Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 552 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Not Planning Origin Exclusives
12. Re: EA Not Planning Origin Exclusives Aug 30, 2011, 15:12 fujiJuice

Verno wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 11:33:
They already said they aren't using Origin for patching and that you don't need to register it with Origin. The game's login and patching systems were built long before Origin was around.

Not so sure about that, EA upgraded my EA Account to Origin, and Bioware did the same with my TOR website account. I used two different email addresses for each and now I am forced to have two different Origin accounts, this is because the TOR website account is an Origin account. If your Origin account is a different email address than your TOR account, and you already entered a game code on the TOR website, try and change one of them to the other email address, it won't work, already taken.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday
17. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 15:24 fujiJuice

JoeNapalm wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 14:22:
...so I have to ask, how can it feel like Star Wars combat?

Every trailer I have seen has people standing in veritable rivers of blaster fire, from all directions, with no visible effect.

Star Wars combat is quick and deadly. Pretty much all the weapons are insta-kill from anything closer than a near-miss.

How is standing there, with torrents of blaster bolts flooding through targets, feel like Star Wars?

I think you need to go back and watch the original trilogy, there is nothing but blaster fire in every direction. Would make for a pretty boring movie if every shot hit it's mark (with the exception of Han shooting Greedo... first).

News Comments > Prey 2 Trailer
2. Re: Prey 2 Trailer Aug 23, 2011, 23:43 fujiJuice

Overon wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 23:01:
Seriously, you are going to be have a developer commentary on a pre-rendered cutscene? Really? Is anyone fooled by pre-rendered cutscenes masquerading as real gameplay anymore?

Show us how 95% of the game will look like.

Yeah he was careful to say it was stuff you could do in the game, not that it was actual gameplay. Big deal.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited; Huttball Introduced
15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launch Sales Limited Huttball Introduced Aug 19, 2011, 15:22 fujiJuice

eunichron wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 14:56:
What I'd really like to know is if they'll be providing refunds for those whose pre-orders do not get approved before launch, seeing as they charged my card before even completing the order.

The way I understand it is you will not be able to pre-order come a certain point, I am sure once you have ordered it you are guaranteed the ability to play at launch.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer
29. Re: Battlefield 3 Jet Combat Trailer Aug 16, 2011, 14:09 fujiJuice

Awesome, only thing I didn't like was the jets clearly hitting those wires but not crashing. Hopefully that is fixed, or maybe I am just not seeing it right. I also hope that they can be turned off per server, as they were definitely a pain to deal with in BF2, but I do like the drivable AA I spotted.  

News Comments > Last Call for Free Brink DLC; Splash Damage: Brink Has "Done Alright"
7. Re: Last Call for Free Brink DLC; Splash Damage: Brink Has "Done Alright" Aug 16, 2011, 10:30 fujiJuice

I tried it during the Steam free weekend and did not enjoy it very much. The graphics were pretty good, that is about the only thing I liked, otherwise it just seemed like a mishmash of features from other games, but not doing any of them particularly well.  

News Comments > New OpenDUNE
5. Re: 4? Aug 12, 2011, 18:47 fujiJuice

Ant wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 10:50:
fujiJuice wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 10:48:
Ant wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 10:29:
bfg9000 wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 08:56:
A fourth dune revival project? The sleepers have most certainly awakened.
I only know two (D2TGP and OpenDUNE). What are the other two? I wonder which one is the best.

The one that has the Fremen on their side.
And the name of it?

Sorry, it was a book related reference, no idea.

News Comments > New OpenDUNE
3. Re: 4? Aug 12, 2011, 10:48 fujiJuice

Ant wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 10:29:
bfg9000 wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 08:56:
A fourth dune revival project? The sleepers have most certainly awakened.
I only know two (D2TGP and OpenDUNE). What are the other two? I wonder which one is the best.

The one that has the Fremen on their side.

News Comments > 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Movie Tie-in Content Plans
5. Re: 300K Join Age of Conan: Unchained, Move Tie-in Content Plans Aug 11, 2011, 11:35 fujiJuice

Techie714 © wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 10:59:
Good for them, that is good news. I didn't even know their was another Conana movie on the way...I have not even seen a poster, trailers, commercial, etc. Must have a big advertisement budget....

Jason Momoa going from Khal Drogo to Conan, going to be kind of weird.

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 20:30 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 18:46:
The fact of the matter is EA isn't being smart, as usual. They should make people want to use Origin, not feel obligated.

LOL, maybe they could create some games to sell exclusively on that service that ppl want? You guys know any big games that EA is making that ppl really want to play? Once they have a really popular game then people will want to use this service! Let's start a petition to help EA find some games! Maybe valve could suggest something. They were really good at choosing games that made people want to use steam.

You seemed to have completely missed my point. People don't 'want' to use Origin, the very fact that all these threads exist is evidence f that, but they are going to because they are being forced to. I said they should make people 'want' to use it, not for the sake of the game, but for the sake of the service. As I suggested they should offer an extreme discount only through Origin, but also sell the game other places.

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 17:48 fujiJuice

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 17:22:
You guys realize that even if BF3 was on Steam it would still use your EA account for multiplayer right? Just like Bad Company 2 did? That account is also an Origin account now, same thing.

Not saying you shouldn't wish it was Steamworks if that's your bag, but it was never going to be no matter what.

But it isn't on Steam, that is the issue. It doesn't matter if it uses Steamworks or not, it still would have the convenience of being on Steam, which is was what 99% of the people want it there for.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 16:23 fujiJuice

While I don't like the whole situation, especially considering I love Steam and would prefer to have BF3 there, it's clear neither side is going to give in just yet. Even if Valve made policy exceptions for BF3 I somehow doubt EA would abandon forcing people to use Origin, it's their way of getting their foot in the door of DD. I realize they had the EA downloader but I think we can all agree that was a failure on many fronts.

The fact of the matter is EA isn't being smart, as usual. They should make people want to use Origin, not feel obligated. Granted Steam forced people in the beginning, and it had a rough start, but the games weren't forcing Steam on you just for the heck of it, they were heavily integrated with it. They were also the first to establish a community driven DD platform, so comparisons aren't fair at this juncture, since EA is way late to the game.

If EA truly wanted Origin to make players want to use it, instead of forcing them, they would cater to Valves policies, while at the same time offering the game on Origin $10 or $20 cheaper for pre-ordering there. Also offer things in Origin that Valve does not do, or doesn't do well.

News Comments > Cenarion Hatchling Raises Almost $2M
6. Re: Cenarion Hatchling Raises Almost $2M Aug 5, 2011, 10:56 fujiJuice

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 05:00:
Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 14:22:
Kudos both to Blizzard and WoW players. That's a very impressive effort.

Creston

12 million players and they can only raise 2 million dollars? I would say pretty pathetic.

If it was mandatory, you might have a point, but since it wasn't, it is quite a nice contribution that otherwise wouldn't have been there.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
282. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 21:42 fujiJuice

Drayth wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 20:19:
I've been trying for over a month to get Blizzard to decouple my account from my now dead authenticator app on my now dead droid phone.

Took my wife about 5 minutes to do this over the phone, have you tried calling?

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
193. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 16:49 fujiJuice

Well this thread got pretty hostile very quickly. Anyway, I would prefer to not have to my computer constantly connected to the internet to play a singleplayer game, but the fact is it is connected anyway. It sucks, but not really a deal breaker for me. Although I wonder if this means a cloud based setup, where at a friends house you could log into your account and gain access to your characters, like your key is tied to your battle.net account and not your game, like WoW, and I believe SC2.  

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
10. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 28, 2011, 00:15 fujiJuice

I agree with the opinions that Armageddon didn't get the credit it deserverd. I was also disappointed by the reversal from an open world, but the game itself ended up being as enjoyable as RF:G but in a different way. I say if you were on the fence because of the more linear design, give it a chance.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders
22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 12:44 fujiJuice

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 12:33:
Star Wars...especially KoToR doesn't fit as an MMO. Part of the appeal of Kotor was become the best Jedi/Sith Knight in the galaxy and carving your path through the storyline. Yea I can't wait to do that with TOR alongside the thousands of people doing the same thing as me. Race to the level cap!!

Well the good thing about most MMO's worth their weight, is that you can do whatever pleases you. I think this is why I have been able to enjoy WoW all these years without getting burned out, I take my time, enjoy the scenery, not 'race' to the level cap and then run raid after raid. So if you want to carve your path through the storyline, go for it, sure other people will be doing the same thing, but you don't have to join up with them if you don't want to. That is if the game has a good story.

19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 12:30 fujiJuice

OK nevermind according to this it is a 7 day head start.  

18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 12:22 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 12:01:
I've plugged in my code, but I don't think they're letting people in yet. I got:

Thank you for registering your Pre-Order Code. You are now registered for the following items:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
Early game access
Color Stone (Virtual Item)

We will keep you informed about early access to The Old Republic as we get closer to the game's release.

Yeah, anyone have info on what exactly 'early access' mean? If it is just a 3 day head start then I don't think I'll bite, but if it's access in a week or two then yeah I am down.

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 11:56 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 11:26:
I preordered from amazon, standard ed., promo code came immediately. Registered on de website, am signed up for early game access with one click option to cancel with $0 spent. I recommend amazon for preordered this if you are skeptical.

I would definitely do this if it meant beta access now. Going to have to think on this.

552 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo