Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3839 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

News Comments > OnLive Review
5. Re: OnLive Review Jul 10, 2010, 17:28 Overon

We told you so. Those of us who are moved by reason and evidence told you so.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
25. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 9, 2010, 22:36 Overon

I see angels Mickey.... No Malarie, they are realID's
Now they are gone Mickey... Yes Malarie, they were not real.
Natural Born Killers

News Comments > Disciples III: Renaissance Demo
11. Re: Disciples III: Renaissance Demo Jul 8, 2010, 20:27 Overon

These days a demo is a special thing and I don't care how big the demo is, demos are a good thing.  

News Comments > OnLive Latency Evaluation
25. Re: Seriously? Jul 8, 2010, 10:36 Overon

I can hear thousands of people who understand the reality of the Internet yelling all at once "I told you so!".

Sweet vindication.

Some games where high lag is not an issue will work fine on OnLive just fine. Just not the high profile games where latency matters a lot.

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2010, 10:47.

News Comments > Games for Windows vs. Activision
37. Re: Games for Windows vs. Activision Jul 6, 2010, 19:04 Overon

People in glass houses shouldn't cast stones right Microsoft? How is that Games for Windows bullshit working out? Oh what's that? Making PC more console like doesn't work as well as you would have hoped with Games for Windows Live? Didn't you do any market research and focus group testing?  

News Comments > More on Blizzard's Real ID
27. Re: More on Blizzard's Real ID Jul 6, 2010, 18:36 Overon

Blizzard: can they do anything wrong?  

News Comments > Natural Selection 2 Hydra Trailer
1. Re: Natural Selection 2 Hydra Trailer Jul 3, 2010, 12:08 Overon

I'm excited.  

News Comments > THQ: Warhammer 40K MMOG "Going to be a Masterpiece"
1. Re: THQ: Warhammer 40K MMOG "Going to be a Masterpiece" Jul 1, 2010, 22:09 Overon

Self-serving statements.  

News Comments > Epic on PC Gaming
4. Re: Epic on PC Gaming Jul 1, 2010, 22:02 Overon

Epic has little credibility left when speaking about PC games. Gears of War came out on PC. Where is Gears of War 2 on PC?  

News Comments > Intel Drops Project Offset
6. Re: Intel Drops Project Offset Jul 1, 2010, 20:02 Overon

It always surprises me how people are wowed by tech demos. Tech demos do not a game make. Project Offset I speculate will be vaporware.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Singularity
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Singularity Jun 29, 2010, 18:25 Overon

BobBob wrote on Jun 29, 2010, 17:20:
Linux dedicated public servers?

Lean?
In your dreams. This is a console port where they can't even get basic PC FPS standards right.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Singularity
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Singularity Jun 29, 2010, 14:43 Overon

From the performance review found here:
http://www.techspot.com/review/294-singularity-performance/page10.html
It's unfortunate that Singularity adds another episode to the series of games that are released only to need a patch or two from day zero. In all fairness, if it were not for the glaring texture streaming problem, Singularity would likely be one of the most polished games we have looked at this year. In terms of stability we found the game to be rock solid when testing almost two dozen graphics card configurations as well as a range of platforms
and
If you need an answer on why AA is not a default option, look at our tests where we forced Nvidia hardware to run with 4xAA. In short, we often saw performance hits as high as 50%. The lack of anti-aliasing support and the omission of many graphical settings unfortunately scream console port. The few visual quality settings include the ability to enable or disable High Quality Decals, Bloom, Depth of Field and Distortion, all of which were enabled for testing.

News Comments > Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround
31. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 21:23 Overon

Please don't derail this thread with piracy talk. It's probably too late as the pirate recriminations continue...  

30. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 21:18 Overon

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Jun 27, 2010, 19:04:
Well, that's disappointing. Here's hoping for an actual fix.

Are we still giving the line about traitorous former PC-exclusive devs "forgetting what made them/how they got to be where they are" etc? It's like people think morality has any bearing on it.

A FAQ on basic capitalism should be required reading before joining PC game forums, I swear...
You are of course right, point taken.

10. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 19:02 Overon

Let's cut through the extraneous crap in this thread that is distracting from the main issue ask ourselves why a game for PC would ship in such a state? Does the texture streaming work properly on the consoles? I would hope so. If it doesn't work on consoles either, then I will get that PC chip off my shoulder  

2. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 15:45 Overon

Can't pin this on Epic so quickly. Raven software got to be where they are from PC gaming. Yet how can anyone say this is a PC game when the most obvious and basic testing would reveal the flaw? And then to bury variables that in other Unreal Engine games can be edited in ASCII files inside a binary file, requiring text editing is yet another failure by Raven.

If you are looking for a PC FPS, make sure you really look into whether Raven's Singularity is a true PC FPS. Reviews will tell eventually.

News Comments > Activision: Infinity Ward Situation "Unique and Unfortunate"
7. Re: Activision: Infinity Ward Situation Jun 25, 2010, 15:29 Overon

What does he expect to say? He said 2/3 of the people from the former Infinity Ward are still there? Is that true? Regardless, what does one expect him to say? He's making public statements so he's going to make them as rose and optimistic as possible. You can't spin losing major talent and a major franchise any better than he did.  

News Comments > Deus Ex Anniversary, Sale
1. Re: Deus Ex Anniversary, Sale Jun 22, 2010, 22:07 Overon

If you are thinking of paying 2.50 for invisible war don't. Take it from the lead developer. His comments will tell you why:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGIdYl2oN74

News Comments > On OnLive Game Prices
14. Re: On OnLive Game Prices Jun 21, 2010, 22:39 Overon

Bottom line:
I pay full retail price to rent the game for a limited time plus the cost of OnLive subscription and I get a guarantee a minimum of 3 years of use and after that, some games I may continue to rent while other go away at the discretion of OnLive and the publishers, in which case I am left with nothing.

Has anyone reviews this OnLive thing and discussed the lag? Unless the experience is perfect, I don't see many hardcore gamers doing this.

News Comments > MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)?
2. Re: MS Recommitted to PC Gaming (Again)? Jun 21, 2010, 17:14 Overon

A core game is whatever game Microsoft marketing is told to push.  

3839 Comments. 192 pages. Viewing page 51.
< Newer [ 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo