Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 548 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned
78. Re: Bulletstorm Sequel Cancelled; PC Piracy Mentioned Apr 10, 2012, 14:02 fujiJuice

Beamer wrote on Apr 10, 2012, 13:12:
As for the 10%, it's my estimate, and I'd guess it's a fairly solid estimate. No one has done solid research on this because it's IMPOSSIBLE to do solid research on this. What, do you think Epic has the capability to find a decent sample size that pirated Bulletstorm and get them to accurately state whether they would have bought it?

This is exactly the problem. There is no way to prove such things yet the developers and publishers spew out these claims as if they are based on some kind of hard evidence. As many have said, it is all a smoke screen for those at fault for a sub-bar product to protect themselves from investors/executives who don't know any better and think these claims have some sort of bearing on reality. Which is why most PC users get upset by these remarks, because they are insulting, switching blame to your customers or potential customers is never good business practice.

Let us pretend for a minute your 'estimate' is something close to an actual representation, 100,000 more sales on these kind of big budget games makes little difference in the long run. So even if their claims about piracy were true, they didn't make or break the game.

Now in the near future when it is established that Star Wars The Old Republic has been a massive failure, you will notice piracy will not be a potential scapegoat. As with all failed MMO's piracy will not be mentioned and some of the real reasons for the failures might actually see the light of day.

I am a member of the camp that piracy does not equal a lost sale, and on the whole probably contributes more sales then removes. Most people rely on word of mouth from people they trust as a motivator to purchase products like movies, video games, songs. Few people if any will say they played/watched/listened illegally, it is irrelevant.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 "Biggest Entertainment Launch of 2012"
29. Re: Mass Effect 3 Mar 10, 2012, 11:07 fujiJuice

Cutter wrote on Mar 10, 2012, 00:04:
Mordhaus wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 23:32:
Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 21:59:
I'd love to know if Aria T'loak is based on a composite of females or inspired by someone in particular. Seems to me her face is very familiar and reminds me of someone in particular though it escapes me at the moment and is driving me insane. I find both her ruthlessness and aloofness incredibly hot and wish there was a really raunchy sex scene with her. :P

Aria was voiced and faced by Carrie-Anne Moss, aka Trinity from the Matrix.

Yeah, I know that and she does an amazing job. However, I mean how the character looks. Her face is just really damn familiar. Something about the eyes and mouth. Anyay, as the Asari go she's the hottest IMO.

He said voiced and faced.

News Comments > Avalanche Game Announcement at E3
1. Re: Avalanche Game Announcement at E3 Mar 9, 2012, 15:14 fujiJuice

Just Cause 3 with coop please.  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite's Motorized Patriot
2. Re: BioShock Infinite's Motorized Patriot Mar 8, 2012, 10:10 fujiJuice

grudgebearer wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 10:05:
Ffs...that is a huge screenshot...

And it isn't even high quality, looks like someone enlarged it after the fact.

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
30. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 15:28 fujiJuice

What is the story behind Milo and Kate? I feel like I am missing something.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups
31. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 19:00 fujiJuice

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 16:54:
So why then do people describe something like Kingdoms of Amalur as a "single-player MMO?" Because the term has come to represent more than its acronym.

Most likely they are trying to cash in on the people that have heard of the MMO genre and are familiar with games like World of Warcraft. It is easier to say single-player MMO, even though that is an oxymoron. That doesn't mean MMO no longer means Massively Multi-player Online, it means the person that wrote that is lazy. Kingdoms of Amalur is a single-player action adventure RPG. Guild Wars is a multi-player dungeon RPG or something similar.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups
21. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Signups Feb 22, 2012, 16:27 fujiJuice

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Feb 22, 2012, 15:45:
A lot of people seem to hold GW in fairly high regard. I'm not an MMO fan. I've watched friends play them, and just never saw the appeal. Is this one any different? I just don't enjoy grinding and don't have the time to put in for long play-sessions. If it's not fun to just play for an hour a few times a week, then it's probably not for me.

Calling the original Guild Wars an MMO is a very, very long stretch, so if you don't like MMO gameplay style I would say give it a shot. As for GW2, I don't know enough about it to form an opinion, try for the beta, can't hurt.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 22, 2012, 09:24 fujiJuice

Comcast is definitely one of the most retarded ISP/cable providers out there. Not to mention their services are 15 different kinds of terrible.  

News Comments > New WHQL-Certified GeForce Drivers
6. Re: New WHQL-Certified GeForce Drivers Feb 21, 2012, 13:04 fujiJuice

Well my 3D Mark 11 score went up a tiny bit, and no problems so far. I have to say that comparison screenshot tool nvidia has on their site, is the coolest and most helpful I have ever seen.

OK tried it out with Skyrim and Ambient Occlusion set to Quality. I normally hit the cap with my framerate at 60fps on my GTX 570, with AO on I get 45fps avg but it jumps around a lot. Still pretty decent performance but with hiccups every once in awhile. This is Ultra settings at 1920x1200 and the texture pack on.

This comment was edited on Feb 21, 2012, 13:38.

News Comments > Anno 2070 Content Update
9. Re: Anno 2070 Content Update Feb 13, 2012, 14:23 fujiJuice

Such an amazing series, I can lose myself for hours in 1701, love the two hour warning. It really is a shame, I was so looking forward to this futuristic spin.  

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
22. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jan 24, 2012, 13:32 fujiJuice

I haven't been keeping up to date with the game, took a bit of a break, is the Large Address Aware work around still needed?  

News Comments > The Old Republic Code Issues
26. Re: The Old Republic Code Issues Dec 19, 2011, 21:14 fujiJuice

My CE box had several issues with it as well. They used these awful circular tape things to put the plastic surrounding case on, so removing them would result in destroying the cardboard, since I tried a part of one. The inside of the box was ripped in one location and the stand for the figure is out of alignment which resulted in a scratch when trying to put it together since the legs need a little manipulating to fit.

But hey I could read my code.

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
7. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 11:35 fujiJuice

InBlack wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 10:48:
Im hoping this game fails horribly, from what Ive seen of it its an attempt by Bioware to fool people into thinking they are playing an actual MMO.

While I don't hope it fails, I am inclined to agree that it isn't really an MMO, it is KOTOR 3 with a monthly fee thrown in. With that said, I am going to play until my free month is up, because I do think it is a good game, but I don't think it is going to have much longevity.

News Comments > Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours?
39. Re: Skyrim Sells 3.4M in 48 Hours? Nov 15, 2011, 13:19 fujiJuice

Bucky wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 12:56:
The UI still irritates me, not because it sucks with the mouse (I just use the keyboard) but because so much is hidden. I just figured out that you hit R to unlock shouts with stored up dragon souls. Every time I'd tried to select a new shout, it had just said I needed a dragon soul. I'd pushed along in the relevant quest lines, killed dragons and then immediately tried to select the shout.....and then 20 minutes ago I accidentally stumbled across how to do it. Bah!

It should unlock on selection, but to be fair it does tell you at the bottom that R will unlock it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
27. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 13:49 fujiJuice

Someone called me yesterday to go fix their son's xbox, after troubleshooting for a while and numerous calls to Verizon and Microsoft I was able to come to the conclusion that somehow Microsoft was blocking a portion of IP's from New Jersey from accessing certain servers, namely xbox login. I had to inform both companies of this, only then did they admit that a large block of IP's in New Jersey using FIOS can not access xbox live. Apparently 'engineers' are working on it, I can only imagine the rage going on in some households around here. I see I still can't access live.xbox.com, just as a test.  

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview
21. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview Nov 6, 2011, 00:19 fujiJuice

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 20:02:
fujiJuice wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 19:55:
Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 15:26:
I like the early access deal. Since I preordered the CE, I can play for a week before needing a code. If I don't like the game, I can return or sell my unopened CE for profit!

You need to enter your code to get early access, I got my code immediately from Amazon when I ordered. So if you haven't done that you should soon, according to this announcement, if you want more time to play ahead of release.

I can cancel my order before the item actually ships but I can't transfer ownership without handing over my Origin account. So selling an unopened CE for profit won't be a possibility unless you use a throwaway Origin account as you would need to transfer that to the buyer.

YOU DO NOT NEED ORIGIN FOR THIS GAME.

Then why did my SWTOR.com account become an Origin account when I entered my pre-order code? Because it is tied to an Origin account that is why. Like others have said you may not need to run Origin at the same time, but I assure it is tied to Origin, I can even see it on my Origin account when I log into it, even though I purchased it on Amazon. Take it easy.

12. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview Nov 5, 2011, 19:55 fujiJuice

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 15:26:
I like the early access deal. Since I preordered the CE, I can play for a week before needing a code. If I don't like the game, I can return or sell my unopened CE for profit!

You need to enter your code to get early access, I got my code immediately from Amazon when I ordered. So if you haven't done that you should soon, according to this announcement, if you want more time to play ahead of release.

I can cancel my order before the item actually ships but I can't transfer ownership without handing over my Origin account. So selling an unopened CE for profit won't be a possibility unless you use a throwaway Origin account as you would need to transfer that to the buyer.

1. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview Nov 5, 2011, 14:17 fujiJuice

Weird way of doing it.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
27. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 4, 2011, 01:16 fujiJuice

Morgan19 wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 22:51:
Still no dice (ha) on getting the damn thing to run again.

I was getting a directx error on load that was a result of my amBX setup, I just shut all that down and it boots up, if that is your problem.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Improvements
26. Re: Battlefield 3 Improvements Nov 4, 2011, 01:14 fujiJuice

LittleMe wrote on Nov 3, 2011, 23:27:
What you describe sounds like an uplink disconnect to the server. You were receiving data from the server alright, but your packets might not have been getting back to the server. My advice for you is to consider this an issue with the particular server you are playing on and try another.

Yeah they are a number of variables, server, number of players, or map, the trick is getting the perfect combination, for me at least.

548 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo