Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Overon

Real Name Overon   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 13, 2002, 02:16
Total Comments 4114 (Master)
User ID 14799

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > More Free CONSORTIUM
4. Re: More Free CONSORTIUM Feb 11, 2016, 21:51 Overon

Jerykk wrote on Feb 11, 2016, 19:20:
It's sad that the Kickstarter for the sequel isn't going to make it. I enjoyed the first game and the follow-up looks great. Hopefully they manage to secure funding through other means.
Agreed. This seems like a labor of love.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witness Motions Sickness Patch
9. Re: The Witness Motions Sickness Patch Feb 1, 2016, 17:08 Overon

So view bob, developers still do that? Why?  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details
7. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details Jan 27, 2016, 23:05 Overon

Thanks guys for saying what I wanted to say but being far more eloquent about the narrative jarring gameplay vs cutscene situation.

Also I'm sorry for calling her Laura instead of Lara. I beg your forgiveness and I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.

This video show her jumping out with a knife and knifing someone in the neck. I think it's going to be like the last one a shame.

Also this looks to be an Nvidia Gimpworks title so hangout on to your your framerates AMD Radeon users.

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2016, 23:17.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details
1. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider PC Trailer & Details Jan 27, 2016, 18:07 Overon

Is this Tomb Raider like the last one that pulled me right out of it when the cutscenes showed a Laura who didn't want to kill and then gameplay showed a brutal curb stomp Laura. It's like the teams that created the brutal curb stomping Laura and the team that created the emotional cutscene Laura didn't talk to each other.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is a Shooter
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade is a Shooter Jan 27, 2016, 07:04 Overon

Game looks like Space Marine. I swear it even sounds like Space Marine. Doesn't seem to have a lot of depth.  

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
9. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 12:37 Overon

descender wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 12:26:
But you guys only want them to have to upgrade the version you are using, right? Not the 5 other versions before yours too?

Windows 7 will be 8 years old at that point? Do you really think they are going to support it forever just because you don't like their new version?
You may have a point.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 16, 2016, 12:25 Overon

The facts don't matter, perception matters. Laziness, lazy fact checking, a hair trigger for outrage and jumping on the bandwagon result in things like this. I hope the dev gets the game reinstated and the Streisand effects works to their advantage. Let the witch hunt begin.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2016, 12:35.

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
1. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 12:05 Overon

So the strong arming continues. Recently though they backpedaled on the strong arming they were doing on the GWX (Get Windows 10) app due to complaints.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2016, 12:13.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release
30. Re: Oculus Rift Preorders Won't Sell Out, No Charge Until Release Jan 6, 2016, 13:11 Overon

Preordering is stupid even if you have the money to burn if things go bad.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
6. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 12:09 Overon

Yeah what if I want to sit and play using mouse and keyboard?  

News Comments > Oculus Rift $599
1. Re: Oculus Rift $599 Jan 6, 2016, 11:55 Overon

What a surprise it doesn't meet previous price claims:
Nate Mitchell of Oculus Rift said in 2014: "We want to stay in that $200-$400 price range," he states. "That could slide in either direction depending on scale, pre-orders, the components we end up using, business negotiations..." Source
Also an Xbox One controller? Is that a good idea?

You need this according to the website:

Video Card NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater
CPU Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
Memory 8GB+ RAM
Video Output Compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
USB Ports 3x USB 3.0 ports plus 1x USB 2.0 port
OS Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer

That's a $350 plus graphics cards. Seems they are going for the enthusiast audience that spends that kind of money. What games are available for this? What have they done to mitigate simulation sickness? Is there a money back guarantee say I bought it and realized I'm one of the few that suffers from simulation sickness and can't continue playing it?

This comment was edited on Jan 6, 2016, 12:06.

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month
13. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 6, 2016, 11:49 Overon

That's the problem. When these free engines were released, people started using the same prefabricated assets and that's so many unity engine using games look a like.  

News Comments > Free Retail Unit for Oculus Rift Backers
3. Re: Free Retail Unit for Oculus Rift Backers Jan 5, 2016, 22:56 Overon

Did they mitigate the simulation sickness problem somehow?

Also how much did you have to donate to be eligible for this thing?

News Comments > Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month
5. Re: Torment: Tides of Numenera Beta & Early Access This Month Jan 5, 2016, 22:51 Overon

Call me a graphics tart, but the graphics are terrible. Can't that engine do better? It's so washed out and lacks detail.  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month
20. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Next Month Dec 28, 2015, 01:10 Overon

Is this going to be like the last Tomb Raider, the one where Lara is conflicted about taking taking human and animal life in the cutscenes but in the actual gameplay she's curb stomping and brutally executing like it's Gears of War?

I could never get past that dichotomy it pulled me right out of the narrative. It's a major problem where the tone in the cutscenes is different from the tone in gameplay. It's almost like they had 2 different teams who didn't talk each other, create the game.

This comment was edited on Dec 28, 2015, 01:32.

News Comments > Steam Issues Fixed
7. Re: Steam Issues Fixed Dec 26, 2015, 13:36 Overon

No problem right other than personally identifiable information available for all to see. No big deal right? Wrong. Do you know about social engineering and doxxing?

Best thing you can do is not let Steam remember your credit card information. Uncheck that box.

Valve acts here like they are a publicly traded company downplaying. I love the vague "page information." They should tell people what that "page information" actually is and how it can be used to hurt them.

Totalbiscuit is right: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so3l6a

News Comments > Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access
8. Re: Elite Dangerous: Horizons Early Access Dec 15, 2015, 23:24 Overon

So the DLC expansions are now going early access?  

News Comments > System Shock 3 Announced
28. Re: System Shock 3 Announced Dec 14, 2015, 18:18 Overon

"Look you hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect and immortal machine?"

But I'm concerned about these devs. I don't see a good track record with PC games. I hope it's not another low quality cash grab palying off the franchise name.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
7. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 10, 2015, 18:16 Overon

That guide is pretty damn good. Lots of good info, it's one of the few places where I would say that Feminist Frequency consulted with or used advice vetted by actual experts.  

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
1. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Nov 29, 2015, 22:51 Overon

People should get familiar with the concept of astroturfing and always be skeptical.  

4114 Comments. 206 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo