Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 553 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Welcomes You Back
37. Re: WoW Welcomes You Back Nov 15, 2010, 20:09 fujiJuice

I'd just like to add my name to the class of people who neither hate it, or are completely consumed by it, but simply enjoy it in moderation.

lung-butter wrote on Nov 15, 2010, 14:03:
I decided to try starcraft instead of wow. Games lasted only 10-30 minutes and it was over!

WoW lasts as long as the user wants, this is where personal responsibility comes into play. I am perfectly capable of playing an MMO for 30 minutes, and so are you, it is your choice to continue.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > K2 Buys APB?
8. Re: K2 Buys APB? Nov 11, 2010, 11:38 fujiJuice

kxmode wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 11:09:
K2 didn't buy the IP to reactive it. They bought their technology in a salvage sale to make games. Why spend tens of millions of dollars to develop an engine when you can buy one for 1.5M pounds (2.4M $US)?

What makes you say this, was there even any special technology behind the game, from what I played I did not see anything particularly innovative? I believe it was a modified unreal engine as well, so they wouldn't even be getting their own custom engine. If it was a full fledged MMO engine I could see that kind of investment paying off, but not for what it is currently. I realize it cost way more than that too make, but that doesn't give it value.

News Comments > K2 Buys APB?
7. Re: K2 Buys APB? Nov 11, 2010, 11:10 fujiJuice

As I am sure you will be able to buy extra stuff with real money, they should give people who bought the game $50 in credit.  

News Comments > Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne
1. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 15:05 fujiJuice

I would say just give up at this point.  

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1
7. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 14:57 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Oct 23, 2010, 13:45:
Uh that kid breaking leg thing is a bit inappropriate... he looks retarded or handicapped in some way. And I didn't think he looked fat, he had hunchback like posture... And I he wasn't dancing as much as he was doing a one man mosh pit. The whole thing strikes me as cruel to make fun of.

While I don't think it is right to make fun of him, I think his hunchback was him being in undead male character.

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1
6. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 14:54 fujiJuice

Sepharo wrote on Oct 23, 2010, 13:30:
I have a friend there right now. He's raving about Diablo 3, says it exceeded his expectations by far.

I had a chance to play multiplayer several years ago at Blizzcon, it seemed polished and ready to go then.

News Comments > On PC Battlefield 3
10. Re: On PC Battlefield 3 Oct 21, 2010, 11:28 fujiJuice

They need to get back to the 1942 model, of huge maps, planes that aren't invincible, large naval battles, and the ability to swim for more than 5 seconds.  

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced
3. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 11:17 fujiJuice

I would also like to add, where the hell is onslaught for pc, looked fun?  

News Comments > Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced
1. Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2: Vietnam Priced Oct 21, 2010, 11:12 fujiJuice

Would of been happier with free or $10 or less, but with as much time and enjoyment I have gotten out of BC2 I think I'll bite.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers
5. Re: NVIDIA Beta Derivers Oct 11, 2010, 23:35 fujiJuice

jimnms wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 23:12:
The reason I checked is I got a strange error while playing a game tonight. The game dropped to the desktop and there was an info box down by the system tray that said something about the display driver failed and has recovered. After the second time I checked for a new driver.

I get that error quite a lot in Photoshop CS5 when OpenGL is turned on, I never had it with that program, until I upgraded to 258.96. Unfortunately while it does keep the system from crashing, Photoshop becomes unusable and must be forced closed. I do appreciate the ability of Vista/7 to keep the system from crashing when that happens.

News Comments > Tenacious D at BlizzCon
32. Re: Tenacious D at BlizzCon Oct 11, 2010, 23:22 fujiJuice

Flatline wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 19:34:
Paying 50 dollars to watch other people party and have fun isn't a luxury.

Unless you're that much of a basement-dweller.

I think you misunderstand what I meant, I am calling it a luxury because it is not a necessity, the only necessities in life are food and shelter. I bet if I come to your shelter right now I'll find a lot more than just food. I also bet I could find quite a few things in your life that you have spent money on that do not have a single redeeming quality other than they make you happy, for however brief a time.

wasteoid wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 14:31:
Sounds like someone bought a $25 mount for WoW.

Read again, I basically said I have.

News Comments > Tenacious D at BlizzCon
3. Re: Tenacious D at BlizzCon Oct 11, 2010, 14:18 fujiJuice

Shok wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 14:00:
There's an in-game pet for buying the virtual ticket too so I guess a lot of WoW completists will have to buy it just for the pet. I still laugh everytime I see one of those $25 mounts in WoW.

Why, how is it different than paying for anything else that is considered a luxury? If it adds any additional enjoyment to your life and you can afford it, who cares. Sure it is a virtual item, but to get philosophical here, is anything really an object you can have for eternity, no, unless you are immortal. Are they overpriced, sure, but if you can afford it, and want it, don't let 'What will other people think' affect your decision. Same goes for the Virtual Ticket, you get an item in the game, and 50 hours of coverage, which includes many panels that often contain interesting talks from the developers.

Yes I have spent money on such things in games, do I regret them, no. I feel I have used them to enough to be equal to any other price of entertainment, such as a movie, a ride, a nice dinner, a concert, a sporting event. I think sports are a huge waste of time and get absolutely no entertainment from them, I would never in a million years pay even a dollar to see one live but some people spend thousands because it makes them happy. Good for them.

/end rant

News Comments > On Battle.Net 2.0
4. Re: On Battle.Net 2.0 Oct 8, 2010, 15:27 fujiJuice

Verno wrote on Oct 8, 2010, 12:44:
I think it's probably built for performance scaling, not feature scalability.

Ah, I was unaware, I haven't been keeping tabs on the features of it, and I have only played SC2 briefly. They are fools for not designing it to adapt both ways.

News Comments > On Battle.Net 2.0
2. Re: On Battle.Net 2.0 Oct 8, 2010, 12:24 fujiJuice

Verno wrote on Oct 8, 2010, 11:35:
While I'm sure the matchmaking process itself was labor intensive to create and support on the backend, the rest of battle.net 2.0 is pretty lean on features.

While I agree, I am sure they crafted the backend to make it extremely scalable for the ability to add or remove features almost like plugins, if they didn't I would be very surprised.

News Comments > Pitchford: DNF Cost Broussard $20-30M
41. Re: Pitchford: DNF Cost Broussard $20-30M Oct 7, 2010, 19:19 fujiJuice

Baudkarma wrote on Oct 7, 2010, 18:10:
What I'm wondering about is the rest of the team that was working on DNF over at 3DR. I'm pretty sure they were promised a cut when DNF came out. Did they get screwed when 3DR went under and Gearbox picked the game up out of the ashes?

Maybe that was the plan towards the end when things began to reach an end and George realized just how much he was going to owe these people. Speculating of course, he could be a nice guy incapable of such things.

15. Re: Pitchford: DNF Cost Broussard $20-30M Oct 7, 2010, 13:07 fujiJuice

Verno wrote on Oct 7, 2010, 12:47:
Yeah, I think it will come down how much Gearbox is willing to throw into advertising as the console market needs big bucks to move units and there's no way DNF will be profitable on PC sales alone.

I am sure it is going to be promoted to death, maybe not TV commercials like Halo or RDR, but everywhere else.

The main problem I feel this game might have is, when it first came out, most of us loved it because it was so different from everything else. The game poked fun at itself and was just so outrageous in many aspects, like enemies, guns, levels, and it all came together to be a lot of fun. There haven't been a whole lot of games that have done the same thing, but there have been some great ones, so it isn't so original anymore. Maybe it can find an audience with teenagers who don't remember the original, or have never played MDK, Giants, Postal, even though I never liked it, or anything else totally off the wall (poor examples but all I can think of right now).

We shall see, I know for me, if the game just tries to be silly for the sake of being silly, and isn't it a complete package or any fun, I will pass.

4. Re: Pitchford: DNF Cost Broussard $20-30M Oct 7, 2010, 11:08 fujiJuice

SM0k3 wrote on Oct 7, 2010, 10:55:
Why does this reek of bullsh*t?

I believe it, there is no way he would of let 3D Realms close down if he had the money left to keep it open.

News Comments > Zenimax Media Raises Cash
1. Re: Zenimax Media Raises Cash Oct 7, 2010, 11:03 fujiJuice

I realize technically that is a lot of money, but from their standpoint it doesn't really seem like it, how much did they pay for id software. I wonder what it is for.  

1. Re: Pitchford: DNF Cost Broussard $20-30M Oct 7, 2010, 10:42 fujiJuice

That is definitely insanity, I wonder how George feels about Randy taking the spotlight now that it is finally coming out, something I am sure he was looking forward to.  

News Comments > New Steam Client
3. Re: New Steam Client Oct 5, 2010, 16:03 fujiJuice

DG wrote on Oct 5, 2010, 15:36:
Bah Steam being a PITA since this update. It oculdnt find connection so I had to delete clientregistry.blob, which it took ages to re-download and now it's barely got any connection for the Civ V update (yeah I tried resetting the DL location).

It is because of the left4dead updates I am sure.

553 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo