Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Trunks

Real Name Trunks   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://nifityni.dyndns.org:81/~trunks
Signed On Sep 12, 2002, 00:42
Total Comments 3 (Suspect)
User ID 14329

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: Empire at War Demo
43. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2006, 01:27 Trunks

I think he means the widescreen checkbox in the video options, which actually does correct the aspect ratio of the game so things don't look stretched on a widescreen display.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars RTS Revealed
43. Re: No subject Nov 11, 2004, 13:12 Trunks

Unless his previous game industry experience involved running a register at GameStop, it's like that everywhere.

No, it's NOT like that everywhere. Yes, other studios have to go through crunch periods, but EA is by far the most extreme and worst when it comes to that, especially considering they don't offer OT, comp time, or any other sort of compensation (which many other companies do).

Slashdot just posted a link to that same article, and there's a bunch of ex-EA guys replying there stating the exact same thing. This quote in particular caught my eye: "After crunch time was done, I mentioned my concerns about the overtime to management. This led to my being placed on a probationary "get your act together" period, one step away from being fired."

I've been at four different game companies throughout my career and have friends at many others, and the people I know who are at (or who were) at EA all say the same thing. Don't be spouting nonsense unless you have firsthand knowledge of the situation.

This comment was edited on Nov 11, 13:15.

News Comments > Star Wars RTS Revealed
40. Re: No subject Nov 11, 2004, 11:23 Trunks

Are you kidding? After some of the horror stories there have been about working at EA, it's more likely these guys didn't want to join that mess. See this article why: http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/

3 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo