Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3936 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patched
6. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Nov 2, 2010, 15:39 Overon

At least give credit to Relic for issuing a lot of patches to address bugs and making balance changes to make the game more balanced.

Relic is approaching companies like Valve and Blizzard in their post release support. That's to be applauded at the very least, even if you hate the design decisions of the game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patched
5. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Nov 2, 2010, 15:36 Overon

Surf wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 12:57:
Terrible series and Relic puts more time, money and energy into this piece of shit than all their other stuff combined.

Homeworld and Company of Heroes are their best games by far, wtf! Lets get some new content. Warhammer has always been gay as fuck.
I disagree. Warhammer 40K is a great little sci fi universe that's been created. Some of its elements have inspired a lot of fantasy and sci fi content. It of course was inspired by the same itself.

Also people might take you more seriously if you don't say things like "gay as fuck." Not that I'm saying that you can't say that. You can and you obviously did. Take that advice as you will. You will probably just stomp on it.

News Comments > Bronze & Demo Released
3. Re: Bronze & Demo Released Nov 2, 2010, 15:06 Overon

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 2, 2010, 13:00:
I'd try the demo, but apparently it's "88NB," which either indicates either a ridiculously small file, or something greater than the number of molecules in the known universe!

Nerdy correction: You mean atoms not molecules. There are far more atoms than molecules in the universe since atoms make up molecues. You stand corrected sir. You are welcome.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Patch & EA on MoH Quality
6. Re: Medal of Honor Patch & EA on MoH Quality Nov 2, 2010, 11:50 Overon

Ahhh the cry of the bad reviews. Listen up, you are following Modern Warfare 2. You are making a game that is very much like Modern Warfare 2. How do you expect to be judged? Maybe they should review your game like Modern Warfare 2 never existed? Reviews should be made in the context of what has been released before. It's what one calls progress.

Looks to me that the game is not meeting EA's expectations and they have to complain about it. I wish the guy had actually made legitmate points. But I doubt he will point out specific examples of reviews that backup his points.

News Comments > Tribes Universe Testing Signups
21. Re: Tribes Universe Testing Signups Oct 28, 2010, 16:09 Overon

and the skill system is much more similar to a game like EVE.
I'm not familiar with the EVE skill system. Someone describe it.
All character progression is designed to give more options in gameplay (not inherently greater player strength), levels are more for reputation
I don't believe this for a second. I think the guy may be exaggerating. MMO's need grinding to keep the subscriptions payments coming. Grinding toward something better gear.
there is a very limited amount of PvE.
PvE? How? Have Bioderms as cannon fodder for grinding purposes?

News Comments > BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived
2. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Revived Oct 27, 2010, 17:44 Overon

Where is that pc patch that they promised in June? Oh there it is, it's coming they decided to finish it. Can't wait to find out what they said they fixed but actually didn't.  

News Comments > Borderlands Patch Next Month
1. Re: Borderlands Patch Next Month Oct 27, 2010, 17:18 Overon

It's always about the loot to get you to play more. You'd think that they were charging a subscription for this.  

News Comments > Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark
28. Re: Blizzard on the DOTA Trademark Oct 25, 2010, 18:58 Overon

Cutter wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 16:53:
Rattlehead wrote on Oct 25, 2010, 14:49:
Yea a developer trying to make more money, who would of thought right? Jeez what fucking planet do you live on? Like all companies, profit is number 1 in mind. Do you even know what greed means?

Stop acting like they owe you.

That's patently false. And we're talking about companies that at one time really were for the community. There just seems to be some tipping point here related to age and size where that very sadly goes by the wayside and then it really does become solely about profit and that's when they start to fail.
Activision-Blizzard is a publicly traded company. Their primary obligation is to their shareholders. That tends to emphasize short term profits over long term vision. They also tend to be more risk averse.

Valve is a private company. Which means a tendency to the exact opposite of Activision-Blizzard in risk and long term vision.

That's the bottom line.

News Comments > TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced
12. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 24, 2010, 16:00 Overon

Warskull wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 15:37:
Sepharo wrote on Oct 24, 2010, 14:09:
The Global Agenda guys must be doing well to buy the Tribes IP.

Pretty damn ambitious list of features there too.

I really hope they pull it off but the realist in me says they won't.

The studio is backed by someone who has a ton of money to burn.

Global Agenda is a horrible game and the developers don't have the talent to pull something like Tribes off.
Even if they had the talent, tribes is complex with a high learning curve and that is the antithesis to a successful mmo.

News Comments > TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced
3. Re: TRIBES Acquired, Tribes Universe Announced Oct 24, 2010, 14:20 Overon

It will probably have a subscription cost. I'm pretty much out then.

And I doubt they will make Tribes Universe what made Tribes 1 and 2 so great. The Tribes franchise appealed to hardcore players with tons of skill and a large learning curve. I doubt that is a formula for a successful mmo.

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1
16. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 20:51 Overon

Little kids getting hurt is not funny to me. Clearly your mileage may vary.  

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Drivers & Hotfix
6. Re: New AMD/ATI Drivers & Hotfix Oct 22, 2010, 15:57 Overon

You can wipe your ass with anecdotes about amd vs nvidia.

Read lots of reviews, do your homework, and make a choice based on evidence and reason.

News Comments > PT Boats - South Gambit Trailer
2. Re: PT Boats - South Gambit Trailer Oct 20, 2010, 19:47 Overon

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.  

News Comments > Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details
11. Re: Fallout: New Vegas Diaries, Launch Details Oct 18, 2010, 22:03 Overon

Bah I'm going to be the curmudgeon who says that it's not real Fallout. It's Oblivion with guns!  

News Comments > EA Bashing
110. Re: EA Bashing Oct 14, 2010, 07:08 Overon

He who says someone is "whining," would call the "whining" a legitimate complain if he agreed with it. But he doesn't hence calling it "whining."  

News Comments > PT Boats South Gambit Announced
1. Re: PT Boats South Gambit Announced Oct 12, 2010, 21:21 Overon

PT Boats was an unfinished mess that they never fixed. Why would anyone trust them to release a standalone expansion?  

News Comments > Games/TV and "Significant Psychological Difficulties"
16. Re: Games/TV and Oct 11, 2010, 18:15 Overon

I don't need a study to tell me that you will have "significant psychological difficulties" from playing games/watching tv too much ....
Actually you do. Being scientifically illiterate is an obstacle for evaluating people's claims. Everyday you are bombarded by claims and if you are scientifically illiterate or more generally, lack critical thinking skills, you are ill-equipped to determine what is true or what is not. Common sense only goes so far. There are many things that do not get along with common sense yet they are true and vice versa.

News Comments > Games/TV and "Significant Psychological Difficulties"
10. Re: Games/TV and Oct 11, 2010, 14:53 Overon

Studies based on self reported data are as good as toilet paper.
I think you are exaggerating a bit. They are not as good as toilet paper they are better than toilet paper. But there are some inherent flaws that is the property of all self reported studies.

From wikipedia:
Self-reported answers may be exaggerated; respondents may be too embarrassed to reveal private details; various biases may affect the results, like social desirability bias. Subjects may also forget pertinent details.

It is also possible for results to be biased by a lack of respondents, if there are systematic differences between people who respond and people who do not. Care must be taken to avoid biases due to interviewers and their demand characteristics.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2010, 00:37 Overon

"Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one"

People have been known to omit the anti religion lyrics in this song.

News Comments > BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Scrapped
32. Re: BioShock 2 PC DLC Plans Scrapped Oct 10, 2010, 00:14 Overon

There was a patch coming for PC and it's never going to arrive:
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88830

I would suggest people keep this pc gamer travesty in mind when bioshock infinite comes out. Think twice.

3936 Comments. 197 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo