Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4048 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
46. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 24, 2011, 06:50 Overon

InBlack wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 04:14:
I cant believe that they are charging 60$ for this game. Painfully short single-player, sort-of-fun multiplayer but CO-OP only (does it have deathmatch of any kind at all??) The obvious porting problems, no Jump??? What the hell is this, Mass Effect?????
No it's a $60 console game for juveniles released on PC because it doesn't take much effort to make the unreal tech game work on PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo
99. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Feb 23, 2011, 21:42 Overon

It keeps crashing for me during the same cutscene where your mother speaks after fighting the first battle with your brother and sister. 3 times in a row.  

News Comments > On PC Bulletstorm
3. Re: On PC Bulletstorm Feb 23, 2011, 21:38 Overon

I will say it before others say, the devs don't care enough about the PC version. We wish they cared more but they don't.

Also games for windows live blows big time as usual.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Whodunit
3. Re: Half-Life 2 Whodunit Feb 21, 2011, 21:51 Overon

Alamar wrote on Feb 21, 2011, 21:22:
Only 2 years of slap-on-the-wrist, after what MUST have cost them HUNDREDS of millions of dollars in lost sales?

That's what piracy does, right?

-Alamar
Back the truck up... How does stealing the source code and then not compiling nor being able to play the game from that source code, cost hundreds of millions of dollars in lost sales?

News Comments > Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op
22. Re: Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op Feb 20, 2011, 21:18 Overon

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 17:02:
Tribes had skiing and it was good!
I love you. Will you marry me and we shall play Tribes forever together and have lovely Tribes babies.

News Comments > Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op
7. Re: Why There's No Bulletstorm Co-op Feb 20, 2011, 16:07 Overon

Yeah Homefront looks good. A COD clone. Time slows down for everyone except the player. The enemies just run in to be shot and your gun has no recoil. Looks like a great game. I am cringing. Must now every first person military shooter be a COD clone?

Well I guess there is Red Orchestra 2.

News Comments > BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up
1. Re: BioShock 2 DLC Mess Up Feb 19, 2011, 16:21 Overon

2k is incompetent. The bioshock 2 situation is a bunch of fuckups. Add one more to the list.  

News Comments > No Bulletstorm Editor
14. Re: No Bulletstorm Editor Feb 16, 2011, 17:05 Overon

Why would they spend resources to release an editor for a console centered game created for the purpose revenue generation in the period before gears of war 3 comes out? Also tools interfere with paid DLC content.

News Comments > Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week
3. Re: Retail Amnesia in N.A. Next Week Feb 15, 2011, 20:32 Overon

I enjoyed the game a lot.  

News Comments > Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming
55. Re: Crytek on the Crysis 2 Leak and PC Gaming Feb 14, 2011, 20:29 Overon

necrosis wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 20:08:
Fion wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 18:44:
The gameplay is indeed 'console centric'. Gone is the sandboxy style of the original (though it wasn't really a sandbox either), replaced tunnels and box shaped open air areas where somehow there is rubble blocking every path accept the one you are supposed to use to advance.

Other things that give away the games obvious 'we want to be CoD with aliens' aspects of the game?

FOV of 55.

No kickback on any weapons.

Lead by the hand gameplay. You don't learn your suit powers yourself but instead they are turned off until the tutorial pops up and 'lets' you use them.

I'm not saying the game is bad. Frankly I only played the first few levels because I don't want to ruin the experience when I get the game (and I am, though not immediately). But it was pretty sad to see what happened to the game. The graphics are nice (though unoptimized) and limited to 'medium' which still actually looks quite nice. But the gameplay is a tunnel shooter modeled almost exactly after Call of Duty. Frankly if there weren't any aliens or a nanosuit it would be hard to tell the difference.

My final 'beta review' would be a score of 75 ('maybe' 80 once it hits) that strives to be what the original game strived to avoid and that is to be a CoD clone. Frankly if not for the simple fact that I can go invisible, sneak around to an enemy placement, grab a guy and throw him into his enemies this game might be a 'wait for the $20 sale in a year' game.

If you enjoyed the first (as I did, I liked that I could approach many fights from a variety of way, this one you have really only one way to fight. If you come out of tunnel A to boxy open area B on a rooftop and there is a box of grenades and all the enemies are clumped together, you basically go with that option because any other would be pointless.
If this turns out in the final I will be sad panda.

I loved the "sandbox" method of C1. Bit different paths to each objective. You can run and gun or stealth. Long range or up in their face. Personally I liked stealth. Wish the game had throwing weapons (knives and what not) of some kind. Especially with the STR suit option. Tho throwing crates and barrels at bad guys was fun too.

But to quote many others this sounds a lot like just another CoD. Forced direction, play it this way not your way kind of thing.

I will probably enjoy the game or just wait till it comes down in price so my wallet does not yell at me for spending $60 on something that is not that fun.

I expect that the FOV can be changed via ini files. But the poor kickback and the cod\console style gameplay is something that cannot be fixed. I am majorly disappointed. It's not going to be worth 60 bucks I fear.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Bulletpoints Trailer
7. Re: Bulletstorm Bulletpoints Trailer Feb 14, 2011, 18:26 Overon

Did cliffy b ever grow up?  

News Comments > Portal 2 Preorders, Specs
20. Re: Portal 2 Preorders, Specs Feb 14, 2011, 18:12 Overon

MajorD wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 17:43:
StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 17:37:
Fion wrote on Feb 14, 2011, 17:08:
Dammit all these good games are coming out in the next few months and I'm trying to save my money lol.

Crysis 2
Portal 2
Dragon Age 2
Bulletstorm
Dawn of War 2
Shogun 2
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
etc...

Looking at the entire 2011 list and it is MASSIVE. This is a big year for gaming.

So many games, so little time. Sigh.......

You have to pick the cream of the crop and the genres you like the most.

News Comments > Warhammer 40K Ultramarines Free Screenings
6. Re: Warhammer 40K Ultramarines Free Screenings Feb 14, 2011, 18:01 Overon

What was so bad about it?  

News Comments > Paxton Fettel Playable Solo in F.E.A.R. 3
12. Re: Paxton Fettel Playable Solo in F.E.A.R. 3 Feb 14, 2011, 17:59 Overon

It's a shame that to increase the length of the game, they have to rely on the tired replay each level again with a different character. Maybe the story will be different I hope? But I doubt it.  

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
49. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 18:17 Overon

All the buzz surrounding the leak and the positive comments about the game will only increase sales.  

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
1. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Feb 8, 2011, 18:12 Overon

Any reviews of this or demo reviews? Does this game offer anything different from previous dungeon siege and diablo and torchlight?  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans
22. Re: Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans Feb 8, 2011, 17:56 Overon

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 15:15:
Overon wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 14:31:
Thank you for taking up the cause for our disabled players and letting us know about this problem.
Pleasing ignorance? Seems a little disengenuous. Yes this problem needed to be mentioned because no developer or manager thought of it while they were developing the game. If we didn't tell them that 2+2=4, they wouldn't know it is so. Yay us.

Really? Seriously?

You're saying that someone stood up and said "F*** the disabled, ship this thing!"

Come on.

Shit happens in development...of anything. Hell, Porsche didn't put cupholders in their 9-series bodies until after receiving letters from drivers aking, "Gee, where do I put my cup of coffee?" Seems obvious, but things can be missed.

I HIGHLY doubt that anyone did this either intentionally or maliciously. It's not like nudie art hidden in a WAD file or something.

^D^
No that's what you are saying. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that stuff like this happens because there is little economic reason to add remapping functions to a game that is primarily a console game. Same reason why it took the American with Disabilities Act to get handicapped people access to places. And the same reason why it took laws to get telephone companies to install telephone infrastructure in rural areas. It's not economical to do so.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans
15. Re: Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans Feb 8, 2011, 14:31 Overon

Thank you for taking up the cause for our disabled players and letting us know about this problem.
Pleading ignorance? Seems a little disengenuous. Yes this problem needed to be mentioned because no developer or manager thought of it while they were developing the game. If we didn't tell them that 2+2=4, they wouldn't know it is so. Yay us.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2011, 17:52.

News Comments > Disabled Gamer Petition
17. Re: Disabled Gamer Petition Feb 7, 2011, 23:03 Overon

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 23:00:

Fuck 'em. Gimps don't spend nearly as much money as the non-crippled.

Wow you can make fun of the handicap. What a rebel you are. Keep on truckin' there buddy.
You should have quoted his reply and noticed something. Also notice all that unusual blue space in his post? What could be in there?

News Comments > Disabled Gamer Petition
8. Re: Disabled Gamer Petition Feb 7, 2011, 21:55 Overon

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 21:22:
There is. I guess the point is to have it an option.. but part of me thinks that its not the responsibility of game makers to cater to EVERYONE.
Well with that attitude we would never have the Americans with Disabilities Act in the USA.. Nor would we have telephones or electricity in rural areas of the USA.

4048 Comments. 203 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo