Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Bill Borre

Real Name Bill Borre   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 10, 2002, 14:04
Total Comments 885 (Graduate)
User ID 14301

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
1. Re: Boy Scouts Aug 21, 2013, 09:41 Bill Borre

So gay scouts are ok but they have a problem with nerds? The tech community needs better political representation.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Trailer
3. Re: Shadow Warrior Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 09:38 Bill Borre

You feel lucky chump? I mean punk. Damn. I always fuck that up.

haha

News Comments > Command & Conquer Getting Story-Driven Missions
3. Re: Command & Conquer Getting Story-Driven Missions Aug 20, 2013, 15:17 Bill Borre

Jon Van Caneghem. Wow. That name brings back memories. Decades ago, when I got stuck playing one of the original Might and Magics, I called up the New World Computing customer service number and he picked up the line. He told me "Cowabunga Dude!" when I said I was from California and said that the last caller was from Germany.  

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Revealed
3. Re: The Wolf Among Us Revealed Aug 14, 2013, 10:35 Bill Borre

Fables is about fairy tale characters existing in modern urban settings. Somebody is obviously reading it. I read the first issue, but just didn't get hooked on the concept.  

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2013, 22:12 Bill Borre

It kinda reminds me of the monorail they have at Disneyland, except for being enclosed. I wonder if he was inspired by that as a kid?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 12, 2013, 09:42 Bill Borre

Dear Friends;

I have just about the second-worst sort of news to relay on the matter of Kate's disappearance. We have more details about Kate's past and background, and they are leading us to the near-unavoidable conclusion that Kate has not gone missing, so much as she has chosen to vanish.

Kate's rental car was returned in Las Vegas, and there's nothing currently to indicate she rented another one. Her credit card activity indicates she was still in Vegas after the date she claimed to be on the road home. It's quite likely her last text message was not sent from Albany, NY, as she said. Worse yet, we have confirmation from her parents that this is a repeating pattern due to a serious mental illness for which she was supposed to be receiving treatment and medication.

Last August Kate vanished, and in that case her parents also filed a missing persons report. We did not know this sooner because we had not yet managed to track down her parents. Once they were contacted, this new information came to light.

When she left for Las Vegas, she took everything of importance with her, leaving behind just enough to make it seem as though she intended to return, but no papers or personal possessions of value. We must sadly report that this all fits the same pattern she wove one year ago.

Right now, the possibility that Kate is legitimately missing is extremely remote. I think it's time we stop considering Kate a victim of accident or malice and instead consider her to be a victim of her own untreated issues. It's Dan, the player of Tasha - her roommate, host, and the person left behind - who is truly suffering the most here, and most in need of comfort and support right now.

If the past is prologue, we have every reason now to believe that Kate is with someone else in Las Vegas, but as of this moment we cannot confirm her location or her status. If you do have any contact with her, please inform Dan. By all accounts, Kate has some serious psychological issues and needs help of her own.

Dan and all of us who were involved with this deeply appreciate your help and support. As a community we came together admirably to get the word out. We mobilized on social media, the gaming web sites responded quickly with their own articles, respected industry members took the time to spread the word. At every turn the community was exactly what it was supposed to be... a community, a caring group of people.

Being bound together by a shared love of games and gaming is really a thin thread to unite people. We're of different genders, faiths, wildly divergent politics, and incomes. We're spread all over the nation, and even all over the world. Yet, when confronted with a serious problem, we responded admirably. One of our own was in trouble, and we all did what we could to help.

By all accounts, Kate's issues caused her to use Dan, and by extension, use a lot of us. And that's terrible on many levels. Please don't let that diminish the fact that, as a community, we proved our worth in spades. It's late for me tonight, but on Monday I will formally contact every web site that posted about this event with news of what happened. We will, of course, continue to post any further updates we receive.

Thank you again sincerely for all your support.

There's the whole post for those interested. Apparently she has a history of disappearing.

News Comments > Strife Announced
24. Re: Strife Announced Aug 9, 2013, 10:12 Bill Borre

Witchaven?  

News Comments > Strife Announced
7. Re: Strife Announced Aug 8, 2013, 21:09 Bill Borre

haha. I thought it was great! I was hoping that more publishers would release 3-D RPGs after I played Strife.  

News Comments > Project Eternity Art & Screenshot
1. Re: Project Eternity Art & Screenshot Aug 7, 2013, 09:15 Bill Borre

I think I prefer it the way you normally do it.  

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2013, 14:49 Bill Borre

Only 8M? I'm kinda surprised at such a modest number. Over all these years, I would've figured John sunk a lot more into it.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 1, 2013, 09:17 Bill Borre

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

News Comments > Journey of a Roach Announced
7. Re: Journey of a Roach Announced Jul 29, 2013, 15:29 Bill Borre

Not even a fucking nuclear war can kill these things!

---Robert MacCammon "Swan Song"

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Lawmakers Who Upheld NSA Phone Spying Received Double the Defense Industry Cash Jul 28, 2013, 17:08 Bill Borre

Actually I think headline is sort of interesting. Not that politician's votes are bought, your sarcasm indicates the level many of us have to come to expect such cynicism. What makes me curious is what is the Defense industry's motive to spy upon Americans?  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
1. Re: When 'Smart Homes' Get Hacked Jul 28, 2013, 17:03 Bill Borre

I saw a really crappy movie in the 80s that sorta had this premise. This serial killer gets electrocuted and his ghost travels over the electrical wires to kill more victims through appliance malfunctions.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Google Babel Jul 28, 2013, 16:59 Bill Borre

I'm kinda surprised we don't have that yet really.  

News Comments > Fez II Cancelled
15. Re: Fez II Cancelled Jul 28, 2013, 16:57 Bill Borre

You'll be sorry when I'm dead...and all this guilt will be upon your head...  

News Comments > Redshirt Video
3. Re: Redshirt Video Jul 20, 2013, 15:59 Bill Borre

Do women really even enjoy these kinds of things? Or do they feel like they've been thrown into this 'tech' world populated by men and this is the sort of feminine stamp they place upon the situation as an attempt to relate to something fundamentally different from themselves?  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2013, 14:16 Bill Borre

lol. ATLAS reminds me of Arnim Zola. I wonder if it has a voice box with a German accent?  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 18, 2013, 22:21 Bill Borre

lol. Yeah, Blue, he's pretty obscure.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins
8. Re: Guild Wars 2 Election Season Begins Jul 16, 2013, 18:06 Bill Borre

lol. I enjoy political chat in mmos but there's always at least one person whining about getting the politics out of chat whenever such a discussion begins.  

885 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo