Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 3890 (Veteran)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Alien Isolation Specs
18. Re: Alien Isolation Specs Sep 11, 2014, 06:55 Overon

I have seen the gameplay videos. I just can't suspend my disbelief. You hide behind conveniently sized boxes and furniture from the alien. You can peak where you can see it, but it can't see you. This doesn't seem remotely plausible. It's not something that seems to fit with the universe. The alien seems like a dumb AI guard found in so many games.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Transverse Announced
12. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 22:42 Overon

NewMaxx wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 22:04:
Overon wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 17:51:
Oh boy. Piranha Games Inc have pumped MWO and they will be dumping it soon without delivering on the promis

As much as I wish it weren't true, I have to agree with you on this. My very first thought on reading this announcement was exactly that. I never paid anything into MWO (thankfully) but I did play it a while and followed the community. I had considered paying in but after seeing things like the Clans...it was pretty clear what they were doing.
I figured out pretty quickly what the business model was. Selling mechs. I figured that out when all the new updates mostly had new mechs as the only new content.

11. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 22:41 Overon

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 19:28:
I very politely asked for a refund on MWO. I didn't expect I would receive one, but I actually got scolded for asking. That was amazing.

So yeah good luck with this one.
Did you get one? I heard lots of people asked and got them.

2. Re: Transverse Announced Sep 9, 2014, 17:51 Overon

Oh boy. Piranha Games Inc have pumped MWO and they will be dumping it soon without delivering on the promises made to the founders who paid for their development of the game. I still remember the rage about the broken promises that were made and this article summarizes it nicely:
http://www.gamefront.com/mechwarrior-online-forum-ragesplosion/

Don't trust what Piranha games says.

Notice that they disabled comments in their YouTube video announcing the game. And I see that the down voting of the video has begun in earnest. They should have disabled that as well but instead.

This comment was edited on Sep 9, 2014, 18:02.

News Comments > Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed
29. Re: Australian Steam Refund Demands Detailed Sep 5, 2014, 09:22 Overon

Australians have their Australian Consumer Law which gives their people unheard of consumer rights (by USA standards). It's nice to see that this kind of thing is possible. Of course there is no chance of something like that passing in the USA. The Australians have people in place whose job it is to enforce it. That's what they are doing. Valve is not above the Australian Consumer Law.

Valve can help mitigate this by exercising some quality control instead of letting shovelware "early access" flood their service.

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Today
14. Re: Dead Rising 3 Tomorrow; Launch Trailer Today Sep 5, 2014, 08:55 Overon

born2expire wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 00:18:
You can bypass the 30FPS lock, BUT unless you can run the game at a steady 60FPS strange things will happen.

I've got SLI'ed 780ti's so I'm not worried in the least
SLI support is not in on launch, FYI. They say they will add it. It's a shitty PC port after all and there is no SLI on consoles. I saw totalbiscuit's video and the frame rate is terrible even when you unlock it on very powerful hardware. We have to face the fact that it's a shitty unoptimized PC port. There is no reason why you cannot run 60 fps constantly on a game that isn't very graphically impressive on $500+ worth of graphics hardware.

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
7. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:08 Overon

I wonder how many innocents this will snag.  

News Comments > Open Letter to the Gaming Community
29. Re: Open Letter to the Gaming Community Sep 2, 2014, 17:25 Overon

Has anyone noticed that when someone complains and one does not agree with the complaint, it's characterized as "whining". It's only "whining" when you disagree. I have a different perspective. I'm tired of the drama as well. However, just because I'm tired of it, that doesn't and shouldn't prevent others from talking about it. Just as I would not want to stop people from describing complaints they do not like as "whining," I don't want to stop the people who are complaining either. I say my approach is pretty even handed. The way you fight bad speech is with more speech.

This comment was edited on Sep 2, 2014, 17:51.

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
2. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:14 Overon

I thought Google bought them? I wonder what the terms were compared to what google was offering.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2014, 17:35.

News Comments > Op Ed
45. Re: Op Ed Aug 25, 2014, 00:23 Overon

Game "journalism" is largely a joke. There are conflicts of interest not disclosed. Opinions are influenced by trading publicity for access or other perks.

People sometimes act hypocritically. They say one thing and do the very thing that contradicts what they said.

Disagreements on the internet come from the so called "call out" culture. There is a tendency for calling someone out when you disagree with them. Which is not in of itself a negative thing to the degree you are not an asshole about doing so. The main problem becomes when things get personal and one tries find dirt on the personal life of one's target by "doxing" to hurt and discredit them.

News Comments > Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming
87. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 23, 2014, 17:48 Overon

So many claims flying left and right. All with an undercurrent of the tired old feminism/social justice warriors vs men's right advocates. So much rage. Here is the bottom line:

Game "journalism" is largely a joke. There is little independence and there is collusion and payola. Now we can add sex into it.

People are hypocrites. They say one thing and do another.

People try to find dirt on people they do not like to hurt them.

That pretty much sums up this whole tawdry story.

News Comments > FIFA 15 Ban Warning
2. Re: FIFA 15 Ban Warning Aug 23, 2014, 17:00 Overon

I thought this was a soccer game. What the hell are virtual coins?  

26. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 18:29 Overon

Wow this is over people bad mouthing their former boyfriends and girlfriends? Vile.

Oh not this feminist social justice vs men's right's advocates false dichotomy. I have have my fill of it.

24. Re: Phil Fish Re-Quits Gaming Aug 22, 2014, 18:19 Overon

What does "SJW" mean?

Also what is this supposed cover up involving 5 guys burgers?

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
27. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 22:20 Overon

Wow people just buy stuff without really vetting anything don't they? Of course that doesn't take Codemasters off the hook.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta
14. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 6, 2014, 07:00 Overon

Yeah 40K universe is pretty good. But the way that Games Workshop manages, it will forever be in a niche.  

News Comments > Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed
12. Re: Take 2 Financials; Evolve Delayed Aug 6, 2014, 06:58 Overon

"Intelligently designed"? Is that a reference to the manufactured controversy between the reality of biological evolution and the unscientific intelligent design manufactured controversy?  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta
12. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Armageddon Beta Aug 5, 2014, 17:20 Overon

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 5, 2014, 01:53:
In a sci-fi IP so expansive you'd need 10 books just to set the baseline? And they come up with... orks vs space marines? Mhhh... I want to play Elders on a Worldship... RPG, Mass Effect style, make it happen WORLD!
Worldship? Craftworld! Good day sir.

Will it be available on tablets? It looks like shovelware. I hope I'm wrong.

News Comments > Stained Steam Key Resolution
2. Re: Stained Steam Key Resolution Aug 3, 2014, 10:29 Overon

Looks like they were shamed or maybe legally threatened into delivering on their promise?  

News Comments > PC No Man's Sky Confirmed?
23. Re: 4K TVs Aug 1, 2014, 18:49 Overon

Exercise critical thinking when discussing No Man's Sky. A new developer writing a game for PS3. Those are all red flags as far as PC is concerned. Also what they have shown is not impressive at all. Procedurally generated? Great. Where is the gameplay? I for one don't care if you make a game with the breadth of an ocean but one as deep as a puddle. You'd better have lots of interesting things to do in this ocean.  

3890 Comments. 195 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo