Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 548 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Ex-Devs Slam RTW
14. Re: Ex-Devs Slam RTW Aug 25, 2010, 13:32 fujiJuice

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 12:46:
Try telling your bank/investors you are making a MMO game without a monthly fee

It wasn't an MMO, that was my point, and if you think it is an MMO, you either haven't played an MMO, or you haven't played an FPS in the past 5 years. It was a typical FPS with progression, only difference is the servers could hold about twice as many people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ex-Devs Slam RTW
10. Re: Ex-Devs Slam RTW Aug 25, 2010, 12:39 fujiJuice

Saturated fat wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 11:59:
Pro-tip: If your game is unbelievably fun it will withstand a poor business model. If your game is mediocre, even a fool proof business model won't save it.

While this is true, I agree with the Devs on the mistake of charging a monthly fee. There is simply no reason to do this, many games out today offer the same type of gameplay with no subscription required. A monthly fee was just a greedy attempt to make more money, and it came back to bite them in the ass. I'd bet they would of sold 50% more copies if the extra fees weren't present, and the reviews might have been more favorable as well. I personally didn't care for it during the beta, but I am sure some did, but also felt it just wasn't enough to require a subscription.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mafia II
42. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mafia II Aug 24, 2010, 12:58 fujiJuice

Syd wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 12:40:
I have 100 000$ worth of pro audio pirated softwares and soundbanks... now that's epeen worthy and yeah i'm a thief, can you stop me ?

meanwhile there is 15536 people leeching the clone... yeah blame me.

Nevermind, a worthless troll be here.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2010, 13:24.

News Comments > On APB Support
3. Re: On APB Support Aug 19, 2010, 14:27 fujiJuice

Ruffiana wrote on Aug 19, 2010, 13:16:
I wish more MMO developers would take this tact. I can't think of a "failed" MMO that couldn't have been sustained on some level and still be profitable enough to be self-sustaining. Netdevil kept support going to Jumpgate with less than 1500 players.

If they could do it, I can't imagine they wouldn't. I mean after having invested millions into a game, if it were at all possible for me to turn some profit each month, no matter how little, I would do it.

News Comments > Mafia II Trailer
15. Re: Mafia II Trailer Aug 19, 2010, 11:06 fujiJuice

Oh man, for those of you that haven't played the original, get with the program, an absolutely amazing game. A little dated in the graphics department, but still great gameplay and story, and hard as hell.  

News Comments > Portal 2 in February 2011
5. Re: Portal 2 in February 2011 Aug 18, 2010, 12:34 fujiJuice

Verno wrote on Aug 18, 2010, 12:30:
The Source engine may be a pain in the ass to work with but it is very scalable.

I didn't mean that as a dig, I like source engine.

News Comments > Portal 2 in February 2011
3. Re: Portal 2 in February 2011 Aug 18, 2010, 12:21 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2010, 11:04:
Whoo-hoo! I think I picked the perfect time to get a new computer!

While a new computer is always a good thing, I don't think Portal 2 is really going to push the limits of anything. Unless they have updated the source engine for it, I would imagine it is going to be Portal 1 with new maps and some new textures plus the extra gadgets. All of which is fine with me.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Next Month
6. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Next Month Aug 18, 2010, 12:14 fujiJuice

The Shire is pretty cool, and the graphics are very good, definitely not a slapped together MMO like most these days. I played for a bit as a hobbit but got bored during some pie delivery quest, never got back into it for some reason.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Trailer
1. Re: Torchlight II Trailer Aug 18, 2010, 11:09 fujiJuice

I have to say, I am excited for this, but man that video was terrible. One minute of text then muddy video of unidentifiable things.

Edit: Nevermind for some reason the video defaulted 240p.

News Comments > The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Next Month
2. Re: The Lord of the Rings Online Goes Free Next Month Aug 18, 2010, 11:05 fujiJuice

How could it have revolutionized the industry if it isn't even out yet?  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Aug 16, 2010, 17:21 fujiJuice

I'm not very versed in game engine programming, but I can't imagine an RTS engine is in any way similar to an MMO engine. I don't see why they wouldn't just take the WOW engine, upgrade and optimize the shit out of it, and then just throw in a ton of new assets.  

News Comments > Worms Reloaded Trailer
2. Re: Worms Reloaded Trailer Aug 16, 2010, 14:27 fujiJuice

Welcome, yeah it should be pretty awesome, it is a game that fits perfectly with the steam model.

On another note, I wish steam would add some free simple games, like chess, checkers and such.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T Aug 14, 2010, 13:03 fujiJuice

Prez wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 12:35:
And yes, I asked my wife and she says they adamantly oppose the Patriot Act.

Ok well that is good, tell her fujiJuice approves.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Tea Party Groups Out AGAINST Net Neutrality. T Aug 14, 2010, 12:23 fujiJuice

It appears, like most things, that the Tea Party is just looking for something to be mad about. As far as I understand it, however I could be wrong since it is a somewhat complicated issue, is that the government doesn't want control of the internet, they want to make sure no one can control the internet. As in, have a neutral internet, one where any service or site, including Drudge and Washington Times, and P2P and streaming video, have an equal opportunity to reach the consumer. Net neutrality is basically saying, we like the way the internet is now, and you are not allowed to change the way it works in the future, by offering tiered services or restrict content.

Take bluesnews.com for example, let's say your internet service provider decides they want to have a game news site, it's a growing industry and they want a part of it. All they have to do is flip a switch, bam, no more bluesnews if you are using their service, you must use their site. It is basically a fear that the internet will one day come to this, and I don't doubt it will, the internet is still very young, and companies are still trying to find out how to make the most money. It will crush the spirit that created the internet and turn into just one more commercialized piece of junk. To say we can trust the ISP to never go down that road is a naive way to go about it, we have already seen them place bandwidth caps and throttle certain services.

Tea Party activist should be more concerned about the Patriot Act, I am sure that probably includes the ability to do the things they fear to their propaganda machines.

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
86. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 11, 2010, 16:20 fujiJuice

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 15:46:
Once you cancel the preorder from Steam, I'm assuming your copy of Mafia 1 will disappear too. But it would be an interesting loophole if it didn't. Shifty

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what happens, it would be nice if it kept it, but not too big a deal if it didn't, like I said I do have a physical copy around here somewhere. I was hoping to beat it first before canceling on steam, but I forgot how brutally hard the game is most of the time, I wanted to smash things at certain points, however it is also one of the great things about it.

News Comments > Mafia II Demo
84. Re: Mafia II Demo Aug 11, 2010, 15:44 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 14:22:
I thought someone here had posted that 1 is not available separately until AFTER 2 "ships", which may explain why it's not in your cart as it's own item, currently. I've not tired this to verify it, however...

No, I had pre-ordered to get my Mafia 1 fix in before 2 came out, and was too lazy to find my disc. I was able to play Mafia 1 right away, however I'm canceling my pre-order on Steam and getting the collectors edition. I have been waiting for this game forever and want a physical copy, as well as the digital, which I am sure you get when you install it, since it needs Steam regardless. I also want to play as soon as possible, not the typical, wait until Valve decides to unlock it, BS.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions
30. Re: QUAKE LIVE Premium Subscriptions Aug 7, 2010, 16:39 fujiJuice

Make it Quake 1, and I'll be interested. I never really liked Quake 3, give me original Quake, doesn't get any better than capture the flag on E1M3.  

News Comments > StarCraft II Patched
9. Re: StarCraft II Patched Jul 31, 2010, 02:31 fujiJuice

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 23:07:
If I want to be on-line, I'll tell you I want to be on-line. Also, is there some way to opt-out of the Real ID stuff? It seems they auto-implemented it on my battle.net account.

I believe logging into battle.net and going into parental controls allows you to disable RealID.

News Comments > On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing
3. Re: On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing Jul 27, 2010, 10:50 fujiJuice

Zyrxil wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 10:40:
/palmface
How about letting your customers choose what is acceptable, ATI? Exe-name dependent AA, what a joke.

Seriously, if someone has sense enough to go into the control panel and enable it, I would think they could come to the conclusion about why their FPS dropped. If they are ok with that, so what, if they aren't, they will turn it off again.

News Comments > 38 Studios' RI Loan Approved
1. Re: 38 Studios' RI Loan Approved Jul 27, 2010, 10:47 fujiJuice

While it seems Curt Schilling is passionate about games, and I hope he succeeds with his company, from what I read this deal seems unfair to other small business owners of Rhode Island.  

548 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo