Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 551 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Sequel?
8. Re: Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Sequel? May 5, 2013, 15:21 fujiJuice

nin wrote on May 5, 2013, 13:07:
Thrilled it's doing well! Naturally they'd need to bring Michael and Power Glove back for any sequel!

Agreed. The soundtrack is fantastic, very glad I pre-ordered.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Apr 30, 2013, 20:05 fujiJuice

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 30, 2013, 16:25:
Of course it's "based on" Far Cry 3, it's a total conversion mod. Some new models and textures, shuffle around the lighting palette, weapon behavior, and AI spawns, plus some shoestring-budget animation/voice-work for cutscenes (justified by the '80s computer game motif), and BAM, you have a new "downloadable title" that half a dozen guys whipped up in a few months. Even the map is the same, with all those icons representing where the various types of animals roam (now with futuristic glowing eyes!). You do the same side missions (kill this 'unique' animal with this particular weapon, etc.) and run around liberating outposts. At least the cyborg protagonist runs faster, jumps higher, and doesn't take fall damage.

All in all, I think I'd rather just go back and play vanilla FC3... So glad I didn't pay $15 for this.

I would say for people like me that didn't buy Far Cry 3, this is a hell of a steal, if it is as fun as it looks.

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
41. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 14:45 fujiJuice

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 13:45:
Well, no wonder why I never heard of it, they only sold this for consoles... do you know if they ever ported it to the PC? Outside of Mario Bros, Sonic, or Lego Wii games, I don't do Consoles.

I don't think they did, I have the gamecube version. A shame too, it probably have sold pretty well on the PC with the audience already setup with the Jedi games.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Apr 4, 2013, 13:24 fujiJuice

InBlack wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 09:15:
On a related off-topic note has anyone seen Dredd? Its fucking BRILLIANT. Now that is a great reboot, briliant cinematography (reminds me soo much of Blade Runner), gritty atmosphere and just the right mix of cliches and a very believable future and a proper villain. You know one that isnt EVIL for evil's sake like ala 50's cartoons.

Yeah I loved it, and I have a lot of respect for Karl Urban for agreeing to do the movie without ever seeing his face. I can imagine most actors scoffing at the idea, hell Sylvester wore the helmet for like 10 seconds.

I watched some of the behind the scenes on the BluRay, it is funny/interesting how they filmed the exterior stuff in Johannesburg and had to add/change very little.

News Comments > Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released
32. Re: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Source Code Released Apr 4, 2013, 13:09 fujiJuice

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 10:45:
I'd like to see a developer create a Jango/Boba Fett Bounty Hunter type game in the same vein as Jedi Outcast/Academy. You get bounties to take out good or bad targets and go through a story. Surprised that has never come around.

They did, http://www.mobygames.com/game/star-wars-bounty-hunter not a bad game, in my opinion. Though I am sure it hasn't aged well.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:09 fujiJuice

I don't know, I thought it looked pretty awesome. Scripted to hell and back, but still, I think they did a good job. I don't mind a push along story in singleplayer if the multiplayer is the same large map mayhem.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar
39. Re: BioShock Infinite Reviews Soar Mar 25, 2013, 21:49 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 21:21:
There was a steam thread where someone said they modified it (and provided screenshots) but the consensus was it only worked in the menus, and while playing the game.

What else is there? Real life?

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer
4. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer Mar 20, 2013, 21:53 fujiJuice

I liked the way the Gorn looked in the original series. The should of kept it the same.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 14, 2013, 22:29 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 21:29:
PS4 not worth the cost, says Nvidia.

So says the loser...

I don't know, I think that is probably the case. I am sure nvidia could have outbid them for the contract, but is it really worth it? I would think the profits for each unit are miniscule.

News Comments > Shackleton Crater Kickstarter
3. Re: Shackleton Crater Kickstarter Mar 11, 2013, 21:43 fujiJuice

Alamar wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 21:10:
Perhaps it's just me.. But stretch goals, especially as lofty as 6 times the original ask, is just absurd, when you haven't yet made a dent into the original ask.

Also... 700k to fund it, but MORE than double that, just to hand off a second copy to everyone... That 'math' is just insulting. Even if every backer doubled their donation, for, you know... A second copy, it wouldn't be enough...

Anyhow... G'luck ; )

-Alamar

I think Kickstarter needs to add a maximum funding amount, maybe %10-%20 the funding goal. I feel like once the goal is reached they start going nuts with the Stretch Goals, when it isn't really necessary, and distracts from the core project. Plus I think it is an easy way to put people way in over there heads when they make a million but only needed $50,000.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
27. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2013, 15:01 fujiJuice

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 14:43:
As for video apps and stuff, IE only came to the 360 in the last two years and the rest are ok but I'm not paying for Live to get them. Every BluRay player, Smart TV and etc are doing that now, it's not going to remain a big deal for either console much longer. Even at $30x7 years of ownership you're talking an extra $210 on top of the console asking price. Sure it's not a large amount of money but when your competitors will do it for free, well *shrug*. They got away with it because the PS3 interface was so poor this gen, I'm not sure that will be true this time around. I'm surprised Netflix let them gate it in the first place, some money must have changed hands there.

Yeah, I agree, and I would consider the cost a ripoff, if I didn't use it so much, to the point where I feel I can justify it. If I had to pay monthly, it would probably be a bigger issue, since I would be reminded every month. Buying the year pass for $30 is a set it and forget it kind of thing.

You are right about every media device having those options though, but I use my PS3 as a BluRay player, and my TV is from right before they started doing that, and it is Samsung 52" so I can't replace it cheaply. Devices that I have seen with those capabilities, from friends, or my bedroom TV, are usually hard to use and slow from my experience, but I am sure that will improve with time as well.

Regardless, I don't see myself getting the next generation unless there is truly a feature (game) I must have, I doubt it though. At the very least not until they are well along in their life cycle.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 11, 2013, 14:16 fujiJuice

I own both the 360 and the PS3, and while I rarely, very rarely play games on them, I use the 360 several times a day. Like someone said, you can buy Live, if you shop around, for a year at around $30, which is money I would rather not have to pay, but I feel I get value out of.

The 360 has so many extra features, some which the PS3 has, but doesn't do nearly as well, that I find myself using it as a media console and not a gaming console. It has a great Youtube app, the last time I used the PS3 version it was garbage, don't know if it has improved. It also has a large selection of other apps, like Internet Explorer, HBO Go, Amazon, Netflix, Vevo, Skype, Gamespot, IGN, Vudu, and a lot more. Now as I said, the PS3 might have some of those, but the last time I used them, with the exception of Netflix, the 360 had a vastly better user experience. These are the things that are going to matter with the next generation.

It looks like Sony is starting to catch on with this generation, we shall see.

News Comments > SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused
48. Re: SimCity Marketing Campaign Paused Mar 8, 2013, 22:31 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 22:01:
LOL at "open port 80"...

Next we will see, "Defrag your hard drive."

News Comments > Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues
8. Re: Lord British Announces Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Mar 8, 2013, 11:39 fujiJuice

/*redacted*/

This comment was edited on May 31, 2013, 12:44.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Mar 4, 2013, 23:56 fujiJuice

Syberia 1 & 2 at $4 is a steal, loved the first one, second one I never finished for some reason, need to go do that.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Patch
8. Re: Crysis 3 Patch Feb 28, 2013, 12:13 fujiJuice

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 28, 2013, 12:08:
My buddy said it gets much worse once Aliens show up. I believe him.

Seems to always be the case, perhaps Crytek and Gearbox should swap licenses, since they seem to want to put the wrong kind of enemies in their games.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
9. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 27, 2013, 13:35 fujiJuice

I wonder if that accidentally deleted all their internal communications about doing the deletion.  

News Comments > Homeworld and Remaining THQ IPs for Sale
22. Re: Homeworld and Remaining THQ IPs for Sale Feb 27, 2013, 13:31 fujiJuice

In my opinion Red Faction Armageddon is a very underrated game, I enjoyed my multiple play throughs. It is very different than Guerrilla though, something I can not dispute, however I enjoyed both. Of course I didn't buy it on release, because I thought it looked terrible as well, eventually got it on Steam sale, which I am sure did not help the franchise.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem
11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 25, 2013, 16:03 fujiJuice

I guess the question is did Gearbox use publisher funds to make games other than were contracted, and was SEGA aware they were basically paying Gearbox a referral fee?  

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
17. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 12:31 fujiJuice

El Pit wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 12:22:
Oh, NO! You got the German version, where aliens and marines sit down to discuss anger management, until you decided to go all trigger happy on them. EVIL, WICKED fujiJuice!

Yeah I accidentally received Aliens: Harmless Marines.

551 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo