Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3870 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
23. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 18:55 Overon

There is a secret message near the end of the video. I quote with all grammar and spelling errors and awkward phrasing intact:
This message is for our biggest fans. Analyzing our stuff pixel by pixel, bit by bit. It's good to see you again! :-)
BTW: Simple minded people think that nobody is reading those days, dear reader of this,
we think that we can agree that it is bullshit, huh?
Same as the fact that single player RPGs are dead, or PCs?
We sold 1.5 mln units game from dying gnere on dying platform - so we somehow cannot agree;-)

Before we start talking about TW2:) please let us thank you for your great support and appreciation.
It always motivate us and make us happy.

We started working on TW2 right after release of TW. Our goal was to create all the things
which made TW so great in TW2 even better.
We are very proud of TW but let be honest, it was our debut. We never made any game before,
and we practically learnt as we worked.
So there were many things which could be done better, you know it as good as we:-)
But the vision, the main concept remain the same: game with mature, captivating and unliniear story,
and full of spectacular combat.
A game created by a team of independent thinkers immune to corporate priorities,
who don't care what's trendy at a given moment.

The core vision of the game hasn't changed. What has changed is the quality and the maturity we can deliver.
That's largely because, we're more experienced and also due the fact that, we've created our own technology.
Do you remember how we made significant improvements with the Aurora Engine in the original game,
but it still had its limiations?
Now we've created technology designed specfically to create
non-linear games with extensive plotlines and a living world...
well, there's no point in expanding on that too much - you have to check our tech yourselves!
Nevertheless, we have many reasons to believe that you will like The Witcher 2!
See you soon and stay tuned :)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 18:33 Overon

Geralt's new look is much more Slavic.  

19. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 15:36 Overon

The biggest problem with The Witcher is it doesn't feel like your character, becasue it's not. You are forced to play someone whom does and says things you wouldn't, it's a bad choice for an RPG style game. You couldn't choose female, couldn't adjust you appearance, nothing.
That's because Geralt has a multi book established background. Look at the witcher wiki to see what I mean. You can't have an established character just change sex. This isn't a nameless character with no background like in other RPG's. It's the nature of the game.

Secondly at least in the first game they spent so much time trying to be this false Neutral, it emotionally detaches us from the game, just like playing Geralt. Many of the quests and solutions didn't feel real, like the two main girls struggle to win Geralt or the first major quest with Abigail. She and Geralt had some of the most touching heartfelt dialog through acting writing and animation. By the 3 or 4 chapter the BEST QUEST in the game was totally crapped on and thrown away, all for the sake of FALSE choices with the two FORCED romantic leads.
Witchers are supposed to be neutral. Other witchers are far more neutral and Geralt. His problems always arise of rarely making the neutral decision. If you look at the character you realize he's not neutral at all even when he desperately tries to be.
I agree that the story forced you to choose among Romantic leads. That was a design decision. Maybe they should have included Abigail as well and that would make things more interesting.
Hell, all they had to do was make us a new Witcher in training whom was out to discover or possibly save Geralt (from some kind magical torpor?). Then all of Geralt's old/previous alliances would/could still be relevant. Then you could not only infuse Geralt's past but build start your own
Yes they could do that, but you wouldn't be playing Geralt. They decided to build a game around that character based on a ton of background material. Again a design decision.

15. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 15:24 Overon

I've heard so many great things about the first one, I bought it pretty early on, tried getting into it multiple times and just can't. The interface angers me, the combat is so very repetitive, and the world far too linear. I don't mean to crap on the game, I can see why other people might enjoy it, but I guess it's just not for me.
Fair enough but let me ask you a question. Did you like Diablo style gameplay?

14. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 15:22 Overon

Heretics all you non Geralt lovers are heretics.

I read both english version books and Geralt is just such an awesome character.

News Comments > EA Prerelease Paid DLC Plans
7. Re: EA Prerelease Paid DLC Plans Mar 22, 2010, 16:09 Overon

EA has brainstorming sessions trying to figure out what else they can monotonize.  

News Comments > Violent Game Talk
8. Re: Violent Game Talk Mar 22, 2010, 14:28 Overon

Remember, that realy scientists go on the record when they make their claims. They are not anonymous. Who is this "leading psychologist"? Where is the data that backsup his statements?

1) Science is not anoonymous.
2) Statements in science have to be backed up by evidence.

That article is a major journalistic fail. It has none of that. Is there a original link where the "leading psychologist" is mentioned by name?

News Comments > ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week
24. Re: ME2 Appearance Pack Next Week Mar 21, 2010, 14:20 Overon

I think horse armor would be more useful. Did it not help protect your horse? Or maybe it was just appearances.  

News Comments > Steamworks Microtransactions Planned
8. Re: Steamworks Microtransactions Planned Mar 21, 2010, 14:19 Overon

As long as people are willing to buy, they will be willing so sell.

I just hope that it doesn't give any competitive advantage in multiplayer games to those that pay over those that don't. But I have seen a huge hesitance to do this for fear of the backlash.

News Comments > Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Patch Notes
4. Re: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Patch Notes Mar 20, 2010, 19:32 Overon

As you know the history of relic, they have a really hard time balancing their games and this is no exception. But I want to see the bug fixes for Last Stand where the Choas sorcerer statistics don't display correctly when equipping certain items. And sometimes when using his abilities, the energy cost is paid but no ability is used. That really sucks.  

News Comments > EA on C&C4's "No" DRM
7. Re: EA on C&C4's Mar 18, 2010, 17:13 Overon

I like the 2nd poster who quotes wikipedia defining DRM. Of course it's DRM. I can't even understand by what definition that wouldn't be DRM. Wow talk about intellectual dishonesty.  

News Comments > No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo
4. Re: No PC Splinter Cell Conviction Demo Mar 17, 2010, 21:54 Overon

Why wait so close to the demo release to announce it? It seems to me Ubisoft is openly hostile to PC gamers.  

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days In August
7. Re: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days In August Mar 17, 2010, 20:19 Overon

Probably sold enough to justify a sequel.  

News Comments > Kane & Lynch 2 Release Date Announcement Tomorrow
1. Re: Kane & Lynch 2 Release Date Announcement Tomorrow Mar 16, 2010, 17:21 Overon

"The first game sucked!" ass as the kids would say. It takes more than profanity and violence to make a game good. Right?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 15:19 Overon

Some of comments I have read here are just lazy. Quick time events, no healthbar, and linearity are not sufficient for me to conclude consolitis. The save system is a sticking point for me if true. However, I need more information. I have seen one review comparing it to the linearity of Half Life 2. Nothing wrong with the linearity of Half Life 2. Same review said it was like the closest thing to Half Life 2 on consoles. Not bad comparisons. I will reserve judgement and wait for further reviews, hopefully from the PC player persepctive.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2010, 15:26.

News Comments > Metro 2033 Launch Begins
3. Re: Metro 2033 Launch Begins Mar 15, 2010, 22:39 Overon

I have only seen one review 9/10 link me to others.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments
11. Re: NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments Mar 12, 2010, 23:02 Overon

From Wikipedia:
PhysX is a proprietary realtime physics engine middleware SDK...
So I think a truer statement would be that to game developers the use of Physx comes at no licensing cost. Not proprietary there. To non nvidia graphics card manufacturers, it cannot be used in their graphics card/drivers. This makes it proprietary. To the end user, you can't take advantage of it you don't have an nvidia card. That's proprietary.

I'm glad that's cleared up.

10. Re: NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments Mar 12, 2010, 22:59 Overon

Nvidia is a better card anyway and ATI is just pissed because they didnít acquire PhysX first.
Wow way to generalize. Remember kids, when someone makes a general statement like this about anything, you can be sure of one thing: it is not true, the reality is much less black and white.

6. Re: NVIDIA Responds to ATI PhysX Comments Mar 12, 2010, 22:49 Overon

Is the word "proprietary" now have a different meaning? Can NVIDIA allow AMD/ATI to support PhysX in their driver at no licensing cost? No? Then it's proprietary. Does Nvidia allow the use Physx for developers at no charge? They are saying yes. Can someone clear this up once and for all?  

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed
33. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Revealed Mar 12, 2010, 20:14 Overon

If it's not PC only then it won't be Deus Ex in anything but name. I'm afraid we will get another Invisible War.  

3870 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 59.
< Newer [ 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo