Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bob Hope

Real Name Bob Hope   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Taulin
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 17, 2002, 11:35
Total Comments 209 (Novice)
User ID 14440

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Infinium Sues [H]ardOCP
17. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2004, 03:18 Taulin

Here is the low down...

The Penny Arcade people were sitting around one day, bored, and thought about what they could do to entertain us. So, they made up OCP and this thing called Infinium labs. In turn, they made the two fight each other.

Really, lawsuit? Has anyone seen any case numbers, jurisdictions or case file claims? It's all overhead talk, and the only way people come across this are people that are afiliated with PA.

Good job guys!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galaxies Update
13. Re: SWG Mar 25, 2004, 14:09 Taulin

The problem is that SWG is so expansive. There is so much to do. Many people only go on a few missions, churn butter and get bored. That is fine if that is what you want to do, but it is opposite of my experience in the game so far. It's definitely the best MMORPG out there. If you don't like it, perhaps you just don't like MMORPGs.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
64. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2004, 01:38 Taulin

I have to say when I first saw that huge Far Cry ad, I rushed to these forums. I just new Blues got som dough for it.

Congrats! When you run a site that can get this type of advertisement, it is a milestone.

News Comments > WoW Beta Live
35. Re: No subject Mar 19, 2004, 23:56 Taulin

If anything, those posted screen shots make me less interested. I will end up trying it, but I am spoiled from SWG's graphics.

I know, there is a style issue at hand, and the two should not be compared. Meh.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: UT2004
61. Re: No subject Mar 16, 2004, 22:32 Taulin

Nothing like scanning the first and last page...one minute your talking about waiting for the release, and the next licking hair armpits.

News Comments > Beneath a Steel Sky 2
2. Re: Hmmmmm.... Mar 15, 2004, 20:54 Taulin

Ahh... another Amiga clasic.

News Comments > Carmageddon Sequel & Stalin Subway Plans
7. Re: Carma Mar 11, 2004, 12:18 Taulin

Yes, back to basics. Given a track, random cars, either complete the race or kill everyone.

I did not like the third one because all of that mission crap, and really strange fuzzy looking people, plus having to do so many missions in the same area.

News Comments > American McGee to Enlight
11. Re: uh-ha Mar 4, 2004, 12:16 Taulin

Nope, no OZ...if you read the article, McGee says "We intended to go out and find a new publisher for the title and we discovered that game publishers in that top tier just aren't picking up original titles any more. "

Sad..so very sad.

News Comments > More on UO Add-on
8. Re: I wonder Feb 26, 2004, 23:41 Taulin

Or, instead of EA, just call themselve EP. Extended Play or Expansion Pack..you choose.

News Comments > Origin Closure Official
18. Re: Aww... Feb 26, 2004, 23:34 Taulin

Did you mean Ultima 8:pagan?

Ultima 6 was one of my favorites, along with WC2 and 3. Ultima 7 part 1 and 2 i think were the hight of RPGs. They had full interaction with players and environments. My friend BUILT A HOUSE out of crap lying around in the game so he could store his gold.

Ultima 9 fell too much into that Town, Fight, battle, repeat crap. Who cares if it was rushed out the door, it was way too linear.

Gariot was smart to leave. At least he took the better programmers with him.

Wait..Origin is not dead! They just moved! Oh wait.. yea, they are dead

6. Save the dam fish? Feb 24, 2004, 12:26 Taulin

Wouldn't the concussion of the explosion kill most of the fish?

News Comments > Syndicate Follow-up?
10. Re: No subject Feb 24, 2004, 12:22 Taulin

Syndicate 2, (Syndicate Wars?) was really good. It was in 3d and had an incredible atmosphere.

News Comments > Thief Movie?
44. Re: Bale Feb 17, 2004, 12:31 Taulin

Tom Beringer(sp) (Platoon), was originally cast for Doom. That Doom movie news was back in 94.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 in Summer at Soonest
44. Re: Jesus Feb 3, 2004, 12:34 Taulin

These pretzels are making me thirsty!!

News Comments > Derek Smart vs DreamCatcher
47. Re: Lack of Smarts... Jan 30, 2004, 23:53 Taulin

As one who is privatly developing a game, I understand where DS is coming from....

HOWEVER!! He still reminds me of the prick over confident freshman CS majors I had to put up with every year at college.

HOWEVER!!!!! At least DS has FINISHED a game..Two games? During the time of DNF development.

33. Re: Sound card trouble Jan 22, 2004, 12:27 Taulin

While the Japanese do count down New Year's Eve, they primarily do their celebrating new year's day by going to the local temple and such. They also eat a nice bowl of Soba after the count down. The long noodles represent having a long healthy year.

News Comments > Unreal XMP Patch
23. Re: WTF else is new.... Jan 21, 2004, 00:10 Taulin

Ve3d went down, literally, overnight. I loved coming here and there. News can be found anywhere, but the community behind the news is what is important to me. Slashdot is too big. If I want to speak, I am on the bottom of the barrel.

News Comments > Black Isle Lives?
13. Re: Pun Intended!!! Dec 19, 2003, 12:46 Taulin

So Interplay is going to feed us a line to shut us up, give us a far out release date, and hope we forget about it.

News Comments > More on Interplay
40. Re: DVDs please Dec 17, 2003, 12:45 Taulin

95% textures, maybe models, and layouts...maybe.
Scripting and players were the biggest part of Fallout 1 and 2, and I can believe it taking over 50% of the man hours the total game needs. If only 5% of the game included the scripts and players, then FO3 would have been an empty wastland of robotic people and a linear story.

They probably had at least 5 months of development left, with another 3 to 4 of testing. Without some of the key developers that were there from the first 2, I wonder how the game would have really been.

12. Re: Media of the day Dec 9, 2003, 12:42 Taulin

I believe Gib (short for Giblet) came from Quake. They were describing the bits of flesh that you could now throw around (i.e. the Gib-gun).

209 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo