Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tim1_2

Real Name Tim1_2   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 20, 2002, 23:01
Total Comments 298 (Amateur)
User ID 14518

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 13, 2014, 09:12 Tim1_2

Yeah, fuck this winter. We just got half a foot dumped on us yesterday.  
Currently playing: DayZ
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Arma 3 Campaign Conclusion This Month
3. Re: Arma 3 Campaign Conclusion This Month Mar 12, 2014, 08:17 Tim1_2

Yeah, these ARMA 3 campaigns are a step waaaaaay up from their previous games. The AI is still problematic, but as far as tactical FPSes go, it's at the top. And it's goooooooorgeous.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Feb 6, 2014, 08:34 Tim1_2

DayZ is awesome. That is all.  

News Comments > Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week
30. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 13:35 Tim1_2

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:28:
Tim1_2 wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:24:
If I back something on Kickstarter, I am solely investing in the development of the game, and expect nothing in return immediately.

If I buy a game on Early-Access, I expect a certain amount of content depending on the dollar value.

Yeah I think that is where a lot of the confusion comes from. A lot of people look at Early Access the same way as you, even though it should be no different from Kickstarter.
Funny how getting less for the money seems more. When you kickstart a game you get nothing in return right away but still that seems like a more approved money spending practice then paying for early access but not getting all the game content and features just a taste of it.

Yeah, agreed, it is a bit of a double-standard.

In that same vein though, I would have never backed Next Car Game on Kickstarter, but seeing the product on Steam Early-Access was enough to convince me. So I feel like if you're going to offer a playable portion of the game on Steam, you should be held to a higher standard, as people are not only investing in you, but also immediately purchasing a product.

27. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 13:24 Tim1_2

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:12:
Tim1_2 wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:08:
So what I'm saying is, if you are looking to buy this RIGHT NOW for the content CURRENTLY BEING OFFERED, it's not worth it.

The only other game I've bought on early-access is ARMA 3 and DayZ, and both those offered tons of content right off the hop.
Got ya.
I got it because I wanted to help the devs to get this game made.
I also had Arma3 in early access and I know what you mean. Sadly though Arma 3 shipped without the single player element and a lot of people shit all over the game because of it.
For how much I've paid for this game if they add multiplayer support for the demo derbies I've already got my money's worth, because that mode is a ton of fun.
I am pretty sure the finished game will be a lot more than that though, hopefully they can add all the features they want and polish it up for release.

I guess I look at Early Access slightly differently. If I back something on Kickstarter, I am solely investing in the development of the game, and expect nothing in return immediately.

If I buy a game on Early-Access, I expect a certain amount of content depending on the dollar value. For "Next Car Game", I feel like there just isn't enough content to justify the $25 price tag. Still, though, I am happy to support the development of the game, as it is obviously showing promise at this stage.

23. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 13:08 Tim1_2

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 12:55:
Tim1_2 wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 12:45:
I bought this in early-access on Steam. To be honest, the current offering isn't worth the approximate $25 they are asking for it. Yeah, you get a couple race tracks and a demo derby arena. There are two playable cars.

It's fun, sure, but you can literally play through all the offered content in 10 minutes, and then you are repeating.
To be honest with you most Alphas offer very little from the completed game. People who pay for early access are not buying the game for what is currently being offered but pay early to help the development and get a little taste of the game being developed in return.

If you compare how much you've paid and how many hours of gameplay or enjoyment you got out of it, then clearly you do not understand the concept of early access.

In comparison Elite Dangerous Alpha currently cost 200Euros ~ $270US, what's being offered can be played though in about an hour, all single player.
I don't even want to mention Star Citizen with the $35 min price to get in the game and you get one ship sitting in a hanger and you can walk around and look at it.

So what I'm saying is, if you are looking to buy this RIGHT NOW for the content CURRENTLY BEING OFFERED, it's not worth it.

The only other game I've bought on early-access is ARMA 3 and DayZ, and both those offered tons of content right off the hop.

19. Re: Next Car Game Makes $1 Million in One Week Jan 30, 2014, 12:45 Tim1_2

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 11:11:
HoSpanky wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 10:56:
Unless they've added to it, the early access honestly isn't as fun as the tech demo. Two small tracks, with less environment detail than Ultimate Carnage. I understand it's not final, so I'm just gonna let it sit. I spent way, WAY more time in the tech demo, as it oddly offers more to do than the early access game.

And I still believe they should allow for people to play the tech demo map in multiplayer as part of the full game. We'd invent our own weird game rules, they wouldn't need to do much other than tacking the map into the track list.
There are 2 race tracks and a demo derby stadium in the early access game. Each race track can be raced 12/24 or no car at all (practice mode)
I have been playing the demo derby mode with 24 cars and loving it.
The races are fun too to mix things up a bit.
I think ones it is finished it will be an amazing racing game.

I bought this in early-access on Steam. To be honest, the current offering isn't worth the approximate $25 they are asking for it. Yeah, you get a couple race tracks and a demo derby arena. There are two playable cars.

It's fun, sure, but you can literally play through all the offered content in 10 minutes, and then you are repeating.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
86. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 28, 2014, 10:43 Tim1_2

Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 03:43:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 01:59:
StaticRandomNumber wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 00:16:
People paid $50 for Battlefield 4, think DayZ may not be as pretty but has more polish in terms of stability.

Trollbait +10

It's not really trollbait. BF4 was broken at launch, remained broken for weeks (months for some customers) and, unlike Early Access games, gave no warning of this to customers. The DayZ store page gives tons of warnings that the game is buggy and unfinished. DayZ also costs half as much as BF4.

BF4 crashed my PC way more than the DayZ Standalone has, and I've played DayZ way more. Fact.

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
8. Re: Agreed! Oct 2, 2013, 10:39 Tim1_2

Jackplug wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 10:36:
why would anyone want to buy this heap of shit!

Exactly. Just. Don't. Buy. This.

Someone mentioned rain and frogs. I also remember giant mosquitos?

News Comments > THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer
21. Re: THIEF Preorder Bonus Trailer Sep 26, 2013, 12:04 Tim1_2

Loved the original Thief(s)...obviously have big concerns about the dumbing down that may take place here.

Don't mind the bonus level for the pre-order...I won't be pre-ordering, but using that Thief 2 level is a smart idea.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 24, 2013, 11:52 Tim1_2

I can't remember my exact mental state of when I was 12. Obviously, this game is not intended for "kids", and each parent needs to make a call on whether or not their kid is capable of handling the game...and by "handling", I mean they understand the content, and can understand that it's a ridiculous video game, and nothing more.

I dunno, I figure I probably could've handled this as a 12-year old, but obviously my parents may have had a different take on the situation. Kids nowadays get exposed to "stuff" way earlier than ever before thanks to friends and the internet. Tricky times to be a parent.

News Comments > State of Decay Early Access Tomorrow
5. Re: State of Decay Early Access Tomorrow Sep 20, 2013, 08:53 Tim1_2

I will wait until they add keyboard/mouse support before buying it. I've been wanting to play this for a while, though...looks like a real winner, and it kind of takes the zombie genre to another level.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma III
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma III Sep 12, 2013, 11:52 Tim1_2

SirKnight wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 10:49:
Over reacting much? lol

It's not like this is some kind of surprise. BIS announced they would do this and why months ago. With the MP, editor and user content (not to mention compatible with Arma 2 mods/missions/islands/etc) this is no big deal. The SP campaign is just a nice to have feature, always has been with Arma. Clearly some of you are new around here.

Yep. If you want to wait until the SP campaign is released before buying the game, go ahead, no one will hate you for that.

No one can rag on these developers...they support their games to the end of the earth. Up until a little while ago (and maybe still), ARMA 2 was receiving beta patches frequently.

Plus they support the modding community extremely well. And, y'know, ARMA 3 is the best military FPS sim on the planet, and that's not even open for debate.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
62. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 12, 2013, 07:52 Tim1_2

This is actually a good feature, and a step in the right direction. People are complaining about it, but it's something Valve didn't have to do at all.

Steam will never let you give away games out of your library, or enable simultaneous use of the same game between accounts...that would just be a horrible business decision.

Steam is pretty great, and while it didn't "save" PC gaming, it IS the reason why we have as many quality PC titles as we do.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2013, 10:39 Tim1_2

Maybe just keep your phone plugged in next to your bed while you sleep? That means no missed alarms (if you consider this a good thing), and you're always waking up to a full charge.

C'mon Blue, it's easy!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2013, 10:38 Tim1_2

I am all for screenshot thumbnails on the main page, and I've been around here forever, so my vote should count for more.

As for personal attacks...well I don't really think they're necessary against ANYBODY, forum member or not. Arguing about why someone is making a bad decision, doing something wrong, etc, is fair game, but just calling people names isn't going to get anybody anywhere.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2013, 15:09 Tim1_2

Yeah, you don't need company to eat it for you, just freeze the leftovers!  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Walking Dead 400 Days Jul 4, 2013, 08:25 Tim1_2

So I bought 400 Days yesterday, and then realized I had uninstalled Season 1 of TWD. I reinstalled it, but I'm not certain my "choices" will be remembered and brought forward into 400 Days and Season 2? When I look at all the Chapters, Chapter 1 is the only one with a save game in it...not sure what happened, but can anyone confirm or deny if the record of my choices lives on even if I uninstalled the game?  

News Comments > Arma 3 Beta This Month
5. Re: Arma 3 Beta This Month Jun 13, 2013, 07:12 Tim1_2

Were there ever any extra single-player missions added to the original Alpha? Will this Beta add more single-player missions?  

News Comments > DayZ Footage
2. Re: DayZ Footage Jun 12, 2013, 09:09 Tim1_2

Yeah, I have a ton of time in the mod as well. It's a little disappointing that they still have problems with clipping and zombie animations, but then they have added a lot of content too. I will certainly be all over the standalone when it comes out.  

298 Comments. 15 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo