Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3906 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam
23. Re: Ubisoft Titles Return to Steam Nov 8, 2014, 08:42 Overon

Ubisoft needs Steam more than Steam needs Ubisoft.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
87. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 21:53 Overon

Fuck Ubisoft. That's my bottom line. If you care you may ask "why the vitriol Overon?" Well the most recent example is the total bullshit that Ubisoft developers are slinging about how 30 fps being more "cinematic" than 60+ fps and is therefore superior and what gamers want. All the evidence for the last 20+ years of PC gaming shows that to be false. They are insulting your and my intelligence. Not only that but saying that is totally self serving. Ubisoft appears to want framerate performance parity across all consoles and PC, even though the PS4 and especially the PC can do a whole lot better than Xbox One. But parity means that the lowest common denominator is what the PC gets. They are pedaling 30 fps on lower than 1080p resolutions and calling it progress. That's just the latest example.
This video sums up some past examples:
fuck ubisoft

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 2014, 22:17.

News Comments > The Talos Principle Tech Demo
2. Re: The Talos Principle Tech Demo Nov 6, 2014, 19:29 Overon

I tried it. There is a lot of Jewish mythology. With Elohim (one of the names for God in the Jewish Torah and Christian Old Testament) saying he created you from dust. Weird, if you go to third person you look like some kind robot. There is also Christian imagery. Is this going to have other religious mythology in it? The videos seem to indicate Hellenistic mythology as well. It's an interesting puzzle game. I would put it on par with the Portal series.  

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Reveal
45. Re: Star Citizen FPS Reveal Nov 2, 2014, 19:35 Overon

I remember playing on "0 g" servers in quakeworld. I expect more from a game that sells $100+ ships and has gotten over $59 million in crowdfunding. Also those stage demos and the dress up that Chris Roberts likes too do looks too be emulating a cult leader. And I only say cult leader half jokingly.  

News Comments > Evolve Big Alpha Underway
17. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 18:51 Overon

siapnar wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 18:43:
$69.99 for this game seems pretty fucking loopy
That is a crazy price.

15. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 18:30 Overon

Wetworks24 wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 18:02:
SimplyMonk wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:48:
Overon wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:19:
You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat.

Does what your monster eat actually matter? I was hunting for details about that on the Wiki and all I found mention of was that you choose abilities to unlock as your monster levels up and different creatures were just worth different amounts of monster XP.

Haven't had a chance to play a monster yet. Maybe later tonight.

Some of the tougher creatures can drop power ups that you can use.
I thought those power-ups were only for hunters.

13. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 17:44 Overon

SimplyMonk wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:48:
Overon wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 16:19:
You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat.

Does what your monster eat actually matter? I was hunting for details about that on the Wiki and all I found mention of was that you choose abilities to unlock as your monster levels up and different creatures were just worth different amounts of monster XP.

Haven't had a chance to play a monster yet. Maybe later tonight.
Only in the sense of different creatures different amounts of XP. It would be better if the type of creatures you ate had an effect, like xenomorphs in the alien series. Their hosts DNA has effect on their form and behavior and abilities. But sadly that does not seem it's going to be the case for Evolve.

10. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Oct 31, 2014, 16:19 Overon

Disagree with yoaur reasoning but not your conclusion. You change over time in response to your environment, specifically what and how much you eat. Of course it takes place on a tiny timescale so Embiggen is not bad.

Also the "monster" in this game are the hunters. They are the aggressors. Why can't they just leave the creature alone? The creature is the victim here. The creature is just defending itself against their unprovoked aggression.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media
7. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Regicide Media Oct 23, 2014, 17:50 Overon

Once again excellent use of the license. Another piece of shovelware from a shovelware developer. Yes I'm bitter.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2014, 17:55.

News Comments > Hatred Announced
47. Re: Hatred Announced Oct 17, 2014, 18:58 Overon

This is different. This is the mortal kombat and the soldier of fortune of the 2010's. Long black hair, trenchcoat, probably listens to metal as well. Talks like Elliot Rodger.  

News Comments > The Evil Within > 30 FPS "Not Supported"
64. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 14:23 Overon

Fantaz wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 13:59:
I like that companies are at least being honest now letting us know about these things, like AC Unity having 900p/30fps/etc, instead of never saying anything only for us to discover these details after the games ship.
Yes they deserve props for being upfront about it.

62. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 14:15 Overon

I forgot that this is id's tech 5 so its likely to suffer from ugly up close textures and texture pop in issues.  

37. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 12:57 Overon

Timmeh wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 12:27:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 9, 2014, 10:24:
No thanks.

There is no excuse for targeting 30fps on PC. I don't have a problem with a 'cinematic mode' that limits the aspect ratio and framerate but that should be optional. The game should be designed to use the full screen resolution and support 60fps minimum.

This is clearly a console port.

every game does not need to run at 250 fps or even 60 fps. A survival horror game is a certain kind of game. Having a constant 30 FPS with no slowdowns is the best option when you are going for a cinematic experience. Especially Survival horror. Everything is slower and more deliberate in these games.

This is what the GAME DESIGNER chose for the GAME EXPERIENCE. He's not making a game thinking about all the whiney ass spoiled 4 year old my ice cream is cold and I have the depth of a mud puddle in Arizona PC forum poster.

I'm sorry but you are so wrong. No game designer chooses 30 fps. They only go that route when they cannot get higher frame rates from their engine and the hardware it's running on. Every game designer knows about human visual perception and 60 fps is always better than 30. This has been tested so many times and the myth of 30 fps has been debunked so many times that its tiring. Soon you will tell me that we use only x% of our brain.

36. Re: The Evil Within > 30 FPS Oct 9, 2014, 12:48 Overon

This announcement is a red flag for a shitty console port.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
41. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 27, 2014, 01:53 Overon

Is this going to have the ugly close up textures and texture pop in we all know from other idtech 5 games?  

News Comments > Gauntlet Released
16. Re: Gauntlet Released Sep 23, 2014, 23:46 Overon

People are complaining that many standard PC game 16:10 resolutions are not supported. For example 1080p or 1920x1200. Mouse and keyboard is not re-bindable either. Can someone confirm?  

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
18. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 06:55 Overon

I have seen the gameplay videos. I just can't suspend my disbelief. You hide behind conveniently sized boxes and furniture from the alien. You can peak where you can see it, but it can't see you. This doesn't seem remotely plausible. It's not something that seems to fit with the universe. The alien seems like a dumb AI guard found in so many games.  

News Comments > Transverse Announced
12. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 22:42 Overon

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 22:04:
Overon wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 17:51:
Oh boy. Piranha Games Inc have pumped MWO and they will be dumping it soon without delivering on the promis

As much as I wish it weren't true, I have to agree with you on this. My very first thought on reading this announcement was exactly that. I never paid anything into MWO (thankfully) but I did play it a while and followed the community. I had considered paying in but after seeing things like the Clans...it was pretty clear what they were doing.
I figured out pretty quickly what the business model was. Selling mechs. I figured that out when all the new updates mostly had new mechs as the only new content.

11. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 22:41 Overon

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 19:28:
I very politely asked for a refund on MWO. I didn't expect I would receive one, but I actually got scolded for asking. That was amazing.

So yeah good luck with this one.
Did you get one? I heard lots of people asked and got them.

2. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 17:51 Overon

Oh boy. Piranha Games Inc have pumped MWO and they will be dumping it soon without delivering on the promises made to the founders who paid for their development of the game. I still remember the rage about the broken promises that were made and this article summarizes it nicely:
http://www.gamefront.com/mechwarrior-online-forum-ragesplosion/

Don't trust what Piranha games says.

Notice that they disabled comments in their YouTube video announcing the game. And I see that the down voting of the video has begun in earnest. They should have disabled that as well but instead.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2014, 18:02.

3906 Comments. 196 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo