually the science of HFCS and sugar says there is no difference healthwise. But there is a taste difference because table sugar and HFCS can have different ratios of glucose to fructose. See here for more information:
http://skeptoid.com/episodes/4157

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Secret Message
2. Re: The Witcher 2 Secret Message Mar 26, 2010, 22:39 Overon

Oh Blue, I posted the secret message days ago in this thread right here on Bluesnews:

I spent 30 minutes typing that message out to make sure it was identical.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Secret Message
1. Re: The Witcher 2 Secret Message Mar 26, 2010, 22:37 Overon

Oh Blue, I posted the secret message days ago in this thread right here on your site:
link

I spent like 30 minutes typing that message out to make sure it was identical.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation
27. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 17:43 Overon

Let that be a lesson to you, stop paying extra for "black" and "special" and "collector's" editions.  

26. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 17:43 Overon

Let that be a lesson to you, stop paying extra for "black" and "special" editions.  

14. Re: Assassin's Creed 2 Outage Compensation Mar 26, 2010, 13:09 Overon

Ubisoft: "For Assassin's Creed 2 we would like to compensate you for not being able to play the game due to server down time, by giving your more Assassin's Creed 2 which we would like to compensate you for not being able to play the game due to server down time, by giving you more Assassin's Creed 2...

Infinite while loop. This like giving a month of free fuel as compensation for a car that won't start. You can't use the DLC when the game won't run because the servers that allow it to run are down.

News Comments > Free Game for Silent Hunter V Owners
10. Re: Free Game for Silent Hunter V Owners Mar 25, 2010, 19:11 Overon

About Bad Company 2 downtime:

It saddens me that some PC gamers have such short memories. This is EA/DICE the same EA/DICE that couldn't patch their way out of a web paper bag in Battlefield 2 and 2142. They are totally incompetent. It's like they have some competence when initially writing code, but then that competence disappears as soon as the game is released and they can no longer fix bugs and instead introduce new ones. Senior coders go on vacation, while the junior coders are left to try to fix code they don't understand.

News Comments > Free Game for Silent Hunter V Owners
9. Re: Free Game for Silent Hunter V Owners Mar 25, 2010, 19:06 Overon

For Assassin's Creed 2 we would like to compensate you for not being able to play the game due to server down time, by giving your more Assassin's Creed 2 which we would like to compensate for not being able to play the game due to server down time, by giving you more Assassin's Creed 2...

Infinite while loop. The attacks on Ubisoft servers will continue to demonstrate a point, and I think that this will only strengthen it. They are attempting to buy their way into the gamer's hearts. There is a better way to do that and everyone knows what that way is.

News Comments > EA on C&C4 DRM
37. Re: EA on C&C4 DRM Mar 24, 2010, 15:18 Overon

There are so many better PC games that don't have these always online DRM requirements. Buy and play those, not these.  

News Comments > EA on C&C4 DRM
34. Re: EA on C&C4 DRM Mar 24, 2010, 14:57 Overon

Constant online connection based DRM makes puppies and kittens cry.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Official Announcement
4. Re: The Witcher 2 Official Announcement Mar 24, 2010, 11:25 Overon

I loved it, as you could probably tell from that last thread on this topic.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
26. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 19:55 Overon

Eh, kind of, it's fun for a little while, but I can't play for any great length of time, I get bored eventually.
At least you are consistent. I was about to tear you a knew one if you said you loved Diablo based on your criticisms of the combat in Witcher.

3890 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo