Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4034 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > Crytek Responds to Crysis 2 Leak
49. Re: Crytek responds to Crysis 2 Leak Feb 12, 2011, 18:17 Overon

All the buzz surrounding the leak and the positive comments about the game will only increase sales.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
1. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Feb 8, 2011, 18:12 Overon

Any reviews of this or demo reviews? Does this game offer anything different from previous dungeon siege and diablo and torchlight?  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans
22. Re: Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans Feb 8, 2011, 17:56 Overon

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 15:15:
Overon wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 14:31:
Thank you for taking up the cause for our disabled players and letting us know about this problem.
Pleasing ignorance? Seems a little disengenuous. Yes this problem needed to be mentioned because no developer or manager thought of it while they were developing the game. If we didn't tell them that 2+2=4, they wouldn't know it is so. Yay us.

Really? Seriously?

You're saying that someone stood up and said "F*** the disabled, ship this thing!"

Come on.

Shit happens in development...of anything. Hell, Porsche didn't put cupholders in their 9-series bodies until after receiving letters from drivers aking, "Gee, where do I put my cup of coffee?" Seems obvious, but things can be missed.

I HIGHLY doubt that anyone did this either intentionally or maliciously. It's not like nudie art hidden in a WAD file or something.

^D^
No that's what you are saying. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that stuff like this happens because there is little economic reason to add remapping functions to a game that is primarily a console game. Same reason why it took the American with Disabilities Act to get handicapped people access to places. And the same reason why it took laws to get telephone companies to install telephone infrastructure in rural areas. It's not economical to do so.

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans
15. Re: Dead Space 2 Key Remap Patch Plans Feb 8, 2011, 14:31 Overon

Thank you for taking up the cause for our disabled players and letting us know about this problem.
Pleading ignorance? Seems a little disengenuous. Yes this problem needed to be mentioned because no developer or manager thought of it while they were developing the game. If we didn't tell them that 2+2=4, they wouldn't know it is so. Yay us.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2011, 17:52.

News Comments > Disabled Gamer Petition
17. Re: Disabled Gamer Petition Feb 7, 2011, 23:03 Overon

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 23:00:

Fuck 'em. Gimps don't spend nearly as much money as the non-crippled.

Wow you can make fun of the handicap. What a rebel you are. Keep on truckin' there buddy.
You should have quoted his reply and noticed something. Also notice all that unusual blue space in his post? What could be in there?

News Comments > Disabled Gamer Petition
8. Re: Disabled Gamer Petition Feb 7, 2011, 21:55 Overon

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 21:22:
There is. I guess the point is to have it an option.. but part of me thinks that its not the responsibility of game makers to cater to EVERYONE.
Well with that attitude we would never have the Americans with Disabilities Act in the USA.. Nor would we have telephones or electricity in rural areas of the USA.

News Comments > 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall
1. Re: 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall Feb 4, 2011, 10:14 Overon

64 players? Tribes 2 had that over 10 years ago.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes Online Closing
14. Re: Company of Heroes Online Closing Feb 1, 2011, 18:53 Overon

aeonos wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 16:07:
Great game and a great franchise - i certainly hope this isn't the end of Company of Heroes.
steep learning curve as an obstacle to new players trying to get started in Company of Heroes Online.
really?

That's why they developed dawn of war 2.

News Comments > On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL
29. Re: On Bulletstorm DRM and GFWL Jan 30, 2011, 20:57 Overon

Other developers like Relic have said no to GFWL. Once again Epic doesn't get it about PC games. But I don't think they care at all.  

News Comments > PT Boats: South Gambit Interview
2. Re: PT Boats: South Gambit Interview Jan 30, 2011, 01:42 Overon

Bah the game and its devs lose all credibility.  

News Comments > On Magicka's Bugs
6. Re: On Magicka's Bugs Jan 28, 2011, 13:01 Overon

The quote is disingenuous. Very basic functionality is tested in Q&A and the very basics don't work right. Unless the chance of these things happpening is so low, they had to know about it. But at least now they are making ammends so they will be foregiven by me at least.  

News Comments > Planet Calypso Sold for $6M
9. Re: Planet Calypso Sold for $6M Jan 27, 2011, 21:44 Overon

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 21:17:
Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 21:00:
Fools and their money.

Nope. Just people who don't have to worry about money like you do.
I think you are both wrong and the truth is somewhere between your respective extremes.

News Comments > Magicka Free DLC, Trailer
3. Re: Magicka Free DLC, Trailer Jan 27, 2011, 16:03 Overon

Do you feel the love from the devs. It feels more warm than the love from Valve even.

But still they should not have released the game in such a state but at least they are trying to make ammends.

News Comments > Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues
4. Re: Magicka #1 on Steam, Bug Hunt Continues Jan 26, 2011, 10:40 Overon

The game is broken, especially the multiplayer. Single player stutters even on much faster rigs than the requirements stated. They have acknolwedged this and it's a priority to fix in the patches. Yesterday's patch helped and reading the steam forums, an official rep says that they will be releasing another patch today. The game was clearly released too early but they are doing a fantastic job communicating the problems and letting people know about the solutions. Read the official magicka steam forums for details.

This game will be really good when they patch it up and I have no doubt they will based on their communications on the steam forums.

News Comments > Magicka Patched
11. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 26, 2011, 06:50 Overon

ou're probably right. In any case, I picked it up on Steam. Played the first couple levels, really fun game. Doesn't seem very optimized though, runs a bit clunky and I've got a relatively high end gaming PC. Hopefully after some patches things clean up, but it's certainly an innovative game.
I have everything set to high and I have a high end PC and yet when moving around the scrolling of the environment is chunky like I'm getting low fps.

News Comments > Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3
3. Re: Game Health Warning Legislation, Take 3 Jan 25, 2011, 20:09 Overon

I would like to see him try to put that label on movies. Oh that's right, that's settled law and only a fool would try to do that.  

News Comments > Magicka and Demo Now Available
8. Re: Magicka and Demo Now Available Jan 25, 2011, 16:05 Overon

Demos make give me a warm fuzzy fealing.  

News Comments > Magicka Patched
3. Re: Magicka Patched Jan 25, 2011, 16:02 Overon

I shall try the demo.  

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Live Event Today
5. Re: Dead Space 2 Live Event Today Jan 24, 2011, 17:22 Overon

If you guys played this on the pc, how could you stand the controls?  

News Comments > Direct2Drive Game Rentals
29. Re: Direct2Drive Game Rentals Jan 23, 2011, 10:21 Overon

This will give a precedent to dev to stop making proper demos and force everybody pay money for this.
I think for multiplatform games, that ship has sailed and it's already happening.
I don't see many publishers agreeing to this, just the most financially hurting ones.

4034 Comments. 202 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo