Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 553 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer
2. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Trailer Nov 13, 2009, 12:44 fujiJuice

I'm confused, wasn't Bad Company 1 like a single player story driven game, or am I incorrect? This seems more like a Battlefield 3 type of game.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > L4D2 Demo and Steam Patch
17. Re: L4D2 Demo and Steam Patch Nov 12, 2009, 11:51 fujiJuice

Ah but if they released a game today on the Diablo 2 engine, I don't think that would fly.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2?
6. Re: Borderlands 2? Nov 11, 2009, 12:15 fujiJuice

I would love the ability to socket weapons with mods, I know the class mods do that to a limited extent, but sometimes you find an amazing weapon with some particular limitation. It would be awesome to throw on a scope or up the magazine size, though I suppose they did that intentionally.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 2009, 12:16.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Race Changes Underway
1. Re: World of Warcraft Race Changes Underway Oct 27, 2009, 17:39 fujiJuice

Seems like the last year or more the game has been in different hands. Lots of things that were sacrilege before are now commonplace.

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2009, 17:39.

News Comments > Saboteur Not Really so Cuddly
2. Re: Saboteur Not Really so Cuddly Aug 19, 2009, 19:07 fujiJuice

I too had this problem, eventually gave up.  

News Comments > Steam Downtime Tomorrow
4. Re: Steam Downtime Tomorrow Aug 5, 2009, 12:37 fujiJuice

I guess you got me there.  

News Comments > Steam Downtime Tomorrow
2. Re: Steam Downtime Tomorrow Aug 5, 2009, 12:05 fujiJuice

I like how they scheduled it during peak playing time, that was a good idea.  

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
56. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 18:56 fujiJuice

I guess I'll go ahead and be the first one to say I really enjoyed this game and found little to complain about, far more enjoyable than most other titles that seem to be critically and commercially successful as of late.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Lobby Browser
8. Re: Left 4 Dead Lobby Browser Jul 16, 2009, 22:08 fujiJuice

Having to type a command in the console to get the Server Browser is hardly a way to provide it properly. Also the new lobby browser, either I don't get it, or it sucks big time and they didn't really do anything.

This comment was edited on Jul 16, 2009, 22:09.

News Comments > Nuclear Dawn Dawns
5. Re: Nuclear Dawn Dawns Jul 10, 2009, 13:41 fujiJuice

That's http://www.blackmesasource.com/ and if the video is any indication it looks to be awesome. Hopefully it's released soon.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Details?
2. Re: Max Payne 3 Details? Jun 10, 2009, 21:25 fujiJuice

I really hate cover systems.  

News Comments > G-Force Game Revealed
2. Re: G-Force Game Revealed Mar 30, 2009, 11:10 fujiJuice

Man I thought it would have some relation to Extreme G, then I wasted an hour watching Extreme G video on youtube.  

News Comments > On the LEGO Universe Delay
11. Re: On the LEGO Universe Delay Feb 17, 2009, 20:49 fujiJuice

But because its a polygon box with a face on it, somehow a miracle happens and they can make it entertaining?!

The games really must be tried to be appreciated. They aren't simply making the characters LEGO and calling it a day. The LEGO aspect factors very heavily into the gameplay. Could they have come up with something to replace LEGO, and still have the same game? Perhaps, but it wouldn't be nearly as charming.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead DLC Free
6. Re: Left 4 Dead DLC Free Feb 11, 2009, 14:57 fujiJuice

It doesn't mention steam anywhere.  

News Comments > Weekend Sales
31. Re: Weekend Sales Jan 11, 2009, 12:01 fujiJuice

I've never seen GOG.com before, anyone here familiar with the service, is it worthwhile? Site looks pretty cool.  

News Comments > Sacred 2: Fallen Angel Demo
10. Gave it a try. Sep 29, 2008, 17:02 fujiJuice

Tried it for about 20 mins, seems like something fans of hack and slash gameplay will enjoy. The graphics are quite good, and the area you start in is somewhat open for exploration, atleast in my opinion more than Titan Quest, which I felt was too linear. You aren't as free as you should be, but I'll take what I can get.

I tend to get bored of this kind of gameplay, very quickly, however here it took a little longer, but it still happened.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2008 Tickets on Sale
2. Re: Crash & Burn Aug 11, 2008, 13:12 fujiJuice

Indeed, you can't even get through on the phone.

News Comments > BlizzCon 2008 Tickets in August
14. No subject Jul 30, 2008, 13:58 fujiJuice

Yeah hopefully tickets are going to operate the way they always have to keep people from ebaying them, seriously those people deserve to get screwed.

News Comments > id: User Content "Not a Huge Consideration"
47. No subject Jun 24, 2008, 17:52 fujiJuice

I'm not going to call CoD4 a Quake 3 engine game, but the engine is clearly based off of it, which is all I was trying to prove in the first place.

OK I am in agreement with you then. Celebrations!

News Comments > id: User Content "Not a Huge Consideration"
41. No subject Jun 24, 2008, 17:43 fujiJuice

Quake3 was achieved my the command cvardump, CoD4 commands gathered through dvardump. Those are just the net_ and cl_ commands. I trimmed out some of the CoD4 specific commands just to make it a bit easier to read. Anybody can do exactly what I did and get the same results.

So is this all one big coincidence then? Or maybe the CoD4 engine isn't quite as proprietary as they're stating?

What I think is the situation here, is that it's both. Who wants to reinvent the wheel? I'm sure they are just going off the simple fact that the engine they once bought from id has been hacked apart and rebuilt too such an extent that they can now legally call it their own.

Let's say I build a house, then I sell that house to you. You move in, change some fixtures, paint it a different color, maybe rip out the carpet and put in hardwood flooring. You certainly can't say you built the house, but you did give your own style. (Game engine licensing)

Now let's say I build a house, then sell it to you, and you tear the whole bitch down to the foundation. I mean no point in pouring a whole new one, since it's a good starting point. Maybe you'll modify the foundation a bit, but it's given you a good starting point. Now you build your own house, to your own specs, with your own number of rooms and just how you like it. I can no longer say I built your house, even though if you go in the basement you can see my name scratched into one of the bricks. (Proprietary engine)

Not a perfect analogy, but maybe it will help you sponge.

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 17:45.

553 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo