Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ajax

Real Name Ajax   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 4, 2002, 23:34
Total Comments 148 (Novice)
User ID 14717

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Alpha Black Zero Demo
18. No subject May 2, 2004, 22:58 Ajax

This was fun

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hitman: Contracts Patch
7. Re: BZZZZT wrong Apr 30, 2004, 22:21 Ajax

It's a industry fad, just like lens flares after Unreal had them.

This one is awful though, it's supposed to make the game look smoother I believe, but it makes it look blurry like a fullscreen 320x240 video.

DX:IW had it, just called it light blooming

News Comments > Counter-Strike Condition Zero Patch
11. No subject Apr 29, 2004, 03:43 Ajax

Ooof I hope those HL2 Screenies are from having all the detail settings on low.

NO alpha blend on that foliage in the first shot, and what's with the low-res textures and really simple level geomtry? Doesn't look anything like E3 Videos really.

News Comments > SWAT 4 Announced
24. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2004, 19:04 Ajax

I was make a stab at the whole tactical shooter genre more so then Swat 4. I personally feel the same way about game sequels as I do movie sequels.

Obviously you missed the whole premise of my post.

I'm sick of the genre, not the game. I'm not doubting Swat 4, I just tired of being able to go to CompUSA and buy more modern day "real time tactical combat" games then I have fingers.

22. No subject Apr 28, 2004, 18:14 Ajax

SAME GUNS, DIFFERENT PUBLISHER!111

Different developer, same publisher (VUG = Sierra).

I was make a stab at the whole tactical shooter genre more so then Swat 4. I personally feel the same way about game sequels as I do movie sequels.

More genres that have been run into the ground: World War 2, Everquest Style Fantasy, Shock value Criminal games(we don't care about public opinion games).

More and more of the same shit, different developers and different publishers.

Innovation is what the industry needs, but hell innovation and good gameplay doesn't sell a game. Good Marketting and proven blatant gameplay/style generalizations sell a game. Who cares if it's fun, it's all about the fucking money so I can buy another vacation house on an opposite coast. One, two games made by a decent developer? Shit here come the clones, fuck gameplay it has same key elements you just love to have! That independent studio that made that kick-ass game you love? Well guess what we just bought them, they will only make the same type of game forever until they all eventually quit in shame or change professions from us screwing them on the rightful money they deserve.

More of the same.

2. No subject Apr 28, 2004, 14:05 Ajax

MORE OF THE SAME!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!

SAME GUNS, DIFFERENT PUBLISHER!111

News Comments > Hitman: Contracts Demo
18. No subject Apr 28, 2004, 00:52 Ajax

Whoa I was just playing Budapest hotel, and there is this ghost, it totally caught me off guard ! Haha made me jump real good, I was super tense trying to sneak around these guards and then this floating torso walks through........well I won't spoil it, but it was a really really nice touch. Especially for those tense moments :)

Edit (by Blue) - Added tags to hide the spoilers (please be more considerate in the future).

This comment was edited on Apr 28, 11:39.

17. No subject Apr 28, 2004, 00:20 Ajax

Yeah I agree, they are still very fun to play.

Where is the cardboard tube or what is the PA reference in Hitman 2? I'm missing that...

14. No subject Apr 27, 2004, 23:29 Ajax

Well then you guys won't be happy to know that 5 of the 13 missions are all from the Original Hitman (The 4 Hong Kong missions, and the one from the Hotel). While they are all redone to be much nicer, it's nothing NEW per say. They are all flashbacks, but you still be the missions in the same way.

10. No subject Apr 27, 2004, 21:30 Ajax

No those are music pirates.

Don't make me call the cops

5. No subject Apr 27, 2004, 19:50 Ajax

Hmm maybe because it's a lot of fun to PLAY?

If you need to backup that bad, just be more careful with your CD, you software pirate.

News Comments > English Gothic II Add-on in Doubt?
15. No subject Apr 27, 2004, 17:27 Ajax

Yeah Atari fucked that up big time. I bought it from the UK months before it was available here.

I don't see why they did that, they killed their own sales in essence, it would of been much popular in December of 2002 instead of say January 2004.

News Comments > English Gothic II Add-on in Doubt?
3. sigh Apr 27, 2004, 14:13 Ajax

sad day......this sucks

News Comments > THQ to Acquire Relic
5. No subject Apr 27, 2004, 13:45 Ajax

Wow another studio sucked into a publisher.

This is turning into fast food with only 4-5 major companies running the whole industry.

News Comments > Game Movies - Burger Wars Announced
15. No subject Apr 27, 2004, 02:29 Ajax

Heh

Anyone watch the trailer? Doesn't look THAT bad.

News Comments > Game Movies - Burger Wars Announced
13. No subject Apr 26, 2004, 23:01 Ajax

Yeah it's an indie game, I'll give it a try if there is a demo. Never know eh. I'm not sure I like the style, but hey if it's fun who cares

News Comments > New SÖLDNER Demo
31. Re: XMP Apr 24, 2004, 02:29 Ajax

I don't mean to come off as harsh, but if your going to ask for opinions, I'm going to be honest with what I really think. I only listed a few specific examples of why I was upset with this demo, I may be biased because I was really disappointed in the product vs. my expectations from the hyper.

I could list the whole shibang of what I found problems with, but I'm not being paid to be the QA dept.

24. No subject Apr 23, 2004, 23:18 Ajax

Still takes 8 years to get the server list

I still get 3 red x's for the server ping for every server.

Gameplay still sucks. You join any server just to be sniped by some guy a mile away the second you spawn, no way to see him.

Graphics still look about 6 years old.

Soldner voice is still fucking annoying.

Sound effects are pretty awful, like a bargain basement sound effects CD.

What's with the new help screens flying by in the beginning? They sure would be helpful if I could speed read a million words a minute, maybe you should add some option to let the user see those screens at their own pace instead of trying to give them epilepsy.

Serious netcode issues still, lag can be none or tons depending on who/what is in your immediate area.

N O T --- F U N
Gameplay needs some serious work around to make it better balanced and make me want to actually play more then 30 seconds.

Menus are still pretty cool. Customization is cool. Your better off buying $40.00 worth of GI Joes and playing dress up then buying this game however. I wouldn't even pick it up in the bargain basement if it's going to be like these two demos.

20. No subject Apr 23, 2004, 22:31 Ajax

Downloading again I'll let you know how it turns out.
My first issues (after the initial not being able to connect because of server overload thingy) were every server that would be listed would take EIGHT YEARS to load (as in the list itself) and the ping for every server would come up as XXX so I had no idea what I was joining. Half the time I got timeouts when trying to connect so I gave up. It's not my computer, it's definately not my cable, or my area, all three are A+.

I hope that problem is resolved, if I get Red XXX's I'm not even going to keep it on my Hard disk.

News Comments > DoJ Goes Pirate Hunting
10. No subject Apr 22, 2004, 14:41 Ajax

Oh really?

Oh please do explain THAT logic.

I'm not for drugs at all, but that seems to be a bit of an over generalization. I'd love to see some facts to prove that.

148 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo