Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3870 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
36. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 2, 2013, 10:00 Overon

Hold on everyone. Hasn't this going online requirement to go offline been like this for years and now they are saying it's not working as intended and you shouldn't have to periodically go online so you can go offline? What?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Launch Trailer
3. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Launch Trailer Oct 23, 2013, 22:14 Overon

This time I won't play it like I played the first 2 trying to get all the unlockables. I will play the main storyline and I will get many of the unlockables more naturally through the course of the storyline instead of TRYING to get them.  

News Comments > CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM
23. Re: CoD Ghost Requires 6MB of RAM Oct 23, 2013, 21:58 Overon

I have 8 GB and I don't know why. I don't really multitask lots of apps and no game comes close to taking more than 4 GB. Maybe now we will have less loading as more RAM can be used but if we see no benefit then I will get angry, like Hulk. You don't want to see Overon angry.  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer
11. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins 17 Minute Trailer Oct 21, 2013, 18:47 Overon

I'm sure this game is going to be good like the others, however having played all the others, these animations and moves are identical to the last batman game. Besides the story and a couple of new enemies and gadgets, is there anything new? After watching this video I got a serious sense of deja vu and I'm a discerning gamer who thinks this is too similar to Arkham city.  

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
11. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 18:33 Overon

Even in the press release "apology" they are being misleading. Fuck Wild Game Studios. It's a shame that they probably have decent people working for them and the actions of a few have tainted the company. The CEO Stephane and possibly others have made a terrible mistake and bullying tactics by him deserve some sort of censure.

P.S. Look at their portfolio of games, seem like shovel-ware to me. Also filing false DMCA's is illegal.

This comment was edited on Oct 21, 2013, 18:40.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
19. Re: Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained Oct 20, 2013, 18:41 Overon

People have certain expectations when they play a game. However with the mobile platform, kickstarter, early access, greenlight, there is an avalanche of crap games. It seems to me that being profitable is a lot easier and as a result there is more crap then ever out there. It's really more games = more crap games.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released
32. Re: Star Citizen Hits $21M; Video & Hangar Patch Released Oct 14, 2013, 17:59 Overon

I have been disappointed too many times by claims and then when reality set in the claims were not justified.

I hope for the best (not that this changes reality in anyway) but I will believe it when I see it. Right now I suspend judgement.

News Comments > Thief Gameplay Trailer
39. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 10, 2013, 17:41 Overon

Scheherazade wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 18:25:
Overon wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 17:35:
I wanted Thief style game. I did not want Thief with the Dishonored style "supernatural" powers. Dishonored was very good however. Dishonored Thief is what we are getting, sadly.

Not sure if you played the later thief games, but as the series went on there was more and more occult stuff going on.

-scheherazade
I have played all Thief games. I'm talking about the supernatural powers of Garrett.

38. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 10, 2013, 17:39 Overon

1badmf wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 18:07:
Overon wrote on Oct 9, 2013, 17:35:
I wanted Thief style game. I did not want Thief with the Dishonored style "supernatural" powers. Dishonored was very good however. Dishonored Thief is what we are getting, sadly.

where did you see supernatural powers? i didn't see any magic in this clip. a few poofy stealing effects, but nothing i would call magical. funny considering how a previous poster was complaining about how this wasnt supernatural and mystical like the original.
The black smoke and the slow motion and change in graphics filter, those are the supernatural powers. You can also view other trailers, gameplay trailers from E3 that show continuous gameplay and you shall see the supernatural powers.

17. Re: Thief Gameplay Trailer Oct 9, 2013, 17:35 Overon

News Comments > Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed
6. Re: Half-Life 3 EU TM Removed Oct 5, 2013, 13:49 Overon

I believe, on no good evidence, that they are making HL3 still.  

News Comments > Half-Life 3 TMed
5. Re: Half-Life 3 TMed Oct 1, 2013, 21:19 Overon

I don't know where I read it, but someone suggested Valve charge full price for Half Life 3 on Windows Steam and release it for free on SteamOS. That would give SteamOS a big boost.  

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
9. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 22:49 Overon

The Thief demo at E3 had low FOV, quicktime events, low resolution textures, dishonored game mechanics, and was an assassination simulator with call of duty style "xp" for headshots. It's not Thief. It's an imposter. I weep in my rage.  

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
8. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 25, 2013, 22:43 Overon

I want the original thief that was a thief not an assassin like in assassin's creed. Yeah I'm bitter.  

News Comments > Alien Rage Trailer
8. Re: Alien Rage Trailer Sep 23, 2013, 18:18 Overon

It's more like a first person Gears of War without the cover system and prettier graphics but dumber enemies. Check out the youtube videos, it plays more like the brain dead Serious Sam series. Hey but some people like that.  

News Comments > SteamOS Announced
83. Re: SteamOS Announced Sep 23, 2013, 18:13 Overon

If it wasn't for games, I would probably be using GNU/Linux instead of Microsoft Windows. If more game ran natively on GNU/Linux I would not be using Microsoft Windows.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
4. Re: NS 257? Sep 22, 2013, 10:02 Overon

My ns2 says build says 257 in game.  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
2. Re: Saturday Patches Sep 21, 2013, 21:15 Overon

The developer actually posted that they decided to break their rule about patching on Friday's.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Launches
21. Re: MechWarrior Online Launches Sep 18, 2013, 19:15 Overon

Endo wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 16:02:
JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 18, 2013, 14:45:
I played the older MechWarrior games long ago, so was curious about this one. However, after watching numerous videos, it looks to be incredibly repetitive. Are you not just doing the same thing over and over again indefinitely?

Yes. And apparently with the changes made throughout the last few months, only sniping builds are viable now. So you're REALLY just doing the same thing over and over indefinitely.
Actually gauss and ppc builds WERE the only viable options as of 3 patches ago. Now the only viable builds are brawlers (that's close range fighting mechs). That's because of the changes they made to gauss and ppc.

I kind of feel bad for the devs sometimes. I remember when Mechwarrior Online was better called LRM Warrior Online because of all the long range missile spam. To counter that they introduced the ability for some mechs to carry ECM (electronic counter measures) that made it take longer for LRM mechs to lock on to the ECM mechs as well as other mechs in the circle of ECM influence. The ECM had to be weakened because it was too protective against LRM spam and against targeting in general.

Then everyone had guass or ppc sniper builds and they put them in JJ (jump jet) capable mechs which resulted in pop-tarting (jumping up from cover straight up and firing ppc's or gauss and falling behind cover giving your opponent little time to target you). That became all the rage so they nerfed that by introducing reticle shake when you JJed (which made it a lot harder to successfully target an enemy because your aiming reticule would shake wildly for most of the JJ time). Everyone realized that gauss and ppc boats were the shit everyone had a sniper build with these weapons.

For a long time people built mechs that was characterized as "boating" like in LRM boating or SSRM (short range missle) boating. All that meant was you filled your mech with a large number of the same weapon. For example the infamous 4 PPC's mechs. So to counter these "boat" builds, they introduced a new mecahnic called heat scale which was derogatorily called "ghost heat" Basically if you fired more than 2 weapons of within a short time frame, your mech generated extra heat. It wasn't linear. If you fired 3 Large Lasers it was not equivalent 3x the heat, it was 3x heat plus some factor which destroyed "boat" builds. Everyone stopped boating after that patch.

Then they increased the heat of the PPC's and required holding down fire button to charge up the gauss before firing. Which destroyed all the sniper builds and that's where we are now, every mech is a short range brawler. No more LRM boats, or gauss or sniper boats. It's lasers, autocannons, and short range missles ie brawling weapons. They have not yet reached that magical balance and after all this time and all the community suggestions to fix the weapon balance without introducing complicated new game mechanics like "ghost heat," many have low hopes they ever will.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
48. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 17:06 Overon

Don't trust Randy Pitchford. Remember Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines.  

3870 Comments. 194 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo