Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dave Something

Real Name Dave Something   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DG
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 12, 2002, 03:11
Total Comments 1658 (Pro)
User ID 14793

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up
39. Re: BF3 Anti-Cheat Ramps Up Jan 12, 2012, 13:12 DG

what?

Banning people based on submitted user reports? I don't think so.

Anyone who's ever played multi-player has very probably come across someone being called a cheater and found no reason to believe it. Since you're reading Blues, you're probably an experienced enough gamer that you've probably been accused of cheating on a number of occasions.

What can they do to follow up the accusations? Perhaps look at stats but then why bother with reports, just look up stats. Reporting cheating to a server admin is worthwhile because they can spectate the player on the server.

Either these guys are happy with the ban hammer or it's a placebo button to placate people annoyed by suspected cheating.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 12, 2012, 12:55 DG

Love how the top comment there is (emphasis added)

Chris Thu Dec 08, 2011 08:48 pm PST

How many days in a row are you going to post this same exact article I mean really it's been what 4 days in a row over and over again like you just found out 5 seconds ago it's sensationalism at it's worst. I'm starting to think Yahoo! News is staffed by homophobes or you have some anti-gay biased agenda. Why don't you look for something new to report or has it really been that slow of a news week. Shameless, unprofessional, bullsh*t. Get a life people it's a stupid game.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 10, 2012, 13:09 DG

I only watch BBC News on our TV, and that's broadcast TV. iPlayer for other TV, otherwise rent DVD.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 10, 2012, 12:52 DG

What's absurd about the ROG cards?

That's not a heatsink BTW, it's an interference shield.

The external volume control thing is a bit hmm though.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 9, 2012, 13:28 DG

Jerykk wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 18:47:
That said, the game has plenty of scripting bugs without mods. For example, Boethia's quest line is completely broken.

Heh, I think for both FO3 and NV, every mission, trigger, item and whatever have codes on some wikia so when it breaks you can go into the console and reset, trigger, spawn or whatever it in order to work around whatever random thing breaks on your run through.

Folks got that stuff down for Skyrim yet?

Actually, is there like a 1 page summary somewhere of shit you should know before playing Skyrim?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 9, 2012, 13:05 DG

Was round at a friend's place and he was using his iPad to control his iTV and using that for his photos, videos and music. Someone started using the iPad for browsing so he picked up his iPhone and used that instead.

Must admit it was pretty neat (if very expensive iHipster-ish) and MS could have similar intentions with a tablet type of device connecting to the xbox. But I very much doubt the primary console would be in the tablet, and it leaves me wondering why they wouldn't push for a kinect-based system instead.

'Course it's another case of rumours on interwebs leads to article leads to rumours on interwebs, but I think the concept of being able to use a Win8 tablet or phone to control the nextbox are very plausable. In fact more like why the hell not, if they're going to make W8 tablets and phones anyway.

They could probably also make it optional in games too, like for an interactive minimap, and if the screen's big enough they could stream the video feed over to it instead of having to fiddle with wires, should someone be watching TV.

News Comments > Steam Grows: Eyes Your Television
26. Re: Steam Grows: Eyes Your Television Jan 6, 2012, 16:17 DG

Looking forward, we are preparing for the launch of the Big Picture UI mode, which will allow gamers to experience Steam on large displays and in more rooms of the house."
I'm not sure this is just a case of supporting TV's-as-monitors better? Particularly as they say "in more rooms of the house" which to me implies non-PC devices?

News Comments > Steam Grows: Eyes Your Television
24. Re: Steam Grows: Eyes Your Television Jan 6, 2012, 16:08 DG

Dev wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 12:48:
Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 12:06:
The Friends list goes down all the time still though, that bugs me.
The real problem? When that goes down during games that depend on it. For instance, dungeon defenders. Whenever steam friends goes down even momentarily, it kills all active games in DunDef. Last time it happened, I was doing the christmas achive for some friends, we had spent an hour and were about 10 secs away from finishing last boss. BANG game is aborted. I don't often do survival, but there's a pet on wave 20 of survival that some people try to get (its not a very good one). Takes like 4 hours to get to that point, and if steam friends goes down at any point during that, BANG, all that time gone.
Seems strange, why does it depend so heavily on the friends list? I'm wondering whether this is a Steam issue that the game hasn't been coded to handle at all gracefully.

News Comments > Syndicate Co-op Trailer
10. Re: Syndicate Co-op Trailer Jan 4, 2012, 07:22 DG

yeah video unimpressive.

I'd still love to buy a simple "Syndicate HD".

News Comments > Syndicate Co-op Trailer
9. Re: Syndicate Co-op Trailer Jan 4, 2012, 07:13 DG

anyone have that youtube url thing that gets around having to login?

edit: http://www.youtube.com/v/GWI53Q5Uwbk (swap the code for /v/, which also puts it into HD and larger size)

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2012, 12:03 DG

Guy decides to participate in something, doesn't enjoy it, but instead of pulling out just goes in ever deeper? Somehow this is all someone else's fault:

Thanks for keeping me from doing that for past two weeks of my life.

Did this guy not realise non-participating games were still there to play or something?

As for the payoff table being poor, well no shit sherlock. The whole thing is always going to be weighted so that the winnings are less than the estimated buying of the participating games, or thereabouts. Did he really think that there would be $50 in games for all X million or however many people participating? Did he think this was some kind of job, where you put time into achieving nothing of substance and you would be due a wage at the end of it?

Idiot.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 18:56 DG

SR3, 10 hours in and so far it's an easy recommendation. Wouldn't bother with the outfits etc DLC though.  

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Dec 30, 2011, 10:41 DG

Need to go back to this game to do the DLC. What are the must-have mods nowadays? I don't want to change the game too much so I'm considering just grabbing those texture packs etc linked in the article.  

News Comments > Consolidation
1. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 10:20 DG

That's the core here; the attackers are to blame. It's easy to get mad at Microsoft and EA because we--as members of the gaming community--can point to them as a "known enemy." The issue is we don't know who the attackers are, so we point place the blame on them.
EA/MS have a duty of care to protect accounts.

News Comments > On Sale
30. Re: On Sale Dec 24, 2011, 07:51 DG

El Pit wrote on Dec 24, 2011, 04:05:
I WANT MY PIECE OF COAL for trading!
Heh, tried that yesterday and trading was disabled.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 20:16 DG

Guess I should have be clearer that I meant I was still getting it, just not now.

But then, Shok! Cheers for that link! Got me SR3 plus season pass for 15 via THQ, 2nd post on that link. Deal isn't available in the US but we usually pay more so this pretty much cancels out.

Plus I guess it works out well playing SR3 before Skyrim, bit more time for patching and mods.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 18:43 DG

Prometheus looks awesome, but 8th June and they're taunting me with that now?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2011, 18:40 DG

Nearly jumped all over the Saints Row 3 sale today but it's still barely cheaper than I can buy it online. Doesn't seem worth it considering how long it'd be until I get around to it, especially since I'm burning out on GTA-ish games, almost done on Red Dead Redemption.

Anyone confirm that a physical disk SR3 is still Steam? Same for Skyrim, since that's nearly half-price if bought at an e-tailer.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: New Amazon Deals Dec 23, 2011, 07:33 DG

Hmm, still can't buy the ME/ME2 DLC via Steam?  

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar
14. Re: Battlefield Play4Free Nerf Gun Uproar Dec 23, 2011, 07:30 DG

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 03:51:
Under law in most developed countries corporations are legaly - people. They have the same rights as any other human.
Laws do generally distinguish between "natural" and "artificial" persons, albeit generally not in ways relevant to the context of your point.

1658 Comments. 83 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo