Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 543 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Tools Released
7. Re: Portal 2 Tools Released May 11, 2011, 12:46 fujiJuice

Esoteric wrote on May 11, 2011, 12:19:
How easy is Hammer to work with for designing levels? I might give it a try.

I really like the Hammer editor, it is very easy to use and there are plenty of tutorials out there for some of the more complicated stuff.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Age of Empires Online This Fall, More Keys
3. Re: Age of Empires Online This Fall, More Keys May 9, 2011, 13:48 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on May 9, 2011, 12:51:
Would the people with keys who have played this like to comment on it? Is it fun? What do you like about it? Etc.

It's coming off a little desperate to keep yelling, "We still have FREE keys!"...

It is kind of neat. The stylized graphics, while a great departure from the originals, grows on you. There is nothing truly groudbreaking, and seems a bit strange in the beginning, but after about 15 quests you can begin doing pvp as well. As your city levels up, through quests and pvp you can points to unlock different tech trees. You can also collect loot on quests, which are basically just single player RTS levels, some are coop though.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse May 5, 2011, 11:42 fujiJuice

Their broadband is almost as bad as the TV though. FIOS beats them in every category, I get almost triple the download speeds on broadband with FIOS than I do with Comcast, and my upstream is, no lie, about 10 times higher. It also doesn't go down every damn day.

They are light years behind on TV as well, their on screen guide is still probably the very first one they developed, looks straight out of 1999. FIOS also has a nice crisper image along with great mobile and online integration.

My current complaint with FIOS is why the hell can I not manage my room to room DVR from other rooms, like add and delete, just boggles my mind.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Apr 13, 2011, 21:33 fujiJuice

If you pre-order Dungeon Siege 3 on steam you actually get 1 & 2. However they are only the single player editions, I guess the multiplayer servers aren't up anymore.  

News Comments > GOG.com: DRM Causes Piracy
28. Re: GOG.com: DRM Causes Piracy Apr 12, 2011, 12:27 fujiJuice

descender wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 10:52:
Causation != Causality

Borderlands is a prime example of how a pre-release demo would actually hurt sales, which is why they don't do it in the first place. No one in their right mind would have bought that shallow boring game with broken multiplayer and "consolitis" if they were presented the option to demo the game before buying.

You are very wrong about a few things but I thought I'd focus on just these two. First, it's correlation does not equal causation. Second, Borderlands is a fantastic game. Not perfect by any means, multiplayer was broken, and the interface was geared towards consoles, but the game itself is incredible fun, and I know several people that purchased it after playing my copy. The exact opposite of your assumption.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Trailers
2. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Trailers Apr 8, 2011, 11:59 fujiJuice

Graphics are kinda meh. Let's hope the gameplay is there.  

News Comments > SOE Cuts Rumored
3. Re: SOE Cuts Rumored Mar 31, 2011, 12:40 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 11:18:
People still play Sony MMOs? :)

I guess not.

News Comments > Jurassic Park Trailer
2. Re: Jurassic Park Trailer Mar 29, 2011, 20:53 fujiJuice

Is this an adventure game? Hard to tell from the video.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
6. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 2, 2011, 11:20 fujiJuice

Looks great, usually I worry about a single player game announcing the addition of multiplayer, since it means they are not devoting all their time my main focus. Here it is the same feeling but the other way around.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus
31. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 23, 2011, 11:45 fujiJuice

Anonymous wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 11:11:
Remember the N64 days when they were pusing $70? I can't believe that I bought Turok for that much. The game wasn't even good, though I did enjoy shooting people in the neck or crotch.

I respectfully disagree, Turok was/is an awesome game.

News Comments > Red Faction Armageddon Dates
2. Re: Red Faction Armageddon Dates Feb 22, 2011, 20:33 fujiJuice

I agree it was a great game, but from the videos it looks like they went all supernatural and it looks like everything is inside now, terrible ideas if you ask me.  

News Comments > Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned
2. Re: Post-Release Bulletstorm PC Demo Planned Feb 19, 2011, 16:09 fujiJuice

I didn't enjoy the console demo too much. Extremely repetitive gameplay, to the point of boredom. Although the demo doesn't let you do a whole lot.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes Online Closing
10. Re: Company of Heroes Online Closing Feb 1, 2011, 17:02 fujiJuice

The CoH engine is so much fun, it is a shame they haven't gone and done a different war using it. I would of certainly bought it.  

News Comments > APB Beta Resumes Next Month?
5. Re: APB Beta Resumes Next Month? Jan 28, 2011, 10:54 fujiJuice

I thought what I got was an invite to the Beta test, however on closer inspection it was an invite to signup to be invited.  

News Comments > APB Beta Resuming
8. Re: APB Beta Resuming Jan 27, 2011, 18:46 fujiJuice

I got an invite and didn't even sign up, although I had signed up for the beta for the original.  

News Comments > CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo
28. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 12:46 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 11:40:
It's important because people need to know who you are. It is in the developers best interest to be a separate identity from the publisher because the publisher has their name slathered all over everything on your game so that without an ego people will simply assume your game is made by activision. Or EA. An ego is something people remember. An identity of your own gives you the ability to promote yourself rather than having some massive publisher promote your work as their own under their banner of products. Richard Garriot? Chris Roberts? Gabe Newell? These names sound familiar? Cliffy B, something Jaffe, Sid Meier, Warren Specter?

These things can all be accomplished in without an obnoxious ego, and I don't want to live in a world where they can't be.

Tumbler wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 11:40:
And the comment about many purchases from pc gamers to get them there, I don't think it's appropriate for "pc gamers" to take credit for anyone's success. They had a good product and sold it, a good product will likely sell on any platform.

You misunderstand what I said. If I am just starting out and my first few games are PC only, that means only PC gamers could buy them, if they didn't I would be out of business. It doesn't mean they are responsible for my success, but without them I would have no success since there would of been no one to buy my games. Now that they are on any platform you seem to think it is OK for him to insult his first customers.

News Comments > CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo
17. Re: CliffyB on No PC Bulletstorm Demo Jan 17, 2011, 10:56 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 10:02:
Eh...heh....holy shit ppl. I see this kind of comment a lot here. A developer that made a pc game you liked in the past has betrayed you because he's not making game specifically for the pc anymore...

Being able to build and publish multiple games across a decade or more is impressive, spanning multiple platforms, creating new IP's, growing a company as you go. All that does not get credited to PC gaming.

I think you misunderstand why people consider him a douche, he makes a flippant remark about pc gamers, when they are a reason (not the sole reason) he is where he is. He didn't just wake up one day and start making games on multiple platforms and new IPs, it took many purchases from pc gamers like us to get him there. Companies rarely grow without revenue.

Tumbler wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 10:02:
And developers shouldn't have ego's!? Are you fucking kidding me!? They are the rockstars of our industry. Who should have an ego if not them?

Why is it necessary anyone have one, I'd prefer no one did?

News Comments > New FRAPS
4. Re: New FRAPS Jan 5, 2011, 11:30 fujiJuice

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 5, 2011, 07:55:
I bought it quiet a few years ago for $15 or $20 something like that, came with lifetime updates. It's been a great investment imo, but $40 is a little too much money for it.

Yeah me too, totally worth it then.

News Comments > R.U.S.E. DLC Release and Issues
2. Re: R.U.S.E. DLC Release and Issues Jan 1, 2011, 11:55 fujiJuice

Dev wrote on Dec 31, 2010, 19:30:
I have no doubt ubisoft's crazy DRM is mixed up in this somehow.

I thought they had decided to not include it in this game, although I suppose the DLC could of had it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 15, 2010, 11:30 fujiJuice

Beamer wrote on Dec 15, 2010, 11:19:
I wonder if the new internet-enabled Comcast boxes are as slow and miserable as the current ones.

Their boxes desperately need an overhaul, I don't know when that UI was built, but it looks late 90's. Apart from having better service, and customer service, Verizon's set top boxes are also awesome.

543 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo