Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for John

Real Name John   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Drazula
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 14, 2002, 12:18
Total Comments 111 (Novice)
User ID 14392

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 28, 2015, 13:25 Drazula

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:10:
nimski wrote on Aug 28, 2015, 11:00:
In Firefox you just set Flash to "Ask to activate" in the Add-ons menu.

Exactly what I do, and it's awesome...no more shitty flash, no more autoplays on videos.

I've used this in Chrome, but the setting is buried. Show Advanced Settings - Privacy - Content Settings... - Plugins - Let me choose when to run plugin content.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 23, 2015, 12:55 Drazula

I don't run an adblocker. I set Chrome to let me choose when to run plugin content. This essentially kills Flash advertisements. Also, it stops sites that autoplay their flash videos. That annoys the heck out of me. Pages load very fast now.  

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
24. Re: Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem Jul 15, 2015, 13:10 Drazula

With the right story, Duke Nukem could still be viable. It would have to be a "Man out of his time" story similar to "Demolition Man" (the Stallone/Snipes movie). It could create an interesting dynamic.  

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jul 14, 2015, 12:51 Drazula

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 10:39:
Who knew? That Star Citizen would bring a Chris Roberts vs Derek Smart battle.
Godzilla vs. Mr. Potato Head.

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
7. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 25, 2015, 14:09 Drazula

siapnar wrote on Jun 25, 2015, 12:50:
Sales suspended, refunds... I can't remember the last time a launch was this bad. I'm kinda surprised it's coming in the form of Arkham Knight
There have been plenty, but rather than step up and do the right thing, they followed the "DENY anything is wrong" script. You've heard it before - "a few players are having issues", " problems with configurations outside the recommended specs" etc.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended
13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Sales Suspended Jun 25, 2015, 10:50 Drazula

Wow! Will they piss off PC gamers by never re-releasing it?!  

News Comments > Indie Developers on Steam Refunds
17. Re: Indie Developers on Steam Refunds Jun 8, 2015, 11:28 Drazula

Quboid wrote on Jun 8, 2015, 09:55:
Perhaps the refund window should scale with price so maybe you get 1 hour per $10: 6 hours for a AAA $60 game but only 1 hour for a $8.99 indie title.
I agree with this idea, but set a max of 3 hours, and no refund for anything less than $5.

Maybe it is just me, but I cannot remember being "over-promised" anything by an indie developer. AAA titles with marketing machines behind them make exaggerated promises. Shouldn't punish the indie developer to protect gamers from big publishers.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 4, 2015, 10:55 Drazula

FTC changing guidelines is probably the biggest news to impact gaming in years. Finally, we can see who is giving an honest review...  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Trailer
35. Re: Fallout 4 Trailer Jun 3, 2015, 13:07 Drazula

I've gotten so sick from the recent rash of over-promised trailer graphics that disappoint in the actual games, that I enjoyed knowing that this game will more or less look the same as the trailer.

Nice going game world... now I'm a cynic...

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 1, 2015, 12:11 Drazula

Their doomsday scenario isn't even close as they are excluding people that control the use of plugins in their browsers. STOP USING FLASH ADS. I was sick of seeing that Shockwave has crashed...

Buggy Flash, malware and poorly performing ads are reasons for this.

Ad suppliers and content producers need to get on the same page as users. Don't behave like the RIAA by calling your customers criminals because they refuse to be inconvenienced. That is not the right approach.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
24. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 10:21 Drazula

Lord Tea wrote on May 21, 2015, 10:00:
So, THIS is great in your opinion? At least a GTX 970 for full HD? A Kepler based GTX Titan can't handle this game at 1080p with a decent frame rate.

THAT'S great in my book. And GTAV looks better too, thanks to CDPR's downgrades.
Thank NVidia Gameworks for that. It cripples AMD cards and non-Maxwell NVidia cards.

News Comments > CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades
17. Re: CDPR on Witcher 3 Graphics Downgrades May 21, 2015, 09:57 Drazula

Toning down the graphics? If that is their only sin, it is the process of doing business.

Just don't change the gameplay! I'm still waiting for the ability to block a door with a table, which was shown in the Half-Life 2 trailer in 2003!

News Comments > More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy
30. Re: More NVIDIA Gameworks Controversy May 19, 2015, 14:08 Drazula

If I understand this right, NVidia Gameworks not only messes with AMD cards, it kills performance on previous NVidia generations, even though base on specs they should run faster?

Time to boycott games based on Gameworks...

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews May 13, 2015, 11:46 Drazula

Tea Party Simulator 2015?! Is that the game where fascists, rednecks and the NRA hunt down gays, liberals, and atheists. Where you get bonus points for protecting characters free speech and freedom of religion as long as they don't say "Global Warming" and they are not Muslim?!

Meh, too unbelievable to be a simulation.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Apr 27, 2015, 10:41 Drazula

Companies cheating on tests. Some so-called leaders are meant to stay in high school... Hope AV-Comparatives let's us know who they are.  

News Comments > Telltale Marvel Game Plans
6. Re: Telltale Marvel Game Plans Apr 24, 2015, 13:24 Drazula

I like Telltale games. They never take themselves too seriously. This should be good!  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 13:46 Drazula

"Windows 9 Will be a Free Upgrade For Windows 8 Users."

But only if you didn't upgrade to 8.1 Upgrade 1, in which case you will have to downgrade back to 8, then install patch KB1DUMBASS to clean up left over registry entries, then...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Aug 7, 2014, 11:10 Drazula

"Hail to the King of Cancelled Games, Baby!" - 3D Realms  

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jul 23, 2014, 13:41 Drazula

Ozmodan wrote on Jul 23, 2014, 12:59:
The problem with this industry, it has far too many immature male kids in it and that sadly has nothing to do with age. Hence they really have a problem working with any female.

If women think it will get better by complaining that seems a lot of wishful thinking.
I agree with you. But the problem IS the gaming industry. It targets adolescents. It makes sense to have immature men who can think like hormone driven teenagers.

And btw ladies, you shouldn't be too worried about the men in the game industry. They have never seen the inside of a gym, so I'm sure you can kick their butts.

News Comments > Interceptor Drops a Bombshell
29. Re: Interceptor Drops a Bombshell May 15, 2014, 16:56 Drazula

Wish I could get the last 3 1/2 minutes of my life back...  

111 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo