Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Smellfinger

Real Name Smellfinger   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Smellfinger
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 16, 2002, 17:15
Total Comments 364 (Amateur)
User ID 14428

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Details
67. Re: classes? Mar 25, 2007, 00:34 Smellfinger

double post

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 00:35.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Details
16. Re: No subject Mar 22, 2007, 23:33 Smellfinger

Wow, you are insane. How did batman's reply in this thread warrant this load of complete rubbish?

Read this article.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070321.wanon0321/BNStory/PersonalTech/home

This reimaging of TF makes it more unique.

The graphics are astounding. If I still had the reflexes needed to be competitive at a game like Team Fortress 2 and didn't feel so strongly about steam, I'd be really interested in it.

News Comments > Funcom Drops "Offline" Games
50. Re: No subject Mar 17, 2007, 01:07 Smellfinger

The downside is that thieving little twats have all but wrecked PC gaming...

Plenty of developers release mediocre and/or unfinished games and expect people to salivate like Pavlov's dogs on release day. When that doesn't happen, piracy is the easy scapegoat. If more developers would hold themselves to account for their mistakes, this would be a much healthier industry.

I think what hurt the industry most was the almost universal adoption of Direct3D at the expense of OpenGL. As much as I dislike their recent games, id Software should be commended for supporting OpenGL. John Carmack understands the importance of choice in this industry and should be respected for that. Developers who march in lockstep with Microsoft because it's the path of least resistance are doing more damage to the industry than they understand.

News Comments > Halo 2 & PC Live in May
57. Lets get back on track. Mar 14, 2007, 19:32 Smellfinger

Windows Live restricts your multiplayer options unless you pay for the Gold subscription, and even then you're forced to use Windows Live. This is counter to what id Software started with the original Quake. It's counter to the spirit of online PC gaming.

News Comments > Valve on Games for Windows
58. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2007, 22:26 Smellfinger

They won't ban you for tweaking your hardware. At worst they'll ban you from the Windows Live service if you're caught with an invalid license. At best they'll prevent you from accessing the multiplayer portion of a game if you don't have a valid license. Either way it puts more power in the hands of Microsoft.

57. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2007, 22:24 Smellfinger

Double post.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 22:28.

55. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2007, 19:54 Smellfinger

I don't keep up with a lot of this stuff but I'm talking about the Xbox Live-like system that is being put in place in the next several months.

With Xbox Live, Microsoft scans your Xbox to see if you've modified it to play copied games. In fact, you risk being banned from the service if you're found to be using a modified Xbox. I expect Windows Live to function in a similar fashion.

51. Re: No subject Mar 13, 2007, 18:10 Smellfinger

It makes guys like me PIRATE YOUR FUCKING OPERATING SYSTEM TO PLAY THE GAME I'LL PAY FOR!

Games for Windows will undoubtedly check to see if you have a valid Vista key like Windows Update does. If you want to play anything online, you'll probably have to buy Vista. My guess is that this is another reason for Games for Windows existence.

29. Send a message by growing up. Mar 13, 2007, 01:12 Smellfinger

I like playing games as much as the next nerd, but what Microsoft has done with Vista has turned me towards Linux and away from PC games and Microsoft products in general. Learning Linux is very difficult at times, but I can't in good conscience support a company that puts a cartel of wealthy entertainment industry conglomerates ahead of its users. If the options are stepping in line to be taken advantage of or giving up PC games, I choose the latter.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 22:35.

19. Re: Doug isn't funny Mar 12, 2007, 22:28 Smellfinger

A purposeless operating system, to be sure.

The main purpose of Windows Vista is to protect corporate interests with DRM, restricting what users can do with their hardware. This is the one thing it does right out of the box without any patches.

News Comments > Shadowrun & Windows LIVE "Gold" Accounts
7. Welcome to the future. Mar 5, 2007, 21:18 Smellfinger

The success of closed-system content delivery services like Steam and the pay-to-play subscription model of MMO's and Xbox Live have seriously damaged the open and free online gaming we used to enjoy. Pay-to-play gaming is the new paradigm.

Playing 16-player Quake online 10 years ago, I never imagined that something so pure would be co-opted by corporate greed. Then again, I was young and naive.

Online gaming has gone from being a dynamic experience to a cold, calculated business venture. I'm just glad I was there when it was something special.

News Comments > Best Buy's Pre-pwned Program
87. Re: Marc Rein = Music Industry Oct 2, 2005, 15:33 Smellfinger

"Think how easy it would be to require entry of a registration code to lock the game to that account."

Think of how easy it would be for me not to buy your video game if you decide to implement that stupid fucking shit. I wiped my ass with Half-Life 2 and I'll wipe my ass with any other game that wants me to go through hoops after I've paid my $50.

News Comments > RattHunter Announced
70. I like this press release. Feb 5, 2005, 16:36 Smellfinger

If an unknown Russian developer can muster the courage to apologize in advance for a mediocre FPS, then why can't id Software apologize after the fact?

News Comments > More WoW Woes
62. Re: Blizzard hasn't lost anyone of value Jan 25, 2005, 04:12 Smellfinger

I'd like to add that if they lost anyone who worked on Diablo 2 I would consider that a major bonus. What a shit game. Easily the worst game of their career.

News Comments > More WoW Woes
55. Blizzard hasn't lost anyone of value. Jan 23, 2005, 21:22 Smellfinger

Look at the fetid diarrhea all of these ex-Blizzard teams have sprayed out. Goblin Commander: Shit. That stupid fucking Diablo clone set in medievil Japan: Shit. Guild Wars: Shit baked in the sun for 4 days with maggots and puke and smegma.

WOW itself is the only MMORPG worth playing. Technical issues aside, it's Blizzard's best game since Starcraft. What ruins the game is petty, small-minded class (cock) envy. The fanbase consists of intellectually and emotionally stunted rejects who want more for themselves and less for their preceived competition. As usual, the community is killing the game, the worthless, greedy, knuckle-dragging, slope-browed, most-likely-underbathed pissant subhumans that they are.

Fart.

News Comments > 20,000 Steam Accounts Disabled
78. Re: It blows Nov 23, 2004, 18:55 Smellfinger

"So you like a game with dated graphics, frame rate issues, clunky controls, a half-assed non-story and horribly repetitive level design?"

Yeah. Isn't it sad that a game with all those problems is better than Half-Life 2?

49. Re: It blows Nov 23, 2004, 17:14 Smellfinger

"Ok.. half of you are missing the point entirely."

They're intentionally missing the point. It's willfull ignorance because they have a subconscious desire to be dominated by authority. To them, Steam is like a stern spanking, and they find that feeling very comfortable. The fanboy mentality is very simple and transparent once you understand the psychological mechanisms that control it.

23. Steam makes piracy easier. Nov 23, 2004, 15:41 Smellfinger

The cracked Steam version of HL2 I played worked just fine. It was much easier to get running properly than anything I've pirated in years. Unzip to directory and play. No serials, cracks or ISO files to burn. When I got bored of the game after a few hours of play, since it's not half the game Halo 2 is, I simply erased the directory. So Steam actually makes piracy more convenient. Thanks Valve!

News Comments > More Half-Life 2 Preloads
20. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART! Sep 3, 2004, 01:39 Smellfinger

Gabe is obese and full of shit so he must fart a lot!

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Preloads Steam Ahead
94. Re: wait a min Aug 27, 2004, 17:07 Smellfinger

You're assuming that Steam is there for the benefit of the consumer when it's not. It's there for the benefit of Valve's pocketbook.

364 Comments. 19 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo