Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim1_2

Real Name Tim1_2   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 20, 2002, 23:01
Total Comments 307 (Amateur)
User ID 14518

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
56. Re: Steam Top 10 May 12, 2014, 07:32 Tim1_2

Cutter wrote on May 11, 2014, 12:20:
I don't understand people buying DayZ.

DayZ is pretty fun. I got about 100 hours out of the Standalone before getting bored.

Currently playing: DayZ
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Steam Top 10 May 6, 2014, 08:01 Tim1_2

DayZ is great fun, but I stopped playing about a month or so ago. I actually went back and played the mod for a bit, but now it's all about ARMA 3: Battle Royale (mod).

The progress on DayZ has been underwhelming. I don't really care about adding more hats or fireplaces at this point.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Apr 1, 2014, 09:12 Tim1_2

That guy who lasered the helicopters certainly deserves punishment, but 14 years is ridiculous. People who have killed people have served less time in prison.  

News Comments > New DayZ Studio; Future Plans Detailed
18. Re: New DayZ Studio; Future Plans Detailed Mar 31, 2014, 08:02 Tim1_2

I've actually returned to playing the mod instead of the stand-alone. Just so many more things to do in the mod...the appeal of finding different hats in the standalone finally wore off.  

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 25, 2014, 08:48 Tim1_2

I'm a huge DayZ supporter, and got into the mod almost two years ago. The Alpha though is taking longer than expected to come along...they really need to add in vehicles/tents/heli crashes, and other things that provide more stuff to do.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
32. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 08:46 Tim1_2

Logitech G35s are quite comfy...I am a glasses wearer, and have no issues.  

News Comments > GDC Award Winners
4. Re: GDC Award Winners Mar 20, 2014, 10:01 Tim1_2

nin wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 09:30:
Glad to see Papers Please getting some love there. Fantastic game.

I'm not sure I'd call it a "fantastic" game, but it sure is special. Definitely deserving of an innovation award. I spent around 8 hours with it before getting driven insane by the ever-escalating number of things to remember.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 17, 2014, 13:09 Tim1_2

Titanfall is fun and all, but if this is supposed to be some new pinnacle of gaming, colour me unimpressed. There is nothing in the game that makes you think any sort of cloud computing is necessary.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 09:48 Tim1_2

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:21:
Tim1_2 wrote on Mar 13, 2014, 09:12:
Yeah, fuck this winter. We just got half a foot dumped on us yesterday.
7" here, 6" of snow, with 1" of wet snow under it. And now everything is as slippery as anything because my city can't figure out to use this marvelous stuff called "sand" on the roads before everyone starts turning it into a sheet of ice.

I think my city already blew the snow-plow budget, so our side streets haven't been cleared. They should call Mr. Plow. Mr Plow, that's his name, that name again is Mr. Plow.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 09:12 Tim1_2

Yeah, fuck this winter. We just got half a foot dumped on us yesterday.  

News Comments > Arma 3 Campaign Conclusion This Month
3. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Conclusion This Month Mar 12, 2014, 08:17 Tim1_2

Yeah, these ARMA 3 campaigns are a step waaaaaay up from their previous games. The AI is still problematic, but as far as tactical FPSes go, it's at the top. And it's goooooooorgeous.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Feb 6, 2014, 08:34 Tim1_2

DayZ is awesome. That is all.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
30. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 13:35 Tim1_2

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:28:
Tim1_2 wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:24:
If I back something on Kickstarter, I am solely investing in the development of the game, and expect nothing in return immediately.

If I buy a game on Early-Access, I expect a certain amount of content depending on the dollar value.

Yeah I think that is where a lot of the confusion comes from. A lot of people look at Early Access the same way as you, even though it should be no different from Kickstarter.
Funny how getting less for the money seems more. When you kickstart a game you get nothing in return right away but still that seems like a more approved money spending practice then paying for early access but not getting all the game content and features just a taste of it.

Yeah, agreed, it is a bit of a double-standard.

In that same vein though, I would have never backed Next Car Game on Kickstarter, but seeing the product on Steam Early-Access was enough to convince me. So I feel like if you're going to offer a playable portion of the game on Steam, you should be held to a higher standard, as people are not only investing in you, but also immediately purchasing a product.

27. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 13:24 Tim1_2

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:12:
Tim1_2 wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:08:
So what I'm saying is, if you are looking to buy this RIGHT NOW for the content CURRENTLY BEING OFFERED, it's not worth it.

The only other game I've bought on early-access is ARMA 3 and DayZ, and both those offered tons of content right off the hop.
Got ya.
I got it because I wanted to help the devs to get this game made.
I also had Arma3 in early access and I know what you mean. Sadly though Arma 3 shipped without the single player element and a lot of people shit all over the game because of it.
For how much I've paid for this game if they add multiplayer support for the demo derbies I've already got my money's worth, because that mode is a ton of fun.
I am pretty sure the finished game will be a lot more than that though, hopefully they can add all the features they want and polish it up for release.

I guess I look at Early Access slightly differently. If I back something on Kickstarter, I am solely investing in the development of the game, and expect nothing in return immediately.

If I buy a game on Early-Access, I expect a certain amount of content depending on the dollar value. For "Next Car Game", I feel like there just isn't enough content to justify the $25 price tag. Still, though, I am happy to support the development of the game, as it is obviously showing promise at this stage.

23. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 13:08 Tim1_2

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 12:55:
Tim1_2 wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 12:45:
I bought this in early-access on Steam. To be honest, the current offering isn't worth the approximate $25 they are asking for it. Yeah, you get a couple race tracks and a demo derby arena. There are two playable cars.

It's fun, sure, but you can literally play through all the offered content in 10 minutes, and then you are repeating.
To be honest with you most Alphas offer very little from the completed game. People who pay for early access are not buying the game for what is currently being offered but pay early to help the development and get a little taste of the game being developed in return.

If you compare how much you've paid and how many hours of gameplay or enjoyment you got out of it, then clearly you do not understand the concept of early access.

In comparison Elite Dangerous Alpha currently cost 200Euros ~ $270US, what's being offered can be played though in about an hour, all single player.
I don't even want to mention Star Citizen with the $35 min price to get in the game and you get one ship sitting in a hanger and you can walk around and look at it.

So what I'm saying is, if you are looking to buy this RIGHT NOW for the content CURRENTLY BEING OFFERED, it's not worth it.

The only other game I've bought on early-access is ARMA 3 and DayZ, and both those offered tons of content right off the hop.

19. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 12:45 Tim1_2

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 11:11:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:56:
Unless they've added to it, the early access honestly isn't as fun as the tech demo. Two small tracks, with less environment detail than Ultimate Carnage. I understand it's not final, so I'm just gonna let it sit. I spent way, WAY more time in the tech demo, as it oddly offers more to do than the early access game.

And I still believe they should allow for people to play the tech demo map in multiplayer as part of the full game. We'd invent our own weird game rules, they wouldn't need to do much other than tacking the map into the track list.
There are 2 race tracks and a demo derby stadium in the early access game. Each race track can be raced 12/24 or no car at all (practice mode)
I have been playing the demo derby mode with 24 cars and loving it.
The races are fun too to mix things up a bit.
I think ones it is finished it will be an amazing racing game.

I bought this in early-access on Steam. To be honest, the current offering isn't worth the approximate $25 they are asking for it. Yeah, you get a couple race tracks and a demo derby arena. There are two playable cars.

It's fun, sure, but you can literally play through all the offered content in 10 minutes, and then you are repeating.

86. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 28, 2014, 10:43 Tim1_2

Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 03:43:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 01:59:
StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 00:16:
People paid $50 for Battlefield 4, think DayZ may not be as pretty but has more polish in terms of stability.

Trollbait +10

It's not really trollbait. BF4 was broken at launch, remained broken for weeks (months for some customers) and, unlike Early Access games, gave no warning of this to customers. The DayZ store page gives tons of warnings that the game is buggy and unfinished. DayZ also costs half as much as BF4.

BF4 crashed my PC way more than the DayZ Standalone has, and I've played DayZ way more. Fact.

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
8. Re: Agreed! Oct 2, 2013, 10:39 Tim1_2

Jackplug wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:36:
why would anyone want to buy this heap of shit!

Exactly. Just. Don't. Buy. This.

Someone mentioned rain and frogs. I also remember giant mosquitos?

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
21. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 12:04 Tim1_2

Loved the original Thief(s)...obviously have big concerns about the dumbing down that may take place here.

Don't mind the bonus level for the pre-order...I won't be pre-ordering, but using that Thief 2 level is a smart idea.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 24, 2013, 11:52 Tim1_2

I can't remember my exact mental state of when I was 12. Obviously, this game is not intended for "kids", and each parent needs to make a call on whether or not their kid is capable of handling the game...and by "handling", I mean they understand the content, and can understand that it's a ridiculous video game, and nothing more.

I dunno, I figure I probably could've handled this as a 12-year old, but obviously my parents may have had a different take on the situation. Kids nowadays get exposed to "stuff" way earlier than ever before thanks to friends and the internet. Tricky times to be a parent.

307 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo