Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 548 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo
28. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 12:46 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 11:40:
It's important because people need to know who you are. It is in the developers best interest to be a separate identity from the publisher because the publisher has their name slathered all over everything on your game so that without an ego people will simply assume your game is made by activision. Or EA. An ego is something people remember. An identity of your own gives you the ability to promote yourself rather than having some massive publisher promote your work as their own under their banner of products. Richard Garriot? Chris Roberts? Gabe Newell? These names sound familiar? Cliffy B, something Jaffe, Sid Meier, Warren Specter?

These things can all be accomplished in without an obnoxious ego, and I don't want to live in a world where they can't be.

Tumbler wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 11:40:
And the comment about many purchases from pc gamers to get them there, I don't think it's appropriate for "pc gamers" to take credit for anyone's success. They had a good product and sold it, a good product will likely sell on any platform.

You misunderstand what I said. If I am just starting out and my first few games are PC only, that means only PC gamers could buy them, if they didn't I would be out of business. It doesn't mean they are responsible for my success, but without them I would have no success since there would of been no one to buy my games. Now that they are on any platform you seem to think it is OK for him to insult his first customers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo
17. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 10:56 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 10:02:
Eh...heh....holy shit ppl. I see this kind of comment a lot here. A developer that made a pc game you liked in the past has betrayed you because he's not making game specifically for the pc anymore...

Being able to build and publish multiple games across a decade or more is impressive, spanning multiple platforms, creating new IP's, growing a company as you go. All that does not get credited to PC gaming.

I think you misunderstand why people consider him a douche, he makes a flippant remark about pc gamers, when they are a reason (not the sole reason) he is where he is. He didn't just wake up one day and start making games on multiple platforms and new IPs, it took many purchases from pc gamers like us to get him there. Companies rarely grow without revenue.

Tumbler wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 10:02:
And developers shouldn't have ego's!? Are you fucking kidding me!? They are the rockstars of our industry. Who should have an ego if not them?

Why is it necessary anyone have one, I'd prefer no one did?

News Comments > New FRAPS
4. Re: New FRAPS Jan 5, 2011, 11:30 fujiJuice

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 07:55:
I bought it quiet a few years ago for $15 or $20 something like that, came with lifetime updates. It's been a great investment imo, but $40 is a little too much money for it.

Yeah me too, totally worth it then.

News Comments > R.U.S.E. DLC Release and Issues
2. Re: R.U.S.E. DLC Release and Issues Jan 1, 2011, 11:55 fujiJuice

Dev wrote on Dec 31, 2010, 19:30:
I have no doubt ubisoft's crazy DRM is mixed up in this somehow.

I thought they had decided to not include it in this game, although I suppose the DLC could of had it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2010, 11:30 fujiJuice

Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 11:19:
I wonder if the new internet-enabled Comcast boxes are as slow and miserable as the current ones.

Their boxes desperately need an overhaul, I don't know when that UI was built, but it looks late 90's. Apart from having better service, and customer service, Verizon's set top boxes are also awesome.

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
8. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 11:53 fujiJuice

kimbambaman wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 11:27:
So I haven't played WoW since before the first expansion came out. I think I got as high as level 35 and got tired of it. Does Cataclysm change the game enough (or the other expansions for that matter) that I should give it another look? Or is the same interminable series of fetch and kill quests plagued by gold seller spam?

I would say give it a try, they have a 7 day or 10 day, can't remember how long, trial for previous owners, so you can use your old character. The old world has changed a lot, some really neat and different style quests, of course there are still your fair share of kill and fetch quests. The skills and talents have been overhauled greatly, and the graphics improved in areas, however I never had a problem with the graphics, but the new water is beautiful.

Not sure when the change occurred, but you can get mounts sooner, so that might have been after you left, so you could have a mount now, and then get your epic at 40. Makes life easier, I think that was their overall goal, to remove tedium, but I miss some of it to be honest.

What I don't like, I think there are too many flight paths, and the sometimes auto quest turn in, it is convenient but removes some of the immersion. Also while it saves time, having almost all the quests available in the instances for you is kind of lame, and removes the exploration factor. Even those this happened a while ago, I don't like that an account can have to factions on one server.

It is a fine line they walk I suppose, keeping everyone happy, overall I am pleased. I would however kill for an original release server (an official one), for times when I want the old wow. Too bad that will never happen.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
28. Re: Quote of the Day Dec 12, 2010, 10:17 fujiJuice

I don't think single player is going anywhere, there are just far too many gameplay scenarios where multiplayer simply wouldn't work. The internet is filled with idiots and assholes (no offense). I do not look forward to the day where my enjoyment of a video game rests solely on those I am playing with or against.

When a new game has both modes, I usually play the single player first to get a feel for the gameplay and experience a story.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Midnight Events
9. Re: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Midnight Events Dec 3, 2010, 12:12 fujiJuice

So people on the east coast really wont be able to play until 3am? I can't recall what happened on the previous expansions.  

News Comments > ANNO 1404/Dawn of Discovery Patches
3. Re: ANNO 1404/Dawn of Discovery Patches Nov 30, 2010, 10:54 fujiJuice

Thank you  

News Comments > ANNO 1404/Dawn of Discovery Patches
1. Re: ANNO 1404/Dawn of Discovery Patches Nov 29, 2010, 23:44 fujiJuice

Would like some english patch notes.  

News Comments > On Sale [Updated]
13. Re: On Sale [Updated] Nov 26, 2010, 20:39 fujiJuice

Gymper wrote on Nov 26, 2010, 19:07:
Compared to the Steam sales last year for Black Friday and over the 4th of July this year, this list is, well....uninspiring and shallow to say the least.

Did steam even have black friday sales before? You might be thinking of their epic christmas sales every year.

News Comments > OnLive Thanks Early Adopters
4. Re: OnLive Thanks Early Adopters Nov 25, 2010, 23:35 fujiJuice

Tanto Edge wrote on Nov 25, 2010, 19:43:
Imagine if they could emulate through iPhone or Android?
There's no end to the possibilities.
Stream Doom to your Android, stream Crysis to the iPhone.

The thing is that those devices will probably keep pace with this kind of technology. While, I doubt iPhone could play Crysis, I've seen it render some amazing 3D, and my Android can play Quake 2 no problem. I've used OnLive, and it is better than I thought it would be, but the pricing is absolutely insane, and at this point has no real advantages for me. I would imagine that when mobile broadband is fast enough for this service to even function, the phones will already be capable of running the games on their own.

News Comments > On Sale
27. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2010, 22:05 fujiJuice

A little heads up on the Steam contest, you need to have a minimum of 10 games in your wishlist to be eligible. Just in case you didn't randomly notice that in the rules.  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Patch Nears
1. Re: Bad Company 2 Patch Nears Nov 23, 2010, 22:51 fujiJuice

I think these are the last patch notes. I could be mistaken though.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mafia II - Joe's Adventures
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mafia II - Joe's Adventures Nov 23, 2010, 22:13 fujiJuice

spindoctor wrote on Nov 23, 2010, 19:54:
In any case, the only review I've been able to find is this - http://worthplaying.com/article/2010/11/23/reviews/78408/

I don't understand his complaints with the car physics. I enjoyed the driving and thought it was spot on, at least for the era (Pretend I was alive then). I am guessing he never played the original, try out running the cops in a Model T.

Going to wait for a few more reviews, the first DLC, while giving the free ride mode I wanted, was kind of lacking.

News Comments > WoW Welcomes You Back
37. Re: WoW Welcomes You Back Nov 15, 2010, 20:09 fujiJuice

I'd just like to add my name to the class of people who neither hate it, or are completely consumed by it, but simply enjoy it in moderation.

lung-butter wrote on Nov 15, 2010, 14:03:
I decided to try starcraft instead of wow. Games lasted only 10-30 minutes and it was over!

WoW lasts as long as the user wants, this is where personal responsibility comes into play. I am perfectly capable of playing an MMO for 30 minutes, and so are you, it is your choice to continue.

News Comments > K2 Buys APB?
8. Re: K2 Buys APB? Nov 11, 2010, 11:38 fujiJuice

kxmode wrote on Nov 11, 2010, 11:09:
K2 didn't buy the IP to reactive it. They bought their technology in a salvage sale to make games. Why spend tens of millions of dollars to develop an engine when you can buy one for 1.5M pounds (2.4M $US)?

What makes you say this, was there even any special technology behind the game, from what I played I did not see anything particularly innovative? I believe it was a modified unreal engine as well, so they wouldn't even be getting their own custom engine. If it was a full fledged MMO engine I could see that kind of investment paying off, but not for what it is currently. I realize it cost way more than that too make, but that doesn't give it value.

News Comments > K2 Buys APB?
7. Re: K2 Buys APB? Nov 11, 2010, 11:10 fujiJuice

As I am sure you will be able to buy extra stuff with real money, they should give people who bought the game $50 in credit.  

News Comments > Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne
1. Re: Stargate Games Returned to Cheyenne Nov 10, 2010, 15:05 fujiJuice

I would say just give up at this point.  

News Comments > It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1
7. Re: It Came from BlizzCon 2010, Part 1 Oct 23, 2010, 14:57 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Oct 23, 2010, 13:45:
Uh that kid breaking leg thing is a bit inappropriate... he looks retarded or handicapped in some way. And I didn't think he looked fat, he had hunchback like posture... And I he wasn't dancing as much as he was doing a one man mosh pit. The whole thing strikes me as cruel to make fun of.

While I don't think it is right to make fun of him, I think his hunchback was him being in undead male character.

548 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo