Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 549 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 10:13 fujiJuice

Am I the only one not getting the style sheets for bluesnews?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
5. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 18:08 fujiJuice

Considering the apology includes another lie, they are never going to change.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Changes
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Changes Oct 17, 2013, 08:54 fujiJuice

I agree that BF4 doesn't look a whole lot different than BF3, I didn't expect it to either, I mean BF3 is already an incredible looking game. However with the limited time I played the BF4 beta, it certainly felt different.

It is hard to describe, but in Bad Company 2, I was pretty good, in BF3 I was/am terrible. Something about the way moving and shooting feels in the game. Now I know they are two different franchises, but BF4 felt a little more like BC2 than BF3. I consider that a great improvement, even though the beta ran terrible on my computer, I was able to hold my own and get some really satisfying kills. That is what is important to me in the end, if I am not able to kill anyone, like in BF3, than my interest fades, and frustration rises.

I don't know if anyone else had the same feeling.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Prototype Details
38. Re: Steam Hardware Prototype Details Oct 5, 2013, 09:13 fujiJuice

I think many of you are forgetting this is just a prototype. Straight from the information on Steam.

"If you guys are delivering an OS to hardware manufacturers, why is Valve also making its own box?

We're conducting a beta of the overall Steam living-room experience, so we needed to build prototype hardware on which to run tests. At Valve we always rely on real-world testing as part of our design process. The specific machine we're testing is designed for users who want the most control possible over their hardware. Other boxes will optimize for size, price, quietness, or other factors."

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
24. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 18:05 fujiJuice

maleitch wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 17:47:
This is a joke right? Why not just play on a console...what is wrong with you?

Maybe he likes to play the games he buys, the way he wants, absolutely nothing wrong with that. If he enjoys the controller, and has a gaming PC, I see know reason to get it on console. Smaller maps, poor graphics, and a more horrible online player base, something would be wrong with him if he didn't get it on PC.

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
64. Re: Steam Controller Announced Sep 28, 2013, 10:06 fujiJuice

I think people are jumping to way too many conclusions with nothing to go on but a few paragraphs and a 3D rendering. I will wait to pass judgement on an entirely new and unique design of a controller, from a PC oriented company, until it is in my hands for a while. Pictures of it are worthless in terms of how it will control, perform, or feel.

It seems like Valve is attempting to build a bridge across the gap between consoles and PC's. The bridge they are building is completely optional, no one is forcing you to use it. They are a game company after all, and despite your feelings, PC's and consoles both play games.

As for Valve abandoning their games, they aren't. I'm sure the team responsible for programming an OS or designing hardware, is not the same team that would design games or build levels.

News Comments > Star Citizen Hangar Module Released
65. Re: Star Citizen Hangar Module Released Aug 31, 2013, 11:10 fujiJuice

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 31, 2013, 07:51:
Jivaro wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 14:52:
It's an alpha, a test, and it came with a shit ton of disclaimers saying as much. If you find a bug, report it in the appropriate section of the forums...that is the point of the release.
Wildone wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 15:02:
omg how many times & disclaimers do they have to make and people STILL bitch about it...
Parias wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 15:06:
You completely missed the point of this release.
I'm well aware of all the disclaimers but my point still stands. We're talking about established middleware - CryEngine 3 - and a release consisting of a single room. If ladders aren't functioning properly then they shouldn't have been included.

The reality is that they can put out as many disclaimers as they want but their work is inevitably going to be judged by it. As I said, I'm still very much looking forward to this game (that much is obvious as I've paid to support it) - my point is just that this was rushed out and there wasn't any need for it to be. There is nothing unreasonable about pointing out the issues I encountered.

I disagree. Anyone judging this negatively, based on performance or glitches, isn't understanding the point. Now if you want to be negative about the ship design, internal layout or art style, that would serve a purpose. All this is, is a way for people to take an early, pre-alpha look at the ships they payed hundreds of dollars for. As for rushing, or removing things, those two scenarios do not exist, it is an "extremely early pre-alpha build", once you wait to polish it up, it is no longer an "extremely early pre-alpha build" by definition.

Edit: Changed alpha to pre-alpha

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2013, 11:16.

News Comments > Hartsman Returns to Trion; Trion San Diego Closed
1. Re: Hartsman Returns to Trion; Trion San Diego Closed Aug 8, 2013, 20:49 fujiJuice

Defiance, to my surprise, actually had some of the most solid gunplay I've ever encountered in an MMO. Unfortunately I didn't enjoy anything else, but it was fun for a day.  

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
83. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 22:39 fujiJuice

I wouldn't have an issue wearing it in front of my wife, however I would be extremely hesitant to wear it around strangers, just because you have no idea what is going on outside the VR. I don't foresee that situation arising much though, at least for me.

As for Carmack, I feel bad for him sometimes, it seems like as the biggest name within id, he gets saddled with every complaint about their games. Things that he probably took no part in the decision making process of, I just imagine him in a room starring at code all day. I don't doubt that he loves games and programming, and I hope he is able to do what he does best in this new position, coding ground-breaking tech. He also seems like a cool guy, considering all he has done it doesn't seem like he lets it go to his head.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 2 Clues?
40. Re: Left 4 Dead 3 and Source 3 Clues? Aug 7, 2013, 00:16 fujiJuice

Beamer wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 21:06:
Yeah, but that's essentially an impossibility. Where do levels end? If I decided I just want to blast due west rather than fight bad guys, what happens?
Ignoring that arguably limited case, the bigger issue is having to build levels that include everything. Making a game in a city? Well, you have to model the inside of every building, because I can blast into every building. Is it a skyskraper? Well, I'm blasting a hole straight to the top, then toppling the whole thing, trying to create dominoes, etc.

Sounds awesome, but man, the amount of art hours...

Not necessarily, and keep in mind I'm not an engine programmer. However couldn't you just build a procedurally generated city, with different building biomes, and within them different room biomes. Obviously hand crafting every inch of a city would be impossible, but I think we are going to start seeing more procedurally generated games, even if it's something generated during the development process, then polished.

News Comments > Infinite Crisis Trailer
6. Re: Infinite Crisis Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 16:04 fujiJuice

Jerykk wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 02:44:
There are tons of MOBA players out there. LoL has the largest player base of any game out there. DotA2's is pretty large as well and is only growing.

Anyway, the appeal of MOBAs is that they play like team-based, PvP action RPGs. Learning each character, trying out different builds and devising new strategies and tactics is fun. If you aren't competitive, there obviously won't be any appeal since it's multiplayer-only. Also, MOBAs have steep learning curves due to the aforementioned qualities. You'll probably have to play for at least a month before you can become decent.

Thanks for the info.

News Comments > Betrayer Announced
29. Re: Betrayer Announced Aug 5, 2013, 21:50 fujiJuice

I'm so sick of these rushed GameBoy to PC ports, take your time guys, do it right.  

News Comments > Infinite Crisis Trailer
2. Re: Infinite Crisis Trailer Aug 5, 2013, 21:35 fujiJuice

Does anyone here play MOBA's? What is the appeal, I just don't get why they are so popular these days. This is an honest question, I'm not trying to start an argument. I tried league of legends a long time ago, I want to say maybe 4-5 years, but I could be wrong. I didn't really have any fun, though to be honest I didn't play it very long. Perhaps because I am just not very competitive by nature?

I would like to try this version though, just because I recognize the characters, however it is probably just more of the same.

News Comments > The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Event
2. Re: The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot Event Aug 1, 2013, 21:00 fujiJuice

Yeah seems like a cool concept, totalbiscuits 'wtf is' had me interested, well check it out. Especially now that they have reversed their pay-2-win shenanigans.  

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2013, 11:39 fujiJuice

saluk wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 01:27:
fujiJuice wrote on Jul 30, 2013, 00:36:
I take issue with that PA article somehow thinking that game developers are in a unique position, the only people to ever receive insults or threats over the internet. Sure it goes on to mention other public figures but its central focus is game developers. The overall tone of the article suggests Fish took the moral high ground in this situation, and I feel that is certainly not the case.

"It's not about forgetting or forgiving bad behavior, or saying it's okay to lash out at writers or fans"

I think the PA article, while prompted by Phil Fish, is taking a step back from this specific situation. Their point is neither side comes away clean. When you play the game, you are going to get messy. And there's something unsettling about that. Abuse is just a part of the job? Really?

Also, I don't think the article claims that game devs are unique in this kind of abuse. It's a gaming site so obviously that's the focus.

But I think they ARE somewhat unique. The audience for games today is a bit wider in age range than other forms, and people's interaction with the medium make it a little more personal in a way. When the Call of Duty guns were nerfed, the players whose playstyles were affected felt personally singled out. When I'm really playing a game, more than other media, I think of it as "my game", not just a book I'm reading or a show I like.

I never said abuse was just part of the job, in fact quite opposite, I don't think anyone should have to endure that. However abuse is just rampant on the internet, it is a shame, but also the truth.

You can go on Rotten Tomatoes or any other site where opinions are given, and see plenty of people wishing harm or spewing insults on those with a differing opinion. Just go to any news site and look at some of the comments for controversial stories, it isn't pretty.

News Comments > Op Ed
34. Re: Op Ed Jul 30, 2013, 00:36 fujiJuice

I take issue with that PA article somehow thinking that game developers are in a unique position, the only people to ever receive insults or threats over the internet. Sure it goes on to mention other public figures but its central focus is game developers. The overall tone of the article suggests Fish took the moral high ground in this situation, and I feel that is certainly not the case. As others have suggested, he fed off this sort of thing, apparently even before he was 'internet famous', you can see hints of this if you watch Indie Game The Movie.

Now this doesn't mean I approve of him receiving threats, I don't think anyone should be subject to that, but the truth is, that is the internet. A majority of faceless assholes willing to pounce on the slightest misstep, or even nothing, to make themselves feel better.

I am sure everyone here has been insulted and yes probably even threatened on the internet. Is it different when someone knows your name and address, most definitely, but honestly how many cases have there been of someone carrying out a Twitter death threat? Chances are they will probably just do it without bothering to hashtag it first.

As far as this whole Fish thing is concerned, if all game developers responded the same way he did to those kinds of criticisms, well, all the Japanese game developers would be looking for a different line of work.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released
51. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released Jul 24, 2013, 23:49 fujiJuice

Time for me to chime in with my unwanted and off topic opinion of Aliens 3.

I think it is a very underrated film, especially after watching the unofficial 'directors cut', or whatever it's called. If you own the blu-rays you owe it to yourself to watch the amazingly extensive behind the scenes. It gave me a whole new appreciation for the film, and for the shit Fincher had to put up with during the production. The man is a fantastic director and considering this was his first major motion picture (I believe), and the studio was giving him a hard time with everything, I think it was quite an accomplishment. Sure he might have gone widely over budget and made mistakes and had been difficult to work with, but again, it wasn't easy for him either. It is no wonder he disowns the thing, I don't blame him.

In spite of all that, I think the movie just oozes atmosphere, much more in line with Alien. The movie has quite a few interesting characters, and it is, in my option, cool to see this how the prisoners react to something more cold and violent than themselves. At the same time Ripley is dealing with the loss of both Hicks and Newt, a girl that gave her a chance to be a mother figure again. Also how she learns and accepts the horrible fact that she carries an alien within her, something that she has spent decades running from.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Next Week?
8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Next Week? Jul 21, 2013, 00:03 fujiJuice

Seems like an ironic title for the DLC.  

News Comments > New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced
39. Re: New Borderlands 2 DLC Announced Jul 20, 2013, 23:58 fujiJuice

It's probably a mistake to get involved in this argument, but well, here I go.

I think everyone is just reading a bit too much into itBurns comment. I believe he was just stating that the title "season pass", needs work. Like he said, he knew full well he would only be getting 4 DLC, I doubt he feels entitled to anything else. It is just that for people, who
unlike him, are unaware of what "season pass" actually means, it is a bit misleading. Which I agree with, it just needs a more accurate title.

Just my two cents, I'm not here to continue the argument, just thought I could stop one.

News Comments > KOTOR Turns 10
21. Re: KOTOR Turns 10 Jul 16, 2013, 09:19 fujiJuice

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 16, 2013, 03:36:
A spontaneous collapsed lung sounds like the damned most scary thing I ever heard. Way to give a fellow nightmares... glad you are ok now though. *takes a deep breath with phone nearby*

Ha, it is actually far more common than you would think. I had never heard of it until it happened to me, but the doctors had seen it quite a lot. But thank you for the kind words.

549 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo