Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 548 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure
25. Re: On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure Sep 17, 2010, 17:16 fujiJuice

Stolk wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 16:34:
So you really don't understand what he means by referring to an MMO as a service and how it differs from a movie? And you don't really know what he means when he says MMOs have no endings? Or did you just get stuck in the one-upping mentality of internet forums and just can't let it go?

No, quite the opposite, which is why I gave reasons why I 'think' that he is incorrect. It is how debates work, he offers points, I offer counterpoints, I am perfectly willing to concede when I 'think' am wrong, which I have done before on this very site. If, however, I don't 'think' that I am incorrect I will defend my position, as anyone should. Except yourself of course, the very act of countering what I have just written will cause your initial accusations to be hypocritical.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure Sep 17, 2010, 15:57 fujiJuice

Beamer wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 15:30:
No, that's a terrible analogy.
A movie isn't a service, an MMO is.
A movie has an ending, an MMO doesn't. Especially this one.

A better analogy would be if you bought a ticket that allows you to see as many movies as you want in a month but the theater closed after two weeks.

Well around where I live they rarely if ever let you take the movie home from the theater so we have service theaters not sure what you have.

Also no MMO in past or future is going to last forever... "especially this one", so yes they do have endings.

20. Re: On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure Sep 17, 2010, 15:18 fujiJuice

D_K_night wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 15:10:
Well here's the real test. Is APB still being sold at Gamestop/EBgames?

I am sure they are selling that and pre-orders for RTW's next game.

18. Re: On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure Sep 17, 2010, 15:03 fujiJuice

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Sep 17, 2010, 14:24:
Beamer isn't saying anything anti-consumer, he's just saying what happens in certain situations. You seem to think pointing at any given consumer-screwover and saying "That's not fair!" will magically fix it. It won't.

He is making horrible analogies though that are in no way comparable, and using them for his argument. A better but not perfect analogy would be going to the movies, buying a ticket, enjoying the movie for a half hour then they abruptly stop the movie because it wasn't making enough money. The theater gave me a ticket that promised two and half hours of entertainment and I got less than one. I would certainly be entitled to a refund or at the very least a ticket to another movie.

You buy an MMO you are taking a risk that it could eventually close, I'm not saying it should last forever, and it certainly won't. Yet the game (most anyway) comes with 30 days of play, for you to get anything less than that is not getting what you payed for. This is the only industry where you can not return items, shit I can return food if it isn't what I was promised.

As for his analogies, products like a vacuum cleaner will eventually break, if one does so within the return time frame of the store you bought it from, most likely 15-30 days, full refund, or store credit. The gift card, you might be screwed on that, but you weren't given a specific time frame on the gift card, if it said gift card with 30 days of use it you would probably have some recourse (expiration date is different). However that point is moot since a brick and mortar store needs time to wind down it is not going to just shut its doors.

News Comments > Steam Wallet Beta
13. Re: Steam Wallet Beta Sep 14, 2010, 01:02 fujiJuice

I can see this just becoming an endless headache for them, especially when people start hacking accounts and just gifting peoples money away either to themselves or at random.

justice7 wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 22:27:
i'm willing to bet the reason they did this, was to begin selling 'steam cards' in stores.

This is most likely the reason, gift cards are big business, especially since probably half of them get forgotten and never used, just free money for them.

News Comments > PC Battlefield 1943 (Not) Released [Updated]
5. Re: PC Battlefield 1943 Released Sep 8, 2010, 22:37 fujiJuice

What the eff?  

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
5. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Sep 4, 2010, 01:40 fujiJuice

What happened to gas powered games, wasn't this their franchise?  

News Comments > Take-Two Financial Results
7. Re: Take-Two Financial Results Sep 3, 2010, 11:58 fujiJuice

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2010, 23:55:
RDR on the PC would be unbelievably awesome. If you can do away with the whole auto-aim thing, it'd be such an incredible experience.

Trying to shoot someone off a horse, while you are on a horse, without auto-aim would be damn near impossible I think.

News Comments > Gold - LEGO Universe
3. Re: Gold - LEGO Universe Sep 2, 2010, 15:21 fujiJuice

Dev wrote on Sep 2, 2010, 15:09:
I like the look of the screenshots, but I need to hear from people who have tried it before I seriously consider getting it. And if its a pay monthly, I'm very unlikely to get into it at all.

I tried the beta several months ago, it didn't really appeal to me, it was extremely basic gameplay and the graphics were blah. It is possible it has improved greatly, I haven't played it in quite some time. I was excited for this, but I remember not playing the beta for very long, and I think I recall it giving me a headache.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Complete?
28. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Complete? Sep 2, 2010, 12:49 fujiJuice

Even if it comes to market, which I doubt, it will never, ever, recovery the money spent on it, making it a failure before it even hits shelves.  

News Comments > Windowed Worms Reloaded
1. Re: Windowed Worms Reloaded Sep 1, 2010, 15:49 fujiJuice

Every game should have a windowed mode.  

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
50. Re: Analyst: Mafia II Aug 31, 2010, 07:48 fujiJuice

Jerykk wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 04:23:
You sure you were playing on the highest detail settings? I thought the graphics were great. Lots of high-res textures everywhere, especially on the characters. Some very nice lighting and modeling too, especially with the cars. Definitely one of the better-looking games this year.

I agree, something is wrong there, an absolutely amazing looking game, you either need to go back and look at GTA, or check your settings.

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
40. Re: Analyst: Mafia II Aug 31, 2010, 01:53 fujiJuice

Jerykk wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 01:09:
I didn't even know that you could disable the alarm. I assumed that the mission was completely linear and that you had to trigger it.

Yeah there are a lot of extra bits to some mission I didn't even notice until my second play-through trying to get achievements, the descriptions pretty much point out your other options.

As for the game itself, let me start by saying I really enjoyed it, and I have been waiting since I finished the first one shortly after release. It is still to this day one of my all time favorite games, and I am amazed by the number of gamers I encounter who have never even heard of it.

Now while I enjoyed Mafia 2 greatly, I hardly think it is perfect and I really do feel they missed out on several chances to make it even better. For staters, one of the best parts of the first one was free ride extreme, after completing the story, so many great challenges to unlock new cars. I remember playing that endlessly, some of the challenges were damn near impossible, but added a lot more longevity to the title. I really hope this is added in a DLC, Jimmy's Vendetta seems like it might be similar. Also, the story was a bit more cohesive, now I really enjoyed Mafia 2's story, but it seems erratic in some parts and the whole time in prison seems really drawn out and just a time killer. The way that mission carried the story along, I can appreciate, but some of the activties in there just slowed down the pace too much.

It is obvious to me, as well as others from what I have read, that the game was initially longer, but was trimmed down, for what I assume will be forthcoming DLC's. You are introduced to several characters but never really hear much about them after that, and the side missions aren't really missions at all. My theory on this is that the game was much more involved, had many more side missions, and a longer story. This is pure speculation, but I am thinking maybe, given the extremely long development, money was running short, and to the rescue comes Take 2. Take 2 buys Illusion Softworks, makes a load of changes, and rips out a ton of content to place inside DLC's for extra revenue down the line. Again, I am basing this on nothing but my own interpretation of the final product and the timeline of everything.

News Comments > AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name
44. Re: AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name Aug 30, 2010, 17:46 fujiJuice

Rigs wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 17:36:
Ain't karma a bitch?!? ;P

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

38. Re: AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name Aug 30, 2010, 16:47 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 16:43:
Hellbinder? Take it down a notch? If anything he needs to crank it up...that post had a severe lack of his usual hellfire and damnation.

Ah ok, carry on then.

35. Re: AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name Aug 30, 2010, 16:34 fujiJuice

Hellbinder wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 16:18:
The couple posters on this forum are in all likely hood paid nvidia hacks. And no i am not a paid AMD hack. I am just informed and tired of the garbage.

Is it ironic that this is the first comment in this thread so overwhelmingly biased that it is guilty of the very things it rails against?

I am not saying you are incorrect, or a liar, but my god man, take it down a notch.

31. Re: AMD Dropping the ATI Brand Name Aug 30, 2010, 15:49 fujiJuice

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 15:16:
I remember when I finally gave up on my 3DFX card and had to choose between ATI or NVIDIA, and the biggest issue that pushed me to NVIDIA was driver support. Both companies have good hardware, but ATI has over a decade history of shotty driver support.

I used to use a lot of ATI products, video cards, and tv tuners, but the Catalyst Control Center completely turned me off to them, it just got worse and worse. Such a bloated piece of garbage, you could choose not to install I believe, but then you had no controls. This was some years ago, I would hope they have trashed it and moved on, but I doubt it.

However on the otherside, I know 4 people, including myself, who had an 8800gtx that melted.

News Comments > BlizzCon Offering In-Game Items
12. Re: BlizzCon Offering In-Game Items Aug 26, 2010, 23:45 fujiJuice

TheWhistlingPig wrote on Aug 26, 2010, 17:04:
They jumped the shark shortly after release, with that mini Diablo pet.

WoW has been and continues to be an MMO that consciously disregards artistic rigor or integrity in the name of "fun".

As someone already pointed out, the Diablo pet was the one of the original collectors edition rewards, so technically you are saying the game jumped the shark the very second it started.

Also, did you just complain about a "game" trying to be "fun"?

News Comments > Ex-Devs Slam RTW
20. Re: Ex-Devs Slam RTW Aug 25, 2010, 15:40 fujiJuice

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:58:
Mhh, i wrote it off because it was touted as a MMO and i have sworn after WoW, never again to touch any mmo I guess my perception is different in that matter, i don't care what PR spreads before a release, if it says mmo i am not interested.

To me its as if apb never existed

Exactly! It should never have been called an MMO to begin with, and definitely should never have had a monthly fee.

News Comments > Ex-Devs Slam RTW
16. Re: Ex-Devs Slam RTW Aug 25, 2010, 14:12 fujiJuice

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:06:
No matter... game failed and probably not because of the monthly rates. APB looks to me like a mediocre 3rd person shooter whether it was a real mmo or not.. makes no difference

Sure it does, more people are inclined to try a game if they know it's a one time payment. I'm not saying it's a great game, I'm simply saying right from the beginning they eliminated a good portion of potential customers by having a monthly fee attached. I can guarantee without any doubt in my mind, that they would have had a significantly larger number of sales if it didn't have that stigma of 'MMO' attached. Would it have been enough to not call it a failure? Who knows, probably not, but to say a monthly fee doesn't affect sales of a game, is incorrect in my opinion.

This comment was edited on Aug 25, 2010, 14:24.

548 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo