Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ajax

Real Name Ajax   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 4, 2002, 23:34
Total Comments 148 (Novice)
User ID 14717

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Singles Demo
20. No subject May 24, 2004, 17:13 Ajax

Wow this is exactly the sims. I mean EXACTLY. Even the layout is the same.

Just crappy framerates.
Bad use of over-exposure lighting.

And it's boring tbo. Not much to do. Cheap thrills hoping they will get sales by showing some boobs.

Real thing is better.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch
41. No subject May 22, 2004, 06:05 Ajax

Now that people stopped calling each other m60 noobs, I notice the new trend is "Heli noob" for using a helicopter, which takes a good bit of a learning curve to get the hang of.

HELI NOOBS! HOW DARE YOU USES THE GAME MECHANICS TO WIN!

News Comments > Alienware's Video Array
1. No subject May 12, 2004, 14:53 Ajax

Whoa, so does it combine power like the old voodoo cards could do(which I doubt and I'm reading it wrong), or just allow you to have two vid boards (ATI/Nvidia) in at the same time?

News Comments > Game Movies
19. No subject May 12, 2004, 14:25 Ajax

Capture and Defend

Funny, I thought that's what the original Tribes revolved around, the ones released years ago, not in 2004....maybe I'm thinking of another game.

News Comments > Site Seeing
9. No subject May 12, 2004, 10:15 Ajax

Whoa does this have some sort of backstory? Wierd but cool!
Unexpected.

That chain swing grappling hook thing looks SWEET.
Reminds me of how much fun that grappling hook mod was for Quake 1.

News Comments > id: DOOM 3 This Summer
11. Re: No subject May 11, 2004, 17:16 Ajax

Sweet

Looks like the put a huge emphasis on a decent story and atmosphere from the sneak preview I saw.

It really marks a huge jump from most id games with their little to zero backstory to a very detailed and well written one.

Still same shooter gameplay though.

News Comments > Splinter Cell 3
33. Re: No subject May 11, 2004, 02:16 Ajax

Every engine that uses poly-bumping (Doom 3, Far Cry etc) has everything looking shiny and plastic-like, but the devs usually work the technology around a bit so that its not terribly noticeable.

Actually that's not bump-mapping, it's applying specular lighting sources to non-reflective sources(and over-exposure lighting in some games as well). The Human skin doesn't reflect light that much in Far Cry, even when sweaty.

News Comments > Guild Wars E3 Demo Launches
16. Re: Great May 11, 2004, 01:45 Ajax

Plays a lot like Diablo 2
Just played for about 45 minutes, the game is very impressive for being in such an early stage.

Good fun for the little teaser they give!

News Comments > Phantom Launch Details
29. Re: No subject May 10, 2004, 22:29 Ajax

According to the business model, it's not $30 for 3 games, it's $30.00 a month to get access to their SERVICE, then $40 a pop for every AAA you download

So you'd be paying, well $150 for 3 AAA titles, plus the additional cost of console unit depending if you paid $800 for 2 years for $200 for the system

This comment was edited on May 11, 01:47.

News Comments > Phantom Launch Details
20. Re: Huh? May 10, 2004, 14:27 Ajax

Free, for $718.80 worth of two years of service with no guarantee the service will stay the path that long.

You could buy two years @ 718.80 and the service could fail and kick out after a year and you'd be out of that cash.

The sad part is, while a large group of gamers know this is an obvious scam, there are a large # of people out there who have no clue and will see it at Best Buy or what not and think it cool and buy it only to be horribly disappointed and out $718.80, which is when the Executive Management will "leave the company due to creative differences" and take their pensions worth milllions, screwing the designers out of cash and blacklisting them, No one would want "phantom" on their resume, screwing investors, and most important, screwing the unassuming consumer.

This is also know as "take the money and run" and "get the most cash possible up front just in case it fails"

It's a fucking disgrace if you ask me.
This comment was edited on May 10, 14:32.

News Comments > Thief: Deadly Shadows Gold
69. No subject May 6, 2004, 09:57 Ajax

www.thief3.org

News Comments > Valve Visit
10. No subject May 6, 2004, 07:41 Ajax

ROCKSOCKM

Dunno if this is relevant, but many years ago there was a guy who hung around Undernet #duke3d (The *Official* Irc of 3DRealms back then) who ended up going to work at 3D Realms as a Level Designer for Prey. Dunno if he's still there or in the industry.

News Comments > SÖLDNER Delay
32. No subject May 5, 2004, 21:22 Ajax

Cooking a grenade means letting the fuse burn down and then throwing it.

The only time you do this in the Army is when your assaulting a bunker. Step 1: Check to see if there is any grate/mesh/wire to block. Step 2: Cook grenade and throw it. You do this so they can't throw it back out, and B it doesn't go into a grenade sump(mostly A).

Otherwise, it's a great way to lose an arm and a life.

News Comments > SÖLDNER Delay
2. Re: shutup May 5, 2004, 16:06 Ajax

Whine about what? This game can be released whenever and I still wouldn't care or buy it. Both demo's were atrocious.

News Comments > TRIBES & TRIBES II Free
80. Fileplant: Fuck You May 5, 2004, 01:33 Ajax

Get your shit together

I'm paying $6.95 for a Email Verification system that doesn't send emails?

Other people I've talked to have the same problem.

Once again FP drops the ball!

65. No subject May 4, 2004, 22:59 Ajax

Ok this is fucking annoying.
I need a CD-Key to play this free game, cool I'm down with that easy enough. Except the fact that I go to the Key generation page at Gamespy, then it tells me I need to verify my email address with my subscription account. Ok whatever, so now I'm redirected to the thing that does that, I click on the link and it tells me "Your verification links has been sent to ###@#####.net" except IT DOESN'T SEND IT. I have tried at least 10 times with multiple browsers and 3 gamespy id's and multiple Email addresses and it's never sent. I went to email their tech support and I'll be lucky if they get back to me within 2 days (as a subscriber privelage that is).

So I have T2 Installed, I'm all excited to replay it again with the tons of people who will be playing it, and I can't because Fileplanet sucks and either it's not sending it or I'm doing something drastically wrong.

If anyone from fileplanet is reading this, can you please for the love of god send the verification email to test@subreal.net so I can fucking click the link and play T2. Kthx.

57. No subject May 4, 2004, 22:05 Ajax

That was the last game they made before Sierra disolved them

They were around all throughout the 90's and made some classic games despite the buggy T2 Launch.

But you won't have to worry about them making a game. :/

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 0
71. No subject May 4, 2004, 06:16 Ajax

What can I say? I'm that good.

The only thing ground breaking I see is Half-life's facial animation system. Other than that, more of the same, just with added flash. The time where they would be revolutionary passed, not their fault though.

I at least hope they have some good stories behind them.

News Comments > It Came from E3, Part 0
67. No subject May 4, 2004, 01:54 Ajax

Whatever

HL2 And Doom3 are really more of the same. From what I can tell there isn't much of a gameplay innovation. Maybe they will release something exciting about the game this year. They are both pretty, HL2 has a pretty cool character system, but I'll just rent Final Fantsay if you think pretty characters make a game. They certainly help but they don't make it fun.

I hope they at least make it fun. Too bad Far Cry came out of left field and beat them all to punch by being Good lucking AND fun. It's downfall was boring and buggy mp and a save system that pisses some but not all people off. The AI was pretty solid, graphics were good, enviroments were pretty and expansive(interiors look REAL cool). Nothing really new though, story was entertaining but not deep.

I personally think the next gamplay innovation will come from Stalker. Wether it's fun or not we'll have to wait and see.

News Comments > Matrix Online Beta Sign-ups
13. No subject May 3, 2004, 22:56 Ajax

OMG EVWERYONE BUY THIS ASAP ITS THE MATRIX SO IT HAS TO BE GOOD!!!!!!111111111

148 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo