Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 543 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 20:30 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 18:46:
The fact of the matter is EA isn't being smart, as usual. They should make people want to use Origin, not feel obligated.

LOL, maybe they could create some games to sell exclusively on that service that ppl want? You guys know any big games that EA is making that ppl really want to play? Once they have a really popular game then people will want to use this service! Let's start a petition to help EA find some games! Maybe valve could suggest something. They were really good at choosing games that made people want to use steam.

You seemed to have completely missed my point. People don't 'want' to use Origin, the very fact that all these threads exist is evidence f that, but they are going to because they are being forced to. I said they should make people 'want' to use it, not for the sake of the game, but for the sake of the service. As I suggested they should offer an extreme discount only through Origin, but also sell the game other places.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
30. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 17:48 fujiJuice

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 9, 2011, 17:22:
You guys realize that even if BF3 was on Steam it would still use your EA account for multiplayer right? Just like Bad Company 2 did? That account is also an Origin account now, same thing.

Not saying you shouldn't wish it was Steamworks if that's your bag, but it was never going to be no matter what.

But it isn't on Steam, that is the issue. It doesn't matter if it uses Steamworks or not, it still would have the convenience of being on Steam, which is was what 99% of the people want it there for.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 16:23 fujiJuice

While I don't like the whole situation, especially considering I love Steam and would prefer to have BF3 there, it's clear neither side is going to give in just yet. Even if Valve made policy exceptions for BF3 I somehow doubt EA would abandon forcing people to use Origin, it's their way of getting their foot in the door of DD. I realize they had the EA downloader but I think we can all agree that was a failure on many fronts.

The fact of the matter is EA isn't being smart, as usual. They should make people want to use Origin, not feel obligated. Granted Steam forced people in the beginning, and it had a rough start, but the games weren't forcing Steam on you just for the heck of it, they were heavily integrated with it. They were also the first to establish a community driven DD platform, so comparisons aren't fair at this juncture, since EA is way late to the game.

If EA truly wanted Origin to make players want to use it, instead of forcing them, they would cater to Valves policies, while at the same time offering the game on Origin $10 or $20 cheaper for pre-ordering there. Also offer things in Origin that Valve does not do, or doesn't do well.

News Comments > Cenarion Hatchling Raises Almost $2M
6. Re: Cenarion Hatchling Raises Almost $2M Aug 5, 2011, 10:56 fujiJuice

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 5, 2011, 05:00:
Creston wrote on Aug 4, 2011, 14:22:
Kudos both to Blizzard and WoW players. That's a very impressive effort.

Creston

12 million players and they can only raise 2 million dollars? I would say pretty pathetic.

If it was mandatory, you might have a point, but since it wasn't, it is quite a nice contribution that otherwise wouldn't have been there.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
282. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 21:42 fujiJuice

Drayth wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 20:19:
I've been trying for over a month to get Blizzard to decouple my account from my now dead authenticator app on my now dead droid phone.

Took my wife about 5 minutes to do this over the phone, have you tried calling?

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
193. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 16:49 fujiJuice

Well this thread got pretty hostile very quickly. Anyway, I would prefer to not have to my computer constantly connected to the internet to play a singleplayer game, but the fact is it is connected anyway. It sucks, but not really a deal breaker for me. Although I wonder if this means a cloud based setup, where at a friends house you could log into your account and gain access to your characters, like your key is tied to your battle.net account and not your game, like WoW, and I believe SC2.  

News Comments > THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses
10. Re: THQ Blames Red Faction: Armageddon for Losses Jul 28, 2011, 00:15 fujiJuice

I agree with the opinions that Armageddon didn't get the credit it deserverd. I was also disappointed by the reversal from an open world, but the game itself ended up being as enjoyable as RF:G but in a different way. I say if you were on the fence because of the more linear design, give it a chance.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders
22. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 12:44 fujiJuice

Rattlehead wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 12:33:
Star Wars...especially KoToR doesn't fit as an MMO. Part of the appeal of Kotor was become the best Jedi/Sith Knight in the galaxy and carving your path through the storyline. Yea I can't wait to do that with TOR alongside the thousands of people doing the same thing as me. Race to the level cap!!

Well the good thing about most MMO's worth their weight, is that you can do whatever pleases you. I think this is why I have been able to enjoy WoW all these years without getting burned out, I take my time, enjoy the scenery, not 'race' to the level cap and then run raid after raid. So if you want to carve your path through the storyline, go for it, sure other people will be doing the same thing, but you don't have to join up with them if you don't want to. That is if the game has a good story.

19. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 12:30 fujiJuice

OK nevermind according to this it is a 7 day head start.  

18. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 12:22 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 12:01:
I've plugged in my code, but I don't think they're letting people in yet. I got:

Thank you for registering your Pre-Order Code. You are now registered for the following items:

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
Early game access
Color Stone (Virtual Item)

We will keep you informed about early access to The Old Republic as we get closer to the game's release.

Yeah, anyone have info on what exactly 'early access' mean? If it is just a 3 day head start then I don't think I'll bite, but if it's access in a week or two then yeah I am down.

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Preorders Jul 21, 2011, 11:56 fujiJuice

Tumbler wrote on Jul 21, 2011, 11:26:
I preordered from amazon, standard ed., promo code came immediately. Registered on de website, am signed up for early game access with one click option to cancel with $0 spent. I recommend amazon for preordered this if you are skeptical.

I would definitely do this if it meant beta access now. Going to have to think on this.

News Comments > Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live
53. Re: Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live Jul 16, 2011, 12:42 fujiJuice

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 16, 2011, 09:47:
Theres some invention thats called numbers. And you can hide them too! I even heard that login names are unique too! OMG!
Just an example for the complete idiots here...

In no way did you outline an alternative for Real ID, you just gave options for new identifiers, it would still be essentially the same system, I conceded full names were not necessary.

48. Re: Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live Jul 16, 2011, 00:47 fujiJuice

WoW borrows all if it's new UI ideas from the most popular user addon's something which I think is benefit to most players, probably where the other MMO's got them as well.

As far as everyone saying Real ID wasn't necessary for all these new features, I would like to hear what you would have done. You need some sort of unique identifier for players across all servers, their battle.net account is an ideal choice, instead of making something entirely new. I don't think a lot of you are considering the backend operations needed for everything to work properly, granted displaying someones real name isn't necessary, but the rest is. I think the name is just bad, and has a stigma attached to it, it really is just a blizzard system wide unique identifier.

15. Re: Blizzard's Real ID Testing Live Jul 15, 2011, 13:27 fujiJuice

Zadig wrote on Jul 15, 2011, 12:48:
Abandoning the multiple server model in future MMOs is my preferred fix, but this is a nice way to address that flaw in the older games.

I don't think you will ever see this. I prefer multiple world servers over having every different location being an instance server, it ruins the world scope of an MMO in my opinion. In fact I don't feel such a configuration falls under the definition of MMO, which is why I disagree with Guild Wars being called one. Now I realize EVE doesn't do this, but 400,000 people on one server is different than 10 million. Even if it was technologically feasible in the future, it wouldn't be practical, nothing could be accomplished do to the sheer number of people around.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 14:12 fujiJuice

nin wrote on Jul 13, 2011, 13:41:
His suggestion was to switch to two DVD plan which would allow two streams at once, which I did and it has worked. Now wtf?

Yeah, I heard as apart of the changes, if you had one disc+ streaming, you were then limited to one stream active at a time.

I used to love netflix (2 years this october or nov), but in the last few months it really feels like the honeymoon is over.

Well I can't find out what the new multi-streaming situation is regarding these changes, since their phones are being bombarded.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 13, 2011, 12:39 fujiJuice

So I guess I have to call them to find out what this means for my dual streaming? A few days ago I was no longer able to watch from my computer while my wife watched on the TV, when this was something we have been doing for a long time. I got an error on the computer informing me a movie was already playing, I was confused so I called them. Apparently what we were using before was the backup stream in the case that the primary stream went down, a loophole they just fixed. From the way he answered my question it seemed as though he had been answering it all day. His suggestion was to switch to two DVD plan which would allow two streams at once, which I did and it has worked. Now wtf?  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up
4. Re: World of Warcraft Recruit-A-Friend Program Levels Up Jul 8, 2011, 11:04 fujiJuice

Darks wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 10:56:
Blizz is doing everything they can to get people on their game. They need to be worried about the new Star Wars MMO. I’ve been on the beta for a while now and I absolutely love the game. The fully voiced cut scenes for mission’s just kicks ass and makes the game feel more like playing a Single player game.

The questing is fun and non repetitive. This will be the game that causes WOW to lose many subscribers. Bioware has done a really awesome job with the MMO. It does not feel A typical like other MMOs. They are doing things in this MMO that has not been done before. I cannot say what because of the NDA, but it’s a fun MMO and Blizzard should be very worried.

I have been hearing quite the opposite, on this very site, from beta players.

News Comments > Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play
15. Re: Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play Jun 28, 2011, 23:38 fujiJuice

Minuit wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 23:24:
If "the restrictions" haven't changed since the last time I saw the trial, it's pretty much designed to prevent anyone from wanting to play the game.

You can't group, you can't chat, you can't trade... and yet this trial is supposed to show you how much fun it can be to play a big social game. It's a nice thought, but completely failed to draw me back in.

They never had those restrictions in the beginning, but I imagine they added them to cut down on gold farmers hording trial accounts, no pun intended. While I admit the restrictions are annoying, they aren't quite that extreme, you can group, you just can't be the one inviting. You can chat, but it has to be in your group, I think you can whisper, not sure, but I know they don't allow you to talk in the global channels. Not trading or using the mail sucks though, I can understand not being able to send it, but you should be able to receive it, same with the auction house.

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
39. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 26, 2011, 20:03 fujiJuice

Dades wrote on Jun 26, 2011, 17:32:
Gaming in general is going through a bit of an evolutionary step up the ladder right now and WoW isn't really a part of it. Whatever game Blizzard makes next probably will be but WoW's time is over, people can only play the same game for so long.

Agreed.

News Comments > WoW Your Friends for Free
36. Re: WoW Your Friends for Free Jun 26, 2011, 12:02 fujiJuice

Dades wrote on Jun 26, 2011, 10:47:
All these threads end up the same though, and it's hilarious... OMG, WoW is DYING...

Really? You find it hilarious? You must be a pretty simple person. People tend to complain when they are unhappy with something. The reasoning isn't always rational but it tends to have an affect on that thing. Even WoW isn't impervious to unhappy fans and Blizzard doesn't just want some people playing WoW, they want as many people as possible.

So your misguided attempt to say that other opinions don't matter is not truthful and irrelevant.

Of course they want as many people as possible playing WoW, I can't think of any company that wouldn't want everyone as a customer. This is hardly any sign of a death knell however. Blizzard knows their subscriptions are going to go down over time, this is a fact, there is nothing they can do about that, they hit their peak years ago. In fact it probably has something to do with the delay in Diablo 3 being released, I played the game like 3 or 4 years ago and it looked done, but why release it when it is going to cannibalize their own game. All this is, is an attempt to keep their profits astronomically high, nothing more. People have been claiming WoW's death since a couple years after it's release, with each new major MMO release infact, Warhammer, LOTR, Age of Conan, Rift, and now Old Republic. At most they make a dent, which eventually gets semi-repaired.

543 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo