Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Dre

Real Name Dre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dre
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 25, 2002, 21:03
Total Comments 7 (Suspect)
User ID 14593

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Stuffed by NBA
33. Re: What's really kinda sad.... Dec 22, 2004, 12:35 Dre

EA employees don't get paid overtime... why is this a big deal?

Hundreds of thousands of people don't get paid OT in this country. It's called being an Exempt Employee. Just because you don't get paid OT doesn't mean you don't see a benefit on the other end, like flexible schedules or comp time.

I think those who are shocked about unpaid OT are people who haven't been in the work force... unpaid OT is the way of the work world. U.S. government, which has billions at its disposal, does the same thing with sub-contractors.

It's not a big deal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Stuffed by NBA
27. Yeah, right... Dec 21, 2004, 15:37 Dre

You guys are coming down on professional sports and EA for doing the same thing you would do if the positions were switched. We live in a capitalistic society where the bottom line is the bottom line... both of these groups need to make money. They found a way to increase their profit, it's legal, they do it.

Hate the game, not the player is absolutely apropos.

If you don't like these kinds of business practices, start lobbying for legislation to curtail it. Vote for a president that makes this kind of synergy/take overs/buy outs harder. Otherwise, stop yapping about it.

I'm not a big fan of single companies owning everything, but I never made the mistake of buying a game without reading some reviews or trying it out first. If EA wants to make crap (I don't believe everything they've touched is as such), it will catch up to them. But if you buy a game that is poor quality, that's on you. Not on the developer or the distributor. Do your homework.

I've read countless posts about how EA puts out nothing but crap... BF42, BF:V, Battle for Middle Earth, Medal of Honor, The Sims and The Sims 2, Burnout 3, Madden, NBA Live, FIFA, Freedom Fighters, SimCity 4, Lord of the Rings hack and slash games, James Bond: Everything or Noting...

Not exactly accurate.

I don't see the logic in being critical of a company only doing what a company is supposed to do... make money.

News Comments > Games for Soldiers
2. Because toilet seats... Dec 3, 2004, 10:51 Dre

...cost $300.

Not that our government knows how to spend money appropriately, and I know you're not accusing them of "financial responsibility."

This is just the tip of the iceberg. You should see some of the more older veterans that are homeless and without adequate medical care... or benefits period. I've volunteered at a couple of Veteran's Hospitals and it's quite sad.

www.booksforsoldiers.com is another great resource for helping our service men and women.

...also, it probably would have been a better idea to have considered the war and the state of the military you're sending to said war prior to any action. No soldier should be writing home to mom and dad asking for kevlar vests.

News Comments > Survivor Announced
17. Jigga, Wha? Oct 5, 2004, 14:51 Dre

As said before, very creative, but might be a little too controversial and insensitive to my tastes...

You know what would make this game playable? Zombies. Titanic is sinking because an iceberg carrying 1,000 zombies hit the ship. The zombies, not being very smart, figured it would be a good idea to ambush unassuming warm bodies with a rather unmaneuverable ice berg. It finally paid off, and now they are on a feeding frenzy, so you now must survive a sinking cruise ship in icy waters AND ravenous zombies chasing you through the ship... while avoiding packed corridors of panicking passengers.

A Hurricane hits the south-east of the United States, and, within it's clouds, are zombies... who are rapidly deployed via... THE SKY!

Earthquake hits Mexico... zombies crawl out of the cracks in the earth, feast on humans and salsa verde.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Battlefront Review Sep 19, 2004, 18:31 Dre

IGN gave SOCOM for the XBox, a 7.5... Riddick for XBox... similar scores... both games IGN reviewers said were "nearly perfect."

So... IGN grades a little heavy at times. More to the point, the reviewer who took a look at SW:BF for PC contradicts himself several times and the review is very inconsistent. And he can't spell "Imperial."

Essentially, SW:BF received the same score as SOCOM and Riddick and if you've played either of those games, a 7.5 "ass" score equates to a pretty decent game.

News Comments > BF Vietnam 1.2 Details
1. *yawn* Sep 10, 2004, 16:27 Dre

I thank the developers for caring about their product enough to keep it updated, but personally, BF:V has lost what luster it had. I have returned to BF42, specifically the BG42 mod and I'm really close to uninstalling BF:V... and I'm a HUGE fan of DICE.

I would love to see all sides of DICE focus on BF2 and leave BF:V behind. BF:V wasn't a flop. It's a good game. But let us move on to the future...

News Comments > Gold - Star Wars Battlefront
40. Re: Does this actually seem...EARLY? Sep 3, 2004, 10:55 Dre

Did I just see someone complain because a game company actually met their projected deadline?

Yes, yes you did. A constant in all of the world is that someone will find something to complain about. If you're a development group who sticks to schedule, you're game is predicted to be horrible. If you're a development group that takes years to put a game together, miss 90% of all dates you announce for various aspects of the game, rarely communicate with your fan base, you're Valve.

In SW:BF's case, there's been ample hands-on reports from IGN/GSpy... all positive. And these folks play and review games for a living. There's been plenty of in-game footage and screens... the only hole I see that needs addressing is the netcode...

But then again, so many people complained about BF:42's netcode... and DICE was accused of not releasing a complete game... and we all know how BF:42 is no longer played by anyone...

7 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo