Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Max

Real Name Max   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email max_jenkins@hotmail.com
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 26, 2002, 14:38
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 14608

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Isle, Fallout 3 Dead
17. so dearly sorry Dec 8, 2003, 22:25 Max

I just wanted to thank the Black Isle Studios team for one of the greatest series of games of late 90s... I still haven't played the fallouts...i have the cd for 2, will get to it, I promise...but in addition, the two Icewind dale games, and their masterpiece, Planescape: Torment, which is possibly the greatest game of all time. You guys raised games to art; I sincerely believe that Torment was a literary achievement. It was a work of true greatness. Everyone else--please play this if you haven't.

It is a real debacle that we should have game studios like this and looking glass going down on either side; I don't know what to blame--consoles, changing tastes, the chronic unprofitability of great games. But Black Isle is proof that the greatest games of all time will appear most frequently on the PC and that they will often be underappreciated in their own time.

It was with great sadness that I read this.

I hope each and everyone of their employees finds work and continues to spread their genius.

Have wonderful holidays, all of you.

Yours sincerely,

Max

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
671. my condolences and sympathy Sep 21, 2003, 22:30 Max

Blue I am so sorry. I have followed your site since the quake I days and I want you to know that it has been something I've looked forward to everyday since then. thank you. I hope you are doing well, and my sincere sympathies to you and your loved ones. Take care.

Max

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Hints?
49. Re: heh Apr 16, 2003, 00:17 Max

I'm sorry, but I played Halo on my roomates' x-box, and it was _not_ as good as any of the major landmark 3d shooters on the pc...half-life, for example, was way better than halo. halo was repetitive (especially that damn library part...), because it was crushed by the console confinement. however there were brilliant parts in it--like when the marines all land on the beach. I played that a lot...

News Comments > Unreal II Trailer
64. ut2 trailer Jan 12, 2003, 11:14 Max

I just saw the UT2 trailer...honestly I didn't think it was that bad. The fighting and visuals _do_ look good, as has been said, but I don't understand where everyone is critizing it from. The trailer doesn't really show anything about how the game is going to play; it's really only an exposition of graphics, so besides being annoyed at the cliche woman/weapons guy, i don't understand what the problem is. Personally, I think this is going to be the first sp fps to challenge half-life as the best, and remember that Half-Life was visually interesting when it came out, and if you saw the trailers for Op For or whatever, they weren't _that_ much better...okay, actually it was a lot better, but i think that has more to do with editing and soundtrack and not with indication of gameplay.

Max

14. Re: dnf and tf2 Nov 6, 2002, 09:51 Max

Speaking of which, what the hell is going on with Team Fortress 2? I know, I know, Valve went back to revamp the engine and they are supposed to release big info in the next couple of months--but...like...please?

It really makes you wonder...I mean, if you place aside all of the support and extra content valve has introduced to the community, when you think about it, the last game (and the only game) they released...was four years ago?

That's an incredible development rollover, personally I'm skeptical that anything is going on there at all...i don't see how a game with the basic mechanics of team fortress, even if it does have better graphics, is going to be successful. Maybe valve is like one of those authors who writes a single incredible book, and then never writes again...sort of a reclusive, enigmatic genius...

12. doom ports, doom Sep 26, 2002, 10:45 Max

I agree--as far as FPS go, Doom is the best ever created. There was a great article on LoonyGames (if anyone here remembers that) written to commemorate the 5th anniversary of the original release. It was really good at capturing the feelings we sort of all shared when we played that game. You can still get it at www.loonygames.com, and then through the archives...damn even that is old now ;(.

On a related note, has anybody tried jDoom? I feel that graphically, this is the best port--it has an excellent control panel interface and goes up to 1600x1200, and even supports the inclusion of 3d models, which are so-so. How do you guys feel about this one? I have trouble deciding between jDoom and Legacy.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo