Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for fujiJuice

Real Name fujiJuice   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 1, 2002, 22:05
Total Comments 543 (Apprentice)
User ID 14675

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen
10. Re: Roberts: We Won't Sell Star Citizen Apr 1, 2014, 10:22 fujiJuice

Correction: "No one wants to buy an office over-flowing with design documents and developers playing solitaire for $41 million."  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Premium Battlefield 4 Naval Strike PC Launches
3. Re: Premium Battlefield 4 Naval Strike PC Launches Mar 31, 2014, 21:03 fujiJuice

It is laggy as hell too. Everyone I played with was complaining.  

News Comments > Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves
40. Re: Titanfall Cheaters Must Play With Themselves Mar 27, 2014, 08:10 fujiJuice

007Bistromath wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 05:12:
The only reason you, as a guy who does not stand to make money off the decision, could have for wanting cheaters to lose the game they paid for is spite, which you should grow out of.

Banishing cheaters to their own league is a very pro-userbase decision. If the assholes buy another account, that just means they're back in gen pop again. There are plenty of dickfaces rich enough to do this over and over again as many times as they're caught, and far more who are willing to do it once or twice. By allowing them to keep on doing what they're doing without bothering the rest of us, we're much less likely to ever see them again.

They aren't all trolls, after all. Some of them simply can't handle not winning. Now those types can rest easy in the knowledge that when they lose, it's not their fault; everyone else they play with really is cheating, just like they always claimed was the case. Others are honestly curious about experimenting to make better bots, and have wanted a game to do this to them since forever.

I am sorry but defending cheaters is a ridiculous stance. It is not 'pro-userbase' at all, it is pro-cheater. If I owned the game and was playing in a match and suspected someone of cheating, it would just add to my suspicions knowing that cheaters are still allowed to play the game. I would think maybe I somehow got flagged without my knowing, or maybe the cheater got flagged but figured out a way around it, all kinds of different scenarios. At least if cheaters were banned, I could rest easier knowing it is rather unlikely that they are cheating.

I also don't think it will keep people from buying the game again, sure maybe some of them, but I can't imagine cheat only servers being fun for more than 1.5 seconds. So if they want to keep having fun they are most likely going to buy the game again anyway, like you said, plenty of rich people who will do it over and over again.

The fact that they 'can't handle not winning' is most certainly not a pass to let them do whatever they want. Cheating, by it's very definition, is playing against the established rules, so it is most definitely something they should be removed from the game for. The fact that they 'can't handle winning' is only going to be amplified when on servers where everyone cheats.

Finally, I have no idea why someone would use a third party game to make their own bots. It would serve absolutely no purpose, unless they were selling the cheat themselves for profit. If it was for experimenting for a game they are making themselves, than just do it in your own game.

News Comments > Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled
146. Re: Facebook Acquires Oculus, Oculus Rift Minecraft Cancelled Mar 26, 2014, 14:37 fujiJuice

I just don't get it. This came completely out of left field and even seeing it happen I can't believe it would. This seems like one of the most knee-jerk purchases I have ever seen in the corporate world. It makes even less sense then the AOL/Time Warner merger, and we all know how well that went.

I can see Facebook wanting to go the Google route and expand into other areas and markets, but to go so far out of your wheelhouse is just idiotic. At least with Google most of the properties they bought you could see somehow being incorporated into their portfolio somewhere.

I would imagine the Oculus people were sweet talked into selling, and I can sort of understand that, I just don't see it from Facebooks perspective. Does Zuckerberg have the ability to make these decisions solo or is he beholden to a board of directors or something now that they are public? They tried doing a Facebook phone and even that was a disaster, and that is something everyone uses Facebook on already.

If Carmack was in the know about this I doubt he would have supported it, what with his own experience in relinquishing control to a higher power. This also seems like a missed opportunity for Google, in my opinion the melding of Glass and VR opens the door to some pretty neat applications and they are well on the way with Glass already.

News Comments > EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week
15. Re: EverQuest Next Landmark Closed Beta Next Week Mar 22, 2014, 23:30 fujiJuice

So I know what a template is, but what is it in regards to this game, kind of confusing?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
11. Re: etc., etc. Mar 21, 2014, 23:11 fujiJuice

While death threats and attacks on his family are not ok, this guy still doesn't seem to get why things happened the way they did.

Also the game he is making about internet toxicity sounds 'super fun'.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
34. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Feb 9, 2014, 10:36 fujiJuice

The only real IMAX theater I have been to is in the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. I have seen several movies there, most of them specifically made for it, while growing up and taking class trips there.

The first time I went to an 'IMAX' theater other than that, it was just a regular theater with the screen slightly bigger and curved a small fraction. It was crap.

A real IMAX screen like the one in the Franklin Institute is supposed to surround you all over, up, down, left, right. In the last 5-10 years they have been showing feature films there on occasion, I would love to see a proper one there, now that is something you can't get at home. The feeling of motion you get from the immersion is incredible.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 13, 2014, 00:05 fujiJuice

Perhaps the panel should be about being a responsible adult in the media when in such a prominent position (should really be always but that is asking a lot). Then maybe we would have less of these instigators who cry foul when someone takes the bait.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $35 Million
42. Re: Star Citizen Passes $35 Million Dec 23, 2013, 21:08 fujiJuice

They need to just stop it with the stretch goals, it does no one any good at this point. The projects success threatens to be its failure.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 09:10 fujiJuice

Just from looking at today and yesterday the "Starbound Beta Details" and from yesterday the "DICE pauses all future products". There is probably more. Basically any story that links to previous stories on bluesnews.com excluding the "read more" link.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2013, 08:52 fujiJuice

Hey Blue, lately all of your interwebsite links have been broken. They all have an extra /s/ in the URL, just a heads up.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 10:01 fujiJuice

I am very sorry for your loss.  

News Comments > King Voxel Kickstarter Features Playable Demo
1. Re: King Voxel Kickstarter Features Playable Demo Nov 10, 2013, 12:24 fujiJuice

It seems like 3D Dot Game Heroes filled this niche years ago, and still looks better. Not sure if this will find a market.  

News Comments > Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure
20. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 4, 2013, 08:50 fujiJuice

RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 07:02:
Redmask wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 07:00:
RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 06:58:
WoW ruined all potentially good MMOs. WoW taught publishers what the mass market really wants is cartoon graphics that run good on sub-$1000 PCs, and everything handed to them on a silver platter in-game.

Games should be another job after all, with hours long farms of spawns shared by everyone and corpse runs.

WoW made MMOs bearable.

I rest my case.

God forbid people want to have fun playing a 'game'. It certainly isn't Blizzard's fault no game has managed to steal away all their users, it is the fault of the other developers. Unless a vast majority of your friends are going to move with you to a different MMO, it probably isn't going to stand the test of time. It has to appeal to a vast audience, it is the very nature of an MMO, at least, if you want an ambitious Triple A MMO. The hardcore gamer base just doesn't bring in the money to support such an costly undertaking, so it must cater to both segments of the population. That is something that WoW did perfectly in the very beginning.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 28, 2013, 10:13 fujiJuice

Am I the only one not getting the style sheets for bluesnews?  

News Comments > TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns
5. Re: TotalBiscuit's Day One Garry's Incident Review Returns Oct 21, 2013, 18:08 fujiJuice

Considering the apology includes another lie, they are never going to change.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Changes
15. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Changes Oct 17, 2013, 08:54 fujiJuice

I agree that BF4 doesn't look a whole lot different than BF3, I didn't expect it to either, I mean BF3 is already an incredible looking game. However with the limited time I played the BF4 beta, it certainly felt different.

It is hard to describe, but in Bad Company 2, I was pretty good, in BF3 I was/am terrible. Something about the way moving and shooting feels in the game. Now I know they are two different franchises, but BF4 felt a little more like BC2 than BF3. I consider that a great improvement, even though the beta ran terrible on my computer, I was able to hold my own and get some really satisfying kills. That is what is important to me in the end, if I am not able to kill anyone, like in BF3, than my interest fades, and frustration rises.

I don't know if anyone else had the same feeling.

News Comments > Steam Hardware Prototype Details
38. Re: Steam Hardware Prototype Details Oct 5, 2013, 09:13 fujiJuice

I think many of you are forgetting this is just a prototype. Straight from the information on Steam.

"If you guys are delivering an OS to hardware manufacturers, why is Valve also making its own box?

We're conducting a beta of the overall Steam living-room experience, so we needed to build prototype hardware on which to run tests. At Valve we always rely on real-world testing as part of our design process. The specific machine we're testing is designed for users who want the most control possible over their hardware. Other boxes will optimize for size, price, quietness, or other factors."

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads
24. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Preloads Sep 30, 2013, 18:05 fujiJuice

maleitch wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 17:47:
This is a joke right? Why not just play on a console...what is wrong with you?

Maybe he likes to play the games he buys, the way he wants, absolutely nothing wrong with that. If he enjoys the controller, and has a gaming PC, I see know reason to get it on console. Smaller maps, poor graphics, and a more horrible online player base, something would be wrong with him if he didn't get it on PC.

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
64. Re: Steam Controller Announced Sep 28, 2013, 10:06 fujiJuice

I think people are jumping to way too many conclusions with nothing to go on but a few paragraphs and a 3D rendering. I will wait to pass judgement on an entirely new and unique design of a controller, from a PC oriented company, until it is in my hands for a while. Pictures of it are worthless in terms of how it will control, perform, or feel.

It seems like Valve is attempting to build a bridge across the gap between consoles and PC's. The bridge they are building is completely optional, no one is forcing you to use it. They are a game company after all, and despite your feelings, PC's and consoles both play games.

As for Valve abandoning their games, they aren't. I'm sure the team responsible for programming an OS or designing hardware, is not the same team that would design games or build levels.

543 Comments. 28 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo