Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for SacredGinmill

Real Name SacredGinmill   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname SacredGinmill
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 6, 2002, 15:49
Total Comments 130 (Novice)
User ID 14727

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 28, 2012, 18:01 SacredGinmill

fawker wrote on Mar 28, 2012, 17:55:
How many more years before the Xbox and Live is obsolete?

Can't happen soon enough. $33.99 is still $33.99 more than it costs to do all the same things, but better on a PC.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Red Faction: Guerrilla in Sept., Specs
1. Re: Red Faction: Guerrilla in Sept., Specs Jul 15, 2009, 19:22 SacredGinmill

Got this for the 360 and I am enjoying it quite a bit. More games need to license the destruction system this game uses.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Trailer & Database
12. Re: The Old Republic Trailer & Database Jun 1, 2009, 22:23 SacredGinmill

Who gives two shits about a non gameplay trailer?

It prevents me from forgetting about the game until a real gameplay video comes out. You know, 3 weeks before release.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed II Trailer
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Trailer Jun 1, 2009, 18:14 SacredGinmill

Im usually pretty good at this, but I can't seem to figure out the link on the site which I can't read.  

News Comments > On Blizzard's New IP
5. Re: On Blizzard's New IP May 13, 2009, 15:49 SacredGinmill

I bet it will be about MMO's Your character will be an MMO developer running around with 11 million others.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge DLC Plans, PC Date Set
4. Re: Mirror's Edge DLC Plans, PC Date Set Dec 4, 2008, 18:36 SacredGinmill

I have a xbox360. The DLC is free on PS3. I really hope this makes the PS3 version sell a boatload more. Maybe Microsoft will realize stuff like this is costing sales of the game and the DLC.  

News Comments > Wheel of Time Game Plans
15. Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Nov 12, 2008, 17:45 SacredGinmill

Yea, those were good times, you throw someone in the lava with the whirlwind and they would cast the switch places spell and YOU would go in the lava.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2008, 06:56 SacredGinmill

Didn't they announce that canine rabies had been eliminated in north america a few years back?  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Split Screen Splits
8. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Split Screen Splits Nov 11, 2008, 11:33 SacredGinmill

It is showing up on xbox live now, so hopefully soon.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Tomorrow
18. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Tomorrow Nov 11, 2008, 09:50 SacredGinmill

Dont see it on steam or xbox live  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Early Access Today
18. Re: Left 4 Dead Early Access Today Nov 6, 2008, 07:17 SacredGinmill

I hope these concerns about the matchmaking system are untrue and only apply to if you play "Quick Pick". I guess we'll all find out in 3 hours. It's obviously unconfirmed right now so please save your "OMG WTF VALVE FUK U" for later.

Edit - for reference Matchmaking replaces traditional server browser on PC version?

I hope they are untrue as well, there is still the "play online" option, which sounds like it could be the traditional server browser option. I generally hate lobby style quick pick setups. However this game may not be your standard style of FPS multiplayer gameplay, where you join a server with a round in progress, join a team and just play till next round.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Free Character Transfers
4. Re: Warhammer Online Free Character Transfers Oct 31, 2008, 10:52 SacredGinmill

Isnt this a sign that the game isnt really doing that well?

not really. It is a sign of the times that new MMO's are going to have a ton of people who buy the game but then don't stay past 1 or 2 months. They have to have enough servers at launch or people will complain big time. Once a lot of people leave, they need to consolidate the low pop servers. I think it is good that Mythic seems to already have the code and process in place to do this right when needed instead of months down the line.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2008, 10:55.

News Comments > Wow, 11 Million WoW Players
9. Re: Wow, 11 Million WoW Players Oct 28, 2008, 23:16 SacredGinmill

I find this hard to believe... It's highly unlikely that they are picking up more subscribers considering the increase in competition. I'm sure they'll get some when the new expansion comes out, but that hasn't happened yet. Makes me think they are counting people who have expired accounts.

Their subscriber base has been growing slightly or staying even all along. A lot of old vets are now returning for the xpac, including myself. My guild message board has at least 1 post a week from a player who quit and is returning. Thats why you see a jump in numbers and queue times.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Early Access
2. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Early Access Oct 27, 2008, 11:02 SacredGinmill

You can still play the demo before buying the game. You just don't get EARLY access to the demo.  

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue
64. Re: Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue Oct 23, 2008, 20:28 SacredGinmill

If that's true, then what are you complaining about? I thought your problem was that the view in widescreen had been cropped? Also, read that sentence again. The whole thing, and think about it. There's a difference between horizontal and vertical FOV.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14737

Scroll down a little. See the example of 4:3 with the red bars indicating where the crop is to make it 16:9 ? horizontal view is fixed, the vertical view is cropped to make it 16:9.

Now go here. http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/screenshots/

First image you should see is Bioshock which is perfect since it had this problem, then was fixed.

See how only horizontal view is widened to make it 16:9 instead of cropping the vertical view thus taking image away?

If you still don't get it, then I nor anyone else can't explain it to you.

I still dont get it. The horizontal FoV is the important one that deals with game difficulty, suspense and what the devs expect player to see, etc. Set that equal on both types of monitors. Instead of users with 4:3 monitors seeing black bars on the top and bottom, let us increase vertical FoV since that hardly matters anyway.

In case you missed "what I did there". I gave the exact same argument but changed the words which deal with personal opinion to reflect my personal preference and not yours.
This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2008, 20:30.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV PC
44. Re: ... Aug 6, 2008, 23:51 SacredGinmill

I have GTA4 on my 360 and the multiplayer is a blast, but everytime I play I just keep thinking how much better it can be on a PC.

I love cops and robbers. SOmetimes though, the rounds will end so quick and then you are back in the lobby with another 3 minutes of queue and host kicking BS. You exit out if the host picks lame options you dont want, and even though there are like 300k people playing online, you rejoin the same game over and over. Give me a dedicated server PLEASE.

I think GTA RACE mode is a blast, but there really isnt a point in even doing it if you dont set the number of laps to 6 7 or 8. Set at 2 laps, the person who wrecks bad will never catch another racer or be passed by anyone the remainder of the race. At 8 laps, that person who is dead last and has no chance can block the on ramp with a greyhound and cause all kinds of chaos to race leaders.
Unfortunately you join a lobby and the host will set the laps to two, you exit and rejoin and get the same crap. You spend 5 minutes in the lobby for a race that last 4 minutes.

I want dedicated servers.
I want pages of dedicated servers, let me pick the one I like with the ping I like with map/race voting at the end of a round.

News Comments > Wrath of The Lich King Graphics & Benchmarks
2. Re: No subject Aug 4, 2008, 13:56 SacredGinmill

there is a level of detail setting in the current version of WoW.

I think there is a way to exceed it with a console command in the current game too.

The shadows are new though.

News Comments > StarCraft II Date?
2. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2008, 10:40 SacredGinmill

I thought we figured this out about 10 years ago. Release dates from retailers mean nothing.

News Comments > DX10 Assassin's Creed Faster Than DX9
19. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2008, 01:01 SacredGinmill

If you were really sorry, you would post it 5 times.

News Comments > UO Tenth Anniversary Amnesty
5. Re: amnesty? Sep 25, 2007, 22:30 SacredGinmill

Wow, I wouldnt mind checking this out again, but hell if I know my login info. I bet if I ask for my password to be reset, they will send the email to my old university account. heh.

130 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo