Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Andrew Johnson

Real Name Andrew Johnson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname AJkiwi
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 9, 2002, 22:11
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 14755

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2011, 18:42 AJkiwi

Blue wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 17:43:

Not trying to tease, it's just so simple i barely qualifies as a recipe.

Cut the tips off some chicken wings and feed them to the dogs. Separate the rest of the wings into their two parts, the double bone and the "drummette." Boil them in beer for 15-30 minutes then grill them over medium heat, turning frequently. When the skin is browned and crispy, set them aside and let them cool a bit. Heat some Frank's Red Hot sauce and butter until the butter melts (tradition calls for a 50:50 hot sauce to butter ratio, but mine is more like 90:10), and toss the chicken in it until it's coated properly. Serve with celery and blue cheese dressing.

Couldn't be easier, or more delicious. Chef

Blue, you are a legend. I will slowly learn US cuisine. In exchange, I must throw you a New Zealand barbecue recipe or two sometime.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 27, 2011, 17:31 AJkiwi

Blue! C'mon, I still use your texas-style chili recipe frequently; you're going to tease us with grilled buffalo wings and not share the recipe?

No fair!

News Comments > Aussie R18+ Guidelines
2. Re: Aussie R18+ Guidelines May 25, 2011, 17:08 AJkiwi

I am utterly bewildered why they don't use the NZ 18+ AO guidelines. C'mon Aussies, Do we have a common market or not?  

News Comments > 3D Realms Closing?
119. Re: 3D Realms Closing? May 10, 2009, 07:29 AJkiwi

Pffft. I gave up thinking that DNF would come out years ago.

I hope 3D realms mgmt team is broke, I hope that no one from that team ever gets hired in any industry again, and I laugh in the face of the fanboys.

Their hubris and mismanagement cost us a game, but that's it.

What a bunch of dicks the 3D realms mgmt team are.

News Comments > Bully PC - Update: In October
2. that's just crazy Aug 21, 2008, 15:32 AJkiwi

They're releasing a 2 year old game based on the GTA 3 engine in the same quarter as they release GTA 4 to the PC?

Um.

That may be one of the stupidest business decisions I've heard in a loooooong time. Piracy isn't the problem for PC gaming. Idiot publishers might be.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Update
16. Re: ... Feb 15, 2008, 02:06 AJkiwi

Something in this update has snarfed my steam install... all the text has disappeared from the steam browser and the server browser in TF2. Re-installing steam, but wtf????? Anyone else?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bit
7. another digg? Feb 19, 2007, 15:15 AJkiwi

Errr... news story aside (Vista is installed on my test machine and is NOT ready for primetime, especially for gamers), why the heck are we getting all these digg links nowdays? It's just another damn page to click through to get to the actual story... I go to bluesnews for news links, not digg links. I go to digg for digg links! Am I missing something?

News Comments > Black & White 2 Demo
7. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2006, 17:54 AJkiwi

Dungeon Keeper?

Pfft... bring me my new version of Flying Carpet and SYNDICATE, dammit!

News Comments > Black & White 2 Demo
6. A dialogue. Mar 16, 2006, 17:53 AJkiwi

At lionhead HQ...

Peter: Hey, the game's been out for months, and virtually no one has bought it!
Other guys: Yeah, you'd think that the demo we released prior to the game in order to market and advertise it would have drawn all the people who had negative experiences with the crashing and frustrating first game!
Peter: Demo?
Other guys: Yeah, you know, the one we gave you a month prior to release to market the game with!
Peter: Ohhhhhhhhh... that demo. Um. I think I've still got that somewhere. Do they help market games?
Other guys: Yeah, sure. If you release them PRIOR to the game's failure in the market...
Peter:...oops.

News Comments > ESA to Sue MI Governor
16. So what's the big deal? Sep 14, 2005, 18:05 AJkiwi

Okay, I'm sorry, but I just *DON'T GET IT*.

I've lived in the US, and yet there are still things I don't get about it - like the clinging to the consitution for things that patently don't make sense.

So: Game rating ages are attempting to be enforced by law - sounds perfectly reasonable, we do it in New Zealand under the same rating system as movies and dvds and publications (you know, old style pr0n) - and this is "unconstitutional" on grounds of freedom of speech? Thus creating lots of legal arguments, etc, etc, which will eventually resulting in a redrafting of the law so it will have exactly the same effect but rephrase things so that people can't object on constitutional grounds?

Right, that seems like a good use of taxpayer and industry cash.

News Comments > GTA: San Andreas Patches -- Hot Coffee on Ice
24. fixes ONE major bug... Aug 9, 2005, 20:03 AJkiwi

The sound bug is fixed? That's good...

Now, about the "Cannot work out at gym" bug that has been plaguing me for a couple of weeks of play...

Dammit, they patch this thing and they only patch a couple of the showstoppers? what about all the gameplay bugs? the gym!? the basketball!

*grumble*

18. 6 years?? Oct 9, 2002, 18:12 AJkiwi

Wow, doesn't seem like that long!

Every morning, I arrive at work and carry out my "wire run", looking for news and tech stuff that might be relevant or interesting to work.

aardvark.co.nz --> idg.net.nz --> www.wired.com --> WWW.BLUESNEWS.COM --> www.cnn.com -->www.stuff.co.nz

Bluesnews has been somewhere in that list for 6 years now... WELL DONE, BLUE!! Bloody good show.

No, that's it.

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo